crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by crypto »

Netopalis wrote:That's a bit hasty, don't you think? Not that I disagree - Malpa is an excellent play today, but shouldn't we hear what he has to say first, no matter how incomprehensible?
Hopefully the vote will serve as motivation. I'm playing with him in another game. He lurks obscenely. Pressure's the only route I can think of. If it turns into a lynch, though, I can't say I'll be sorry.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Netopalis »

In that case, fair enough...I can certainly understand voting and unvoting as a prod to do or not do a certain action.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

This is a forum. It doesnt matter what time it is or what tmie zone you are in. Appeal to emotions isn't going to work here. Bone up or replace out.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Crypto if what I just read is true I finally got the answer to the first question I asked. Is it because of a mess I left when you replaced me? You won!
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Ectomancer wrote:Crypto if what I just read is true I finally got the answer to the first question I asked. Is it because of a mess I left when you replaced me? You won!

Uh....ongoing games rule much? He never said that he had actually lynched Malpa in the other game.
Symbol
Symbol
Goon
Symbol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Symbol »

What the deuce are you talking about, Ecto?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by crypto »

*sigh* I have failed for the umpteenth time. The above post is my alt's, in case anyone didn't get the fricking memo. Now, what are you saying, Ecto?
Mr.Jester
Mr.Jester
Townie
Mr.Jester
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Mr.Jester »

Raskol wrote:
Mr.Jester wrote:
Raskol wrote:
vote: Mr. Jester
Where is your argument that I am scum?
Why, I'm ever so glad you asked!

1. The bit with U.N. Owen doesn't make any sense. You made a case on him but you stuck with your random vote and chose to FOS him instead---then when questioned about it you said he hadn't "convinced you he was scum" yet. But he'd convinced you more than your random vote, on whom you had no case at all, had.

2. You've been pushing on lurkers but haven't been contributing much of anything yourself. Seems like an easy way out for scum.
Well I kind of forgot to unvote, and as soon as someone pointed it out I unvoted, so there's no real argument on this. You should also realize that becuase someone behavies in a dubious way once, doesn't automatically make them scum. If it did, all of us would be scum all the time as we all make mistakes during the game.

My FoS is to point out said dubious behaviour and question motives behind it. You find it scummy that I found his case to be worthy of an FoS but not a vote? Well clearly there are degrees of persuasion. It isn't as if you are either convinced that someone is town or someone is scum all the time. This isn't boolean logic that we are dealing with. There exist actions or premises that contribute to an argument that someone is scum. Sometimes, one act is not enough to conclude that someone is scum.

For example, consider the following argument.
It is 7:00 am and the sky is dark
Therefore, it is winter.

This is not at all a reasonable argument because maybe you live in a geographic location that has late sunrises. More support is needed toward the conclusion. A more reasonable argument is,
It is 7.00.....
It is freezing temperatures,
THerefore, its probably winter.

And note that both of these arguments are better than the statement "It is winter". So clearly there are degrees of cogency of arguments. To determine that someone scum and to vote for them, you need a strong cogent argument that, that person is scum. As I said before, there is not such an argument, there is only a semi persuasive one on Owen.

Mod: Where is Owen? He hasn't posted in 6 days.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Owen was replaced by xvart.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Mr.Jester
Mr.Jester
Townie
Mr.Jester
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Mr.Jester »

Woops. isn't my face red.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

crypto wrote:*sigh* I have failed for the umpteenth time. The above post is my alt's, in case anyone didn't get the fricking memo. Now, what are you saying, Ecto?
I wanted to know why you had been waiting to vote me when we were in rvs. I'm guessing now its because you replaced me in Tarhalindur. You had never really answered that question.

Anyhow if so, sorry!

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by crypto »

I think you have me mixed up with someone else. I've never replaced you. :P You've been on my policy random vote for some time now (I think since being one of the people who replied to a thread I had in MD).

Anywho.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Jester: In your opinion, who is the best play today? Gyro or Malpa?

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:50 pm

Post by Raskol »

Jester, even a semi-persuasive argument on Owen is better than the non-existent argument on walrus you had at the time. I'm obviously not claiming you were absolutely sure Owen was scum, so spare the logic lessons.

But you chose to keep your vote on walrus and limit yourself to a FOS on someone you found scummier. That doesn't fit for town.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:16 pm

Post by Faraday »

Sorry for the lack of a vote-count, my internet went out.

Doing one now

------------------

Raskol (1) (kikuchiyo]
Malpascp (1) [afatchic]
crypto (1) [ Malpascp]
Netapolis (1) [Gyro]
Mr.Jester (1) [Raskol]
Gyro (3) [Xvart, Netapolis. JereIC]
Malpascp (1) [ Crypto]

Not voting: (3) [Walrus Helmet, Mr. Jester,Ectomancer]

Gonna check this cos I think there's a few errors, lemme see :?

Afatchic has been prodded.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:09 am

Post by crypto »

Ecto, you should start grilling one of us. You seem to be doing a lot of speaky without much condemning.
Gyro
Gyro
Townie
Gyro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Gyro »

Not much going on by the looks of it. Currently have the majority vote but unfortunately, I wish I knew why but whatever can't argue with the stubbornly incompetent.

agreed with Crypto's last post.
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Netopalis »

An accurate summation of the events of the game since your last post. Why don't you tell us what you think about it? Some analysis? Something beyond what anybody who read the thread could have told us?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I don't see why Ecto is automatically the one who should be wielding the spatula and fork. I'd prefer to chew on somebody else's fixings for a change. My last stint at grilling came out dry and tough to swallow.

Gyro
Gyro
Townie
Gyro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Gyro »

Netopalis wrote:An accurate summation of the events of the game since your last post. Why don't you tell us what you think about it? Some analysis? Something beyond what anybody who read the thread could have told us?
But sir, that's what you said was scummy about me in the first place!!! :!:
Gyro
Gyro
Townie
Gyro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Gyro »

Anyway, I read xvart rebuttal to my previous post and I don't believe I can say much to counter it. Accept possibly he's mislead with a unintentional scummy play I may appear to be playing by.

I'm not intentionally trying to misdirect what you're saying but honestly you're looking too deep into that first post I made. You have misinterpreted what I said completely, so did Netopalis. I didn't imply I was going to lurk and me not visiting the site a few days later wasn't relevant to that post but just me forgetting about the site for a while. Considering both of you have made mistakes and redeemed yourselves on what you've said hopefully you can see where I'm coming from with this really poorly worded first post.

Going to directly come out and say malpascp is playing quite stupidly. Considering a vote shift over to him.

Netopalis, I don't think you should be agitated by me posting something somewhat obvious.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Netopalis »

It's called information without analysis - it doesn't help town and it helps scum continue in the game without actually saying anything of import. Considering your lurkish history, it's definitely something to watch for.

Also: Opportunistic much with Malpa?

Gyro
Gyro
Townie
Gyro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Gyro »

meh, all unintentional play, learning from my mistakes though. etc..
Gyro
Gyro
Townie
Gyro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Gyro »

Yes, clearly very opportunistic. :roll:
walrus helmet
walrus helmet
Goon
walrus helmet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by walrus helmet »

Netopalis wrote:Also: Opportunistic much with Malpa?
What do you mean by this?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”