Newbie 870 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:00 am

Post by NavyCherub »

I think we should just get Nikola off. He's obviously avoiding the thread at this point while he's under pressure, scummy to me.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Nikanor »

Holy crap, deadline already? I've got about two hours before I have to leave this cafe, so I'll try to get a vote down by then.

ace, why don't you just post that list or whatever you've been promising? Does it really need to wait for Nikola?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:12 am

Post by Nikanor »

Navy, why do you think Nikola is scummy? Lurking under pressure is scummy, I agree, but in your list you put Nikola as 'mafia read,' while you didn't actually say that he was scummy anywhere else in that post. Sure, you had some information (that he avoided reading the thread), but no analysis. I don't know how you can get such a strong read on him with so little information.
Basically, I'm accusing you of knowing too much.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Nikanor »

ace, if you don't post that list by the end of today, I will never forgive you. You know that it's deadline, yet you don't post anything of content. Are you still satisfied with your vote on TKaBN? Why or why not?
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:08 am

Post by NavyCherub »

NikolaSama wrote:I'm a tad lazy to read the 13 pages.
Scum wouldn't need to read the pages because they know who they want dead.
NikolaSama wrote:I'll do the hammer, if one more votes for TKaBN, just to speed the thing up.
Basically saying he'd enjoy hammering, but won't vote otherwise. I find that a bit suspicious.
NikolaSama wrote:Just to give youa sign that I'm still alive. It's hard to read the posts, cause we're having a slight storm here and it makes my connection hazzy.
Don't even really get how this works.

And of course, his avoidance of the thread is my main reason. I admit that it isn't a real heavy case, but I feel like it is the best shot we have this close.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Nikanor »

Navy wrote:And of course, his avoidance of the thread is my main reason. I admit that it isn't a real heavy case, but I feel like it is the best shot we have this close.
That's my reason, too. However, you posted your list on the 27th, and Nikola claimed V/LA on the 25th, so I don't see how you would get 'avoiding the thread' from that.
Vote: NikolaSama.

Nikola is a neutral leaning scummy read to me at the moment, so I have no qualms about lynching him at deadline. If he flips town, though, I suggest everyone keep an eye on Navy tomorrow.
Navy wrote:I think we should just get Nikola off.
This in particular looks like the push for a deadline apathy lynch on a townie.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:31 am

Post by NavyCherub »

Nikanor wrote:That's my reason, too. However, you posted your list on the 27th, and Nikola claimed V/LA on the 25th, so I don't see how you would get 'avoiding the thread' from that.
Oh, you were specifically addressing that post. You'll have to excuse me for that mistake, as the post was a response to the entire thread and it must have slipped my mind.
Nikanor wrote:This in particular looks like the push for a deadline apathy lynch on a townie.
I suppose you could see it that way, it isn't worded in the best manner. What I intended with that post was to support my current vote as a candidate for the deadline lynch, and I hope you don't disagree with a sort of "policy lynch" (correct me if I am using that term wrong) the day of the deadline.
Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Shrinehme »

Nikanor wrote:
Vote: NikolaSama.

Nikola is a neutral leaning scummy read to me at the moment, so I have no qualms about lynching him at deadline. If he flips town, though, I suggest everyone keep an eye on Navy tomorrow.
I guess it's nice to know your read on him now that deadline his here and he's a pretty easy lynch. :|
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Netopalis »

*sigh*

Nikanor, if this is a mislynch, I will place the blame for the town loss at your feet.

Vote: NikolaSama

Already stated reasons at the beginning of this day, and they haven't changed.

Individual other reads:

ace5993 - Winner of the most improved award. Today's posting has been very good, and he's moved himself off of the scum list.
Shrinehme - Excellent, excellent posting - it largely makes up for the hole caused by Nikanor today.
NavyCherub - Again, absolutely fantastic. If either he or Shrinehme are scum, I will be absolutely shocked. I attribute much of the game's restarts to their postings.
Nikanor - Would be willing to lynch. Yesterday's play was quite poor, and a good IC would have replaced out long ago. I almost feel as if he is intentionally trying to drag the game down - he's been at cafes and several places to make solid posts, but simply has chosen to cut them in half - probably to hit the deadline. NikolaSama and Nikanor are my best bet for the scumteam right now. Please note that if there is a tomorrow, Nikanor, your play had best improve dramatically, as I will most likely be filing a complaint with the listmod.
Tokillablockingnerd - waiting to hear from the replacement before I decide
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Oh, and Shrinehme, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that you wanted to hear from Dana and Nikola before the rest of us posted because you didn't want to give the lurkers pre-fabricated reads to use against everybody else. It was clearly the right play, and I endorse it 100%.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by almightybob »

Votecount 2.3

Nikanor - 1 (Shrinehme)
Tokillablockingnerd - 1 (ace5993)
ace5993 - 1 (Tokillablockingnerd)
NikolaSama - 3 (Netopalis, NavyCherub, Nikanor)

Not voting - 1 (NikolaSama)

With 7 alive, it's
votes to lynch!

Note: at deadline, only 3 votes will be required for a lynch to take place.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Ugh. Nevermind, this isn't LYLO, there will definitely be a tomorrow. Still, my reasoning above largely stands.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Yeah, I'm a shitty IC. Don't worry, I won't be doing it again. And yeah, I'll be doing better tomorrow.
*Obligatory comments about lylo being tomorrow, not today*
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Actually I was hoping for more content first before I posted a list, my views on Neto, Nika, and TKaBN I have outlined clearly already (although I am moving TKaBN into purgatory until his replacement arrived). Shrine is looking town right now, Navy is neutral, and Niko is leaning scum, although I won't hammer because he has enough votes already. I am unfortunately writing this on the goddamn psp again, but I hope to get access to a computer before night starts :/
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Ran out of room to add this last post but Nika is looking more and more like scum with every post he makes. Definitely a lynch possibity for tommorow.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by Nikanor »

ace wrote:Definitely a lynch possibity for tommorow.
1) Why not today?
2) In your last post you implied that you still thought I was town ('my views on Neto, Nika, and TKaBN I have outlined clearly already'). Why does it change when you post the second part of your post? I see inconsistencies.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Nikanor, I'll go ahead and answer that one for Ace since he's a bit busy: The only reason that I am not pushing for your lynch today is because we simply don't have time to organize a new wagon without no-lynching. You're escaping not due to anybody thinking you're town, but due to the simple fact that we have no time to switch over.

I'd ask that if you don't have time to catch up tomorrow, please replace out.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Neto wrote:You're escaping not due to anybody thinking you're town, but due to the simple fact that we have no time to switch over.
Escaping? It is no escape to continue to live in this hell, killing each other off in the hopes that we'll get to live another night. No... death, now that's true escape.
Neto wrote:I'd ask that if you don't have time to catch up tomorrow, please replace out.
I'll be fully operational come Wednesday, do not you worry.
Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

I guess I won't mind hammering, but I'm not sure when the exact time of the deadline is... I don't see it listed anywhere. Does anyone else mind? [
Can you keep deadline in vote counts from now on?
]
Netopalis wrote:Oh, and Shrinehme, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that you wanted to hear from Dana and Nikola before the rest of us posted because you didn't want to give the lurkers pre-fabricated reads to use against everybody else. It was clearly the right play, and I endorse it 100%.
Yeah...

If Nikola flips Town, and I die overnight, please please PLEASE look at Nikanor or TKaBN tomorrow. <.<
[^ just in case I don't have a chance to make another post before Night]
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:27 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Shrine: As far as I'm concerned, Nikanor has a ton of explaining to do tomorrow. It will take a lot of convincing for me to not auto-vote him. Absolutely pitiful, really.

almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:13 am

Post by almightybob »

Votecount 2.4

Nikanor - 1 (Shrinehme)
Tokillablockingnerd - 1 (ace5993)
ace5993 - 1 (Tokillablockingnerd)
NikolaSama - 3 (Netopalis, NavyCherub, Nikanor)

Not voting - 1 (NikolaSama)
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:16 am

Post by almightybob »

NikolaSama is dragged to the gallows, kicking and screaming the whole way. As the trapdoor opens and he drops to his death, the whole Town rejoices.

NikolaSama,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched on Day 2.

It is now
NIGHT
. This thread will be locked until the beginning of Day 3.
All Night choices must be submitted via PM within 72 hours of this post
(NB: any Night replacements will cause an extension of this deadline, regardless of role). If you do not submit a choice in time, I will assume you do not want to use your ability.
You may not communicate with any other player unless your role permits it. You may still PM me at any time.
I'm a townie! Honest!

almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:45 am

Post by almightybob »

Apologies everyone, I had an unexpected and involuntary V/LA there. Back now, and on top of things.
Ahem...

Day breaks on this sleepy village for the third time, and the body count is spiralling up. Poor Shrinehme's body lies pinned to her door... and trailed along the town hall steps... and bobbing gently in the fountain. Someone really did a number on her. But who?

Shrinehme,
Townie
, was killed on Night 2.

DAY 3 BEGINS

Current deadline is
31st January
With 5 players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

Scum these days are so
rude
!
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by almightybob »

Mega super big thanks to SeerPenguin, who replaces Tokillablockingnerd.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”