Mafia 107 - Christmas Time Mafia (Game over)

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Nicodemus wrote:
Tarballs wrote:
EtherealCookie has requested to be replaced.
I know I'm treading in WIFOM territory here, but I'm pretty sure this makes EC town. He expressed his frustration with the amount of newbies several times in this thread, and since he wants to get replaced I'd say that it's a safe bet it's because he's town who can't stand playing with us anymore. If he were mafia, on the other hand, he'd love the confusion and mistakes that are flying left and right, and would have no reason to leave.

EC and EC's replacement (whenever Tarballs finds one) are now likely townie in my eyes.
I find your analysis to be troubling and suspect. You make dangerous and anti-town assumptions based on self-confessed poor, unsustainable reasoning that has no evidence to back it up. The opinions you ascribe to him are not supported by the evidence of his own words, which fail to support a ragequit, and are at best wild, unfounded speculation and at worst an attempt to blatantly mislead the town. I am pretty unimpressed by significant amounts of your analysis so far.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:LOL, really?

he quit because he couldnt keep up.
he quit because he was vanilla townie and bored.
he quit because he was mafia and I asked him to participate and he freaked.
he quit becasue god opened up the heavens and told him he had too.

the result is the same, we get a replacement.

is speculating helping us find scum?
No, it's not. EC waqs only in one game. There is nothing to indicate why he quit. Speculation is unhelpful, since the evidence doesn't exxist to support any particular conclusion and engaging in pointless arguments over irrelevencies is anti-town. Who cares why he left? All that matters is whether he's scum or not?
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Also, the noise generated by the replacement means diddin might miss this.
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Question: diddin, DragonsofSummer, InflatablePie, NavyCherub - why so bandwagonwhorish?
diddin wrote:...
DragonsofSummer wrote:@DizzyIzzy: I was on a rvs wagon, 2 wagons I agreed with (one of which I still would have no problem lynching, Richard), and I started the Sora wagon.
InflatablePie wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Question: diddin, DragonsofSummer, InflatablePie, NavyCherub - why so bandwagonwhorish?
I believe I've already said why I voted and unvoted TL and Richard. As for soras, I believe I mentioned why I found him scummy - NA spec, claiming newbisheness, saying he wasn't gonna vote at all early in Day (and seemingly retracting, saying he meant Real Life day, maybe I read wrong), as well as noting it was partly for pressure in 548. He hasn't responded too well in my eyes.
NavyCherub wrote:If you elaborate a bit more I think I can answer your question more clearly, but my response to just this is that I haven't had the opportunity to start a decent wagon myself yet. However, I do feel like I give my opinion where it matters, so my "bandwagoning" is brought with a bit more substance.
diddin needs to answer this.
Show
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Annachie wrote:Probably time for everyone to do an ISO read, not post read, of EC then.
Eh, you're right. I just re-read the EC in ISO and he only made one or two comments about newbs, and never really said that he was "frustrated" with them. Also, I found this quote:
EtherealCookie wrote:
ready2rock wrote:I'm pushing my content post until tomorrow. School is resuming for me and I need to stay on top of things, which means I will be a little less active than I have been and won't be on except for weeknights and weekends. Just a heads-up.
Same here.
which suggests that he is busy IRL and so probably would have more incentive to drop out of games than just boredom/frustration.

Sorry for disrupting the thread.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Parama »

Well I guess now I'm focused on this game and this game alone :/
I got Daykilled out of one game (R-SURVIVAL) earlier this morning and NKed out of a second (Mafia 106) just a bit ago <.< And with a game at LyLo a 3rd death is not out of the question <___<
So yeah I'll probably be posting more here now.
Anyways, see why replacement speculating is just as pointless as Night Action speculating? It's all basically one giant WIFOM that is completely irrelevant, it just shortens our time for more focused scumhunting.
That being said, when was the last time diddin posted, anyways? mal obviously NEEDS to be replaced as well. Unless he stops lurking, of course, which is unlikely.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by diddin »

I'm still alive, school's just back in and I have other stuff to do.

@Fugi: my 3 prime suspects are:

1.sorasgoof: generally just makes scummy statements and tries to noobclaim and bus Richard. Tends to play more aggressively against who he thinks is scum

2. RichardGHP: Bad voting habits, noobclaiming, and somehow thinking saying inb4 before someone calls him on something makes it a moot point. The only reason he's on here is his Jack claim could potentially be a lie and if soras flips town, he's likely mafia. I'd definitely keep him alive until we can hear how uses his supposed night actions.

3 malpascp. malpscp for lurking until we find out why, and Parama because of his eagerness for a Richard or soras lynch.

I would like to hear more from DragonsofSummer and Konowa.

@Dizzy: I feel as if I've been able to defend my points better on my recent votes for soras and Richard than my vote for TL. I actually think soras is scum and have defended my reasoning on my vote for him on a few occasions.

Also, lulz at Bogre suggesting a wagon on people who have been wagoning. Hypocritical, much?
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by diddin »

EBWOP: I posted last night Parama, and also, I will be away from home this evening and may not be able to post until either late tonight or tomorrow after school.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by Fugitive »

@ diddin - Who do you suspect is mostly likely town.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

diddin wrote: @Fugi: my 3 prime suspects are:

1.sorasgoof: generally just makes scummy statements and tries to noobclaim and bus Richard.
So you still think BOTH of us are mafia? Also, bussing goes both ways, pretty much. In your view, you don't think Richard is "bussing" me?

Of course, it really isn't bussing at all. Bussing requires both people to be mafia. :/
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

diddin wrote:RichardGHP: Somehow thinking saying inb4 before someone calls him on something makes it a moot point.
I don't do it exclusively for that purpose, I just sometimes want to say something but it occasionally comes across as hyopcritical. By saying inb4 X I acknowledge in advance that I know my actions are hypocritical/stupid in the eyes of others/whatever, and, as you say, invalidates any arguments made a against it
to a very small extent.
(Key part)

diddin, I would also like to hear you top town suspects.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

diddin wrote:1.sorasgoof: generally just makes scummy statements and tries to noobclaim and
bus Richard.
Tends to play more aggressively against who he thinks is scum

2. RichardGHP: Bad voting habits, noobclaiming, and somehow thinking saying inb4 before someone calls him on something makes it a moot point.
The only reason he's on here is his Jack claim could potentially be a lie and if soras flips town, he's likely mafia.
I'd definitely keep him alive until we can hear how uses his supposed night actions.
See, this doesn't work both ways. Why is soras obvscum for bussing Richard, but Richard is only mafia if he is lying about being a Jack or if soras is town? If soras and Richard are bussing each other, then they are both mafia. I don't like your contradictory reasoning here.
diddin wrote:@Dizzy: I feel as if I've been able to defend my points better on my recent votes for soras and Richard than my vote for TL. I actually think soras is scum and have defended my reasoning on my vote for him on a few occasions.
This is terrible. Not only did you completely miss the point of the question, your response is that you didn't have much evidence for TL, but you've sure nailed soras and Richard! So basically you didn't believe in the TL lynch at all, but since voting for him was the cool thing to do you jumped right on. Yeah, that's exactly the opposite of a good explanation for your bandwagoning.

Also, you "actually" think soras is scum? Well good for you! Too bad about Richard and TL, who you apparently didn't think were scum but were voting to lynch anyway. If you didn't "actually" think Richard or TL were scum, then why did you vote for them exactly? Because you were bandwaggoning any likely mislynch? Seems plausible.

And Bogre is being quite unhypocritical with his suggestion of bandwagons for bandwagoners, and is actually being rather smart. Why should we let bandwagoners get away with voting for the lynch-ee of the moment? Short answer: we shouldn't.

I still like soras for the lynch, but I'm definitely going to
FoS: diddin
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Nicodemus wrote: but I'm definitely going to
FoS: diddin
I approve
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by ready2rock »

@ckd: I asked you to answer those questions from 10 pages ago because you have avoided them for 10 pages and I think that most of those questions are still important now.

Also, did you read the post that it was in? I said that I have this thing now that I am involved in again called SCHOOL, meaning I am not home most of the day. I said that my content was COMING SOON and I will start working on it now.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by ready2rock »

More than half of the players done. I cannot get it all done tonight, but if you want me to post what I have so far, I will.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by TheLonging »

ready2rock: I'd like to read what you have posted so far actually. Interested in it.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Speculating, speculating, and speculating about speculating. Makes my head hurt, really. Those who pay more attention to the setup than players' actions early on are people to keep an eye on, IMO.

@r2r: I say go for it. It could cause some good discussion, which is never bad.

diddin's looking worse, in my eyes, as well as a few others'. I'm pretty sure at this point, no one would be opposed to a diddin lynch either? I may be wrong.

Hmm... where'd Raven go? And Konowa?
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by TheLonging »

I saw Raven in these forums yesterday night.

Isn't Konowa on V/LA?
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by Annachie »

Pie, how many games have you played in?

You don't aound like most of the other '24ths' (TL, Didd, Rich, etc)
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Annachie wrote:Pie, how many games have you played in?

You don't aound like most of the other '24ths' (TL, Didd, Rich, etc)
I know he's played in at least two, possibly more.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Irrelevant. But if you must know, I've been in 2 (on D2 of a third - 48 hour days BTW) GameFAQs forum games, one game from ScoreHero (as most of this game knows).

So about four other games. I fully completed about two of them when I joined this one, IIRC.

And Konowa said he'd be V/LA till this past Monday. And has posted saying he needs to catch up, I think.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by ready2rock »

curiouskarmadog: I think you guys know my views on him, but my vote is doing NOTHING where it’s at, so I will
unvote
for now. Also, if you could answer my questions from 432, that would be great.

Bogre: Getting pro-town vibes from him. Posts good content

Annachie: posts aren’t very in depth, but does bring up some good points. Neutral.

DizzyIzzyB13: Why is your vote still on CSL? Why not unvote? Lurking. Only posts when asked something and doesn’t contribute much.

DragonsofSummer: I don’t like 394 (about not posting content and gut feelings) “If I don't feel like it I never have to give a reason for anything” and he hasn’t. I also don’t like his condescending tone

EtherealCookie: I’m not liking his “I’ve done nothing scummy” claim (450). See above. These 2 have very similar play that I don’t like at all. (I typed this up before he was getting replace and I think that Nicodemus made a good point)

Konowa: awaiting his thoughts on the events of today

malpascp: POST SOMETHING ALREADY!!!

RichardGHP: I think that this calls for an ¯\(°_o)/¯

CCARaven4: Lurking. Has posted ZERO original content in the thread. I also don’t like how in his post 82, he said that his reasoning for TheLonging wasn’t enough to act on, yet after a wagon had formed on TheLonging, he said that he would have voted for him for the exact same reasoning as post 82 if it wasn’t for his claim, saying that he would have been “completely confident in a hammer” (153). Has not posted for a while.

InflatablePie: Side note: managed to call Fugitive “fugi”, “fuji”, and “fuigi” in the same paragraph (45). Seems to post good content and ask good questions to people. Has been suspicious of sorasgoof for a while.

Also, in general, I'm getting sick of people saying that they have posted the answer to a question already. Either just answer it again or link to where you said it because obviously I either didn't see your answer or didn't think it was good enough.[/rant]
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Fugitive »

ready2rock wrote:managed to call Fugitive “fugi”, “fuji”, and “fuigi” in the same paragraph (45).
He does it on purpose because in one game he started addressing me as "Fuji" because he was typing it aesthetically and not even realizing it. So now he'll spell my name however he feels. If you really want to be picky Annachie keeps spelling my name "Fugative" and not even on purpose.

Looking forward to my r2r review.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Fugitive wrote: If you really want to be picky Annachie keeps spelling my name "Fugative" and not even on purpose.
That's Aussies for you. :P

Anyway.
r2r wrote:RichardGHP: I think that this calls for an ¯\(°_o)/¯
lol'd at this. More content would have been nice but I see what you're saying.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Fugitive wrote:
ready2rock wrote:managed to call Fugitive “fugi”, “fuji”, and “fuigi” in the same paragraph (45).
He does it on purpose because in one game he started addressing me as "Fuji" because he was typing it aesthetically and not even realizing it. So now he'll spell my name however he feels.
What Fugitive (a.k.a. "It's-a-me! Fuigi!") said.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Maybe I need some
cute
names for you
Pie
. :wink:

Heh, cutie pie :oops:

GAME CONTENT:

Still waiting on diddin to give me his top 3 town suspects. Then I'll have some content and probably a vote.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”