...should I be here?

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Faraday »

Kikuchiyo (1) [Gyro]
Darkstrike_11 (3) (JereIC, Malpascp,kikuchiyo ]
U.N. Owen (2)[Crypto, Ectomancer]
walrus helmet (1) [Me.Jester]

Not voting: (5) [afatchic, Darkstrike_11, U.N. Owen , Walrus Helmet, Netapolis]
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:58 am

Post by JereIC »

1. Six since I came back to the site this year. Maybe 20 from 2003 to 2005.
2. Town. I suck as mafia.
3. I really enjoy playing docs when I have the chance.
4. It seems that he's seeking a wagon on anybody at this point, and UN is the most recent target. In the past, I was concerned about this behavior, but recently have seen these random wagons actually produce results. So, I think he's employing a successful, pro-town strategy.
Darkstrike_11 wrote:
Crypto wrote:
Darkstrike wrote:Ahh I didn’t see that as a joke. I haven’t played with crypto before, so I didn’t recognise this!
Darkstrike wrote:4. I didn't really like it, it seemed cold and sudden, without reasoning.
So you change your mind and say I was joking (I wasn't, by the way), but then pin "cold," "sudden," and "without reasoning" on me?
I thought it was cold sudden and without reasoning, hence I wrote "seemed". However other people told me it was a joke, so I henceforth took it to be so. My answer to question 4 was my own view of the comment, not others view.
Why would believe other people who say he's joking? For all you know, they're his scum buddies trying to cover for him.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I stand corrected. I dont object to the style when it has substance, but if lacking substance is the style, then indeed I object on that basis.
Darkstrike_11 wrote:Your second criticism is completely untrue. I knew when I wrote my first post that people would ask for a random vote, I knew that they would ask for an alternative method when I refused. I'm not wasting space, but telling the truth.
Riiight. You wrote "Hi everyone" with the nefarious designs of having someone ask you why you didn't random vote and that was the mastermindful plot to kick off this game without an RVS.

*psycho note to self - Darkstrike will twist events or invent motives in order to make himself appear in the best light possible. Not scummy, but a personality quirk he is unlikely to be broken of.

Thanks crypto, I think that gives me an objective viewpoint to frame his comment in. My thought was pro-town, but you have me deciding that objectively, it is just as likely neutral.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Netopalis »

Ahem? "Blindingly suspicious" to not want to lynch somebody because they sound pompous or their writing style is a bit weird? I think that's a bit overstating your case, Ectomancer. If U N Owen gives us more to work with to claim he is scum, I'll be right there with you voting for him - I just think that this is an incredibly weak case that I would feel ashamed to support.

That being said, I should probably note that I'm a law student. I tend not to accuse someone of being scummy unless I have a pretty good reason for it. Gut and posting style don't do that for me - failures of logic, bad arguments and distracting comments do.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Netopalis wrote:Ahem? "Blindingly suspicious" to not want to lynch somebody because they sound pompous or their writing style is a bit weird? I think that's a bit overstating your case, Ectomancer. If U N Owen gives us more to work with to claim he is scum, I'll be right there with you voting for him - I just think that this is an incredibly weak case that I would feel ashamed to support.

That being said, I should probably note that I'm a law student. I tend not to accuse someone of being scummy unless I have a pretty good reason for it. Gut and posting style don't do that for me - failures of logic, bad arguments and distracting comments do.
Hi, being a law student you should know to ascribe phrases you quote to their appropriate speaker. "Blindingly suspicious" is not a phrase from Ectomancer, and in fact where you are concerned, the statement that
can
be ascribed to Ectomancer has the complete opposite assessment.

You can't edit your post, but you can retract it and try again.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Ecto, you're right, I apologize - I meant to say Crypto. I also agree that if Owen doesn't post content he should be lynched - the usual tells still apply.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by crypto »

Unvote. Vote: malpascp.
Mr.Jester
Mr.Jester
Townie
Mr.Jester
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Mr.Jester »

1. First one on this site.
2.I like being town, investigation is fun
3. In standard power roles probably cop or vig, but I like themed roles more, aka inventor, etc.
4. Wagon on Owen is reasonable. Being in character doesn't give you license to act scummy.
Netopalis wrote:For the record, I think it's a really bad idea to lynch U N Owen just because he talks funny. That may just be the worst reason for a lynch I've heard.
The case isn't that he talks funny but rather he says things that are very scummy.
crypto wrote:
Unvote. Vote: malpascp.
What?

Why did you get off your Owen and switch without giving any justification?
Mr.Jester
Mr.Jester
Townie
Mr.Jester
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Mr.Jester »

Correction: Why did you get off your Owen wagon and switch without giving any justification?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by crypto »

Because I'm mafia
trying
to look scummy with an unexplained vote switch.

Or, because [reason reserved].
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Netopalis »

You are all very silly people.

Jester: I understand what you're saying, but I feel that he's playing a character...thus being a null tell. We could get into a WIFOM argument over whether scum would be so blatant or not, but I think we need to reserve our opinions until we hear more from him.

afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by afatchic »

Hey everyone! I'm the new Guy0 or something like that.

@DarkStrike: Is this like your second account or something? I feel like i played with you about a year ago, but your join date says differently.

@Mr.Jester- Can you please elaborate on the case against U.N. Owen in your last post. And also, if you are defending the wagon against him, why are you not on it?
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Gyro
Gyro
Townie
Gyro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by Gyro »

Darkstrike_11's play is quite puzzling to me. Although maybe its the fact that it's almost 3 in the morning and I've been skimming for the most part but yeah my cat seems upset with me. /irrelevant

I was never a fan of the RVS, especially as innocent considering the mafia (trash) can easily sway the town into voting a certain way. Mostly when the town are complete retards, which is usually the case from where I've played in the past. But that's my own fault for being a member of a incest forum. (potential joke)

It's why I voted the original person I did, don't recall the name but I believe she was pro-random voting. I knew it was a she. :oops:

But even though I was never a fan and it's always gives the mafia the upper hand you really wouldn't rather not voting at would you? Considering the fact that you're seeming ignoring any type of voting at all and asking random questions, gonna answer those by the way. Best not try to be stalling for 2 whole weeks sunshine.

unvote

yeah, gonna hold back a bit and check things out from a distance before I start dry humping anyone here with accusation.

Darkstrike_11 wrote:1. How many games of mafia have you played?
2. Do you prefer Mafia or Town roles?
3. What is your favourite power role to have?
4. What is your opinion on crypto’s call for a wagon this early in the game?

1) This is my first game on the site, so you might want to excuse my potential moronic statements I might made as this is a bit different then what I'm accustomed to.

2) Mafia just because I like to discuss and plan. I feel like such a loner when I'm town.

3) Something that keeps me immune from nk's. Makes me scum hunt twice as effectively.

4) It's a bold think to do, don't know if he should be praised or thrown in a ditch.

also ; favorite color is black and a cool shade of Grey. Although black isn't even a color I don't think but if you disagree then you can go fuck yourself.
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:53 am

Post by JereIC »

Welcome AFC!
crypto wrote:Because I'm mafia
trying

Are you hoping to get somebody to join the malpascp wagon? If so, quit being cutesy and give a reason for people to vote him. If not, why are you voting him?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:23 am

Post by Netopalis »

Unvote, vote:Crypto

His erratic play bothers me.....

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:12 am

Post by Ectomancer »

crypto wrote:Because I'm mafia
trying

So would you characterize your action as moving away from Owen, or moving towards Malpascp?

malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:42 am

Post by malpascp »

unvote Vote:Crypto

Please justify your vote Crypto
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:01 am

Post by afatchic »

malpascp wrote:
unvote Vote:Crypto

Please justify your vote Crypto
Nice, just vote him right back. I think his vote is justified to the fact that you have posted 1 time in the game up until now.

And since when has anyone ever had to justify a vote placed in the RVS?
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:02 am

Post by afatchic »

JereIC wrote:Welcome AFC!
HI!!

Oh and
Vote Malpascp
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Netopalis »

You don't have to justify a vote during the RVS
unless you imply that there is a serious reason for your vote.
Or if you're just hopping on a bandwagon. Which you are doing.

afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:51 am

Post by afatchic »

Netopalis wrote:You don't have to justify a vote during the RVS
How is mine any differnt than his? I am voting him for a terrible reason for jumping on a bandwagon, and then you are accusing me of doing the same. So why are you atcking me and defending him?

Also, thanks for answering the questions for him. I didn't actually ask him questions with the intention of him answering.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:56 am

Post by malpascp »

Crypto unvoted to vote for me
Why is this vote more random than the previous one?
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:04 am

Post by afatchic »

I usually vote/ unvote/ revote 3-4 times during the first few pages. Unfortunantely, I missed that part of the game. What exactly is the problem with changng your vote on the top of page three?
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Netopalis wrote:You don't have to justify a vote during the RVS
Alright, now this is where I get irritated.

There is no Random Vote Stage in mafia
. There may be a portion near the beginning where people random vote to get things started, but there certainly isn't a Stage as if it were the same as Day or Night which indeed are Stages of the game.
We are long past the portion of the game where we need to do something otherwise entirely useless in order to get the game to progress, and if you want to argue about some theoretical line where he could be randomly voting, that time was
over
when he cast his first vote. "Random" certainly doesn't apply when a player makes a deliberate decision to remove their vote from one player and place it on another.

I'm going to
unvote, vote Netopalis
for obstruction. Had he a true objection, perhaps not, but by post 69 of the game, using rvs as a weapon of defense of another player looks like he wanted to object and had to reach back to find anything he could use. I'm not suggesting buddying here either, just an attempt at creating divisions.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Ectomancer »

unvote

Sorry, I missed that the initial rvs defense was by afatchic, who in the same post both offers a lurker offense as motivation and then says in rvs you don't need to justify anything.
Since he just got here and apparently is an RVS baby (but I didnt get my chance to RVS! Waaaa!) I'm not going to vote him over it, though he does get the rare igmeoy because he did indeed offer defense of Crypto

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”