MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia (SSK's Subgame): Game OVER!

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Starbuck »

Here are my thoughts...

From Shotty's 824....

Shotty to the Body wrote:If you look at the players in this game so far we have
Me: Squee, Goblin Nabob (Weatherlight Crew)
Qwints: Eldamari, Lord of Leaves (Leader of Elven Resistance against Volrath)
Starbuck: Orim, Samite Healer (Weatherlight Crew)
Whoot: Crovax the Cursed (Weatherlight Crew)
Zakeri: Clergy En-Vec (Member of the Vec tribe
against
Volrath, this is signified by En-Vec vs. Il-Vec)
Bogre: Captain Sisay (Weatherlight Crew)
Chamber: Vhati Il-Dal
(Member of the Dal tribe
allied with
Volrath, see above)
Head_Honcho: Hanna, Ship's Navigator (Weatherlight Crew)
Boxman: Ertai, Wizard Adept (Weatherlight Crew)
Zwetschenwasser: Cho-Manno (Spiritual leader from the forest in Mercadia, fell in love with Orim)

Percy: Metallic Sliver (Creation of Volrath to infiltrate the Slivers) Mafia A
Chenhsi: Acidic Sliver (Sliver) Mafia B

First, I want to point out the connection that Shotty points out between my claim as Orim and Zwet's Cho-Manno. I almost think he helped me here without realizing it. Now, I didn't read any of the back story before, but I would like to link you all to this article. That article links my claim to Hanna (HH's flip) and to Cho-Manno (Zwet's flip). I would think that this alone would prove me, along with me catching chenhsi. Although, I can understand where I can still be seen as not close to confirmed.

Second, Everyone that has flipped town has been human or elf (typically the good side in a fantasy style story of war), but they have also been able to help in some way (just read the text of the cards here. Also, with the fact of HH flipping as a multicolored card, that pretty much semi-clears Bogre for me.

From Mercadian Masques:
Zwet: Bulletproof Townie

From Tempest:
Qwints: Townie Weak Slider Doctor

Starbuck: BulletProof Townie

Zakeri:

From Invasion:
Bogre:

Head Honcho: Planestethered Townie

From Exodus
Boxman: Townie FBI Agent

From Stonghold:
Whoot: Townie Miller

After all of that, here's Shotty's claim:

It does not fit in with the theme at all. I started googling about Squee and I came across this article article on the official Magic site, and a few things popped out at me.

"Market research had shown that Squee was the most popular member of the Weatherlight crew. But he was simply comic relief whose biggest joke seemed to be that he just wouldn’t die despite how many stupid things he did."

"He was a coward. And he was as dumb as a brick. Not the most evocative of profiles. I was about to give up hope when I stumbled upon the key to his character. He just wouldn’t die. (This theme was later picked up in the Magic novels where the audience learned that Squee was quite literally immortal.) Even a small creature can prove deadly if your opponent has no way to permanently rid you of the card."

Also in this article, states that he accidentally killed Ertai (Boxman's role), and more or less betrayed the Weatherlight crew.

The vote here is easy. The last scum is....

Vote: Shotty
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Starbuck »

EDBWOP: Instead of "It does not fit in with the theme at all", I meant that his claim doesn't fit with being a townie.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Starbuck »

Shotty to the Body wrote:Shrug, not sure what to say here. If Zak is scum he'll probably kill HH since Star seems to be voicing some doubts about me. In case I die I would like to mention the possibility that Star could be a NK-Immune SK fake-claiming BP. Not really much else to do until night ends.
Also, this bothers me. He lays out the blame on Zak, which more or less cleared Zak in my eyes.

The fact that HH died last night and not anyone else shows me that Shotty slipped here.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by Bogre »

How about the fact that only Zakeri doesn't have a named role? The rest of us are weatherlight crew- He's just a cleric?

That doesn't seem right to me.

And Squee, from what I remember, wouldn't necessarily be evil, would he?
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Squee was an important character in the books and story, he was always there just because he was a goblin doesn't mean he doesn't fit in with Weatherlight, that's a sad reason to vote. You fail at lore too since Ertai eventually becomes corrupted and joins Volrath and after that Squee kills him, so he doesn't betray Weatherlight period. Thanks for playing, I'm pretty sure your town however, so this is a disappointing lapse from you.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:45 pm

Ertai's Salvation Page, Last Paragraph wrote:Ertai accompanied Predator into battle with Weatherlight, where he captured Gerrard (and, accidentally, Squee) and teleported them into the Stronghold. After Squee was given the ability to resurrect, Ertai delighted in killing him over and over again, until finally Squee, quite by accident, overloaded the Phyrexian healing device he was using, killing him in the explosion.
Squee was the loyal idiot of the crew, he makes ZERO sense as scum.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:49 pm

Starbuck wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:Shrug, not sure what to say here. If Zak is scum he'll probably kill HH since Star seems to be voicing some doubts about me. In case I die I would like to mention the possibility that Star could be a NK-Immune SK fake-claiming BP. Not really much else to do until night ends.
Also, this bothers me. He lays out the blame on Zak, which more or less cleared Zak in my eyes.

The fact that HH died last night and not anyone else shows me that Shotty slipped here.
How does this work? We knew there would only be one death and me saying that
almost
locked it in as a kill. How did I slip, pray-tell?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Every claim has fit the story except for scums, Chenhsi tried to copy yours, chamber's was an enemy of Weatherlight, and Zak's is a non-legendary, every single pro-towner in this sub-game has been a legendary involved with Weatherlight against Volrath. The last scum IS Zak, honestly read the ISOs instead of making some crap flavor claim as your case. I'm a replacement I have 5 pages, Zak has a total of 3 pages, as an example Star you have 7 as another player from the beginning, he's lurked given every opportunity long after his PR was expired according to him (he protected Star N1 just by trusting Slicey), as far as I know this game wasn't a bastard game and he claimed the mod lied to him about his role (AKA he was told he was a doctor when he was actually 1-shot).

Vote Zak
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by Zakeri »

as far as I know this game wasn't a bastard game and he claimed the mod lied to him about his role (AKA he was told he was a doctor when he was actually 1-shot).
The Mod never lied to me about my role. He was just unclear and I misunderstood it.
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Unvote

Shotty, you have a point. I was working on that super late last night and I don't know why I didn't catch that fact. According to this article, under functional reprints Zakeri's claim is a functional reprint of Samite Healer, which is not a named role. Like I'm Orim, Samite Healer, and he's just a whatever low brow Samite Healer. And as you have said is a non-legendary, where the rest of us are legendaries.

Going back to read him in iso...
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Post by Zakeri »

I'm still certain it has to be Bogre. I can't really make an excuse for my activity, and how am I suppose to defend attacks based on the role I was given? Especially given that there's a non-legendary in FL's game.

I know by now we're asking a little too much to just play the set up like this.
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Now going back to read him in iso,
Zak wrote:I play a lot of mafia games that are themed in such a way that knowing a person's flavor name is practically an alignment detection in itself, usually with so few possible claims to make that it would be too easy to break the game on a day one massclaim. I sort of feel Safeclaims are a mandatory part of the game because of this, and since this game appears to be structured similarly. I felt it was weird for someone to ask why third parties got safeclaims.

And No, I don't have a safe claim.
He seems to go out of his way here to state that he doesn't have a safe claim.

Zak's talk about the scum/scum teams

Zak wrote:@Boxman 72: I think it's more of a scumtell to try and focus on the other games, since I think it's unlikely that there would be scumteams split across parallel universes right out of the starting gate.
Definitely seems like Zak was trying to motivate others to NOT focus on other games, if I had not been following along with the other games, I would NOT have caught chenhsi using my role info and helped that town get a win.
Zak wrote:Okay, considering the flip was of scum, I'm retracting everything I said yesterday about thinking there's only one scum team per game. This basically throws out everything I had against Chenshi and a few others yesterday.
Zak wrote: This means there has to be two factions in each game, one of which is most likely town. It Kairyuu's right, and they're pulling scum from other games to outnumber the town, Then that would mean that there's likely only a single Mafia Scum group. Also, wouldn't that leave one scum alone to fend for himself in one game while town wins the other if they bum rushed just one game that way?
Still trying to lead us down the wrong path.

Zak wrote:So we have a Time Spiral Mafia, and a Tempest Mafia A.

Does this mean we have a Tempest Mafia B as well?
This is well before anyone flips from Maf B.
Zak wrote:Really? I thought it still fit in with the context of the nightkills. We know there's a Tempest Mafia A And a Tempest Mafia B thanks to Chenhsi's flip and what Tar said Percy's flip was, and there was two nightkills last night that both seem scum aligned. There's also no claimed vig apparently, so one of the mafia had to kill the other (Percy) while the other's shot missed (which probably landed on Starbuck).
This is after chenhsi's flip. We have quite a few nights with only one kill.

Percy died on Night 1/
No kills on Night 2, both aimed at me?
Then we have 2 kills on Night 3! X and Papa Zito.
HH dies Night 4.

With the fact that there were 2 kills on Night 3 makes me believe that someone was laying low.
Zak wrote:I think it was mentioned in the rules somewhere that a faction can only win if all other factions are dead/ removed from the game, i.e. town can only win if all mafias and serial killers are dead. Different mafia factions (A and B) I would assume also have to kill each other before they can win as a result of this rule. I can't find where it says this though.

Pre-edit: Ah, I found it, rule 21. Although it doesn't really do anything besides imply that the mafias have to kill each other.
Why would Zak go out of his way to mention this?

Zak wrote:I didn't notice Chenhsi claimed the same card Starbuck did. If it weren't for the fact that he seems to have admitted to being scum, I'd be convinced Starbuck was the one fakeclaiming. This makes this a little easier for us.
Didn't notice or didn't care?

Zak wrote:first of all, I think everyone trying to make guesses by which scum is grouped by is just going to lead us in circles, and it has been. There's sufficient argument that it could be based on color or on creature type, but right now it all looks like a debate on religion for how far it's gotten us.
Zak wrote:The fl flip supports the color theory, but doesn't really denounce the creature type theory. All in all, It hasn't changed my mind about Whoot1234's stance as scummy.
We now know that it is based on creature type! Way to divert from the subject!

Zak wrote: site went down as I was making this post last night. grr...

I am Clergy En-vec, One shot doctor.
I Protected Starbuck night one because I Trusted slicey on the Meta Clear of Starbuck way back when after he said it.
Then I found out I only had one protection to give.
Why didn't I notice this before? This is completely WIFOM because Zak knows at this point that I'm a BP and that protecting me wouldn't have mattered either way. It's an easy way out.

Zakeri wrote:My ability states to put a "-1/-1" counter on "This player" and that "This player" would be regenerated for that night. It also warned me that a player with 0 toughness dies.

I figured it meant I was a poisoner/Doctor, in that I could protect anyone, but they would die if I protected them too many times, but on night two when I tried to use my power, I was told that it was a one-shot.
This ability DOES NOT match with your card!

Your card that you claimed says that you prevent damage not that you deal damage!

Also, I definitely think if you were a One-shot Doc that it would say so in your role. The fact that you claim that it didn't doesn't sit well with me.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:01 am

Post by Starbuck »

Bogre, how about a little more from you other than your incessant lurking?
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:13 am

Post by Bogre »

Starbuck: What? I checked the game yesterday, and I'm checking today. Don't accuse me of lurking when I am reading and posting daily.

VOTE: Zakeri

I think the claim doesn't leave room for him to be part of the crew.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Bogre »

Also, putting a -1/-1 counter on a player as you claimed doesn't match your card, or suggest you would be a doctor.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Starbuck »

Vote: Zakeri

Hammer.
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Zakeri »

My role ability makes a lot more sense once you realize I'm actually a 2/2 and assume that the -1/-1 counter goes on myself.

Starbuck really has no reason to vote for anyone besides me in her next post. This game is just dragging out now and it's inevitable so, yeah.
cut: Ignore this part.

Be honest, Shotty, would you have voted Bogre if I had come up with an unused weatherlight crew member and claimed Vanilla instead?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Starbuck »

Zakeri wrote:My role ability makes a lot more sense once you realize I'm actually a 2/2 and assume that the -1/-1 counter goes on myself.

Starbuck really has no reason to vote for anyone besides me in her next post. This game is just dragging out now and it's inevitable so, yeah.
cut: Ignore this part.

Be honest, Shotty, would you have voted Bogre if I had come up with an unused weatherlight crew member and claimed Vanilla instead?
How could we assume that you were a 2/2 when the card YOU CLAIMED is a 1/1?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'Death couldn't contain the slivers. What made us think we could?'
—Riptide Project researcher" - flavor text of Crypt Sliver

As far as I can tell, that's lynch and the game is over. MafiaSSK needs to double-check, however... so you can learn exactly *which* faction won when he gets here. - Tar

The Nth Vote Count (aka the "Rotten Tomatoes" Vote Count)

13) Shotty to the Body (rep. Sideney) (0) -
15) Starbuck (0) -
18) Zakeri (3) - Shotty To The Body, Bogre, Starbuck
20) Bogre (rep. Slicey who rep. semioldguy) (1) - Zakeri
Not Voting (0):

Votes to lynch: 3

Current Deadline:
Shouldn't matter now
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Bogre »

Oh, I'm quaking in my boots! Did we pin the right guy?

Was Starbuck leading an elaborate ruse? Was Shotty playing cleverly?

OH THE SUSPENSE
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

that's too bad, but good on you if it happens to be right. I was pretty sure starbuck was the last scum.
Immoral Acts: 0
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

p.s. should have no lynched : P
Immoral Acts: 0
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Head_Honcho wrote:that's too bad, but good on you if it happens to be right. I was pretty sure starbuck was the last scum.
I'm definitely not. You and I were just two townies duking it out.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Zakeri, Tempest Mafia B Hider, Metallic Sliver
has been lynched. This means that
TOWN WINS!
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

I'll reveal roles and stuff tomorrow after I don't have an epic headache.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”