Newbie 869 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:11 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Dead men tell no tales.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:11 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Dead men tell no tales.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Deer »

Just because Elli followed me on both the RPG "bandwagon" early in the game and the DLA lynch does not mean I am scum. I'd be very happy lynching Elli after this. I think I explained my reasoning for voting jee here:
Deer wrote:Well then that makes no sense. Seriously, there seems to be nothing I can do that you will not call scummy. I place a random vote, that's "planting seeds in the town's mind." I try to defend myself against what I thought was an accusation from Mr. Finch, then "oh, that's overdefending." I try to clear up a misquotation, that's "buddying." Are you going to call this "overdefending?" Because that's honestly bullshit. I haven't had much experience with these forum mafia games, but I was acting as a normal human being would act in the situations I was put under. Your illogical reasons are why I'm voting you right now.

Vote: jee
It had nothing to do with the fact that Elli was also voting jee - as a matter of fact, her reasoning for voting him was that she thought that he was "bussing" me. None of my votes have been cast with Elli in mind. Also, here, if you notice:
DarkLightA wrote: DarkLightA - 1 (SensFan)
Arthur Dent - 1 (Kami-Sama)
Ellibereth - 2 (RPG*Twilight, DarkLightA)
Deer - 1 (jee)
jee - 1 (Ellibereth)

Not Voting - 3 (Arthur Dent, Deer, Mr Finch)

Second vote count that Elli and Deer aren't together. Notice how tension is building on Elli.
---
Arthur Dent - 1 (Kami-Sama)
Ellibereth - 2 (RPG*Twilight, SensFan)
Deer - 1 (jee)
jee - 3 (Ellibereth, Deer, DarkLightA)

Not Voting - 2 (Arthur Dent, Mr Finch)

TATA! Saved
---
DarkLight tries to act like I "saved" Elli by voting for jee, when in fact, he moved his vote from Elli to jee! His logic is really pretty poor and if you choose to follow it just because he uses sarcastic comments like "TATA! SAVED," that's idiotic.

Also, I don't like everyone calling out scumpairs right now; it's really quite stupid. I haven't been buddying with Elli - because she chose to latch on to my in my voting patterns is no fault of my own. Please realize that.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:27 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Dead men tell no tales.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:28 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Dead men tell no tales.
Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:04 am

Post by Arthur Dent »

@Art:
What the hell are you talking about. L-2 does not equal a lynch. If anyone had quick hammered they would be scum. Your logic is broken, not mine.
Where have I ever mentioned L-2 equals lynch? I agree with you that it doesn't, and I think I already said I agree. This has to do with your playstyle, not your logic. As I said, your reaction to everyone was pretty defensive for someone who, if town, would have nothing to hide.

Many of your posts have all revolved around a broken arguement, L-2 doesn't equal lynch. There is only so long a person can hold out the same argument before I become suspicious.

The term 'broken record' isn't just in the public idiom, it's also used in the realm of psychology in reference to a guilt person who uses tired logic because in their mind they are convincing others he is innocent. It's not a sure sign, by all means, but its enough for me to be suspicious against you.

But for playstyle that's really pissing me off... I don't know what happened with DarkLightA, but I reread the thread after my holiday...WTF? If he isn't scum, he sure isn't playing pro-town.

My eye isn't off you Elli, but I'm going to go overkill on this one.

Vote: DarkLightA
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

It is a important, and popular fact, that things are not always as they seem...
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Deer »

DarkLightA wrote: Okay, that's NOT a good reason to vote. If you were to do a little reread (only 5 pages!), you would find that I've said that I have 3 suspects, one of them is Sens. I have constantly had a vote on one of them.
You did think Sens was scum.
Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Arthur Dent »

Realized I didn't unvote:

Unvote; Vote: DarkLightA

RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:35 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

DarkLightA wrote:Oh, and I'm vanilla.
Wow. Yeah, this'll change votes.

Not convincing at all, much like everything else you've said in this game.
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:47 am

Post by jee »

i think he's already got 5 votes...
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Deer »

Yeah, where's the mod?
Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Arthur Dent »

... uh oh ... maybe he OD'd on tryptophan. Not good.

jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by jee »

or turkey
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

jee wrote:or turkey
Given the fact that said tryptophan is in said turkey...

but now i'm just being a stickler.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:35 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

What happened to our mod? It's been almost 30 hours...
Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Arthur Dent »

... Gosh, I hope he really didn't OD on tryptophan. Then it'd tragic and highly ironic.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:45 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

The Mod drove home on Saturday, and spent all day Sunday unpacking, doing laundry, etc. Now back to our post-holiday massacre!!

Official Vote Count

Arthur Dent - 2 (Kami-Sama, jee)
DarkLightA - 5 (RPG*Twilight, SensFan, Deer, Ellibereth, Mr Finch)

Ellibereth - 1 (Arthur Dent)
Deer - 1 (DarkLightA)

Not Voting - 0 ()

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Monday, December 7.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:51 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

DarkLightA becomes the town's most likely suspect, and is taken away to the gallows. There's nothing to indicate his supposed affiliation with the Mafia, however.

DarkLightA,
Townie
, lynched Day 1

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices before Thursday, December 3.

Kami has requested a replacement. If Kami has a night action and a replacement is not found before the deadline, her action will be randomized.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

You find Arthur's body the next day, the latest unfortunate victim of the Mafia's attempt to take control of your town.

Arthur Dent,
Townie
, killed Night 1

Day 2 has begun. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is the end of Thursday, Dec. 24. Merry Christmas!! No go lynch someone.
:twisted:

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:22 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Tuberkulos replaces Kami Sama.

Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Bugger. Sleep well gents.

And so we're back with a new day. Sensfan said in a previous post that he plays mostly by gut.

I'm going to do exactly the same thing right now and in my very first post I am going to get straight back on Jee. Why?

I think we have to look at the night action(s), and our mislynch of DLA. Yes, I am as guilty as everyone else that voted for him as I did drop the hammer.

However, look at Jee's voting pattern, a couple of jumps and then his vote was on Arthur and it never moved, even during the DLA hammer. I'm not saying it should have done as he specifically posted that he thought that DLA was playing more toward town than scum. This could just be his scum knowledge trying to steer towards Arthur.

My other candidate right now is SensFan. He started on DLA (admittedly DLA did not help himself at all) and never let up until he got what he wanted when we lynched a townie.

DLA's insistence that Deer and Elli are scumbuddies does strike right to me right now but I am happy to be proven wrong. We absolutely need to lynch Scum today.

Last thing for now is that unfortunately right now we have no information on Doc, Cop or Roleblocker until someone claims.
>That's [i]Mister[/i] Finch to you, scum!
>I am not in America. GMT Rulez!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:51 am

Post by SensFan »

Mr Finch wrote:My other candidate right now is SensFan. He started on DLA (admittedly DLA did not help himself at all) and never let up until he got what he wanted when we lynched a townie.
Not true. I was on Ellie for several pages, and only flopped to DLA when no one else was interested in Ellie, and DLA did some ridiculous things.

Vote: Ellie
. Should have stuck to my gut yesterday.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:03 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

AD Voted for Elli and now AD is dead. Although AD was suspected by a couple people (Jee, DLA, and Kami-Sama, although replaced,and it was a RvS, so i'll let the new person come in first.)

Also, Kami-Sama started getting on Elli. Just a note.

AD was a bit of a wild card in the NK. He did have some suspicions thrown his way.
Mr. Finch wrote: My other candidate right now is SensFan. He started on DLA (admittedly DLA did not help himself at all) and never let up until he got what he wanted when we lynched a townie.
This makes no sense. EVERYONE got on DLA, that's what makes this difficult. And DLA was our BWCS, given that he offered us nothing when SensFan had to repeatedly ask what he was talking about. DLA was making no sense to anyone, so it's really a null-tell. I think it's more the fact I think scum took advantage of this.

ALTHOUGH, after doing a quick ISO of SensFan, I realize a little bit of manipulation to the town that I hadn't seen before. A bit AtE? Possibly. But, SensFan, this quote seems a little desperate:
SensFan wrote: Do the rest of you really not see how hypocritical it is that DarkLight hounded me to explain something I already had, demanded quotes, and then refuses to explain why he thinks I'm one of the most suspicious people here?
Now, although I agreed with you, DLA flipping town probably isnt the best thing now after reading this comment. He didnt do any of his part, that I understand, but now that I re-read this with new information, the word "hypocritical" "demanded" "most suspicious" "hounded" seems like a plea to hound DLA.

Although, your vote on Ellie is okay. I have my doubts about her as well, from Day 1. She assumed she knew the two scum already and will just "wait it out to see if she's right"... That still strikes me as odd. The only two who know are the mafia. It just feels like she put words in there to sound like she just only MAY know.

And another thing, if she said she "assumed" she knew the two scum. Why'd she vote for DLA at all if she wanted to help the town? She said a Deer and Jee connection is most likely. Voted for both of them, then unvoted and got a townie. Hmmm.
Ellie wrote: I'm comfortable claiming whatever I think, and I think there exists that possibility that jee and deer are scum.
As a matter of fact if the game were to end now and I had to guess who the scum were, I'd say them.
For visual proof. She could have very eaisly thrown two names into that hat. (Or maybe one is, and then instead of her name, threw in another... the possibilities)

I'm not going to vote right now, as it's too early to really determine why the NK happened, and the such.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:49 am

Post by SensFan »

What was I supposed to do, RPG, when the player I thought was Scum wasn't doing anything to let me see where he's coming from, and the rest of the Town didn't appear to be following me? Hindsight is 20-20.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:02 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

SensFan wrote:What was I supposed to do, RPG, when the player I thought was Scum wasn't doing anything to let me see where he's coming from, and the rest of the Town didn't appear to be following me? Hindsight is 20-20.
Yes, I understand that is what you were supposed to do. Doesnt mean you couldnt take advantage of it as scum.

And the town did, maybe as a rally of sorts... but it still strikes me as odd. Again, not voting, i'm just seeing what im re-reading.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”