Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:41 am

Post by Raskol »

Hoopla wrote: This theory is also quantified by the way he acted toward my early bandwagon. You'll note he was on edge when my wagon reached 4 and 5 votes. I think a similar thing happened when Peabody reached the same mark, he genuinely felt his Peabody's lynch was inevitable, and had to change his views knowing what Peabody would flip.
Got more, actually.

This doesn't really make any sense. Why would the fact that he responded the same way to a (let's assume) townie wagon as what turned out to be a scum wagon

In other words, you seem to be saying that his thought process was similar both times---but why would he react the same way to a townie wagon as to his partner's wagon?

If he really thought you were going to be lynched, why would he worry about it if he were scum? If he were, he'd know you were town (assuming you are) and would be glad to see you lynched on page 2 or 3 or whatever it was. Why wouldn't he have just watched it from the sidelines and waited for the quicklynch he was sure was inevitable?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:42 am

Post by charter »

unvote, vote Raskol

I'm down with this.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:43 am

Post by charter »

I also had a brainwave earlier today. I don't remember Coco/le Chat interacting hardly at all. Possible they can both be scum.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Raskol »

bah, clipped off part of the second "paragraph"

Should be "Why would the fact that he responded the same way to a (let's assume) townie wagon as what turned out to be a scum wagon indicate that he was the scum's partner? If anything, I'd think it would indicate the opposite."
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

charter wrote:I also had a brainwave earlier today. I don't remember Coco/le Chat interacting hardly at all. Possible they can both be scum.
Your syllogism falls apart since I'm not scum.

You liked a SC lynch earlier charter, it's time for you to follow my lead for once.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by charter »

No. Honestly, the scummiest thing about SC is he isn't glaringly protown, just kind of meh. Your case of "he's scum" isn't terribly convincing either.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

charter wrote:No. Honestly, the scummiest thing about SC is he isn't glaringly protown, just kind of meh. Your case of "he's scum" isn't terribly convincing either.
Really,
you're
going to complain about a lack of formalized case work?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Socrates »

charter wrote:Can you guys give opinions on more than just the scummiest players? All of your predecessors ranged from highly questionable to probable scum, and just chiming in just to pile on each other in order to save yourselves isn't really that helpful and probably won't help you out.
Meh, I think Mathcam has been generally protown, more specifically I found myself liking him as town a lot more after day 2. The way he approached the Vaya policy lynch seemed pretty genuine to me.

I would be surprised to find out CyberBob is scum, based on day 1 and the only thing that has given me pause since is the way he reacted to Col. Catharts claim.

Hoopla hasn't given me strong feelings one way or the other, the way she called out Harumafuji struck me as protown (or at least, indication that she wouldn't be on a three man team with SC), but the way she approached Sens' extended absence, not so much.

You... Ehhhhh... I'm not sure. My gut says town, but I don't really have any logic to back it up much. I did not like the wagon that formed on you day 1.

--
Hoopla wrote: I think the supposed downfall of players 'painting targets' on townies for NK's is a load of rubbish. Scum aren't brainless morons (usually), playing a different game to us. They can sense who has a town-presence amongst the group - don't you when you're scum?

Only talking about your scum reads gives you immense personal wriggle-room for later in the game, as you have no previous opinions you need to correct or restate. I'd rather the entire town declare the entirity of their thinking, than keeping tricks up their sleeve. Scum players like to have options.
Why didn't you say this when Sens said the same thing when questioned day 1?

@Charter: What do you think of my analysis of SC in relation to Peabody?

I still think Le Chat was the scummiest player, and I would prefer a DDD lynch today, followed by SC and then Raskol.

vote: Debonair Danny DiPietro
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by charter »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
charter wrote:No. Honestly, the scummiest thing about SC is he isn't glaringly protown, just kind of meh. Your case of "he's scum" isn't terribly convincing either.
Really,
you're
going to complain about a lack of formalized case work?
I'm not complaining, I'm saying your case is not persuading me. I think that since day one, he's been pretty town.
Socrates wrote:@Charter: What do you think of my analysis of SC in relation to Peabody?
All I found that you said was that SC defended Peabody some, which I agree with and mentioned myself earlier today. Cathart did this as well, so did le Chat, and I believe coco did. I kind of did by jumping ship and attacking others day one. I dunno, I'm not as sold on it as I was before.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by Socrates »

charter wrote:All I found that you said was that SC defended Peabody some, which I agree with and mentioned myself earlier today. Cathart did this as well, so did le Chat, and I believe coco did. I kind of did by jumping ship and attacking others day one. I dunno, I'm not as sold on it as I was before.
For me, the stronger point was that he built cases on the biggest proponents of the Peabody lynch, which struck me as an attempt to derail his wagon. I guess I must admit it isn't video evidence or anything but it really stood out to me when I was reading.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Can you please explain in a bit more detail how can possibly find SC to be more scummy than CoCo's replacement?
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by Raskol »

Can anyone explain to me how my behavior has been scummy and not just a source of butthurt?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by charter »

charter wrote:To expand on my last post, Raskol comes in replacing one of the scummy players, who seemed to make it his personal mission to create havoc, and only mentions the other big lynch contender, le Chat. And this is a really really small mention too, and didn't say anything new. I have absolutely no idea what he thinks about anything else in the game. I asked him to provide some more, but he gets all defensive saying that it only helps scum. Not true, and at the least, very very anti town of him. Basically Raskol came in and jumped on the biggest wagon and hasn't said two words about anyone else. Unacceptable and scummy.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Raskol wrote:Can anyone explain to me how my behavior has been scummy
Certainly. What charter said above, and the fact that you wrote these words:
Raskol wrote:and not just a source of butthurt?
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by Socrates »

Cyberbob wrote:Can you please explain in a bit more detail how can possibly find SC to be more scummy than CoCo's replacement?
Meh, I guess I was still thinking in only terms of CoCo and not his replacement.

I don't really have a strong stance one way or another about the whole full player list thing, and I just find it odd that Hoopla jumps on him for that when nobody said word 1 to Sensfan when he said the same thing.

That said...

Raskol, while Im not asking for a full player list, you have only talked about Le Chat and nobody else. Do you have any other suspicions, like, at all?
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by Raskol »

bob, I'd love to see your theory on how that phrase furthers a scum wincon.

charter:

Alright! So...if you're so concerned that you don't know what I think about anyone else, why haven't you asked me any questions as I suggested?

It doesn't really sound like you're interested in finding anything out. Rather, it reeks of rage. You just want your summary post and are pissed you won't get it. Instead of actually being willing to cooperate with my playstyle, you throw a hissy and vote me.

Either that, or you're scum and see me as an easy lynch because I'm not playing the way people are used to. I don't think so, though.

By the way, I do apologize terribly for not blowing the lid off the game with mindblowing new insights. I'm talking about things that happened weeks ago, and some of the things I said might already have been mentioned before (although I don't think anyone pointed out that le chat was literally the only player whom peabody neither attacked nor defended in any way before I said it).

Also, for me, scumhunting and getting read son people is a process of interaction. I get stronger and better opinions of people after I've been able to poke them a bit and see how they jump. Reading other people's interactions and analyzing them after the fact isn't my strong point. I actually think of myself as being rather easy to read, but it comes out in the way I interact with people, not in summary posts. If at the end of the day you still have no idea what I think about anyone, you can go ahead and lynch me if it's really such a matter of concern for you. But whining that I won't have it all out for you by my second post isn't going to help you out, or anyone else.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Raskol wrote:
Hoopla wrote: This theory is also quantified by the way he acted toward my early bandwagon. You'll note he was on edge when my wagon reached 4 and 5 votes. I think a similar thing happened when Peabody reached the same mark, he genuinely felt his Peabody's lynch was inevitable, and had to change his views knowing what Peabody would flip.
Got more, actually.

This doesn't really make any sense. Why would the fact that he responded the same way to a (let's assume) townie wagon as what turned out to be a scum wagon

In other words, you seem to be saying that his thought process was similar both times---but why would he react the same way to a townie wagon as to his partner's wagon?

If he really thought you were going to be lynched, why would he worry about it if he were scum? If he were, he'd know you were town (assuming you are) and would be glad to see you lynched on page 2 or 3 or whatever it was. Why wouldn't he have just watched it from the sidelines and waited for the quicklynch he was sure was inevitable?
I think you misinterpreted how I was using that information. I was saying CoCo felt antsy around L-2 and L-1 situations and seemed as if he genuinely felt there was a good chance of it being a lynch.

His 180 came when Peabody was close to lynch - changing his position completely, effectively binning everything he once thought about Peabody, to now find him suspicious. It looks to me as if he thought his partner was going down, and didn't want to get caught defending him.

I was using the example of my bandwagon at the start of play to illustrate CoCo's jitters around near-lynch scenarios - not to compare reactions.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Raskol wrote:bob, I'd love to see your theory on how that phrase furthers a scum wincon.
I'm more interested in the fact that posts like that actively work against the town's "wincon" (this is a really stupid neologism), which indirectly works towards the scum's "wincon".
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Socrates wrote:Meh, I guess I was still thinking in only terms of CoCo and not his replacement.
So was I, at least for the most part. SC is scummy but he's nowhere
near
CoCo or even le Chat.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by Raskol »

Cyberbob wrote:
Raskol wrote:bob, I'd love to see your theory on how that phrase furthers a scum wincon.
I'm more interested in the fact that posts like that actively work against the town's "wincon" (this is a really stupid neologism), which indirectly works towards the scum's "wincon".
Pointing out irrational, emotional reactions doesn't hurt the town more than voting based on them does, no matter how much you dislike the phrasing.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by Socrates »

Cyberbob wrote:
Socrates wrote:Meh, I guess I was still thinking in only terms of CoCo and not his replacement.
So was I, at least for the most part. SC is scummy but he's nowhere
near
CoCo or even le Chat.
As I said, I am having a hard time evaluating CoCo. I agree the way he acted towards peabody at most points during the day is bad but most of everything else is plausible VI behavior to me, but perhaps your right and I am overvaluing my read on SC.

I agree about Le Chat, thats why I'm voting him.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Socrates »

Raskol, since you seem to need it explicitly asked for you to say it, who is second most likely to be scum to you after DDD?
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Raskol wrote:Pointing out irrational, emotional reactions doesn't hurt the town more than voting based on them does, no matter how much you dislike the phrasing.
If you're going to try and turn this into an actual line of discussion, I will require examples.
Socrates wrote:most of everything else is plausible VI behavior to me
Two things.

- I'm not going to let you get away with making a wishy-washy catchall dismissal of the majority of the play from one of the scummiest players in the game. I want you to rebut each of the dot points in this post with as much detail as you can.
- VI?
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Raskol »

charter wrote:
unvote, vote Raskol

I'm down with this.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by Raskol »

moments before, charter wrote: Ah, ok, I see what you're saying. Yes, hiding behind Coco doesn't seem possible without an obvious breadcrumb.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”