Mini 847 Murder in Zachtown (Game over!)

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:04 am

Post by KittyMo »

Quick post before I'm out the door:
BM wrote: Also, thanks Kitty. I'd also be willing to string you and Vi up i think, but not Mae. Let's just run somebody up, k?

BM
So because Maemuki tracked me, I should be lynched?
Vi wrote: ITT, Haylen posts nothing. Again <_<
What does ITT mean?
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Haylen »

It means 'In This Thread' And As I have said before BM, I aint replacing out. Just finding it difficult to get into the game.

Can I be asked some direct questions please?

Also, Brutal Assassin
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Haylen wrote:It means 'In This Thread' And As I have said before BM, I aint replacing out. Just finding it difficult to get into the game.

Can I be asked some direct questions please?

Also, Brutal Assassin
Hate to go all preachy here, but the value in you answering questions is absolutely minimal if you have no knowledge with which to answer them. Preferably, you would read the thread, looking for scumtells, and compile them in a post, so that you may learn something from us. Then, you can provide an opinion, such that we may endeavour to learn something from you.

@Kitty- no lol. But because you were tracked, does not mean you are confirmed town, as some people have supposed. And your reaction to being tracked, struck me as scummy.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Been totally swamped since my last post. I am going to try and post in here later tonight, if not then first thing in the morning. Cross my heart hope to die.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by Vi »

hito 892 wrote:My immediate concerns are a.) Getting Nik to actually say/do something of substance b.) slogging through DTM's post (that is, actually going to the posts he provided numbers for...gonna take a while :/) and c.) the obvious cajole lurkers to post more. (Hayl and Kitty mostly, although apparently they're both on the mend?)
tl;dr, you want to play activity police as opposed to scumhunt.
hito 892 wrote:That depends on meta-reads. I'll confess my reading of Sotty's post is going slowly - that wresting forum is formatting hell. If her summaries are accurate then I'm willing to concede that Jason is probably town; however, she would obviously say those summaries regardless of the actual game content so I'm checking how she said the game went versus how it actually went.
tl;dr dunno
I suspected as much.

-----
BM 896 wrote:@Vi - What do u mean by that?
More or less exactly what I said~
jason's
flaming red
response to you doesn't fit any scumpattern I've run across - while I've seen scum call out bad cases made on themselves in self-defense, I don't think I've ever seen it made such a big deal that it becomes the center of attention. That's why I would consider that outburst a reasonable Towntell.
(I'm not even going to bother trying to get through all of Sotty's links.)
Battle Mage 896 wrote:Also, thanks Kitty. I'd also be willing to string you and Vi up i think, but not Mae. Let's just run somebody up, k?
I'm trying to think up a smart-aleck response to this, but I just can't think of one OTH. v.v
Judging from your vote, though, I don't think you're up for just
any
lynch. Are there any preferences that you, well,
prefer
?

-----
Incognito 1148 (Newbie 825) wrote:Haylen's meta:
She's being attacked by everyone and their mother and their grandmother's too --
Town
She's coasting... somehow --
Scum

(I'm mostly kidding about this, but
[etc.]
)
In the slurred words of SpyreX, ohhhhhh haaaaaay.

Unvote: hitogoroshi
Vote: Haylen
(L-4)

That's two great choices for lynches today.
Still waiting on DTMaster to see if there's a third.~

(To answer the obvious objection - good exaggerations are built on truth.)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

yellowbunny wrote: So if that was the purpose, is it fair to say you didn't find Jason scummy when you voted him? Also, if you were right and he was just OMGUSing BM (or whoever attacks him), I am not convinced that is a horribly scummy thing to do. (Logically flawed, yes...but scummy.../shrugs) Explain your rationale, please.
Semi-fair to say that. I won't say I didn't find him scummy, but it's true that my vote on him was to SEE if he was doing the scummy thing I thought he was doing, and not to actually hunt him because I thought he was scum. I realize that's a confusing sentence to deal with, but c'est la vie.

My rationale is simply that this isn't a newbie game. If someone is doing something logically flawed and anti-town, I'm much more willing to think that's scum play than illogical town play.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by Vi »

*is noticeably ignored*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

9th vote count of day 2:

DTMaster - 3 (Yellowbunny, DTMaster, Nikanor)
Haylen - 2 (Sotty7, Vi)
hitogoroshi - 1 (JasonT1981)
JasonT1981 - 1 (hitogoroshi)
Nikanor - 1 (Haylen)
Sotty7 - 1 (Battle Mage)

Not voting (Maemuki, KittyMo)

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.

I apologize for being slow on updating the vote count.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vi wrote:*is noticeably ignored*
You mean your one sentence flame-bait things? It's pointless to say "I'm going to scumhunt!" - my response will simply be me scumhunting, or not scumhunting. And your second sentence is completely a school-yard taunt. I say I'm going to read the meta, you respond with "HAHA, you're waiting to pass final judgment until you read the information provided?
I susepcted as much.
"

Or, to to respond in your style, tl;dr I can't respond to what isn't there. ;)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Battle Mage wrote: @Kitty- no lol. But because you were tracked, does not mean you are confirmed town, as some people have supposed. And your reaction to being tracked, struck me as scummy.

BM
What specifically about it was scummy? It's hard to help you understand why I said what I said if I don't know what you found wrong with it.

Ughhh I need moar pain killers.

I do have a random meta link for Haylen when she's scum and sick though. http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 37&start=0

Have a nice day.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by Haylen »

Vi, note the 'I'm mostly kidding...' part of that quote by Incognito you made.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:57 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Unvote, Vote: Vi

Scumslip in 904.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by Haylen »

Where?

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:11 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Battle Mage wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Vi

Scumslip in 904.

BM
BM, Seriously dude, start pointing things out as to what you feel is scum slips.. scummy behaviour. Everyone of your votes has been without any real reason or evidence to back it up and it is becoming very annoying.

What is the scumslip?

You just seem vote happy, willing to jump from vote to vote for anyones lynch but your own
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:46 am

Post by Sotty7 »

hitogoroshi Post 879 wrote:And I have a serious, serious problem with the phrasing "jumped all over him." Let's recap - I saw Jason attacking BM for, in essence, attacking him. I voted Jason to see whether or not he would continue to scum-hunt BM, ignoring my vote, or if I would become just as scummy in his eyes because I dared vote him. I was completely right - I suddenly became scum target #1 for doing such. And Sotty, how do you describe this? Opportunistically jumping all over him. The opportunity was a time when he was already responding to pressure and I could add more. He, beyond a shadow of a doubt, reacted disproportionately. To say I jumped all over him, and that this is a bad behavior, is to say that it is an anti-town behavior to apply pressure to someone who is already showing a stressful reaction to player pressure. It's saying that it's poor form to create a situation where Jason has to deal with pressure because he might deal with it wrong. I think it goes without saying that doing such - to 'jump all over someone' - is the entire purpose of active scumhunting (as opposed to analytical scumhunting.)
It's all about timing and the feel of the vote. Looking back at the lead up to your vote BM was all over Jason and he was getting increasingly annoyed. Rather than post and prod him, asking for reasoning you
jumped
on him with a vote
compounding
the situation. Hence opportunistic. It's like you didn't want an explanation, just more reaction from Jason who would just keep digging in his hole.

I could be blinded by the meta that I have on Jason, but I know his play can be and often is easily manipulated by scum. However, the fact I am not the only player feeling your vote as opportunistic makes me think I have hit the nail on the head.
Battle Mage Post 885 wrote:And i still cant bloody differentiate between Kitty and Mae, in terms of claims? -.-
Neither of them are posting much so I can understand the confusion. They are starting to blend into one player almost.
KittyMo Post 889 wrote:I'll work on getting out a suspicion list soon. I just find specific questions to have a priority.
Okay, I was going to ask you to do this, but I can wait a little bit. Keep in mind however that the deadline is in five days I think.

(Glad to hear it's not horrible news and that you will get better)

Mod: Can you post the deadline in all your vote counts please? I notice that you have stopped doing that

Haylen Post 898 wrote:BM. You know exactly where I am right now, so dont go saying Im lurking. Im not replacing out, I never replace out. I'm gonna post content tonight. But right now Im busy. Yes busy, just like every bugger else in the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHIU8RGphlY
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:48 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Sotty7 wrote:
Mod: Can you post the deadline in all your vote counts please? I notice that you have stopped doing that
Yeah, I figured it got a bit redundant with the deadline being in the title. You have just over 4 days to the deadline right now.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:56 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

yellowbunny wrote:
Hito wrote:
Because, as I've stated, the purpose of the vote was to see whether or not Jason would attack his attacker immediately, and saying "hey Jason this is to see whether or not you'll immediately attack your attacker" would make it an exercise in futility. (Or perhaps not - apparently no one is reading what I post regarding information/vote dynamics.)
So if that was the purpose, is it fair to say you didn't find Jason scummy when you voted him? Also, if you were right and he was just OMGUSing BM (or whoever attacks him), I am not convinced that is a horribly scummy thing to do. (Logically flawed, yes...but scummy.../shrugs) Explain your rationale, please.
I fail to see how my vote is OMGUS considering I spent most of day 1 also.... going after BM, if anything it became BM attacking
his
attacker in me with his vote on day 2.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Maemuki »

Jason wrote:I fail to see how my vote is OMGUS considering I spent most of day 1 also.... going after BM, if anything it became BM attacking his attacker in me with his vote on day 2.
Yes, but you only started going after hito after he voted for you wasn't it?
Sotty wrote:Neither of them are posting much so I can understand the confusion. They are starting to blend into one player almost.
...that would be just creepy, Sotty.
BM wrote:Scumslip in 904.
?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:42 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Maemuki wrote:
Jason wrote:I fail to see how my vote is OMGUS considering I spent most of day 1 also.... going after BM, if anything it became BM attacking his attacker in me with his vote on day 2.
Yes, but you only started going after hito after he voted for you wasn't it?
While his vote was before mine, I outlined my reasons for voting Hito pointing out how scummy he had become.
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

Jason wrote: I fail to see how my vote is OMGUS considering I spent most of day 1 also.... going after BM, if anything it became BM attacking his attacker in me with his vote on day 2.
You will note that I said *if* it was OMGUS - aka hypo-OMGUS. I don't believe you were OMGUSing BM, but Hito said he thought so, and I wanted him to explain his train of thought.
Hito wrote:That depends on meta-reads. I'll confess my reading of Sotty's post is going slowly - that wresting forum is formatting hell. If her summaries are accurate then I'm willing to concede that Jason is probably town; however, she would obviously say those summaries regardless of the actual game content so I'm checking how she said the game went versus how it actually went.
Have you come to a conclusion about Jason yet?
Hito wrote:Semi-fair to say that. I won't say I didn't find him scummy, but it's true that my vote on him was to SEE if he was doing the scummy thing I thought he was doing, and not to actually hunt him because I thought he was scum. I realize that's a confusing sentence to deal with, but c'est la vie.

My rationale is simply that this isn't a newbie game. If someone is doing something logically flawed and anti-town, I'm much more willing to think that's scum play than illogical town play.
So the only person you noticed him doing this to (prior than you) was BM? Your argument boils down to you thought you noticed a trend of OMGUSing...but one instance doesn't make very much of a trend.

@Everyone: Four days til deadline...I'm
in favor of an extension
"Someone is playing with my mind, with my little gray cells. " - Hercule Poirot
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

yellowbunny wrote:
@Everyone: Four days til deadline...I'm
in favor of an extension
I eliminated the extension clause from the deadline in favor of simply changing the deadlines from 2 weeks to 3. There will be no deadline extension.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Vi »

hitogoroshi 908 wrote:It's pointless to say "I'm going to scumhunt!" - my response will simply be me
scumhunting, or
not scumhunting.
I'm bitterly amused that you bothered to pay lip service to
thinking about
finding scum.
hitogoroshi 908 wrote:And your second sentence is completely a school-yard taunt. I say I'm going to read the meta, you respond with "HAHA, you're waiting to pass final judgment until
you read the information provided
everyone else makes the decision for you?
I susepcted as much."
Fixed.

-----
Haylen 910 wrote:Vi, note the 'I'm mostly kidding...' part of that quote by Incognito you made.
Vi 904 wrote:(To answer the obvious objection - good exaggerations are built on truth.)
-----
Battle Mage 911 wrote:Unvote, Vote: Vi

Scumslip in 904.

BM
...should I even ask?

-----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZkllM8znx4&fmt=18

-----
y-bunny 919 wrote:@Everyone: Four days til deadline...I'm in favor of an extension
In case it needs to be said, most of this post is an excuse for activity and checking in. With all respect to your inquiries into hito, nothing that has gone on or is going on is doing much to change my mind.
We don't need an extension; we need to get on the ball and agree to
lynch
someone - preferably scum, i.e. the people I outlined earlier.
That means the people not voting or wasting their votes on people who aren't getting lynched (Haylen and hito - oh wait) should at least
pretend
they're interested in finding/killing scum.
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

Vi wrote: In case it needs to be said, most of this post is an excuse for activity and checking in. With all respect to your inquiries into hito, nothing that has gone on or is going on is doing much to change my mind.
Well its a good thing I asked that question because *I* want answers to them, and not for you, hrm EMACS? :p

Vi wrote: We don't need an extension; we need to get on the ball and agree to lynch someone - preferably scum, i.e. the people I outlined earlier.
That means the people not voting or wasting their votes on people who aren't getting lynched (Haylen and hito - oh wait) should at least pretend they're interested in finding/killing scum.
Fair enough. FWIW, I would be fine with lynches on the following: DT, Hito, and (if the alternative is a no-lynch) Haylen. Over the past few pages Hito's level of scummyness has jumped in my book so now he is on par with DT. As far as Haylen goes, I'd prefer to give her a bit more time to get better...but if its between lynching her and no lynch, I'd prefer to lynch her.
"Someone is playing with my mind, with my little gray cells. " - Hercule Poirot
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:08 am

Post by Vi »

yellowbunny 942 wrote:Well its a good thing I asked that question because *I* want answers to them, and not for you, hrm EMACS? :p
Yes, sorry. I was kind of irritable yesterday. When that happens I become even more authoritarian than usual <.<
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Sotty7 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGhvoekY44

Seriously. Why aren't more people voting for Haylen?
yellowbunny Post 922 wrote:Fair enough. FWIW, I would be fine with lynches on the following: DT, Hito, and (if the alternative is a no-lynch) Haylen. Over the past few pages Hito's level of scummyness has jumped in my book so now he is on par with DT. As far as Haylen goes, I'd prefer to give her a bit more time to get better...but if its between lynching her and no lynch, I'd prefer to lynch her.
Ugh. What about all Haylen's excuses though out this game that don't involve her being sick? If we aren't going to lynch her today I could switch over to Hito. DTMaster is also turned very lurky today... He would be a distant 3rd choice.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”