Mini 845 - The Amish Village (Game Over)

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Amished »

Votecount 4-3:

VP Baltar (3): Debonair Danny DiPietro, don_johnson, Ojanen
Percy (3): FishytheFish; VP Baltar; magnus_orion
Debonair Danny DiPietro (1): Percy

Not voting (0):

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline is the night of the 31st of December (or when I get done celebrating the New Year, whichever comes later). No real time allotted, but it'll probably end up being whenever I wake up on the 1st of the New Year.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
magnus_orion wrote:so, no opinion on my post then?
disappointing.
I wanted to hear your thoughts.
I think your Ojanen theory is interesting, but Zach's attack wasn't with any strength so that doesn't sell me on it and I'm far from convinced that his play was somehow a setup to mislynch Oj.

And your Percy point is interesting in an actual useful sort of way. It does seem more than a little stilted to go back through your own quotes to bring something up to make sure you achieve internal consistency so you can push ahead with your case anyways. It seems like concerns about internal consistency would be much more scum driven than town driven.

Mod: Vote Count plz
In reference to my point about Oj, the idea is that when I fake claim, I tend to try to make it out so that I can benefit from several of the ways it could resolve, which seems to me to be the standard approach to doing it.
With that in mind, although Zach ended up forcing the cop to claim, if there was no cop, the way he claimed provided an out for an Oj mislynch. That's the only reason I would guess he would claim he was jailkept.

@Fishy: I don't know, its just, if it wasn't for the person you replaced and POE, I know I would've assumed you town in that game.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

OK. I'd like you to read my input to that game, though. It won't take long.

I'd really like to hear from Percy before deadline - which I believe is now in about 2 days, 19 hours (is this right? no good at timezones). I'd still significantly prefer a Percy lynch to a VP lynch, but it looks like that's not happening, and VP should probably claim.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I actually think someone should hammer scum-Percy before he comes in and gets a mislynch on me.

DDD, seriously, you know as well as me that Percy's scum. Throw that hammer.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:53 am

Post by Percy »

OK I am too drunk right now, but I will post in the morning. Don't lynch me.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:16 am

Post by Fishythefish »

VP Baltar wrote:I actually think someone should hammer scum-Percy before he comes in and gets a mislynch on me.

I don't like this.
unvote

Percy is currently my preferred lynch, but there is time left for him to post and for a claim from someone. Telling someone to quickhammer stinks, even if it is saving your own skin.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, considering I know I'm town, lynching me is bad. I know that if Percy sobers up and comes back he'll have a chance to hammer me, so why would I not want him lynched before than can happen?
YOUR AD HERE

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:36 am

Post by Fishythefish »

You should want a claim from Percy - he may have information of benefit to the town. Your stance here only really adds up if you are very certain he is scum (and your words to DDD imply this as well - why?), which is not what I have got from your previous posts.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

VP Baltar wrote:I actually think someone should hammer scum-Percy before he comes in and gets a mislynch on me.

I know nothing of the sort bucko, it's going to take more than a single good point by Magnus and a panic time push by you to convince me that Percy is a better lynch than you.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

He's on my shortlist of scum and is the only other lynch besides me. If I wasn't at L-1 in a situation where a potential scum can hammer me, I'd be more patient. I mean, think about it, it's not like Percy will have much a chance of survival anyhow. His best strategy is to get a mislynch and talk his way out of it later if he needs to. I'm sure one of the folks voting me can oblige by unvoting me, but until then I am very fine with Percy being the lynch over me.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:

I know nothing of the sort bucko, it's going to take more than a single good point by Magnus and a panic time push by you to convince me that Percy is a better lynch than you.
Then at least get me off L-1 with a scum chance to hammer so I can explain why he's a better choice than me.
YOUR AD HERE

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Amished »

Deadline will probably be 72 hours from this post. Midnight is ~62 hours from right now, but I have plans for NYEve; so it'll be when I wake up, which is normally about

11 AM EST
4 PM GMT
3 AM Eastern Australian Time (something like that)
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:06 am

Post by don_johnson »

VP Baltar wrote: Then at least get me off L-1 with a scum chance to hammer so I can explain why he's a better choice than me.
what exactly is preventing you from "explaining" why he's a better choice than you?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm at work at the moment and don't have time to type up a huge indepth post, but whatever. Do as you like.
YOUR AD HERE

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:24 am

Post by don_johnson »

percy: please don't hammer until vp baltar explains why you are scum and he is not. i really want to hear this.

how's that?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm sure that will stop him. Way to be.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Actually, looking back there is a major error in the vote counts that messed up my perception of Percy today. Jebus had him as voting DDD for the whole day when he had actually switched to Zach after he came back. I missed that cause it's in the middle of one of his posts.

DDD is guaranteed scum, as evidenced by his reaction to the cop claims.

Unvote, Vote: DDD
YOUR AD HERE

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:32 am

Post by don_johnson »

^^ this is ridiculous. you ask for more time to make a case on percy, say you can't do it now because you're at work, then miraculously reread the entire day in 20 minutes and jump on ddd? sorry, but you're just about guaranteeing the vp/percy/zach scumteam. way to go.

somebody hammer vp please.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I didn't reread the entire day, nor did I claim to. I was working on the points that I thought were negatives against Percy's play when I saw a very important vote I had missed before. I'm not going to push something that I was wrong about.

You can lynch me if you want, but just remember tomorrow that DDD is scum. You can apologize to me in endgame.
YOUR AD HERE

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

VP Baltar wrote:I didn't reread the entire day, nor did I claim to. I was working on the points that I thought were negatives against Percy's play when I saw a very important vote I had missed before. I'm not going to push something that I was wrong about.

You can lynch me if you want, but just remember tomorrow that DDD is scum. You can apologize to me in endgame.
Well thanks for the confirmation that you're scum, town VPB would never have made such an amateur move.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Thank the holidays for shit play. Anyhow, remember what I said town. DDD is scum.
YOUR AD HERE

magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:39 am

Post by magnus_orion »

assuming vp batlar scum at this stage implies percy scum, as he would have no reason to unvote a town that could be a potential mislynch to prevent him from being lynched.

assuming percy town, however, makes VP's unvote a bad move for scum.
so percy town implies vp town

These refer only to this situation only, with no other evidence.

herodotus's attacks on sajin were quite aggressive and frequent. I think its safe to take DDD as town.

The attitude toward the reaction to the cop claim from VP is short sighted. It could be that he didn't read throughly or it could be that he went for the easiest target. Either way its a null tell.

I think a vp-percy scum team makes the most sense, but something just feels off, and I can't put my finger on what. This post was generated by writing my thoughts down in an attempt to do just that, but I still can't identify what's bugging me.
Show
Win-Loss
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Percy »

I'm not going to claim. I am going to softclaim, however - I am not vanilla townie, and I am an asset to the town. If you don't lynch me I will claim in full first thing tomorrow morning and demonstrate exactly why I didn't claim in full right now.

Notice how I am not currently hammering VP Baltar. This is for two reasons:

(1) I'm not scum, and
(2) I don't think he's scum either.

See, I've done a quick skim of the game and looked at everyone who is alive in ISO. Two stick out for me:

DDD - Coasting scum. My top pick for scum, hence my vote. Take a look at his attitude towards the Zach wagon in ISO.
magnus - his IAAUN case was never good and I never liked it. Now what's been bothering me more lately has been his on-again, off-again approach to my wagon. He seems to forget previous points against me, votes me for weak reasons, declares me town and unvotes me, before jumping back on my wagon. Currently my #2.

Both of these players make sense to me as Zach's buddy. I'm pretty sure both are scum, now that I've taken a closer look. Whilst VP's main pushes have flipped town (as Ojanen has pointed out), I think the manner he conducted himself is more transparent and reasonable than, say, magnus' push against le Chat/IAAUN and his "case" prevaricating against me.

I still think VP Baltar is somewhat scummy, but I'm not getting strong enough scumvibes from him to hammer - also, he unvoted me, and I think objective vote analysis shows that neither of us are scum after this exchange. How players behave when wagons get close is really important, and since I know I'm town, I'm inclined to believe VP is town as well. magnus and DDD are far superior choices.

To answer questions put to me:
Fishythefish 1216 wrote:I’m saying it’s odd to leave out that post when giving your full opinions on Hero – from what you say here, it feels like you left it out because it disagreed with your read. Which is very much fitting your evidence to your conclusion. Do I misunderstand?
I left that out, but not to try and force a townread. I just didn't think it needed to be stated again.
Fishythefish 1216 wrote:The fact that you, pretty arbitrarily AFAIC, chose DDD over Hero makes you more likely scum. Dismissing this as confirmation bias grates horribly with your earlier praise of vote analysis (IIRC? could have been someone else).
This was my earlier vote analysis:
Percy 1012 wrote:I'm going to have a crack at a vote analysis. Apologies if I missed any votes.

Vote table

1. Claus/Percy - 5 6 8 C 9
C
\\ A 9 A 9 \\ 9
(2 3 4 7 B)

2. ABR/Ojanen - 8 9 7
C
\\ 3 B 9 \\
(1 4 5 6 A)

3. Hero/Zach - 6 C
C
\\ 9
B
\\
(1 2 4 5 7 8 A)

4. Konowa/VP - 8 C 7
C
\\ 8 B 7 9 A
B
\\
(1 2 3 5 6)

5. le Chat/IAAUN - C 8 7
C
\\ 7 3
B
\\ 3
(1 2 4 6 9 A)

6. magnus - B 3 A 1 4 5 \\ 5 \\ 1
(2 7 8 9 C)

7. Nuwen/Fishy - 6 9 8
C
\\ A 9 A 3 A 3
B
\\ 3
(1 2 4 5)

8. red dye/chamber/don - 7 A B \\
B
\\
(1 2 3 4 5 6 9 C)

9. Rosso/Sajin/DDD - \\ A 5
B
\\
(1 2 3 4 6 7 8 C)

A - Artem/SerialClergyman
B - Kairyuu/DeathSauce
C - Mitey/RayFrost
\\ - Day change
bold
- Lynch vote
(...)
- Slots that have not been voted for

Conclusions:
I'm liking the Zach case. His slot has barely participated, yet happened to be on both the mislynching wagons. I'd say he comes off the worst in this analysis. chamber/don comes off only slightly better, but the lurking has been obvious and hurtful.
I think IAAUN's hammer yesterday was good evidence towards his towniness, even though he's been on both wagons.
Both Fishy and VP have jumped around a lot, and they're both on both the lynching wagons. I think changing votes a lot is nullFishymeta, but is VP's as well?
magnus is the only player alive who hasn't been on a mislynching wagon. He's also stated before the flip that he didn't like the cases and that the wagonned player would flip town. Potential scumgambit? I'm not sure. I'm interested to hear his thoughts on IAAUN, given that it's been the slot he's been concentrating on almost all game, though he was linking SC and IAAUN's alignment a lot yesterday. At the moment, though, I think magnus is probably town, and the scum were thinking of this:
magnus_orion 921 wrote:Of course, come to think of it, with the aggressive pursuit, if SC is town, Percy's probably scum.
...when they chose their NK choice last night.
Rosso/Sajin/DDD is the hardest to comment on, so I'm going to do a more detailed read below. Some interactions with the chamber slot are worth noting.
I can't pick anything particularly insightful out of Ojanen's voting history.

Debonair Danny DiPietro

All three players who have had this slot have been very evasive players - Rosso, then Sajin, and finally DDD. Rosso was defended early on by chamber, which I've always been puzzled by, but his playstyle makes it very difficult to read him. Sajin's jumping onto the SC wagon was questionable, and even though he may have had a point to begin with, his continuation was definitely scummy.
I didn't like magnus' case against IAAUN, and DDD's jumping on that wagon was worse than anyone jumping on IAAUN's Fishy wagon. He sustained the argument (IAAUN didn't get votes therefore he's scum), but eventually dropped it and jumped on the deathsauce wagon. That argument has been the only piece of scumhunting he's done since replacing in. Reading him in ISO is quite enlightening - defence, evasion and wagon jumping.

I think this slot is where we'll find scum. I'm keen to hear from don and Zach, as I think those slots are scummy as well.
I am actually quite happy with this post. It was my first real go at doing some objective analysis, and I think I gave pretty clear reasons why I was directing my suspicion where it was. It was hardest to do vote analysis on the DDD slot as it had voted the most infrequently.
magnus_orion 1218 wrote:What strikes me about this most is percy's desire for consistency. He's going out of his way to find a previous statement he made, and excuse himself of it. This strikes me as odd. I think this excuse is occurring because he's found a plausible target (I admit, DDD's opinion on Ojanen is disconcerting) and is trying to force his previous opinions to better conform to it.
I'm very concerned with internal consistency, it's how I make sure nothing slips through the cracks. I often go back and read my older posts when I'm creating new ones, because I usually treat my posts like my notes.

I said earlier that Sajin/Hero interaction suggests they are not scumbuddies. I subsequently revisited that read, and came to a more null conclusion. If I had left out my earlier opinion of this interaction, I would have been called out for inconsistency (in fact, this is kinda like the discussion I'm having with Fishy now). Now that I'm trying to show my thought process and aim for consistency, that's a scumtell too?

It appears magnus is "off again" with my wagon. Also, as Fishy has pointed out, magnus' attitude towards Fishy is quite odd. I think I'm more convinced by my magnus case right now, so
Unvote, Vote: magnus_orion
. magnus should be the lynch today.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

*blinks*
what case?
I wonder weather DDD is still your top pick for scum as you said, seeing as how you switched your vote the way you did.
Show
Win-Loss
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Percy »

Obviously not.

DDD still looks very good for scum, but based on your play today and looking back over your contributions throughout the game, I think you're the most likely scum.

Why would you even ask that question? Do you seriously think I'd vote for someone who wasn't my top pick for scum?

Looks to me like you didn't read my post, but just got upset that I voted you. I've made it pretty clear why my vote is going the way it's going.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”