llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

what made it so interesting? Was it the semi-schizophrenia at the end or my lack of proofreading?

Anyway, as promised, my stupid thoughts about this page. (last page, really, I mean page 5. I think this will be the start of p6. I love getting the vote count!)

I have two things to say here: The first is this: Posting to say you are here without actually saying anything is active lurking (imo). You could at least comment on the post above you, or wait until something has happened. At least say
something
. Now, this is not a problem at all if you don't make a habit of it, so let's try to keep that from happening.

Second, on the alamaster issue. Peabody, I read one of those links, and I can see that alamaster has the same general style of posting (short posts, just stating what he thinks succinctly, without bothering to tell us why) as town, but I don't really see why that means he is not mafia. I guess I'll take your word for it that it is his meta to behave like this as town, but that does not discount the possibility that he is mafia. I see him as scummy, not just because of the lack of content he has put into the game (easily explained away by the whole meta thing) but also because he has been so pushy in addition to not really saying much. The impression I get is that he is behaving close to how he would as town (short posts, to the point) but he is also pushing lynches a little harder than he should. Now that I think about it, he could be a bad townie, but I think scum attempting to try to look like town is more likely.

Certainly you do not mean that this is it, a Paranoia Rebirth?
Suffer-3-Diamondilium, Torqez, MrSuave
AK47x2-2-Peabody, AlmasterGM
Almaster-1-SolemnJ,
Torqez-1-Suffer
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Peabody »

@llama - concerning Almaster:
I read one of Almaster's games briefly (very very briefly) when he had a mafia role. When mafia, he generally puts up longer posts with larger cases, as if he is trying to act town. When he is town, he doesn't need to act town. He is town.

His general protown play looks scummy. That's all I noticed. This is why I haven't really looked at Almaster as an antitown role.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

Interesting. As town he is scummy, as scum he is pro-town. Argggh I hate metas in general.
unvote
then. Also, I lied earlier about actually doing some heavy thinking about page 5. Now, some time between tomorrow and a couple of days after, I'm going to go pick out my next best guess for scum.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Peabody »

llamaeatataco wrote:Interesting. As town he is scummy, as scum he is pro-town. Argggh I hate metas in general.
unvote
then. Also, I lied earlier about actually doing some heavy thinking about page 5. Now, some time between tomorrow and a couple of days after, I'm going to go pick out my next best guess for scum.
Shouldn't we at least wait for Almaster's response to your case against him?
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Post by AK47x2 »

It's tomorrow. Here's my list regarding everyone not mentioned yesterday; i.e. Diamond, qax, rewq, Solemn, Tom and llama.

Diamondilium
: I was suspicious of him at first because of the vote he put on Almaster for no reason. It seemed scummy at the time. Then he explained it. Bit of a strange pseudo-gambit to pull, but it seemed to pay off. I have no problems with him.

qax42
: Has made two real posts. I can't see anything scummy in either of them.

rewq455
: Literally all he says is against Diamond's plan by saying that scum would never quicklynch in such a situation. True, but he does keep on about it. Something about that worries me, but I have no idea what. He's about to be replaced also, so the replacement bears watching, needless to say.

SolemnJ
: Has made one real post. Admittedly it's quite good, but I'd still like to see a lot more out of him. I think he needs to elaborate more; in said post he lays an FoS down on Suffer with the only preceding comment as 'lol'. He also tends to say 'this is scummy', 'this is not scummy' without any reasoning.

Tom
: Nothing. All he's done is question Suffer and Suave for putting Almaster at L-2. And then not followed that up.

llamaeatatacop
: Up until the FoS on me, he's nigh untouchable in terms of scumminess. His schizophrenia is interesting, but having reread it all a couple of times, I don't think it's a scum tell. He just seems to be very pessimistic and not have much faith in his own deductive reasoning. Has unvoted on Almaster solely because of Peabody's knowledge of him on a meta level. Whether that's just practical or suspicious isn't clear yet.

Most scummy

Torquez
MrSuave
Almaster
Suffer
rewq
llama
Tom
SolemnJ
qax
Peabody
Diamondilium
Least scummy
"If I abandon this project I would be a man without dreams and I don't want to live like that"
- Werner Herzog
qax42
qax42
Townie
qax42
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:12 am

Post by qax42 »

@
Town
:

Stop posting lists of people who you think are playing very pro-town! That is
scummy
!

@
Torqez
:

Still waiting on a response to my #97:
qax42, #97 wrote:Your #80 is thus far the weirdest post in this game. You defend Suffer and then vote him with no real justification. Explain your actions (this was already asked of you in #81 indirectly).

Weirdest means scummy.
Following this, Peabody posted his #99 which I also want to see a response by you on.

@
AlmasterGM
:
AlmasterGM, #107 wrote:Same to you.
I assume you mean what you were talking about in 106, which doesn't quite apply to me. Nevertheless: I last posted before #107 in my #104. Before that was #97. In 2 days and 7 posts, nothing I wanted to comment on happened.

Check your facts before you dish out crap.
AlmasterGM, #117 wrote:I'll respond to these badcases on me later.
Well that's mighty convenient. Should I say "thank you"?
AlmasterGM, #117 wrote:In the meantime,
I think we should start a wagon on AK47x2
. The thread 5 pages, it's not that hard to make a substantive post - especially when you find plenty of time to read and whine about being busy.
(emphasis mine)

I find this extremely disturbing.

@
Peabody
:
Peabody, #110 wrote:It looks like extreme lurking. AND lurking is a scumtell.
I do not believe that lurking, especially at this stage in the game, is an indicator of scumminess any better than what color the sky is.

@
AK47x2
:

Firstly, the @Town portion about scum/town lists was aimed mainly at you. Stop doing that.
AK47x2, #123 wrote:Almaster is slightly scummy: My first impression is "Man, he jumps about a hell of a lot as well", but I'm honestly not sure whether that's scummy or just because of D1 and
he's being pragmatic
. What rubs me the wrong way, and
this may well be the OMGUS talking
, but his abandoning of his arguments against Suffer and Suave and leaping onto me seemed rather forced.
(emphasis mine)

Please explain the italicized parts a little more.

@
llamaateataco
:
llamaateataco, #127 wrote:Interesting. As town he is scummy, as scum he is pro-town. Argggh I hate metas in general.
unvote
then.
So you unvoted your lynch candidate based on a third-party meta statement before the person you are suspicious of has even posted a response?
llamaateataco, #127 wrote:Also, I lied earlier about actually doing some heavy thinking about page 5. Now, some time between tomorrow and a couple of days after, I'm going to go pick out my next best guess for scum.
I know this game is about gut calls and reading between words, but it sounds like you flip a coin to pick someone to call scummy and then create a case around them.
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:28 am

Post by AK47x2 »

qax42 wrote:@
AK47x2
:

Firstly, the @Town portion about scum/town lists was aimed mainly at you. Stop doing that.
Really? Seen it work in a few other games. But alright, I was just including the people I don't find scummy for the sake of completion.
qax42 wrote:
AK47x2, #123 wrote:Almaster is slightly scummy: My first impression is "Man, he jumps about a hell of a lot as well", but I'm honestly not sure whether that's scummy or just because of D1 and
he's being pragmatic
. What rubs me the wrong way, and
this may well be the OMGUS talking
, but his abandoning of his arguments against Suffer and Suave and leaping onto me seemed rather forced.
(emphasis mine)

Please explain the italicized parts a little more.
Regarding being pragmatic, I'm saying that I don't know whether Almaster is jumping from target to target because he's scum and trying to accuse as many people as possible of things to get attention off himself, or because it's D1 and he's just calling people on things as it happens. I'd say that in his case it's the second, because he doesn't strike me as being that scummy, or playing like that if he was.

Regarding OMGUS, my initial reaction would be that Almaster forgetting about his suspicions of Suffer and Suave and starting a wagon on me is scummy. But I don't know whether that's just because the wagon's on me, and whether I'd feel differently if the wagon had been started on anyone else.
"If I abandon this project I would be a man without dreams and I don't want to live like that"
- Werner Herzog
qax42
qax42
Townie
qax42
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:52 am

Post by qax42 »

@
AK47x2
:
AK47x2, #131 wrote:Really? Seen it work in a few other games. But alright, I was just including the people I don't find scummy for the sake of completion.
What classifies as "work" in these other games? I would appreciate cited examples of games and specific posts if you can get the time for this, though don't let my little theory tangent get in the way of legitimate scum-hunting.

Making a townie-list is very anti-town play. If you are scum, then you're essentially getting a free pass by the town to day talk to your partner and point out exactly what you are thinking. If you are town, then you're giving the scum excellent ammunition for mislynches and nightkill targets. In both these situations, you risk clouding the judgement of the other town players (which is why I am generally opposed to lists of any kind).

I don't think there are benefits to townie-lists that outweigh these downsides in either number or usefulness. I would be interested in seeing retort to this.

To be fair, any moderately good scum team could do most of this work by observing the players. For example, I have yet to raise suspicions against a few people (this is an example, the real reason is because we're on page 6), and if that continues for a long time, scum could reasonably assume that I think that person is townie. Find a few people who think the same, and there's a perfect nightkill target. This is much, much harder to do when everybody isn't presenting you with a ranked hit list.
AK47x2, #131 wrote:Regarding being pragmatic, I'm saying that I don't know whether Almaster is jumping from target to target because he's scum and trying to accuse as many people as possible of things to get attention off himself, or because it's D1 and he's just calling people on things as it happens. I'd say that in his case it's the second,
because he doesn't strike me as being that scummy
, or playing like that if he was.
(emphasis mine)

You're attributing
a lot
to his perceived play style. Some dubious discussion has gone on about his meta which I'm not going to touch, but in the italicized portion of your quote, I'm interested to know whether you are making a gut call or something based on analysis.
AK47x2, #131 wrote:Regarding OMGUS, my initial reaction would be that Almaster forgetting about his suspicions of Suffer and Suave and starting a wagon on me is scummy. But I don't know whether that's just because the wagon's on me, and whether I'd feel differently if the wagon had been started on anyone else.
That's refreshingly honest and quite a surprising thing to admit. Why?
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:17 am

Post by AK47x2 »

qax42 wrote:What classifies as "work" in these other games? I would appreciate cited examples of games and specific posts if you can get the time for this, though don't let my little theory tangent get in the way of legitimate scum-hunting.
Not a problem. I was mainly thinking of my first game on this site. I brought up the idea of ranked lists because I'd seen it in a few archived newbie games (can't remember which). The IC then said it was a good idea and asked everyone to provide one. The IC was very persuasive and influential and I suppose I assumed that he knew best about this sort of thing. Maybe it's just something they teach newbies. I understand your points about why it's scummy, though, so I'll try to kick that habit.

And by work, I mean that the lists meant town won. And I felt that I was a positive influence to that game, so I guess I assumed that what worked there would work everywhere else.

In case anyone wants a look, here it is.
qax42 wrote:You're attributing
a lot
to his perceived play style. Some dubious discussion has gone on about his meta which I'm not going to touch, but in the italicized portion of your quote, I'm interested to know whether you are making a gut call or something based on analysis.
Gut call. I haven't got around to looking at the games Peabody linked to yet, and so I'm basing it just on my feelings about his play style from this game.
qax42 wrote:That's refreshingly honest and quite a surprising thing to admit. Why?
I know my own weaknesses. Whether it's real life or not, I tend to get quite edgy when people accuse me of things. I remember that from my previous games, and so I'm taking into account that my judgment's likely to be slightly clouded on this.
- Werner Herzog
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

What I've been doing on the almaster issue is sort of flip-flopping, but not quite. At first, I thought he was scum, then peabody pointed out that he is playing townish according to his meta, so I figured he was just playing town, then I realized that he was behaving slightly more pushy, due to the repeated calls for evidence. After that, Peabody pointed out that he was extremely different in a game with him as scum. I'm willing to trust him on this one, because lying about it would be extremely stupid if they were scumbuddies and pointless if they aren't. This is the part where I become flip-floppy. I have sort of come to the conclusion that almaster is scummy. Whether he is scummy town or scummy scum, I am not sure of, but after reconsidering I think I will just go with my original gut feeling. Yes this is similar to his town meta, but it is quite possible that he has noticed he plays differently and is adapting.
vote: almastergm
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Peabody »

Concerning meta - DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying you should base your vote entirely off of a meta. Almaster might be scum, I'm not completely discounting that, but like llama I have a gut as well. My gut feeling, influenced by meta, is that Almaster's actions have not been "scummy". I will seriously have to reconsider on Almaster and be sure my presuppositions aren't blinding me to something.

@AK, I don't believe I have been too "jumpy". Most of my posts are just questions to people who acted suspicious in some sort of way. I will admit that I tend to change my mind easily based upon what other people post, but I do tend to trust my gut. I'm in a position here where I am not getting scum vibes overtly from one specific person. I think its because there are too many people who aren't posting.

mod, can you prod Tom please?

Done.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:33 pm

Post by MrSuave »

whaaaaat!? #2 on the most scummy list? I didn't think people thought that badly of me so soon D:
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:27 pm

Post by AK47x2 »

MrSuave wrote:whaaaaat!? #2 on the most scummy list? I didn't think people thought that badly of me so soon D:
One, that's just me. And two, I don't. Imagine the list with about 50 blank lines between 1 and 2, and that would be it. Torquez is in a whole other league right now.
- Werner Herzog
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Post by Peabody »

MrSuave wrote:whaaaaat!? #2 on the most scummy list? I didn't think people thought that badly of me so soon D:
No defense at all?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:09 pm

Post by Peabody »

I just reread the thread. Current suspicions:

FoS Torqez

FoS Suffer

These two players are my top suspicions, but I don't know which is scummier. Torqez is suspicious mainly due to his posts 64 and 66. In these posts, Torqez accused Diamond of suspecting Almaster when Diamond obviously did not suspect Almaster. Further, he votes Diamond on this faulty supposition, saying that this new vote is random.

Here's a nice contradiction:
Torqez wrote: This doesn't sit well with me. It's RVS, sooner or later someoen would have switched votes for another random reason.

Also, you have such an elaborate reason to be voting for Almaster at such an early stage, no? :?

Unvote. Vote: Diamondilium
In the above quote, Torqez votes Diamondilium. It looks like he has a reason, no? Now watch:
Torqez wrote:It's not. But as far am I'm concerned, we're slowly moving out of RVS, but arn't quite there just yet.

For that reason, I'm fine with my vote on you.
AND
Torqez wrote:Because I don't see anything particularly scummy as of yet from anyone. I don't particularly believe Diamondilium is scum, but it's the only one thing I have at the moment.

For this reason, I could just as easily be voting for anyone else, as part of a random vote from me.

I don't see anythign else to change my vote as of yet, nor do I feel the need to unvote either. Hence not changing my vote.

And me saying "slowly moving out", also relates to the fact that a lot of people havn't changed their votes yet from their initial vote.
The bolded is a clear contradiction. Torqez states first that his vote on Diamond is alright because it is the RVS, and we are slowly moving out of it. Secondly, he states that 'slowly moving out' means that people are changing from initial vote. ... How many random votes do you have Torqez? It seems while everyone is 'slowly moving out' of RVS, you are posting another random vote, thus prolonging RVS?

These are enough reasons to vote Torqez.

-----------------

A future post will tell you all why I suspect Suffer as well.

--------
vote Torqez
for now
Diamondilium
Diamondilium
Goon
Diamondilium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Diamondilium »

llamaeatataco wrote:Diamond, It's just because I'm usually wrong. In my opinion, I think his excuse was bs. That's the way it seems to me, but I'm still paranoid about being wrong.

Now, I don't mean to OMGUS here, but your accusation doesn't exactly make sense. You seem to jump to the conclusions that I both know he is town, that I know that now,
and that I'm not actually being stupid. These are all wrong. My instinct is that he is faking it, but I know myself well enough to believe that it is entirely possible for me to be wrong. My post is not saying what you're saying it's saying, it's saying (say that three times fast) that I think he is scum, but I also think I am wrong. If you can manage to understand what I just said, then I both applaud you and know that now you know what I know I'm (what's with these tongue twisters?) probably wrong, but that I never the less think he is faking it. I'm not going to go into how his claim of no time is weird for irl reasons, but I WILL recap what I already said about it for game reasons. First of all, he has had time to read the thread, AND post that he doesn't have time to post. I also know that for me, reading the thread is 90% of the time I spend on the game.

Basically, It was me saying that I both think he is faking it, and I think that I'm probably wrong... I'm just predicting my own failure, because if I do, it's a win-win. Either I'm right, or I'm right. It's my way of saying that I know that I don't know what I know I know. (that time was on purpose)
Bolded (Mine): This is exactly what I'm accusing you of. And I don't think it's fair to say that I'm jumping to conclusions. My accusation has a premise, you were stating AK47X2's alignment matter- o - factly as if you knew his alignment.
Now, as for the rest of your explanation, I was following along well because you were explaining your mindset and it appeared to be an townie internal struggle. However, the fact that you had stated AK47's alignment as if you had inside info, shifts the mindset to match that of scum.

My opinion on Almaster has not changed.

I don't think the attack on Torqez has any merit, but I'll wait for Torqez to respond first.

The two scummiest people in the game to me are Suffer, and llamaeatataco.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:23 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

Hahahahaha! Diamond, that was some very good BS. I WAS stating something matter - o - factly. However, as I was trying to say in my post, you are wrong about
what
I was saying as a matter of course. I was not saying I knew his alignment, I was saying that I knew that I was most likely wrong. As I have already explained, I am wrong about these things a lot. Interesting that you call me the second most scummy person in the game, based on a single bit of faulty reasoning. It's most likely because it's only page 6, so I don't find it worthy of suspicion, but you should think about taking a few seconds more to consider what you believe. There are two equally logical conclusions to be made from my post: Either I was saying I knew his alignment, or I was saying that I knew that my opinion was most likely wrong.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

raskol replaces rewq455 immediately.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:36 am

Post by AK47x2 »

llamaeatataco wrote:There are two equally logical conclusions to be made from my post: Either I was saying I knew his alignment, or I was saying that I knew that my opinion was most likely wrong.
If one of the logical conclusions to be drawn from your post is that you know my alignment, that's where something's gone wrong. At best it's bad wording. At worst it's practically a confession to being scum.
- Werner Herzog
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Raskol »

Hey everyone, shouldn't take long for me to get caught up. Will try to have some initial thoughts up sometime today.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Raskol »

Raskol wrote:Hey everyone, shouldn't take long for me to get caught up. Will try to have some initial thoughts up sometime today.
Actually, scratch that. Forgot it was New Year's, will do it tomorrow.
Diamondilium
Diamondilium
Goon
Diamondilium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Diamondilium »

llamaeatataco wrote:Hahahahaha! Diamond, that was some very good BS. I WAS stating something matter - o - factly. However, as I was trying to say in my post, you are wrong about
what
I was saying as a matter of course. I was not saying I knew his alignment, I was saying that I knew that I was most likely wrong. As I have already explained, I am wrong about these things a lot. Interesting that you call me the second most scummy person in the game, based on a single bit of faulty reasoning. It's most likely because it's only page 6, so I don't find it worthy of suspicion, but you should think about taking a few seconds more to consider what you believe.
There are two equally logical conclusions to be made from my post: Either I was saying I knew his alignment, or I was saying that I knew that my opinion was most likely wrong.
Bolded (mine): I don't see why these are mutually exclusive: in fact, both are probably true given the circumstances. I mean, you did state that you thought you were wrong
and
AK47X2's alignment matter-of-factly.
I even believed your explanation about thinking you were wrong. The explanation doesn't, however, change the fact that you spoke as if you knew AK47X2's alignment it only explains the remarks about believing yourself to be wrong.
For clarification, claiming that you only stated your degree of correctness matter-of-factly doesn't change the fact that you also stated AK47's alignment matter-of-factly.
You're explanation covers this:
llama wrote:First things first... I was too lazy to post last night. Get over it. Now I'm back, and caught up. And I get to semi-rant about things I think are annoying. First of all, lurking. AK claims to not be posting because of time restraints. This is annoying, because we can't immediately call him scum, he's supposedly just unable to post... Interesting though, that he has enough time to post something like the above post, and apparently keep up completely with the game, and stay on top of things so completely that he can tell who is scummy, and to what degree.
I'm going to feel like a douche when I'm wrong, but FOS: AK
because, even though it's a lame thing to do, I find his claim of being too busy to post very fake. Imo, he just copied what other people said to make it look like he has kept up on things (that would be lying, and he'd be lame for not actually playing the game) , or, the more likely case, that he has had time and been keeping up, but he just powerlurked.
But not this:
llamaeatataco wrote:And as soon as I call him on it, the time constraints go away. Cue the self-loathing when he is telling the truth and flips town...
And yes, you are the second scummiest person to me, but it is still early in the game.
AK47x2 wrote:
llamaeatataco wrote:There are two equally logical conclusions to be made from my post: Either I was saying I knew his alignment, or I was saying that I knew that my opinion was most likely wrong.
If one of the logical conclusions to be drawn from your post is that you know my alignment, that's where something's gone wrong. At best it's bad wording. At worst it's practically a confession to being scum.
QFT. And, I've ruled out bad wording at this point.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by MrSuave »

Peabody wrote:
No defense at all?
was there really somthing to defend?
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:01 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

First things first, I'm going to be V/LA starting tomorrow evening, but I don't know exactly when I'll be back yet, so this is just a heads up, I'll clarify when I post... In about 12 hours or so.

Now, about this whole apparently claiming scum thing:

ak wrote:

And then you totally agree. Thing is, it's completely stupid. You champion this supposed admission as proof positive that I am scum. Based on me supposedly blatantly stating this fact. In public. You are calling me scum because you think I claimed scum. This is the point where I begin to question your motives by the way, because this has crossed from ridiculous to downright suspicious.

diamond wrote:

Bolded (mine): I don't see why these are mutually exclusive: in fact, both are probably true given the circumstances. I mean, you did state that you thought you were wrong and AK47X2's alignment matter-of-factly.
I even believed your explanation about thinking you were wrong. The explanation doesn't, however, change the fact that you spoke as if you knew AK47X2's alignment it only explains the remarks about believing yourself to be wrong.
For clarification, claiming that you only stated your degree of correctness matter-of-factly doesn't change the fact that you also stated AK47's alignment matter-of-factly.

See, this is pretty much the exact point where it crosses the line for me. You see, all the points where you claim that I am claiming to know his alignment are really just me saying I'm probably wrong. On a side note, now that I think about it, me the conclusions are not at all equally logical. Me predicting my own failure is infinitely more likely than blatantly claiming scum.

Diamond:
I've ruled out bad wording at this point.
Read as: I am no longer accepting a logical explanation and will be assuming you just claimed scum. That's essentially what you are saying. You are saying that there is no possibility that it was just a strange way to say "this is what I think, but I think I'm wrong about what I think" and that is most definitely in your mind me claiming scum. The real interesting thing is that (note: this is directed at diamond, I just realized I was using second person now and I'm too lazy to edit, so just replace all the you's with diamond if it's confusing you.) you and AK are together on this. When you look at it, it's ridiculous. The only shred of logic in there was that I didn't explain this line:

llama:
And as soon as I call him on it, the time constraints go away. Cue the self-loathing when he is telling the truth and flips town...

1. This is not me claiming to know his alignment, it is predicting me being wrong.
2. This is not meant to be taken literally. You see, I am a pessimist for a reason. Either something good happens or I at least get to be right.

The explanation for this wording unless you know two things about me. (ignore this if you are one of those paranoid types that thinks everything is an appeal to emotion. This is put here merely to explain the statement, and I believe it does.) First, I really fail at this game. I normally play on a different site, and there I am usually wrong. This is the seed for the pessimism about my suspicions. Second, I doubt myself a lot. This serves to amplify the Negative light that I view my reading of people in.

Now that that's out of the way, There is one last thing that I need to say here. Potential Diamond/Ak scum team? The buddying is pretty hardcore. Diamond first tries (succeeds really) to divert attention away from Ak's very convenient sudden increase in free time, (If you think this is a really stupid scumtell, I'll explain why I think it's suspicious, but I don't want to waste time) and then proceeds to attack me for something extremely far out. AK backs him up. If they aren't scum together, then this behavior doesn't really make sense. They both did things of a buddying nature, even when it was not necessary. Diamond first deflects attention, AK then comes up with some quick bs and Diamond backs him on this. Now that I have (hopefully) explained why this is a stupid thing to attack someone on, I will ask you... Why are you teaming? More importantly, why are you teaming on something so silly?

------
last note... What exactly is the policy for applying scumminess to a replacement? Should all previous activity be ignored, should it be fully applied, or should a medium be reached?

Also, sense the last bit of the post is easy to find, Here I will say that I have a suspicious gaze aimed in the direction of Diamond and AK. (Unless they happen to sit on opposite sides of me in your vision of this game, In which case I switch the gaze from one to the other frequently)
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:04 pm

Post by AK47x2 »

llamaeatataco wrote:And then you totally agree. Thing is, it's completely stupid. You champion this supposed admission as proof positive that I am scum. Based on me supposedly blatantly stating this fact. In public. You are calling me scum because you think I claimed scum. This is the point where I begin to question your motives by the way, because this has crossed from ridiculous to downright suspicious.
Thing is, I don't think you're scum. You're scummy at this point, but I think that's more down to the "being a bit too candid about your assertions" bit. Saying that you're scum based on that is the same as saying "llama is an idiot".
llamaeatataco wrote:Now that that's out of the way, There is one last thing that I need to say here. Potential Diamond/Ak scum team? The buddying is pretty hardcore.
Diamond first tries (succeeds really) to divert attention away from Ak's very convenient sudden increase in free time
, (If you think this is a really stupid scumtell, I'll explain why I think it's suspicious, but I don't want to waste time) and then proceeds to attack me for something extremely far out.
AK backs him up. If they aren't scum together, then this behavior doesn't really make sense.
They both did things of a buddying nature, even when it was not necessary. Diamond first deflects attention, AK then comes up with some quick bs and Diamond backs him on this. Now that I have (hopefully) explained why this is a stupid thing to attack someone on, I will ask you... Why are you teaming? More importantly, why are you teaming on something so silly?
Emphasis mine.

Because nobody can post suspicions of people other than me without "diverting attention away".

And who's buddying? I didn't say "Diamondilium's right, and hey look at this weird thing you just posted". I said "hey look at this weird thing you just posted". I saw something strange, and I commented on it.

I'm not sure how to respond to this because it's so strange. I said something he agreed with. When Almaster said "Hey, AK, you've barely said anything, say more", and Peabody followed up with "Hey, yeah, AK looks like a lurker, I'm voting him", was that buddying? When you said it was suspicious and you thought my absence was BS, were you buddying?

Regarding my absence; if you feel the need to post why you think it's suspicious then sure. But Almaster and Peabody have both expressed suspicion on me along the lines of "he's lurking", and that's really all you need to say to justify suspicion based on that.
- Werner Herzog

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”