malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:53 am

Post by malthusis »

An hour after you restart the discussion on who to lynch next, the huge bulkhead doors open and a person in the base comes in and hands you the weekly newsletter for the bases. The front cover this week reads "ALIEN BASE DESTROYED IN BLACK SEA" with a picture of a aquanaut with his diving suit on with his helmet in one arm, and a Tasoth head in the other with a wide smile on his face. This seems to bolster the morale (and lighten the mood) of everyone in the room. The person then walks out, the huge door shutting behind him, and slowly the discussion restarts....

The First Vote Count of Day 3:

Igor Schultz:1 (Andrew)
Emile Buchard:3 (Igor, Edward, Claude)

Not Voting:4 (Jaime, Emile, Spencer, Leon)
Last edited by malthusis on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edward Smilie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Edward Smilie »

That's technically not true, Igor. You were the first to vote- today. Andrew and Spencer both voted Emile yesterday.

Andrew- i see being patronizing as worse. You can't really patronize in the heat of the moment. :P
Leon Dreyfus
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Leon Dreyfus »

To be honesty, I want to lynch Igor. Everyone accredits him for the metafishing catch, when really that was me. He jumped in on it later because my first post was deleted. I'm not sure if my second, on the Leon account was before it. Anyways, I'm in agreement with Andrew right now. Igor needs to go probably, I see pretty much no way that Andrew is scum. He hasn't been on my radar all game long.

Vote: Igor
Sorry, but [b]V/LA[/b] for a bit...
Leon Dreyfus
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Leon Dreyfus »

Igor Schultz wrote:Edward if I ping emmy would that gain town points or scum points.
Scum radar went "WEEEWOOOO".
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:17 am

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Andrew wrote:If anyone thinks Emile is scum, they should probably take a look at Jamie as well. Jamie has declared Emile one of his top suspects even before Stuart flipped town but he has never voted him. He also defended Emile's lack of activity in iso 50 by pointing out another weak performer, Leon, and defended Emile with guesswork WIFOM in iso 35. Finally, he has done nothing but agree with and defend my top suspect, Igor.
I never voted Emile because there were a lot more better candidates (Stuart, Otto, and Leon) however, I am starting to think emile is more and more scummy. And for your second part. How is disagreeing with you about Igor scummy? If you want me to think Igor is scummy you're going to have to tell me why.
Andrew wrote:His unique communication skills don't make him scummy, just difficult to literally read. However, I do find him to be one of the scummier players, if not the most. I understand the need to think about what possible roles are out there, but this dude fucking loves to talk about roles, especially a town vig. Igor also supports a Claude lynch because of...what? Claude mentioned his name once? Igor is cool with lynching Edward to get him out of the way. and he apparently wouldn't mind a lynch of either Emile or Leon as well. Um, being ok with lynching half of the remaining players for no real reasons screams scummy.
Alright, fair enough. I'm still not convinced that Igor is scum though and I think Emile or Leon would be a lot better.
Igor wrote:Edward if I ping emmy would that gain town points or scum points. If she flips scum I was the one who voted first and who started this. I just want you to know that. One thing that is true about edward his his middle of the pack mafians. I have noted the same. I started this wagon thus I must be town! yay! FYI sometimes scum make long posts about the d-1 stuff that we already know. But as of now edward does not need to be lynched as our d-3 choice. We have little info and if we assume that he would have played scummy we would just make asses of ourselves. But remeber when emmy flips scum I was the one who started this. If she flips town feel free to lynch me.
Sigh. What was the point of this post? Andrew was correct, this does seem like scum bussing his partner.
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by Andrew Lemarchand »

@mod - Has Spencer responded to his prod? Also, Orski is still listed on the first post.

About Spencer: I am getting a replacment for him as we speak...

@ Claude - You said you pretty much agreed with my analysis of Jaime and Emile, but not as much on Igor. Does Igor's desperate attempt to make sure we notice his voting of Emile change your feelings on Igor at all?
Claude Lefevre
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:41 pm

Post by Claude Lefevre »

I am not sure. The post by Igor does scream scum trying to get credit for hanging his partner. And Edward has a good point in post #451. Let us see if he can answer something that will not qualify as wifom or omgus.

But I also feel Jamie's posts 454 is very disturbing. He WIFOM's about never voting Emile, he still supports a Leon lynch although he stated his vote was a placeholder, and after keeping his FoS on Leon he sadly recognizes that Igor's scumminess.
Igor Schultz
Igor Schultz
Townie
Igor Schultz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:22 am

Post by Igor Schultz »

The reason I posted my post was not to look scummy it was to show that edward was full of crap logic. Acording to him because I was first to vote I should be town. I had voted in the middle of all other votes. So this just goes to show that edwards point was just a nice smelly cow pie. You can still lynch me if you want for trying to make this point. I will go out clean so at this point you can lynch me or just see the real point of my last post. I still think emmy is a good lynch today.
Claude Lefevre
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Claude Lefevre »

wait, didn't you say that you started the lynch on emile (which is false, btw, as Edward noticed)?

I don't see how this two posts can go together:
Igor Schultz wrote:Edward if I ping emmy would that gain town points or scum points. If she flips scum I was the one who voted first and who started this.
and
Igor Schultz wrote:The reason I posted my post was not to look scummy it was to show that edward was full of crap logic. Acording to him because I was first to vote I should be town. I had voted in the middle of all other votes. So this just goes to show that edwards point was just a nice smelly cow pie. You can still lynch me if you want for trying to make this point. I will go out clean so at this point you can lynch me or just see the real point of my last post. I still think emmy is a good lynch today.
also: how about Leon's post 452? He is right, isn't he?

@Jamie: please, answer me. How is or was Leon a better candidate than Emile? How is he now better than Igor?

Unvote; Vote: Igor

KMEOY: Emile, Jamie
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Igor wrote:The reason I posted my post was not to look scummy it was to show that edward was full of crap logic. Acording to him because I was first to vote I should be town. I had voted in the middle of all other votes. So this just goes to show that edwards point was just a nice smelly cow pie. You can still lynch me if you want for trying to make this point. I will go out clean so at this point you can lynch me or just see the real point of my last post. I still think emmy is a good lynch today.
This is exactly the opposite of what you said in your last post...
Claude wrote:@Jamie: please, answer me. How is or was Leon a better candidate than Emile? How is he now better than Igor?
I do not think that Leon is a better lynch then Emile. I think they are about equal. If you look back at Leon's iso you can see that he has posted nothing much that was new to the convo which is very scummy. As for Igor, I did not think he was very scummy... Until now. He has been contradicting himself like hell for a while (alright, i'm exaggerating a bit but you get the idea) and is making an obvious attempt at making an attempt to look more townie. Riht now I would say that they are all about equal (Emile leading by a bit).
Claude Lefevre
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Claude Lefevre »

speaking of contradiction, Jaime:
Jaime Marcelle wrote: I never voted Emile because there were a lot more better candidates (Stuart, Otto, and Leon)
and
Jaime Marcelle wrote:I do not think that Leon is a better lynch then Emile.
I confirm my vote and my FoS's.
Igor Schultz
Igor Schultz
Townie
Igor Schultz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Igor Schultz »

Jaime do you know how a gambit works? I did this to try to catch ed in a spot to see how he reacted. Lets look at it from my shoes right now.

1: I am scum. I lost it and posted shit. I get lynched and I flip scum. Because I posted shit on emmy she gets lynched and mostlikly flips scum. At that point town wins or we are down to 1 mafia. This is because of the size of the game. Thus if I am scum I just lost my team the game.

2: I am not scum. I flip vanila town. How would you deal with that? I must have really made that gambit and I was telling the truth about it all. You are down one more town. 2-3 more scum on the loose and you mis-lynched for the 3rd time in a row. It will give you some I dea about who is scum because they will mostlikly be on my lynch.

3: I get lynched. I flip power role. Whoops that one more power role gone same thing will happen as above.

4: I get lynched. I flip cop... now here is where you guys might come out on top. I pinged emmy. I said that she is worth a lynch. Here you will lynch emmy and she will flip scum. This is because if i'm the cop I would have not given you a mis-lead.

5: you don't lynch me. You lynch emmy she flips scum. He tells the truth! I get nked next turn because the scum will think I am the cop. OR I get lynched next day because I killed my partner!

6: You don't lynch. You lynch emmy she flips town. HOLY SHIT AM I IN FOR IT. I GET LYNCHED.

Thus all of this leads me to be telling you the truth. If I was scum I would have just trashed my teams game. I am not stupid I just made a gambbit to see if we got anther stu on our hands. He does have some thread of logic in him un-like stu. So it is up to you to lynch me or not.

Claude, he is sorta right. I did not see his post thus I can't confirm if he did in fact ping the scum player. If he did in fact do that I think he needs the credit that is due him. Right now keep in mind that I didn't see his post at all.
Leon Dreyfus
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Leon Dreyfus »

The above is a crap most meant to try to get you to second guess your vote. Only confirms you more to me.
Spencer Remmington
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Townie

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Spencer Remmington »

I apologize to everyone for dropping off. Something unexpected came up, and I don't think I'll be able to take this game head on for a while yet. Don't worry, though, it's nothing too horrifying. I am requesting a replacement, though.

Again, I'm sorry.
Don't look at me! I'm new here!
Emile Buchard
Emile Buchard
Townie
Emile Buchard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Emile Buchard »

Edward wrote:Criticizing someone's civility is the resort of someone who's losing the argument. Also, I haven't sworn at anyone.
Which is exactly why you should stop calling people "idiots".
Edward wrote: Now, dice voting is antitown, for the reasons i and others have given earlier in the thread (and the recent MD poll agreed by 2-1, so it's a majority opinion but not an uncontroverted one).
So if it isn't incontroverted issue, why are you making it such a big deal? Seriously, die or no die, does it really matter? The answer, is no, so long as it really is a die. Since we cannot verify this, then the case cannot really be proven either way--null point.

Emile wrote:
Edward wrote:I think I would have voted without explanation there too.
Now how the hell can you say that you would have voted without explanation as well if you don't know why Whyte voted without explanation or even if he had an explanation to begin with. Crap logic.
Is proven by:
Edward wrote:
Jaime wrote: Alright, I guess I can agree with you that Emiles post was scummy but how do you know that that was the reason for his vote?
Well, I don't know...
Need I say more?
Andrew wrote:Townies on your tail? Seems like a good time to suggest a lurker lynch.
I was merely pointing out that the only reason anybody was voting for me was because of Gehard (which was an honest mistake) and my lack of activity, so I said here's somebody who is even less active. BTW positions on people can change throughout the course of the game. Remember that.

Oh, and Igor, do you realize how scummy your posts look? You forgot a #7 possibility, that your scum and you slipped and now your posting a bunch of crap because you want to cover up. We lynch you and we finally get a lynch right for a change. Make sense?
This is a signature. It represents things that you say when you have nothing better to do.
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Me wrote:I never voted Emile because there were a lot more better candidates (Stuart, Otto, and Leon)
Blargh. i should've reread my post to make sure it made sence. What i meant by that was that by the beginning of today Leon was a better choice however, you all have convinced me otherwise and Igor, well he did that for all of you.
Igor wrote:Jaime do you know how a gambit works? I did this to try to catch ed in a spot to see how he reacted. Lets look at it from my shoes right now.

1: I am scum. I lost it and posted shit. I get lynched and I flip scum. Because I posted shit on emmy she gets lynched and mostlikly flips scum. At that point town wins or we are down to 1 mafia. This is because of the size of the game. Thus if I am scum I just lost my team the game.

2: I am not scum. I flip vanila town. How would you deal with that? I must have really made that gambit and I was telling the truth about it all. You are down one more town. 2-3 more scum on the loose and you mis-lynched for the 3rd time in a row. It will give you some I dea about who is scum because they will mostlikly be on my lynch.

3: I get lynched. I flip power role. Whoops that one more power role gone same thing will happen as above.

4: I get lynched. I flip cop... now here is where you guys might come out on top. I pinged emmy. I said that she is worth a lynch. Here you will lynch emmy and she will flip scum. This is because if i'm the cop I would have not given you a mis-lead.

5: you don't lynch me. You lynch emmy she flips scum. He tells the truth! I get nked next turn because the scum will think I am the cop. OR I get lynched next day because I killed my partner!

6: You don't lynch. You lynch emmy she flips town. HOLY SHIT AM I IN FOR IT. I GET LYNCHED.

Thus all of this leads me to be telling you the truth. If I was scum I would have just trashed my teams game. I am not stupid I just made a gambbit to see if we got anther stu on our hands. He does have some thread of logic in him un-like stu. So it is up to you to lynch me or not.

Claude, he is sorta right. I did not see his post thus I can't confirm if he did in fact ping the scum player. If he did in fact do that I think he needs the credit that is due him. Right now keep in mind that I didn't see his post at all.
I don't even know how to respond... I totally agree with Leon. You're grasping for something to keep you alive now.
Edward Smilie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by Edward Smilie »

Emile Buchard wrote:
Edward wrote:Criticizing someone's civility is the resort of someone who's losing the argument. Also, I haven't sworn at anyone.
Which is exactly why you should stop calling people "idiots".
Get a dictionary. Look up 'civility.'

What I'm saying is that people complaining about how I'm being 'rude' have lost the argument. Whether I'm rude or not has no bearing on whether I'm right. Have you never played mafia, seen a succession of REALLY BAD votes, and thought, 'What the heck are you guys on? This wagon is terrible!'
Edward wrote: Now, dice voting is antitown, for the reasons i and others have given earlier in the thread (and the recent MD poll agreed by 2-1, so it's a majority opinion but not an uncontroverted one).
So if it isn't incontroverted issue, why are you making it such a big deal? Seriously, die or no die, does it really matter? The answer, is no, so long as it really is a die. Since we cannot verify this, then the case cannot really be proven either way--null point.
Yes, it does matter, and I've explained why earlier. Most people think that dice voting is antitown. They happen to be right. The dice vote was the scummiest thing anyone had done to that point, and pressuring people who do antitown or scummy things is what town should be doing, no?

Emile wrote:
Edward wrote:I think I would have voted without explanation there too.
Now how the hell can you say that you would have voted without explanation as well if you don't know why Whyte voted without explanation or even if he had an explanation to begin with. Crap logic.
Is proven by:
Edward wrote:
Jaime wrote: Alright, I guess I can agree with you that Emiles post was scummy but how do you know that that was the reason for his vote?
Well, I don't know...
Need I say more?
No, you need to say less.

1) You have wilfully distorted what I said there by leaving out the rest of the argument. I don't
know
: I can reasonably enough assume that it had something to do with the scummy post it followed, because, well, that's what votes usually do. It may have been that he thought Emile's post was scummy for a different reason to mine, but it doesn't really matter. The point, as I've suggested many a time, is that it's completely unreasonable to believe that an unexplained vote is one which doesn't HAVE a reason behind it.

2) Whether I know for sure why Stuart voted HAS NO RELEVANCE WHATSOEVER to whether I would have done the same thing. I have stated that, if i were in the game at the time, and had the opportunity to make post 71, it would have been an unexplained vote for Emile.

@Igor: Call it craplogic all you want, but, over all the games where I've played as town, that tends to be where decent scum players are most often found. They don't want to stand out; they also don't want to be seen
trying
not to stand out.

Your counterexample doesn't work, logically: I didn't say 'The people in the middle of WAGONS are most likely to be scum.' If you had come out all guns blazing on Emile, and expended a ton of energy on wagoning him, and brought a ton of attention to yourself in doing so, then I might conclude you're more likely town because of it.
Igor Schultz
Igor Schultz
Townie
Igor Schultz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:19 am

Post by Igor Schultz »

seeing as you all think that way. feel free to lynch me here and now. I will go out clean. Thus I shall claim plain ol' town. Nothing more nothing less. I am telling the truth and thats that. I would like to ask all of you to lynch me on what ever basis you want. I AM TELLING THE TRUTH, when I go out you will be down one more town.
Claude Lefevre
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Claude Lefevre »

I will be completely honest. As much as I do not like Jaime's posts, above all this statement (which is a terrible justification for a contradiction, imo)...
Jaime Marcelle wrote: Blargh. i should've reread my post to make sure it made sence.
...I am highly disturbed by both Igor's last posts, which do nothing but make me confirm once again my vote (along with my FoS's).

à propos FoS's, a votecount would help keeping an eye on them.

Mod, please, update the votecount from time to time

I see no reason to update it now, I have already given one this page. However, if you want I will record all FoS's from last votecount onwards...
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:28 pm

I'm actually not seeing the contradiction that Claude is talking about. Just because Jaime said at one point that he found Leon scummier than Emile does not mean that his feelings on the two players can't ever change. Jaime is still near the top of my list, but the contradiction that Claude identified is not a reason why.

@Igor - Let's pretend that you are telling the truth about being town. You said there were 4 players you were OK with lynching...who is your top suspect and why?
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Ok, first of all, I'm sorry for not posting earlier but I've been very busy lately so don't expect me to post again until tomorrow afternoon.
Igor wrote:I AM TELLING THE TRUTH, when I go out you will be down one more town.
Anyone can say that. if you don't want us to vote you you're going to have to tell us why we shouldn't vote you. We have no way of knowing if you are telling the truth or not.
Andrew wrote:Just because Jaime said at one point that he found Leon scummier than Emile does not mean that his feelings on the two players can't ever change.
Andrew hit the nail on the head. This is exactly what I've been meaning to say (sorry again if I wasn't clear)
Edward Smilie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Post by Edward Smilie »

A few thoughts.

1. I don't like the way Emile is tossing FoSes around like confetti, and not committing to a vote. It may be a playstyle thing, but i see no reason for any player not to have their vote on their top suspect.

2. The 'I am town, you will be sorry if you lynch me' thing doesn't normally impress me any, but... I dunno, I'm getting a sense of frustration off Igor that normally comes from townies who think they're being misrepresented. I mean, he did misrepresent my position totally, but that might just be an issue of reading comprehension/ misunderstanding it than deliberately strawmanning.

3. The existence of the counterwagon, to me, implies that Emile and Igor are not BOTH scum.

4. Claude jumped third on the Emile wagon, then turned around about half a page later and jumped third on Igor. He was fourth on Stuart. There's a definite 'whichever way the wind is blowing' feeling I'm getting from him.
Edward Smilie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by Edward Smilie »

A few thoughts.

1. I don't like the way Emile is tossing FoSes around like confetti, and not committing to a vote. It may be a playstyle thing, but i see no reason for any player not to have their vote on their top suspect.

2. The 'I am town, you will be sorry if you lynch me' thing doesn't normally impress me any, but... I dunno, I'm getting a sense of frustration off Igor that normally comes from townies who think they're being misrepresented. I mean, he did misrepresent my position totally, but that might just be an issue of reading comprehension/ misunderstanding it than deliberately strawmanning.

3. The existence of the counterwagon, to me, implies that Emile and Igor are not BOTH scum.

4. Claude jumped third on the Emile wagon, then turned around about half a page later and jumped third on Igor. He was fourth on Stuart. There's a definite 'whichever way the wind is blowing' feeling I'm getting from him.
Edward Smilie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:56 pm

Post by Edward Smilie »

A few thoughts.

Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:48 pm

Edward wrote:1. I don't like the way Emile is tossing FoSes around like confetti, and not committing to a vote. It may be a playstyle thing, but i see no reason for any player not to have their vote on their top suspect.
Agreed. While he never FOSed Igor, the fact that he hasn't voted for Igor is a point in Igor's favor. As a top suspect already, Emile might not any part of another townie lynch.
2. The 'I am town, you will be sorry if you lynch me' thing doesn't normally impress me any, but... I dunno, I'm getting a sense of frustration off Igor that normally comes from townies who think they're being misrepresented.
I don't know, I usually see this kind of act as a scumtell or, at best, anti-town. Defend yourself, don't just tell us you're a townie and that we're making a mistake. Is there anything specifically that you can cite about Igor as townie frustration?
This definitely does concern me. It's possible that we got lucky and nailed two scum with our wagons which basically forced a possible 3rd scum to bus his partners. Not an altogether likely scenario though.

Points 1 and 3 have me questioning my suspicion of Igor a bit...Hopefully, his next posts will give me a better idea if I should have stuck with my initial suspicion of Emile.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”