Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

Excellent re: votecount.

YankCane151: why unvote Alduskkel?

Y: As the only person without a vote, who is your top scum suspect? What do you think of the game and the current situation?
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what you heard is not what I meant"
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

YC doesn't have a vote anymore either. Weirdly enough you note that in your post, then promptly ignore it.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

Yeah, solid point, gg me. Probably should have been 'as of the last vote count' or something. Point still stands though damnit.
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what you heard is not what I meant"
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Seems like I've replaced myself.

Dropped my computer on the bricks, but seems to be fine after a run through Fries.

It's 11:23 here right now so I'm going to go to sleep, but I'll post a full list of opinions tomorrow.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:33 am

Post by Zhero »

Y wrote: Zhero: You're accusing foilist and named him as your top suspect when answering my question, yet you're voting 151. Why?
Yeah, my goal was really just to get a better read on him, and it sounds like there's more coming soon.

YankCane, no responses to posts 108 or 120? Why the unvote? A little elaboration would be nice.
-Zhero
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:11 am

Post by YankCane151 »

CthulhuDreams wrote:What do you feel the case is against me?
Deliberately attacking a townie, were I to get lynched.

--------------------

I unvoted because I didn't think Alduskkel was worth a vote anymore.
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:07 am

Post by foilist13 »

YankCane151: Well I've read the entire thread and have come to the conclusion that YankCane151 has posted no content whatsoever accept to maintain an accusation from the RVS until somewhere on page 5 or 6. Normally I'd go post by post, but in this case I see no reason to even bother.

I'm going to put my vote on YankCane151 because I have seen no contribution to the game, but enough activity to remain. Also it is important that we do lynch someone (just came from a game where the town never made up their minds and missed out on day 1).

vote:YankCane151

CthulhuDreams: Answered all my questions well enough. I'm no longer more suspicious of him than anyone else.

VentFire: No content worth considering.

Zhero: No content other than requesting content from other people. Lets see something yeah?

Socrates: Seems pro-town enough. I haven't seen anything yet that I consider to be a scum tell.

purple princess: No content worth consedering.

Alduskkel: Hmm, not sure on this one.

Y: Decent IC, but not as active as I would like.

In all, nothing is happening. So.... yeah
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

if you lynch me, you know who to go after tomorrow.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

How so?
Is anyone else going to vote for YC151? If so, please refrain from hammering immediately.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

imho that is baltant distancing by Foilist.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Why?
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

Stepped up to defend YankCane previously, then switches back to putting the 4th vote on the guy a couple of pages later on the basis of evidence he access to most of when he stepped up to defend the guy.
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

EBWOP: i.e. he says that YankCane only started being a contributor on '5 or 6' and voted him on that basis - but he voted me for attacking him and said there was no reason to vote him on page 4.
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

Thinking about it, I'm probably misrepresenting foilist - he said I didn't present a good reason page 4 and voted me, but if he felt at the time there was a good reason.. eitherway, it's very strange and still feels like distancing to me!
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Y »

Sorry all. I had a couple of crazy weeks with moving to a new apartment, starting college and having some family stuff. The game was almost dead most of the time anyways. Glad to see it's active again.

I have no one as a top target right now, but with an active game I guess I'll have something soon.

I'll get some good sleep and I believe in a couple of days I'll be at my usual game (With a higher level of activity).
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@CthulhuDreams - I never defended anybody. I discounted your case against him and attacked you. The difference is stark.

Also I said he only retracted his accusation on page 5 or 6. He didn't start contributing any more, and still hasn't.

@YankCanes151 - Who are you referring to exactly? If someone is going after you and you're town that doesn't mean they're scum, it means they're either scum or scumhunting town. At this point there really isn't anything to be learned from your being lynched other than a few people to look at.

I don't have any major suspects at this point, but I'd much rather we lynch YankCanes151 than not lynch anyone.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:46 am

Post by hohum »

imkingdavid replaces purple princess effective immediately
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Y »

imkingdavid, I'll be happy to hear your thought about the game.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:58 am

Post by Y »

Once you're up to date, of course.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:57 am

Post by imkingdavid »

hohum wrote:imkingdavid replaces purple princess effective immediately
/confirm. :)
Hey guys, give me a little while to read up on stuff and I'll post my thoughts.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Zhero »

I'm in favor of a YankCane lynch so far.. pointing out that CD will look scummy for driving your lynch isn't really a defense. YC, if Ald isn't worth a vote, who is? If you are lynched, it'll be good to have your opinions. The more info we have to work with, the better.
foilist wrote: I'm going to put my vote on YankCane151 because I have seen no contribution to the game, but enough activity to remain. Also it is important that we do lynch someone (just came from a game where the town never made up their minds and missed out on day 1).
Don't have to worry about that this game, by the rules if there's no majority by deadline the person with the most votes gets lynched. I agree that it's still better to get a majority though.

I'm not sure I see the distancing thing, foilist's early posts were less a defence of VC and more an attack on CD's points.

Looking forward to hearing from you, imkingdavid!
-Zhero
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Socrates »

all right, this time I am really back. Like, fo' reals.

My interpretation of foilist is similar to Cthulu's. His attack of Cthulu earlier could be seen as scum trying to scare a townie off of his buddy's wagon, and when that didn't take and YankCane insisted on not doing much to help himself, he decided to bus.

Of course, that all depends on YankCane flipping scum, which I still like the chances of. He basically OMGUS'ed the people who started his wagon (me and Cthulu) and has not really done much else. Of course, there wasn't much else for him to do what with all the inactives :?

VertFire has been turbo lurking (not that I can say much) and I would like to hear more from him. If he keeps going the way he is I might move my vote.
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

That's pretty much how I saw it, and is indeed totally dependent on yankcane flipping scum which is why I haven't moved my vote or anything.

I find ventfire's lurking much more questionable because all he does is say that he's going to read the thread properly next time and hasn't seen anything suspicious. And then
never does
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

If I were to be lynched, my main targets would be CD, foilist, and Vertfire(only for lurking)
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Lurking? I certainly have not been lurking. I broke my computer and asked for a replacement, but the mod didn't get around to getting on until I fixed my computer, and invited me back. There is no lack of content from me.

As far as my defending of YankCane151, I'm an SE and was simply putting forth information about the game. Simply being illogical or using faulty logic doesn't indicate scum strongly at all. It could be argued that a scum player is less inclined to read the thread carefully and is more likely to make mistakes, but in my experience with newbie games this hold true for town players as well.

Can we put to rest me defending YankCane151 now? I think it is clear that my post was a) advice on the game in general, and lead into b) an attack on CthulhuDreams.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”