Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Maemuki »

Vote Count, Day 1
hiphop ( 0 )
Budja ( 1 ) SpyreX
charter ( 0 )
ConfidAnon ( 2 ) - sigma - CSL
crypto ( 0 )
CSL ( 0 )
elvis_knits ( 0 )
Energetic Penguin ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 2 ) popsofctown - Energetic Penguin
Idiotking ( 0 )
imaginality ( 0 )
Infinis ( 0 )
Juls ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 1 ) - crypto
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 1 ) - charter
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 2 ) hitogoroshi
sigma ( 3 ) Sotty7 - infinis - RedCoyote
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 8 ) Pads - Vi - RayFrost - Budja - hiphop - Hoopla - roflcopter - ConfidAnon
Vi ( 1 ) - elvis_knits
Unvote ( 4 ) - Idiotking - Juls - imaginality - Psychologic
Total Votes ( 25 )

With 25 alive, 13 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 1st, 11am EST

Vi wrote:@Maemuki: I'll see what I can do. (I didn't know you liked that series.)
Maemuki 269 wrote:mah boi.
Now you do.
crypto wrote:Because I think you're scum. Thinking you're scum ≠ wanting to lynch you.
If you think somebody's scum, why wouldn't you lynch them?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:07 am

Post by crypto »

Then kindly stop staging a diversion from our fully warranted SpyreX/ConfidAnon hate
Your Spyrex hate is not warranted.
with your unwarranted Maemuki hate.
Why is it unwarranted, again?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Vi »

crypto 274 wrote:Because I think you're scum. Thinking you're scum ≠ wanting to lynch you.
Unless you're calling Maemuki scum as a personal insult, you just admitted you're not playing to the Town win condition.

That was easy.
crypto 276 wrote:Why is it unwarranted, again?
Good question! You answer.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:09 am

Post by crypto »

Mae wrote:If you think somebody's scum, why wouldn't you lynch them?
Because there hasn't been enough discussion yet ... Maybe it's better worded this way: I think you're scum, but I'm not willing to lynch anyone yet. Emphasis on "anyone" and "yet."
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:10 am

Post by Vi »

I
do
agree with SpyreX in at least one area.
SpyreX 247 wrote:And, based on current behaviors we're going to see one of the games with a MASSIVE content divide that pre-needs to be monitored before it gets out of control.
So I'm going away for a while, and I suggest the scum and the pegasus knight do the same.

----INTERMISSION----
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:12 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

crypto wrote:Not liking CSL and ConfidAnon. IIRC, such play is standard from CSL. ConfidAnon's a bit of a Rubik's Cube to me, but his going with the flow remains icky. Iso. 4 rubs me way wrong: "You sound very jumpy and cautious, almost overly so." Yecch.
You'll always find me scummy =P
All jokes aside, I like the EM reference, if it was intentional.

The crypto/maemuki issue is bizarre, but I understand where crypto is coming from.

Spy really hasn't inspired me to move off of his wagon.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:13 am

Post by crypto »

Vi wrote:
crypto 274 wrote:Because I think you're scum. Thinking you're scum ≠ wanting to lynch you.
Unless you're calling Maemuki scum as a personal insult, you just admitted you're not playing to the Town win condition.

That was easy.
See post 278.
crypto 276 wrote:Why is it unwarranted, again?
Good question! You answer.
Hi, I'm the one who's saying it
isn't
unwarranted; I'm disinclined to argue against my own conviction.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:14 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Holy crap, this game is fast. I mean, I expected as much with twenty-five people, but still, can't a guy make a Let's Play video in peace? :(
SpyreX wrote: I love the call to OMGUS, too. But, lets just keep on keeping on and look at some of the delectable plays we have goin up ins:

- Budja 146. Just, seriously. Not one, two, three but FOUR reasons to jump on this train?
- Hiphop the cheerleader.
- Anon the snipa'

I'd put more than even money on one of those three being scum. This wagon is too good to, even at this point, keep the fingers off of.
I disagree with that. Remember, this is plurality voting, if scum try to rush-hammer there will be a long, lonely 24 hours where they sit with targets on their heads. Quite frankly I wouldn't be too surprised if there were NO scum on your wagon.

And thank you for the intermission, Vi. I'll try to comb this all over again and take notes about the wagons in general. (Tempted to put them in an excel spreadsheet, so I can graph them as functions of time. Apparently we *are* allowed to post images here?)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:16 am

Post by SpyreX »

Vi wrote:But that's not true at all~
You even listed two quotes from me where I argued that you were scum without using meta~
What? Which ones?

How about this. Show me the case. Not the one that is a function of "he's not playing like X"
Vi wrote: The questions you're asking are/were not particularly convincing for scumhunting regardless of who asked them. Many posts, not much worth.

It would be more convincing if you played in some form of a pro-Town manner.
In addition, what's the point of a pressure wagon if there's no chance of it leading to a lynch?
WOOSH.

I absolutely don't understand this hate but I'll play your game.

Martyr time. You lynch me, I'm town, you get lynched. I mean since I'm so CLEARLY scum and my myriad of posts are OBVIOUSLY just scum fueled drivel well.

And pressure is pressure and wagons are wagons. The fact that from a handful of posts you've pulled out SCUM FOUND is the headdesk part.
Vi wrote:Why Budja in particular, considering we brought up the same points at about the same time? (And considering ConfidAnon's the one with the wagon)
I'd swing to any of the musketeers. However, I find budjas repeated rationales for said business with the fallback of "ohh ya and wagons are good" to be enough to keep the vote.

And considering how awesome wagons are at this point Confid's being the wagon of choice is about as swaying as four monkeys doing the hula. Naked. In tahiti. During mid summer.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:18 am

Post by crypto »

ConfidAnon wrote:You'll always find me scummy =P
All jokes aside, I like the EM reference, if it was intentional.
Now I wish I hadn't wasted my day kill on RayFrost. :P
ConfidAnon wrote:The crypto/maemuki issue is bizarre, but I understand where crypto is coming from.
REALLY? Elaborate.
hitorogoshi wrote:Quite frankly I wouldn't be too surprised if there were NO scum on your wagon.
Budja.

And I'm out. I'll post my Maemuki case after ConfidAnon responds to my question. Should be on again later tonight to do so, but if Anon hasn't responded by then, my lips will remain sealed.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Maemuki »

you're technically playing against your (assuming you're town) win condition, crypto.

So. Why aren't you willing to lynch me? Not enough discussion? Hehe. Wagons cause discussion after all, don't they? So, why are you confusing me? Why? Why are you voting for me? Gut? What about all of what happened before? Apparently, that never happened did it?

Now I can shut my mouth. Mae out.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:26 am

Post by crypto »

you're technically playing against your (assuming you're town) win condition, crypto.
No, I'm not. Not wanting to end the day prematurely is not playing against the town's win condition. Sorry. Nice try.
So. Why aren't you willing to lynch me? Not enough discussion? Hehe. Wagons cause discussion after all, don't they? So, why are you confusing me? Why?
You used the term "lynch," not "wagon." I have responded accordingly. I love how you're accusing me of confusing you, though. That's rich.
Why? Why are you voting me? Gut? What about all of what happened before? Apparently, that never happened did it?
I don't get it. Can you use proper English instead of spewing (rhetorical) questions?
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Maemuki »

crypto wrote:No, I'm not. Not wanting to end the day prematurely is not playing against the town's win condition. Sorry. Nice try.
Ok, maybe not. But - not explaining your votes is. So, why are you waiting for another person to post before you post your case on me?
You used the term "lynch," not "wagon." I have responded accordingly. I love how you're accusing me of confusing you, though. That's rich.
So you would be willing to wagon me, but not to lynch me. Interesting. Am I getting it wrong?
I don't get it. Can you use proper English instead of spewing (rhetorical) questions?
Seeing as it's 9 pm here, no. Live with it.
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Infinis »

My random vote is no longer random.

The thread has been open for less than 24 hours. And there's a ton of material already.

Sigma's 57 is a Game theory argument. Random vs non-random vs semi-random vote. A semi-random vote is the same as a random vote.

Sigma's 70 is a woe is me post.

Vi's 71 is another game theory argument, Long vs short random phase. I detest the ADD playstyle of not letting everyone get at least one random vote before unilaterally ending the random phase. If you're bored and want to play faster find a smaller game.

Sigma's 72 is the reveal that, he's sad that his trap failed. He gave it up awfully fast. Again ADD

Post 79 is another Game theory argument about policy lynches

All the above is filler with no scum hunting

Post 80 is from Redcoyote and is on point and i agree

Post 96 is Sigma's response, meh

Post 98 makes me wonder about playstyle, which is not scumhunting. So why is post 98 not "What's your scum list look like" instead of a lot of fluff

As I was writing this, I realized that a ton of you are meta gaming. Each game is an island unto itself.

Lastly two good points have been brought up: one post timing and two volume. Some of us are not prolific posters. Some of us have different schedules for posting.
Games Played: Mini 741, Newbie 764
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:01 am

Post by roflcopter »

hey spyrex, switch your vote to confidanon with me

unvote, vote: confidanon

somebody please kill crypto asap as well
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:06 am

Post by roflcopter »

infinis post 288, you make a lot of fair assessments but don't seem to draw any conclusions based on them, at least none you're telling us about beyond your vote being nonrandom.

does vi's 71 give you and bearing on his alignment? if so, what bearing? if not, why did you bring it up?

what is your opinion of spyrex?

which of confidanon/csl do you think is more likely to be scum, and why is sigma a better lynch candidate than either of them?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

HOLY CRAP... was that like 10 pages overnight... lol

This game is going to be fun!

Reading...
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Vi wrote:
e_knits 78 wrote:Sigma is not the first person to use the "I'm voting for someone I don't know" reason. I have seen it before. It is not novel. It is not wild and crazy. Haven't you seen it before, Vi?
I've used it before. Of course, that's not why I voted sigma or why I pressured him. So I don't know why you voted me. (Bad puppy, no biscuit!)
I thought that's why you voted him because he was going on and on about it for paragraphs like he was being attacked...

Then I looked bakc and you're right... you said something about him needing a bandwagon because he's a significant threat if scum.

unvote Vi

Page 5... Rayfrost bets on himself or sigma to be the lynch...wut

Page 6... Why doesn't spyrex like early bandwagons? Heresy! (I feel like he was trying to joke around with the other jokers, but the other jokers were also scum hunting... well maybe not ray, but Vi and Hoopla seem to be scum hunting)

Page 7... brings two more scum:
Confidanon busses Spyrex (uses word "defensive")
CSL OMGUSUCKS, then TYPES IN ALL CAPS, then opposes spyrex wagon

Page 8... Sigma singles me out for no reason
Rofl192 - I agree

Page 9 ... people arguing over my Vi vote. I explain first part of this post.

Ack... dinner is ready must go eat... be back later
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:39 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

crypto wrote:REALLY? Elaborate.
I assume you have a gut feeling about Mae being scum, but don't really have much evidence on her. Therefore, you are voting her for pressure, but you don't really have a compelling reason to want her lynched aside from afore-mentioned gut feeling.

I'ts a little odd, but I understand what you're doing (unless I'm way off and just rambling like an idiot. In that case, don't mind me.)
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Budja »

Too much to digest right now. I'll post later (withing 12hrs).
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Page 10 Confidanon pre-emtpively arguing against votes that *might* get cast against him
Spyrex sounds more analytical, analysis of his bandwagon sounds fair to me
Crypto kills rayfrost, unvotes confidanon, votes maemuki (Looks like three bad moves to me)

Page 11 Maemuki keeps asking crypto why he's voting her
Crypto comes up with gems like this:
crypto wrote:Because I think you're scum. Thinking you're scum ≠ wanting to lynch you.
Conclusions:
Spyrex analysis of his bandwagon seems good. He didn't hate on everyone, which seems more like an attempt to find the scum on his wagon rather than just move people off. Seems more like a townie reaction.

My top scum picks:
Cofidanon
Sigma
crypto
CSL (although maybe it's his meta... never played with him before)

vote confidanon

I've basically disagreed with everything he's said, and his jump to spyrex wagon he gave reason as being "spyrex is being defensive" which is a scummy catch-all reason. You can say anyone is being defensive. And when they're being attacked they sort of have to defend themselves. So calling someone scum for being "defensive" is BS.
Talk nerdy to me.

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by hiphop »

@Maemuki- You say the wagon is an informative wagon. If that is so, why didn't you vote. Either vote on the bw, or tell me why you didn't vote. You can't say the bw is informative, but not support it.

I agree with post 293. Crypto basically said igmeoy. I would put it the same category as Spyrex's vote. Semi-random.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by hiphop »

I forgot this point.
Spyrex- I like your catchup post, but please keep it under 500(it is 562)
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

charter wrote:
VOTE SPYREX!
Traitorous scum!

Now that that is out of the way, I think pops is scum. I actually have like five likely scum candidates, which is kind of awesome. Others to include: imaginality, Energetic Penguin, and hitogoroshi.

unvote, vote Pops

Pops for his K7 tangent and his 'why aren't you opposed to Hoopla's avatar' comments.
imaginality for posting to say he isn't going to post.
Energetic Penguin for his FOS of Sigma and then vote for Hoopla.
hitogoroshi because I don't like his last two posts.

I don't think sigma is scum.

OMGUS
Unvote, Vote: Charter

The sprinkler system "scumhunting" looks pretty bad to me. You're posting things that have happened, not even in reason form, and then indicating suspicion towards several people for insubstantial reasons. It looks like scum that wants someone else to follow it up, wants several different angles to go to get a mislynch, and overall wants more bodies on the floor. I'm pretty surprised no one else is upset by this.

I still don't really see scumSpyrex. He said he hated meta in my last game i was with him so at least he's consistent.

Confidanon looks bad. He's sheepy and votes with poor reasoning (someone brought up the defensive argument, which is pretty fallacious)

Crypto seems so scummy he can't be scum, voting people and refusing to explain. What the crap Crypto? Are you claiming scum or town right now?

I'm inclined to agree with roflcopter on Maemuki being town. Partly from his rep. Is that a bad reason? Sorry. But she seems town besides.

Guys, please tone down the posting. I don't want to drop out because of time demands. It took me well hour to catch up today. Well.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ahaha I forgot all about that rule.

That DOES kind of give me better feelings about hiphop since scum would have just messaged for the modkill / penality / whatever happens.

Sigh, gg SpyreX
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”