Gyro
Townie
Gyro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Gyro »

yes, shame on you indeed xvart.

What pressure? Your vote isn't intimidating me, sorry. Neither of my statements you've quoted are of any worth for voting.

Me thinking he hasn't been on in a while, considering that fact that, ya know he hasn't posted in a while = me being scum with him? explain..

I really don't wanna shoot peoples suspicions on me down since I got some backlash from it last day and me saying I'd change that sort of syle but I can't help myself on pointing out the pointlessness of your reasoning.

Gyro.

Mod edit: VC

foilist13 (1) [Raskol]
Gyro (1) [xvart]
xvart (1) [crypto]

Not voting: (7) [Malpascp, foilist13, Gyro, walrus helmet, JereIC, Netapolis, Kikuchiyo]
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
Gyro
Gyro
Townie
Gyro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Gyro »

xvart (1) [Ectomancer]
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Raskol wrote:He just explained that. O_o
No actually.
Gyro wrote:No, not at all. I wouldn't be stupid enough to make that type of giveaway post had I actually had any knowledge.

Just the fact that I haven't seen that guy post in forever, I drew the conclusion that perhaps he didn't even send in a role/confirmed not GF etc..

But then I saw the post on the past page and that's where I raged. : /
Where in here does he list any reasons? Reason to believe means you have a finite
reason.
Whoops, thought I saw something does not explain it.
Gyro wrote:I have reason to believe the guy hasn't been on in a while.
You said you've only been checking this thread, so seriously, what reason? Your little conjecture there in the second line does not warrant a reason, only a vague sort of theory. The phrase "reason to believe" implies that you have some kind of direct knowledge.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by xvart »

crypto wrote:I don't know. I don't really believe you had the flu.
You are voting for me because you don't know? Or because you think I did not have the flu? Or you don't really have a reason but the best thing you can think of is questioning a real life claim? You might want to try getting a little more conviction behind your reasons, especially after you neglect to mention them the first time around. You know someone is going to ask, so starting out your justification for your vote with "I don't know" makes you sound either like you don't know what the hell you are talking about OR you sound like a teenager who is being questioned by his parents after getting caught doing something totally stupid.

Regardless, I can't prove to you that I did unless you give me your address and I'll scrape some vomit out of one of the shirts I was wearing and mail it to you. I work (and live) in the residence halls on a university campus and one of my "other duties as assigned" this year is to track H1N1 and manage the residential student population (so I was pretty much bound to get it sooner or later). Added to that that I am diabetic, so if you've ever thought about the reason why children, elderly, and diabetics get priority flu shots, you might be able to imagine how I felt over the weekend.

xvart.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by crypto »

The flu affected your ability to read through the thread?
Gyro
Gyro
Townie
Gyro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Gyro »

@ foilist13

Well I don't have any inside knowledge. Blame poor wording.

Regardless I don't necessarily see the significance of me saying that I don't think he's been on in a while. I actually didn't think he was on the site for a while, he even says that he had computer problems in the post I just realized a few hours ago so..

not a slip up, don't even know how it would be anyway, and just useless thing to pick up on really.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by xvart »

foilist13 wrote:
Gyro wrote:No, not at all. I wouldn't be stupid enough to make that type of giveaway post had I actually had any knowledge.

Just the fact that I haven't seen that guy post in forever, I drew the conclusion that perhaps he didn't even send in a role/confirmed not GF etc..

But then I saw the post on the past page and that's where I raged. : /
Where in here does he list any reasons? Reason to believe means you have a finite
reason.
Whoops, thought I saw something does not explain it.
Gyro wrote:I have reason to believe the guy hasn't been on in a while.
You said you've only been checking this thread, so seriously, what reason? Your little conjecture there in the second line does not warrant a reason, only a vague sort of theory. The phrase "reason to believe" implies that you have some kind of direct knowledge.
Exactly my point. I can't wait to see what sort of fabricated web of backpedaling comes of this "misspeak" like yesterday's "misspeak."

xvart.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by crypto »

In case you missed it with the simultaneous posts and all, Xvart:
crypto wrote:The flu affected your ability to read through the thread?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Crypto...that's rather harsh. I mean, honestly....
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by crypto »

No, I don't mean it that way. It was an honest question. Can't say I've ever played Mafia with the flu.
Gyro
Gyro
Townie
Gyro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Gyro »

I have reason to believe......

xvart still has the flu ; obvious reasons.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by xvart »

Have you ever had the flu? Have you ever had the flu bad? Have you ever been diabetic and had the flu bad?

Having the flu did not prevent me from reading the thread; believe me I probably read it two dozen times. Having the flu prevented me from having any sort of coherent thought or retain any semblance of knowledge comprehension while posting. When I saw the vote count I put it at, what I thought, was L-1, hoping to get Mr.Jester to claim his role. I didn't go back and double check the vote count; nor would I have been able to do so anyway (with any level of accuracy, at least).

xvart.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Crypto: No, but you implied that he never had it to begin with. Honestly, that's pretty harsh.... Not necessarily scummy, but I think it does cross a few lines of good sportsmanship.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by xvart »

Gyro wrote:I have reason to believe......

xvart still has the flu ; obvious reasons.
I guess I might, but I am not contagious anymore (my fever broke Tuesday morning) and I feel a million times better. I'm still sore and ache, but nothing compared to Sunday/Monday.

xvart.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by crypto »

No, I understand all of that. I just find it extraordinarily suspicious that the flu damaged your coherence in this game on Monday but not in your other ongoing game on Monday.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by Netopalis »

See, that's something you should have said up front, rather than just saying you didn't believe he was really sick.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by crypto »

Netopalis wrote:Crypto: No, but you implied that he never had it to begin with. Honestly, that's pretty harsh.... Not necessarily scummy, but I think it does cross a few lines of good sportsmanship.
I don't think checking in about those circumstances crosses any lines of good sportsmanship. If I started insulting him for it or if the subject was more private, then certainly, but not in this case.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by xvart »

Netopalis wrote:Crypto: No, but you implied that he never had it to begin with. Honestly, that's pretty harsh.... Not necessarily scummy, but I think it does cross a few lines of good sportsmanship.
Nah, it's fine. I knew the question would come after I posted it. I should have just said "Whoops! I should have counted the votes myself and not relied on someone else's word." I don't really care either way; I can't prove it and he can't prove it so it's a moot point (at least in my opinion).

xvart.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by crypto »

Netopalis wrote:See, that's something you should have said up front, rather than just saying you didn't believe he was really sick.
No, bullshit. I needed him to confirm that he was so sick he couldn't play efficiently; otherwise he might have wormed his way out of it.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by crypto »

foilist wrote:Where in here does he list any reasons? Reason to believe means you have a finite
reason
. Whoops, thought I saw something does not explain it.
No. "I have reason to believe ..." is a turn of phrase. It isn't the same thing as "I have
a
reason to believe."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Gyro - Poor word choice only goes so far. What you said was scummy, and saying "oh sorry" doesn't help. Im going to
unvote, vote:Gyro
for now, but I don't have anywhere else to go with this.

It won't be hard to convince me to move my vote, but so far today I haven't seen anything that scummy.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by crypto »

Wow. See post 444.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by xvart »

crypto wrote:No, I understand all of that. I just find it extraordinarily suspicious that the flu damaged your coherence in this game on Monday but not in your other ongoing game on Monday.
I saw the post right before mine almost immediately when it came up and I worked on my post for almost the entire four hours as best I could. It was certainly not the easiest thing I've ever done but a necessity.

xvart.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Netopalis »

*shrugs* It's a turn of phrase, but it is one which is conventionally used in the sense that the person saying it has hidden, higher or not-well-known knowledge about the subject at hand. But I think we have bigger fish to fry than this little phrase.

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by crypto »

All right.

I don't really want to know how you managed another post an hour before midnight, but I'll buy it.
Unvote.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”