Newbie 869 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:56 pm

Post by Mr Finch »

Ellibereth wrote:
Mr Finch wrote:So, is Elli at L1? I kinda lost count.
Nah, i got lynched.
Happy scumday btw.
Fair enough.

Thanks!

Jee - I believe this is called twilight (until the Mod posts) and then the thread gets locked when it's night.
>That's [i]Mister[/i] Finch to you, scum!
>I am not in America. GMT Rulez!
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:32 am

Post by jee »

Maybe he overdosed on turkey again.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Ellibereth - 4 (SensFan, Nachomamma8, totallynotmafia, Deer)

SensFan - 1 (Ellibereth)
Deer - 1 (jee)

Not Voting - 1 (Mr Finch)

4 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Thursday, December 24.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Ah the holidays. There's nothing like the snow, the carolers gaily singing songs to warm you heart, the lynching by the old oak tree.

Especially when the one being lynched is a dirty, lying scumbag!!!! 8-)

Ellibereth,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 2

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices before Thursday, December 24.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:06 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Seems like no one died last night. Is it the magic of the season? You might live to find out, if you're lucky!

No one died Night 2

Day 3 has begun. With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is the end of Friday, Jan. 15.
Merry
Christmas
!! No go lynch someone.
:twisted:

Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Deer »

Interesting. Might have tried to kill Sens, and doctor saved him. Sens, now that we know you are the real cop, what was your report from last night?

I think we need to take a good hard look at jee - Elli tried to clear him with his fake cop report, and he immediately bandwagoned and buddied up with Elli after he voted for me. I'm going to hold off on a vote for right now, but right now I pretty heavily
FoS: jee
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Deer »

Also, merry Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa to all of you!
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:39 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

Oh wow, santa was good to us this year! Merry Christmas everyone! I just have one question though is it possible that the mafia didn't meet the deadline, or is the kill just randomised in that case?

Yeah, I'm
FoS Jee
too, but before I make a case I'll see if SensFan got a result which would save a lot of trouble.
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by jee »

First off... No kill wooooo!!!

Second... Seeing as there was no nightkill, there probably is a doctor. And if sens is telling the truth, then there is a cop. Meaning there is a roleblocker... So sens was probably roleblocked.

Third... Before anyone starts voting for me. Let me make my case. It should be up by at least late tonight.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:28 pm

jee wrote:First off... No kill wooooo!!!

Second... Seeing as there was no nightkill, there probably is a doctor. And if sens is telling the truth, then there is a cop. Meaning there is a roleblocker... So sens was probably roleblocked.

Third... Before anyone starts voting for me. Let me make my case. It should be up by at least late tonight.
Well if there is a doctor, wouldn't the doctor have protected SensFan, which means surely the mafia wouldn't have both roleblocked and tried to kill SensFan, that would be pointless. Maybe the remaining mafia tried to block who they thought was the doctor and kill SensFan, which would really make more sense to do the other way round.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Deer »

Definitely possible, TNM. Also, guys, we need to keep in mind that without the nightkill and with the successful lynch yesterday, we're in a good position - we can mislynch and come out okay.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I think we need to take a good hard look at jee - Elli tried to clear him with his fake cop report, and he immediately bandwagoned and buddied up with Elli after he voted for me. I'm going to hold off on a vote for right now, but right now I pretty heavily FoS: jee
Meh, doubtful. It was apparent Elli was going to be lynched at that point unless he claimed a power role; so he claimed cop. It would be easy to assume that jee would side with Elli; I'm assuming that he believed Elli was the true cop (if a cop claimed an innocent on you, wouldn't you react the same way?), so the vote on you afterwards wasn't too big of a scumtell.

Vote: Mr. Finch

Mr. Finch, can you guess why my vote's on you right now?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:23 pm

Post by jee »

totallynotmafia wrote: Maybe the remaining mafia tried to block who they thought was the doctor and kill SensFan, which would really make more sense to do the other way round.
I guess so. But that is a huge gamble to take. I don't see it ever happening with out a definite doc tell from a townie.

And Nachomamma brings up a good point which will be the main jist of my case.

First off, I believe SensFan's cop claim. I'd like to know the outcome of his check, and possibly who it was on.

Second, I have turned away from Deer for now on being Mafia. An explaination why:

1. Deer hammered Elli. Very surprising to do if the two were scum buddies. I mean, yah it could happen... but very risky.
2. In post 307,
Ellibereth wrote:Guys, we hit deadline in less a week btw.

Unvote, Vote Deer

He's shown consistent lack of scumhunting and a habit of only reacting to posts specifically directed toward him. The rare times he has questioned someone has been mimicries of previously asked questions.

I expect Sens to post more after his finals are over.
Usually mafia will try to change peoples mind when the time is running out. Like a desperation lynch. Which is what I see this post as. He is running out of time (which he states) and votes for Deer. Why would he vote for his scumbuddy on his desperation lynch? It could be seen as further distancing right before he comes to an inevitable lynch, but this was before he started getting all the votes and before Sens said he was cop.

Those are the things that stuck out for Deer being town.

Next on the list:

After rereading the thread to look at Deer and SensFan, I noticed something interesting. Mr.Finch was the only one who didn't vote last night. I kinda had a weird feeling about him on Day 2 also, so I decided to reread from the beginning, knowing that Elli was scum. If you look in the beginning, they do some useless arguing on whether or not they think certain things are scummy or not. Of course, the two were on opposite sides of the argument.

Example Post 29. this one stuck out for me:
Ellibereth wrote:
Mr Finch wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:WAAAGOOOON!!

Unvote, Vote RPG*Twilight
Why? Isn't this a particularly Scummy thing to do?

Unvote

FoS Ellibereth
I don't think it's scummy. Why do you think it is.
Another thing... know Elli is scum, look at post 332. This is the very next post after SensFan comes out as cop and tells the town who is guilty:
Mr Finch wrote:Well, cats and pigeons spring to mind. TBH, that was exactly what I was expecting Sens to say. Potential for huge WIFOM here though...

Who's the scubuddy in your opinion then Sens?

By an unofficial vote count (me reading and making a note from Mod's last count) Elli's at 1 vote, Deer at 2.
The underlined might go by unnoticed normally, but looking back... this looks like he is trying to see if he is next on the list.

Then the very next post is him again:
Mr Finch wrote:EBWOP: I am inclined (considering my last post reference newbie 843) to go with Sens as cop right now and vote for Elli. No rush yet though, Deadline's not until Thursday.

Ooh! Just realised something else. It's said (in this game I think!) Town prefer longer days:
Ellibereth, in post 307 wrote:Guys, we hit deadline in less a week btw.
Hmm...
He believes SensFan, but doesn't want to vote?....What?

Then he disappears up until Deer hammers Elli.

So, check it out. I would suggest reading through the thread again. If you don't have time, read through it in iso with Elli and Mr.Finch.

Vote Mr.Finch
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:09 am

Sorry guys I'm gonna be away for at least the next two days. I urge you not to lynch anybody without hearing from Sens first.
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by jee »

mod: thread still says 'Night 2'

yah tnm, I kinda just want mr.finch to claim for now though.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by Deer »

jee wrote: yah tnm, I kinda just want mr.finch to claim for now though.

No no no - that could easily out doctor, and we still haven't heard what Sens has to say. Until there is more pressure on finch, he should NOT claim.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I just want Mr. Finch to answer my question, actually.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:10 am

Post by Mr Finch »

First up, I hope everyone had a great holiday!
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: Mr. Finch

Mr. Finch, can you guess why my vote's on you right now?
Probably because I didn't vote. Now, before I went to vote I asked if it was L-1 on Elli. He said he'd been lynched and I couldn't see the point of voting when there was already a lynch. It wasn't until we went to night that I realised it would make me look scummy. You're wrong though.

@Jee: You're misreading what I wrote. At the time (as I noted) there was one vote on Elli. I didn't see any need to quick vote or lynch as there were still three days to the deadline. I was quite happy for discussion to go on for a bit to see if we could out the other scum.

Your underlined question was (and still is) a perfectly valid and innocent question to see who Sens thought the other scum was.

Where in my post 333 does it say I don't want to vote? I was watching the thread and would have happily voted for Elli's lynch if he hadn't already been hammered.

At the moment we have 1 scum left. Now, from what I picked up in Newbie 843, if there is a roleblocker scum alive then their night action can only be roleblock or lynch, not both.

As we have no NK then my guess would be that the scum roleblocked Sens. We won't know until Sens returns.

This of course assumes that we also have a Doc.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Deer »

Hey Finch, here's VRK's quote from page 1:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).
So the roleblocker can still NK. I really wish Sens would show up, it would make a lot of this deliberation easier.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Probably because I didn't vote. Now, before I went to vote I asked if it was L-1 on Elli. He said he'd been lynched and I couldn't see the point of voting when there was already a lynch. It wasn't until we went to night that I realised it would make me look scummy. You're wrong though.
Nope. Any other guesses, Finchy? Let's put some effort into this guess instead of just looking at jee's case on you...

jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:57 pm

Post by jee »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Nope. Any other guesses, Finchy? Let's put some effort into this guess instead of just looking at jee's case on you...
I'd like to know
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:38 am

Post by Mr Finch »

I'd like to know too. I have re-read the whole thread and can't see what I am supposed to be guessing at.

You're still wrong though.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:37 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Sorry guys, forgot to post that Sens is V/LA until today, the 28th.

totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:32 am

Hey just posting to say I'm back, still waiting on SensFan though...
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Sensyyy....

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”