Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Sanjay »

Oh, I forgot we need to get a claim in and everything before we lynch. I guess we do need to go into deadline mode right now.

Everyone needs to get posting like a mofo right now because it would be really solid if people actually commit to some real votes this time.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by semioldguy »

I am committed to a real vote.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Sanjay »

semioldguy, there are a lot of people who aren't too enthusiastic about my wagon.

Maybe actually bring up some examples to support your case? It might help you out.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Fact is, if you think BigBear is likely scum and you don't want to elaborate on this secret parroting and adding no content that I was doing, I don't really see your case.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Looker »

Sanjay's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2001490#2001490]Post 1323[/url] wrote:Concerned about me being lynched today? Not really. It certainly could happen, but I'm not that worried about it.

Concerned that KoC is being very anti-town? Definitely.

Concerned I might have been wrong about my town read on KoC? Possibly.

The expected town response to "I see why you have been anti-town but could you please stop it" is to stop it. I don't know what's up with that. And his vote was kind of self-preservation-y. So I don't know.

But if I have to vote KoC to save myself I'm certainly going to feel a lot better about it.
- So you're KoC's foil now? Your easy-going attitude to his "fuck all y'all" attitude? That's really nice, Sanjay. Impressive.
- I don't believe you; I can't. If the guy tied for the lynch with me all of a sudden started acting anti-town, I doubt I'd be concerned. I'd be happy and would opportunistically "appear" concerned.
- Why do we always round things off in threes? (As in your "concerned" bullets) Is that a literary thing? Like poetry stanzas or something? Just a thought. Either way, I think your third one's sweet. "But he seemed like such a good boy..!"

And, regarding voting KoC for self-preservation: I'm pretty sure that was going to happen anyway, Sanjay.
Furry's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2001530#2001530]Post 1324[/url] wrote:I live near San Fransisco, it snowed here for the first time in basically forever, so ive been busy enjoying myself.

Going to be pissed if this turns into KoC/Sanjay so will get that stuff up on BB in an attempt to recitify the situation that is brewing. If this doesnt get fixed im going to have to do some serious research because niether of these wagons look appetizing to me.
- I'm going to be thrown for a loop if Eleven turns out to be your scum partner, Sanjay, because Furry and KoC seem to be openly competing for my suspicions.
- There's a pretty yellow butterfly outside my window. Maybe I should go outside and play with all the other kids for once...
Sanjay's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2001830#2001830]Post 1328[/url] wrote:Fact is, if you think BigBear is likely scum and you don't want to elaborate on this secret parroting and adding no content that I was doing, I don't really see your case.
You don't have to see the case, you see the vote, don't you?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by semioldguy »

I don't have a whole lot of posts this game. It isn't hard to find them and see what I find most suspicious about which players. If you want me to make detailed cases, then I won't.

I could make a overly-detailed case about suspicious activity about any player in the thread; but that's all it would be, a laundry list of things. As it stands I have outlined the few points that stand out the most to me and are most suspicious. I trust these points much more than going back through in search of more points that might not actually be scummy and weren't contributing factors to my original suspicion.

If I go through looking at a single player specifically in search of scummy things, I am going to find them whether they are there or not. Doing this is not helpful for the town. People see what they want to see. If I look at a specific player wanting to see him as scummy I am going to see it, but that's not a useful way to find scum. I'd rather just play the game and find things as I go rather than single out a couple players to look back at and drag up a bunch of dirt that does little other than bog the game down.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Here are the things I see you have posted against me:
semioldguy wrote:So far Sanjay is my top suspect. On day one I really dislike how he seemed to mediate the argument between DeathRowKitty and ConfidAnon. To me it looks like scum trying to keep a fight going between two players while he doesn't really take a stance on the issue the whole time he remains a part of discussing it. When that issue was later he-hashed with replacements coming in, Sanjay did a little more fence-sitting on the issue. Sanjay also does a lot of parroting and following throughout the game.

Also not wanting to lynch the soft claim at the end of yesterday as well as not wanting the full claim?! Seriously?! (could say something similar about Looker, but have gotten better vibes from her thus far)
semioldguy wrote:Early on in my read I was thinking to myself what exactly you had contributed. When I looked back, it looked to me as though you had contributed very little despite your large amount of posting. You don;t really bring much original content and most of what you do is ask questions with little to no follow-up as to reads on the answers (to be fair, a good portion of your questions didn't get answers due to flakiness this game so far). I see this behavior as scummy because it gives off the appearance of being helpful (asking questions) without really being all that helpful yourself.
Here are some things I ABSOLUTELY DON'T SEE:

Me not adding much content to the game.
Me doing a lot of fence sitting.
Me doing a lot of following in this game.
Me doing a lot of fence-sitting on the issue of ConfidAnon vs DRK when the issue was rehashed.
How asking questions isn't helpful anyway. I had very good reasons for most of my questions.

Maybe I'm too close, but someone seriously read through the thread and concentrate on me and see if semioldguy is full of garbage.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Oh, I also don't see me doing a lot of parroting in this game either.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Sanjay »

You shouldn't have to comb through the thread to find these things.

You already talked about them.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Looker »

Hey, Sanjay,
Are you hoping for a last-minute wagon on Semioldguy or are you just trying to get him to move his vote?

Are you hoping that, if you point out flaws in his speculations, that you'll somehow encourage other people to drop their votes on you?

Are you hoping that by pointing out SOG's speculation flaws that you'll encourage others to vote your opposition?

Hey, please feel free to answer all of these with a single "No" or, if you want, not to answer them at all. I understand you're under a lot of stress and scrutiny right now and the deadline
is
rather pressing.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Furry »

Looker wrote:
Furry's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2001530#2001530]Post 1324[/url] wrote:I live near San Fransisco, it snowed here for the first time in basically forever, so ive been busy enjoying myself.

Going to be pissed if this turns into KoC/Sanjay so will get that stuff up on BB in an attempt to recitify the situation that is brewing. If this doesnt get fixed im going to have to do some serious research because niether of these wagons look appetizing to me.
- I'm going to be thrown for a loop if Eleven turns out to be your scum partner, Sanjay, because Furry and KoC seem to be openly competing for my suspicions.
- There's a pretty yellow butterfly outside my window. Maybe I should go outside and play with all the other kids for once...
Ive seen snow once before sunday, so I took the opportunity to enjoy myself. Getting on that stuff now though, I have about 20 minutes of free time.
Temporary unretired alt
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Looker »

I'd be playing in snow if I were you.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Looker wrote:Hey, Sanjay,
Are you hoping for a last-minute wagon on Semioldguy or are you just trying to get him to move his vote?
The former would be nice but I have no hope for the latter. If semioldguy is town and telling the truth, he seems quite committed to the wagon. If semioldguy is mafia, I don't expect him to admit "yeah, everything I was saying was BS. My bad".
Looker wrote:Are you hoping that, if you point out flaws in his speculations, that you'll somehow encourage other people to drop their votes on you?
Given the people voting for me, no.
Looker wrote:Are you hoping that by pointing out SOG's speculation flaws that you'll encourage others to vote your opposition?
Not really my primary aim.

My main motivation is I've recently ISO read myself since semioldguy accused me, I really don't see where he is coming from, and I think he is BSing.

I think it would help the town if he backed up his arguments, especially if I end up being the lynch today.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Furry »

Fairly fast rundown on why I like this BB lynch over either of the KoC/Sanjay ones.
BB wrote:I agree in the fact that EC is acting extremely useless (not scum hunting, joking around, and playing stupid). However, I can't wrap my finger on whether that is a scum tell or not.

Shrine writes this to you EC, and you respond with the next post. Is that all? You don't want to defend your case any more? Have you given up?

Aside from those two paragraphs above... no one really commented much on my last post... :/ so there wasn't much for me to rebuttal to... that I could see. I'm satisfied with my vote for the moment.

people to look out for however....
EC - obviously, not acting pro-town. Not really liking him that much. (somewhat a gut read.)
Far_Cry - Somewhat a gut read also. I feel that DRK had a really good post here, regarding the matter.
This is the first suspicion from him that obviously comes after the end of the RVS. There were a few times where he went back and forth coming out with some point, before he reverted back to jokes. This is basically "I suspect the top two suspects on gut", with a vote on EC for putting someone at L-1 (not a tell, if I need to get into it I will).

Much later, he says that EC was not scum, but he just wanted to pressure him instead. That cuts down his suspicion list to "FC on gut from DRKs post". Whole lotta solidness (if thats a word) in those suspicions. The only person he has left is scum he has gut and blame outs on already.

Then comes the pressure on BN/DJ and things get fun
BigBear wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
BigBear wrote:wait... what's the case on DJ at the moment?
He replaced BN. So the case from me against him is the same as the case from me against BN, which was:
ZazieR wrote:
Sanjay wrote:Zazie, could you expound a bit on why you voted for brothernature?
-The observing, while not discussing.
-Talking when being called out.
-Vote against Nook.
-Dodging my questions.
-The observations regarding EC
-And the general active lurking when posting.
I guess I just don't know how I feel about that though. That seems to fit with his play style. (aside from the vote about nook, and the obsv regarding EC.) He was rather scummy in the last game too, and we should have lynched him for some of the same stuff that's listed here.

Deadline is still 10 days away, why don't we hold off for the moment, and look else where.
Well wow. Massive defense for BN on meta, which he wipes the entire case away with and tries to move it (to me).
BigBear wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Uhm, correct me if I'm wrong, BigBear, and this is just what I got from my readthrough, but... didn't DRK start the Jester speculation? Because from what I read, DRK made a comment alluding to 3rd parties, then later clarified he was thinking of Jesters when making that comment. So... uhm... explain?
I don't recall him clarifying that he was specifically talking about jesters, I just remember Confid and DRK fighting for several pages to find out who actually started it. I didn't really think that DRK was implying it at the time, although, if he was, then yea, it's obviously scummy. Why I figured that Nook really brought up the jester speculation, is because his remarks didn't seem to connect (at least at first glance), or didn't seem to come from directly from DRK's comment.

If you could show me where DRK said that he was eluding to a jester, that would be helpful. :o
Then he tries to get DRK lynched instead once nook/me goes nowhere
BigBear wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:
BigBear, 486 wrote:You're right. I should Unvote: Vote: ConfidAnon, But I was also in the not voting category....

Also, do you mean that I'm not asking questions? and that is why I am scummy?
Bandwagon
FoS

-I was the third vote on you, why are you/were you so worried?
-Bandwagons are quite normal.
-You do realize that I am no longer voting you.
And lets not forget the CA wagon.

So we have an attempt to push me (town), DRK (likely town) and CA (town) all over BN/DJ. Thats hitting on every single wagon, quite literally probing every possible way to get DJ off the block and someone else on at this point.

Oh yeah Raskol too
BigBear wrote:Getting scum vibes from Raskol based on this post. Feels like fence sitting. Like he needs the details of both wagons so he can vote on one accordingly. He does this (IMO) so he doesn't actually have to come up with a case.
So getting back to it... BB votes DJ when its inevitable.

So quick D1 recap
-Little strong suspicions
-Calls BN town on meta
-Would rather lynch nook(me)
-Would rather lynch DRK
-Would rather lynch CA
-Would rather lynch Raskol
-Votes DJ

No sense is made from this
Temporary unretired alt
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Furry »

Looker wrote:I'd be playing in snow if I were you.
Im a little old to be going crazy in snow, but my reading spot up on Mt. Diablo is really pretty right now (although really cold)
Temporary unretired alt
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Looker »

Sanjay's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2002107#2002107]Post 1337[/url] wrote: I think it would help the town if he backed up his arguments, especially if I end up being the lynch today.
I'm guessing you're not familiar with sting maneuvers, are you? Either way, what will come will come.

This applies to you, too, y'know.
Looker's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1960687#1960687]Post 1013[/url] wrote:Sorry guys, I woke up too late. Last night sucked. DJ, don't worry, either way you flip, your wagon and the consequent tells will be perused along with any interactions you've had thus far. The majority of us like this game and believe that thinking is fun so we'll find the real Mafia.

However, if you ARE the real Mafia, then well-played, you dragged the day out at least and didn't get lynched right off-bat. I'm guessing the only thing we're waiting on is Kreriov so I'll bid you all adieu until Day 2 starts. Au revoir (especially if I get NK'd tonight, in which case, whom would you suspect?)
Where DJ=Sanjay.
Furry's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2002133#2002133]Post 1339[/url] wrote:
Im a little old to be going crazy in snow, but my reading spot up on Mt. Diablo is really pretty right now (although really cold)
That sounds beautiful. I've always wanted to ascend a mountain, and I forgot you were one of those things, those
grown-up
things,
yuck
! I'm gonna be like Peter Pan and NEVER grow old!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Looker »

As a matter of fact, I think my avatar kind of looks like a dark version of Peter Pan. Dark Pan!
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by BigBear »

So Furry, one of the reasons you are suspicious of me, is because I spread my votes around?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by Looker »

Give it a rest, you're not going to die...during the day at least.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Looker wrote:I'm guessing you're not familiar with sting maneuvers, are you? Either way, what will come will come.

Is there something you'd like me to expand on, Looker?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Sanjay »

BigBear wrote:So Furry, one of the reasons you are suspicious of me, is because I spread my votes around?
You missing some life lessons, BigBear?
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by Furry »

Looker wrote:
Furry's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2002133#2002133]Post 1339[/url] wrote:
That sounds beautiful. I've always wanted to ascend a mountain, and I forgot you were one of those things, those
grown-up
things,
yuck
Im only in my early 20s... Diablo is only about a 4000ft mountain though, even the longest hike is just short of 20 miles round trip. Near the coast though you can see for quite a ways, so its a good relaxation area.

@BB - You jumped it around with what sure looks like intention to save DJs hide day one. You were on every competing wagon.
Temporary unretired alt
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Looker »

Sanjay's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2002159#2002159]Post 1344[/url] wrote:
Looker wrote:I'm guessing you're not familiar with sting maneuvers, are you? Either way, what will come will come.

Is there something you'd like me to expand on, Looker?
No, you're fine. I was going to say that I'd wish you wouldn't expand so much, especially at the expense of jeopardizing future endeavors, but you're cool. You have a right to say what you want. I do, so why shouldn't you?

It's similar to placing a pressure vote on someone, but then telling them that it's a pressure vote. You ruin the sting.
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by BigBear »

Furry wrote:
Looker wrote:
grown-up
things,
yuck
Im only in my early 20s... Diablo is only about a 4000ft mountain though, even the longest hike is just short of 20 miles round trip. Near the coast though you can see for quite a ways, so its a good relaxation area.

@BB - You jumped it around with what sure looks like intention to save DJs hide day one. You were on every competing wagon.
But was that all near deadline? If so, how close was it to deadline?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Is it not scummy if it isn't close to the deadline, BigBear?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”