PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:52 am

Post by PhaerieM »

archaebob wrote: A second reason is, if I can be totally truthful, I'm not exactly confident about my prospects of surviving the night. I'm therefore expressing everything that I've noticed about everyone, rather than holding on to it for Day 2.
Archaebob, why are you not confident about your chance of surviving the night? Don't scum generally go for players that are pretty well-confirmed town, or at least players with not very much suspicion on them?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:04 am

Post by SpyreX »

Been a busy couple days, sorry for the absence.

As for my thoughts, so for nothing has dissuaded me from thinking that GM is scum and if that is true foil is my pick for a partner.

Peanut, once active, gives me decent vibes.

I'm sad to see a muffin replacement - again, muffin had that down to town feel.

As much as I'm cool with lurker hunting I think we're missing the trees for the forest - I am voting for lynch.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:07 am

Post by archaebob »

@ PharieM -

A few players on here DO think I'm pretty well-confirmed town, and most of the other players haven't at all indicated that they seriously suspect me yet. Of the players actually on my wagon, my hunch is that at least one or two of them are scum. And would I guess that the scum players aren't thrilled with my play-style in general, because my whole MO is to make it difficult for them to slink around.

Obviously, this is all just conjecture, and I'm not actually saying that I think I will die tonight. Hell, the fact that I've even said all this is probably going to make them go with somebody else, just to screw around with everyone. But from my perspective, I think it is in my interest to make sure that I say everything I would want to say NOW, rather than later.

Do you have any thoughts on the game so far?
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:08 am

Post by archaebob »

@ Spyrex -

What do you think of my case against peanut?
"Just asking, jeez..."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:13 am

Post by SpyreX »

This'll be a fun one.

I
your case on peanut. I like the methodology and the things you've brought up are surface-level scummy.

However, I don't think its caught a scum. Maybe I need a reread to give a better explanation why but the earlier posts by peanut didn't have that itchy feeling I get from both GM and foil.

Now, the biggest thing I will take issue with (in agreement with you) in that whole case that you brought up is the bizarre interaction with "I don't want to lynch foil today" versus "bob is a great lynch".

That doesn't add up. Not one bit.
Show

Proud member of BaM
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:18 am

Post by archaebob »

@ Spyrex -

Yeah, when you can, I would like a more in depth explanation of why you don't get the vibes from him. The way he responds, and the things he writes in his posts are all majorly setting off my gut scum-dar.

Who's your third pick for scum, after foil or GM, if it's not peanut?

@ Sanjay -

What do you think about this? And you didn't respond to my question.
"Just asking, jeez..."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:50 am

Post by SpyreX »

Let me be a bit more clear before I embark on this:

Individually
, I don't find Peanut to be that scummy. However, I see ties to both GM AND Foil.

So, if I am right and GM is scum AND foil is scum then, yea, peanut makes the most sense.

If I am wrong about GM/Foil then I wouldn't find peanut as scummy. Most of it is circumstantial thus far.

But, if you want me to go dig I will.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Benmage »

Vote Count:
AlmasterGM (4) MordyS, Gammagooey, SpyreX, foilist13
foilist13 (2) lexprod, cruelty
archaebob (2) peanutman, AlmasterGM
peanutman (1) archaebob

Note Voting (3) Sanjay, Muffin, PhaerieM

Lookin for Muffin replacement, sigh
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:07 am

Post by PhaerieM »

I'm not very far in my reading yet (I ended up not having to go out, but I'm doing things around the house <and watching my redskins play abysmally bad :x > in between reading up, so it's probably going to take me awhile), but so far:
foilist13 wrote:Hello hello.

What Almaster says about MordyS actually holds water. It makes sense, to me at least, for a town player to research a player they're suspicious of, but to go and look up everyone or even random people at the very beginning?

Vote:MordyS

Hello Archaebob and Muffin :)
I'm pretty sure foilist is scum. This post was obviously one of someone who came in and starting reading on page 2 (or 3, was it? I think it was 2, though, whatever page he posted this), and just assumed MordyS was the one who Almaster was jumping on because Mordy was the one defending the position of reading through games before you play on that page. He didn't take the time to go back and see the original argument to know who Almaster was jumping on, and he didn't get the fact that gamma wasn't specifically reading up on Almaster or anyone else, but simply remembered Almaster's avatar from a game he did read.

Town would not just pick up reading their game on page 2 & jump into an argument that they didn't even see the start of. I think this was lazy scumwork. See an argument, pick a side, and jump on the person you see as the weakest (and it's even lazier than that, because he erroneously picked a person who wasn't even in the original argument to begin with!), rather than start at the beginning to try and get real reads on people.

This post tells me this is someone who already knows who is scum & who's town (otherwise he'd be scumhunting starting on page 1) and is just looking for an already established argument to jump into.

Now of course, this is really early on in my reading, so I'll see how I feel after I'm done, and see how good my initial instincts are lol.

The only problem with this is that I'm getting a light scum-read on Almaster, too. Would foilist be so obvious as to stand up for such a bad argument from his scumbuddy, and right out of the gate?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Sanjay »

Oh, sorry archaebob.

I meant to declare that I was actively ignoring your question until foilist13 addresses mine.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Benmage »

SocioPath replaces Muffin ....please no more replacements
:P
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:19 am

Post by SocioPath »

Just a note, I tend to fully read games before making any posts (regarding content) so you'll have to sit tight while I go for a read.
Although, it shouldn't take as long as most, as I'm already several pages in.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:47 am

Post by foilist13 »

@Sanjay - No. I said I'd go more into depth, but when I went to make the post I realized that I really didn't have much of anything to post other than that I really wasn't thinking about it and the reasons I already posted still held true as weak as they are.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:28 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

This game is too complicated. I might go back and re-read, but this thread is more muddled than the original text of Beowulf, so I'm just going to wait for a wagon to formulate and then decide whether I like it or not.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:55 am

Post by peanutman »

AGM-413 wrote:This game is too complicated. I might go back and re-read, but this thread is more muddled than the original text of Beowulf, so I'm just going to wait for a wagon to formulate and then decide whether I like it or not.
Wow, this is in no way helpful to the town. I can understand people being too busy to re-read at times or build a case. But to say you won't because the thread is "muddled", that's beyond me. Whether town or scum, I wouldn't want you around if you're just going to be swayed by the town one way or another without doing any of the leg work.

Unvote, vote : AlmasterGM
. AGM now at L-2.

Looks like the wagon is on you. Time for you to decide whether you like it or not?
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by archaebob »

@ AGM -

I don't know what you mean when you say this thread is muddled. But I'm going to assume that you are dropping your case against me unless you say otherwise, and have nothing to say about the wagon which already HAS formulated on you. Just deciding that catching up on this game is not worth your time seems like a very convenient dodge, and I suspect that it will guarantee your lynch today if you persist with this idea.

@ peanuman -

I unvoted because I trusted you to respond to me as any honorable sort of dude would, without my needing to threaten you with votes. It's only been one day, so I'm not begrudging you yet, but just keep that in mind.
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by archaebob »

lol ninja'd

nevermind peanut
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Almaster, if my vote wasn't already on you I'd vote you again. That last comment was ridiculous. Go get a replacement if you don't want to play.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Sanjay »

foilist13 wrote:@Sanjay - No. I said I'd go more into depth, but when I went to make the post I realized that I really didn't have much of anything to post other than that I really wasn't thinking about it and the reasons I already posted still held true as weak as they are.
When did you say you would go into more depth?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by SpyreX »

On this page we see some major bussing.
Peanut wrote:Wow, this is in no way helpful to the town. I can understand people being too busy to re-read at times or build a case. But to say you won't because the thread is "muddled", that's beyond me. Whether town or scum, I wouldn't want you around if you're just
going to be swayed by the town
one way or another without doing any of the leg work.
Hmmmmmm
Show

Proud member of BaM
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Sanjay - You quoted mee. Perhaps you should read my posts before you ask questions about them.

@SpyreX - Can you tell us who your suspects are in order? I assume your top one is Almaster based on your vote, but who else has raised your suspicions?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Mod - The vote count is incorrect. Archaebob unvoted
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by cruelty »

foilist13 wrote:
@SpyreX - Can you tell us who your suspects are in order? I assume your top one is Almaster based on your vote, but who else has raised your suspicions?
Goddamn.

Super re-vote @ foilist.

In order too. Why not just ask for a comprehensive scumlist?
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by cruelty »

AlmasterGM wrote: I'm just going to wait for a wagon to formulate and then decide whether I like it or not.
Haha. Massive FOS @ AGM.

I don't understand why you'd say that, it's almost like you want to be lynched.
the nexus of the crisis
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

cruelty wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote: I'm just going to wait for a wagon to formulate and then decide whether I like it or not.
Haha. Massive FOS @ AGM.

I don't understand why you'd say that, it's almost like you want to be lynched.
I love when people actually take it seriously and are like OMG U R SO SCUMMY IM VOTING 4 U.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”