diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:26 am

Post by diginova »

My second arrived early, and I got into the pitstop around [afternoonish] on 2010.04.17.
Last edited by diginova on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:57 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

My plane touched down at 4:21 PM April 16th.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:42 pm

Post by pablito »

Considering I won't be able to PM saberwolf, I will try to get a hold of him via AIM (I think he has my aim name) and finish up the race leg with him that way.

And I don't think I mind if you guys share arrival times at pitstop since it's not like you can improve your time once you finish. Just be careful on giving away flight arrival times - I actually don't mind - but it can inadvertently help people who haven't yet started the leg if they see your flight times.

The one thing I don't want you revealing is airport and city names.

Status: all but two players are either finished or on the last PM.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:32 am

Post by farside22 »

I saw morph's time and I thought I was dead. Thanks ding for your post

I arrived 10:35 17 Apr 2010 at the pitstop.

Only at one point did I feel I made a big mistake with my points other then that I tried to keep things even for me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:04 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I went so far back....
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:56 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

eliminate saberwolf plz
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:57 am

Post by pablito »

Right now I'm having some computer issues. All files are saved online but i can't access everything using my iPod. I'm still waiting for one person not named saberwolf anyway
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:46 am

Post by pablito »

Anyway, I'm starting leg two tonight even if I don't get responses from the two delayed players. Their destinies will be revealed tonight once I send out the first PMs.
Sup, later.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Rhinox »

yay! :)
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:26 pm

Post by pablito »

12 racers started off at Kitty Hawk in North Carolina on the birthday of Wilbur Wright on a race around the world. However, in this worldwide flight race, players must learn how to navigate the skies quicker than the other players in order to get to the finish line first. Each leg of the race, the last player to arrive is at risk of being eliminated. In the end, only a handful of players will make it to the final leg where the first player across the finish line will take the title of grand champion.

On your marks,
get set,
RACE!

The players quickly opened their clues that told them to make their way to Norfolk International Airport (ORF). Some players opted to bribe their taxi drivers to ensure quick passage. Others decided to save their breath for later. However, danakillsu is the first casualty of this race as he twisted his ankle running off to the taxi and fell into the street, only to be run over by chavo's taxi, who quickly made off toward the airport. 11 players remain!

Over at the airport, chavo was the first to arrive and told to fly to Miami International Airport (MIA), but he was quickly joined by all the other racers within a half hour. Unfortunately for chavo, he was not able to take a flight out of the airport to salvage his lead. Three players left on the first flight out of Norfolk to Miami. All the others managed to find flights that left the airport within two hours of the leaders. All except for saberwolf, who is still trying to figure out how to make it out of the airport. Unfortunately, he currently lives there now and is trapped as a political refugee.

Over in heat of Miami, players were instructed to go to Sergio's Family Restaurant where they had to make 10 litres of chimichurri sauce. Most players were able to find the restaurant quickly and were able to crank out the 10 litres within due time. Keeping up the rear was animorpherv1, but he was able to cut his two hour deficit in half at the task. When they managed to make it back to Miami airport, the players were instructed to fly to tropical Rio de Janeiro.

Most players were able to catch a spot on one of four flights to Rio de Janeiro. Three players managed to find the earliest flight over that arrived at 7:30 am. The others found flights that would get them within two hours of the leaders. Unfortunately, Rhinox found himself alone on the last flight to arrive at 9:10 am.

Over at Rio Airport, players quickly made it out of the airport to hail a cab to Corcovado to make it up to the statue of Cristo el Redentor. Most players had been waiting all day yesterday to finally make the final surge and were able to learn a few words in the local language to get the taxi drivers to go quicker. Rhinox used his time wisely on his flight, as he managed to catch up to the others and even pass up animorpherv1.

Once at the top of Corcovado, the players had to find their way back down the mountain to and find a marked car, which they then had to drive to the lovely resort town of Buzios. Most players were desperate to make it to the pitstop first, as they failed to obey simple rules of the road and speed limits. As this is a race, anything goes and most players managed to get to Buzios in record time. However, very smart flight finding and smart resource management allowed one of the players to arrive at the pitstop in a very clear lead.

Pitstop times

17 Apr 2010
1. 09:25 ShadowLurker
2. 09:55 pickemgenius
3. 10:31 diginova
4. 10:35 farside22
5. 10:50 chavo
5. 10:50 Haylen
7. 11:29 Rhinox
8. 11:33 PHANTOM
9. 12:08 animorpherv1
10. DQ Drench
11. DQ saberwolf
12. DQ danakillsu

This means that
danakillsu, saberwolf and Drench have been DQed along the first leg of the race and were removed. However, this is one of a few predetermined non-elimination legs of the race. Due to the amount of DQs, no player still alive will bear the non-elimination penalty.

Leg 2 of the race will begin right now. Good luck racers.
Last edited by pablito on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by pablito »

I'm considering that the 23-25 equals one day for those who may be travelling or preparing for holiday parties (for those that celebrate) - except for Drench and saberwolf, who need to complete leg 1 by midday wednesday or they will be DQed.

I'm thinking that leg 3 won't begin until the new year or until I get my new computer at least.
Sup, later.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:48 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

I finished.. PM/IM if you want to compare times
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:05 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I've lost. Getting to ATL at 9:18 AM the next day... and wasting 30 (?) points doing it.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:09 am

Post by farside22 »

animorpherv1 wrote:I've lost. Getting to ATL at 9:18 AM the next day... and wasting 30 (?) points doing it.
I was wondering about that especially considering the time waiting to get that flight.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:01 am

Post by pablito »

Drench and saberwolf have failed to complete leg 1 and are both DQed. That means that only 9 racers started leg #2.

This means that if leg #2 is an elimination leg, the last of those 9 racers would be eliminated.
Sup, later.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm done. That flight killed me but I think I made up for it in the long run on one part of the leg near the end.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Rhinox »

FYI:

Posting this everywhere... V/LA because I'm in the hospital having my gallbladder taken out. I should be able to get back online by the weekend. I'll be in the hospital for christmas though :(
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I'M HAVING SOM E COMPUTER ISSUES.

pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Post by pablito »

This week everyone seems to be having availability issues. I'll just wait until everyone can finish at their own pace, especially since you guys were able to post in here and notify in advance. I'm guessing this leg of the race won't finish until the new year then.

On the plus side, my computer issues are done and over with.

I hope everything goes better for you Rhinox and animorpherv1.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:33 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Should be better soon. Not quite everything is up and running yet, but hoping to get some more stuff on the computer today.

ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Will there be yields?
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Post by pablito »

ShadowLurker wrote:Will there be yields?
No. There will be no yields, no fast forwards, no intersections, no u-turns.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:47 pm

Post by pablito »

I'm now crunching down on deadlines and penalties. If you need extra time, just let me know. But failure to respond will no longer be tolerated since the holidays and limited accesses are done with. I just re-sent a PM to everyone still working on this leg.
Sup, later.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Rhinox »

done with the leg.
pablito
pablito