Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Vote Count, Day 3
hiphop ( 1 ) - Sotty7
shotty to the body ( 2 ) - popsofctown - SpyreX
fhqwhgads ( 2 ) - idiotking - RayFrost
hitogoroshi ( 1 ) - Pads
Idiotking ( 1 ) - fhqwhgads
Xylthixlm ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Zakeri ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 3 ) - Xylthixlm - roflcopter - Shotty to the Body

RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 4 ) - zakeri - hiphop - RedCoyote - hitogoroshi
Total Votes ( 14 )

With 14 alive, 8 needed to reach a majority.
Majority reached. Plurality will be lynched at 3:45pm EST Friday, December 4th

popsofctown wrote:I did fail to notice a cost, true.

That cost still doesn't override 2 daykills though. 2 daykills is 2 daykills.
Here's an interesting question for you:

If we decide that we will absolutely lynch RayFrost in 2 days, no matter what... what's his incentive to kill as we direct the second day?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I still think Ray could be scum - after all, if the IK/Ray scumteam I brought up earlier was true, this would be exactly in line (Ray tries to live longer, and IK STILL gets townie cred.) More importantly, I can't think of anyone else I want to lynch in 24 hours. So let's ignore that unvote of mine and
vote: Rayfrost
once more.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

SpyreX wrote:Hence the vote on one of the fairly lurking votes that led us to this spot.

I mean, realistically we could 180 and go back to hiphop or IK.
This isn't a vote on a "lurking vote" I was the first one to bring Rayfrost up yesterday. This is a cheap ploy to try and satisfy your unexplainable urge to lynch me. Not lynching claimed scum is stupid.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Shotty, you've just been weak and sheepy for the latter part of today. Voting you makes you talk. See?

Hito, your IK/RF is a ridiculous pipe dream. IK would get just as much townie cred, hypathetically, if RF didn't claim SK and flipped scum. (there's any number of ways he could have exploded if he wanted to be lynched). There's not really a motivation for RayFrost to claim SK as scum here. If he wanted to last one more night, he'd claim some power role, not something that has a 80% chance to get him lynched anyway.

Not being able to find someone else to lynch is a more legitimate problem, but you have 24 hours. You can read some isos.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

We can always policy lynch Zakeri.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:04 pm

popsofctown wrote:Shotty, you've just been weak and sheepy for the latter part of today. Voting you makes you talk. See?
Bullshit votes make me angry, nothing further. I'm really quite tired of Spyre's pet lynch list.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

post 1577 is content.

Spyrex's pet list makes me curious, as almost none of his pets seem to die.
"Well, I..."
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:32 pm

popsofctown wrote:post 1577 is content.

Spyrex's pet list makes me curious, as almost none of his pets seem to die.
Because he put non-scummy people on it and he never actively pursues their lynch beyond mindless cries for them to die?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You know what the best part about that is?

Every other time he's brought up my desire to see that spot lynched since the days of Budja it's been mellow yellow.

This time, SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Now, if I'm around tomorrow I'll give you a real case. Doubly so if we kill RF and get woosh.

If I'm dead just assume I gave a lot of awesome words and lynch them both for me. Or, at the VERY least I want at least TWO of you sillies to go through and iso him real close. Real real close.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:45 pm

SpyreX wrote:You know what the best part about that is?

Every other time he's brought up my desire to see that spot lynched since the days of Budja it's been mellow yellow.

This time, SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Now, if I'm around tomorrow I'll give you a real case. Doubly so if we kill RF and get woosh.

If I'm dead just assume I gave a lot of awesome words and lynch them both for me. Or, at the VERY least I want at least TWO of you sillies to go through and iso him real close. Real real close.
Yeah I've tried to be reasonable with you and I'm sick of your shit this time around. Post your fucking case, making threats and alluding to your supposedly awesome case doesn't help anyone.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by SpyreX »

It helps me. See, eventually the deluge of VI's and silly SK's will be done with and we can get to serious business.

Just because NOW isn't the time doesn't change the fact that it will be later.

Fume all you want though. All things come to those who wait. My pet lynch list isn't going anywhere and if we, in essence, waste this lynch on the SK then maybe there wont be a huge list of secret connections and the related funny business and I can actually get traction goin.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:57 pm

The fact that you've tunneled this hard this long is sad. Keep pressing this bullshit all you want, no one's paying any attention to it because the fact you've had it since D1 without any serious posts about it means it was a load of crap then and most likely still is.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yes, I have indeed been tunneling. I also have made no serious posts about either you or Pads.

I AM UNDONE.
Show

Proud member of BaM
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

popsofctown wrote: Hito, your IK/RF is a ridiculous pipe dream. IK would get just as much townie cred, hypathetically, if RF didn't claim SK and flipped scum. (there's any number of ways he could have exploded if he wanted to be lynched). There's not really a motivation for RayFrost to claim SK as scum here. If he wanted to last one more night, he'd claim some power role, not something that has a 80% chance to get him lynched anyway.
I'm not saying SK affirms it. My main reason for suspecting that scumteam is IK 1363 and Ray's subsequent super-scummy give up flumph. Claiming SK seems to be something no scum would do (to some at least; I don't see why not personally) but the funny thing is that the whole SK thing can be seen as a digression. If we lynch RF and it turns out he's scum, whether or not he flips SK makes no difference in terms of the boost to IK's town cred (as this quoted post suggests). I'm not saying an SK claim proves RF/IK scumteam, but it doesn't disprove my reason for originally thinking so and I don't think having a pet SK is worth trying to rush a quicklynch on someone else when an RF lynch is by his own admission eventually necessary and I'd really like find out if he's telling the truth.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You can't wait 1 day to find out? Even one? I don't see any reason to doubt his claim either. I mean, when someone claims Cop with 2 day kills, you should be suspicious, but when someone gets absolutely as close as you can get to claiming scum, why doubt their claim?

*wants to play another game with Spyrex*

Let's just policy lynch Zakeri. He hardly posts ever.
"Well, I..."
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Hito, why do you think I'm scum? Complete reasoning, please.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

popsofctown wrote:You can't wait 1 day to find out? Even one? I don't see any reason to doubt his claim either. I mean, when someone claims Cop with 2 day kills, you should be suspicious, but when someone gets absolutely as close as you can get to claiming scum, why doubt their claim?
Because you don't want to lynch him.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

At IK: My post 1412 (which was 10 am TODAY - jesus, that's a lot of posts):
hitogoroshi wrote:
RayFrost wrote: hiphop is scummy for the reasons others have stated that I cba to remember
ಠ_ಠ

Normally I would like the IK attack on ray, but not in this context. IK was doing the defeated townie thing for a while there, but then at 1363 it was like a switch was flipped.

I really get the feel that IK-scum was like, "I'm just gonna act like a defeated townie would - oh wait! I can bus my scum partner instead! 1363!"

And ray was like "aw **** it, I'm bored of this game anyway. I guess I'll just say the most throwaway, lackadaisical things I can to piss everyone the hell off, get me out of this game on the Necktie Express, and give some townie credit to my scum partner."

Of course it could also be IK-town acting like a defeated townie because he WAS a defeated townie, and then saying, "Oh wait! I could try
actually contributing
instead of moping and whining at everyone! 1363!" But the first seems to make more sense to me in this context.

Since there's no danger of a quick-hammer in plurality, I'm gonna join the party and
vote: Rayfrost
. And if he flips scum we should consider an IK lynch next for such quality reasons as
IK 1404 wrote: Never did I say "woe is me". I didn't give up, as you seem to indicate. To me an appeal to emotion involves a sort of "you're gonna feel sorry for lynching a townie" sort of thing going on, or "everybody's picking on me, I didn't do anything wrong".
because that kind of throws a wrench in the idea that he was a defeatist townie who tried to save himself via activity. That explanation only works if you are cognizant of the idea that you were, in fact, being defeatist and not contributing and saying woe is me.
This was before Ray's claim. I would fine-tune it but the core principle is essentially the same - I find your bi-polar hop extremely scummy, and the fact that it started with a single pointed argument on ray suggests he's your scum partner and his throw away statements were...before I would have said, painting an obvious target on himself because he wanted to leave and this way it would be a good tactic for him to do so. But now I'd have to tweak it to, painting an obvious target on himself because his plan was to claim sk anyway.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:37 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Why is my "bi-polar hop" extremely scummy? Would you rather I had given up? Sorry, if I'm gonna die I'm gonna go down fighting.

Ray has been posting pathetically for longer than the wagon has been on him. You're trying to bend things in a way that ties me to Ray, when there really is
nothing
for you to go on. Hell, RC's case against me was better than this.

And you need to look up the definition of "defeatist". I don't think you know what it means.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

IK, are you denying that you were passive and defeatist earlier today? And that post 1363 marked the beginning of a significant play-style shift on your part? I don't like to ask questions instead of posting analysis because I think it's scummy, but this is a big one.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Yes, I'm denying it. Defeatist implies giving up. I didn't. As for passivity, I don't think it's wise to always beat one's brains out against a wall solely to be a stubborn jackass. I screwed up with the CSL thing by not following my instincts. But I also know it was my fault alone that I was on the wagon, and while I believed CSL to be scum, I should have given a replacement a chance. I didn't. I'm not going to argue what I don't believe.

As for the play-style shift, I don't think it's as big a leap as you think.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Xyl 1512 wrote:There
might
be some value in leaving RayFrost alive and continuing to debate, but we no longer have that option. Right now, with 24h to get a lynch, RayFrost is by far the best candidate. I know there's a possibility of benefit from leaving him alive but it's nowhere near the downside of rushing a lynch on someone else in 24h.
Thank you a million times for being the only one with a little common sense. Shame on Spyrex and pops for trying to take it upon themselves to assign the lynch with 24 hours to go!

---
RF 1524 wrote:You already know my alignment and who I've killed, making my flip moot.

As such, lynching me provides no new information whatsoever.

Xyl, you pushing for the lynch of a town-directed daykill or two is really coming across as scummy.
This reeks of slime. You have no pro-town agenda, and you are trying to set our agenda. No, we
don't
know your alignment or who you've killed. There is likely an SK in this game, there is no evidence you are it other than that's what you're claiming.

---
Idiotking 1527 wrote:This is all assuming that Ray is in fact the SK and not scum. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, since the real SK (if there is one) wouldn't be able to counterclaim.
Then get your vote back on!

---
Spyrex 1585 wrote:waste this lynch on the SK
Ugh...

Vote: RayFrost
, heck,
confirm vote
that son-of-a-gun, and I've never been more sure of a vote as town on MS.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by Idiotking »

If there really is less than 24 hours left, I suppose you're right, it should be back on Ray.

Unvote

Vote RayFrost

Though don't think I'm going to forget your little meltdown, fqwoiupoiashdgzxcvkmn.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:03 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Woah, I go to bed and 4 pages happens. I'll probably just skip it and fake that I read it *stares at idiotking*

Holy crap. I didn't realise I put RF at majority. Votecount fail. (Note, I fully intended to vote RF, but a claim before majority would have been preferable)
Xylthixlm wrote:popsofctown: Look at it this way. We have someone who we absolutely need to lynch some time before the end of the game. If we lynch someone else today, we will have to lynch RayFrost eventually. So what's the effect of instead lynching RayFrost today and someone else later? We lose the SK-directed kill, but we gain more information when we eventually lynch someone who isn't RayFrost. This was a close decision before we learned that majority had been reached; throw in the fact that we need to decide the lynch in 24h, and I think RayFrost is clearly the best option.
I agree with this.
unvote
Vote RayFrost

pops wrote:Quit sticking to "rules of thumb". Analyze the pros and cons of this decision and tell me it's right to lynch him without appealing to some rule of thumb that has some stronger rationale hiding behind it. The very phrase rule of thumb implies there's exceptions, this is one of them.
I understand where you are coming from, but remember, we have the choice to lynch a known anti-town role, versus lynching an unknown and opening up the daykilling of more unknowns. Having more than one daykill may put us closer to lylo/mylo than we might be aware of. Having a non-town powerole will be a very bad thing then.
RayFrost wrote:I can't win, really. As such, I'll do what I can to at once maximize my chances of winning. Doing so minimizes scum's chances while also helping the town's.
*wipes away tear* That is such a sad story... dude... you TOTALY have won me over. I'll remove my vote later.
Xylthixlm wrote:Because you don't want to lynch him.
See pops, we're already getting information from this lynch.
Idiotking wrote: Though don't think I'm going to forget your little meltdown, fqwoiupoiashdgzxcvkmn.
...and so you should not. Neither should the rest of town.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:58 am

Post by roflcopter »

we are lynching rayfrost, and i would ask everyone not voting for him to stop being stupid. the daykills were fun while they lasted, but its time to get real.

also, fhq is town, we've been over this. i suppose i shouldn't be surprised that the sk and scum tried to get him quicklynched inside the 24 hour window.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”