Mini 897 - OpenSource Mafia - Game over!!

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:32 am

Post by Glork »

In fact (and you're going to love this, and I sincerely apologize for the quadruple post),
Unvote, Vote: Phate
. I just looked over Vala's posting, and Phate's posting, and I have no idea how he's slid under the radar this long, but he stands out quite a bit to me now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:46 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

SSK wrote:
#2. MAybe UK for being slightly dodgy
Dodgy? Could you elaborate?
SSK wrote:
Because that would be a role based reason to vote him and thusly he's not on my list. And of course anyone who tries to undermine the truth is scummy.
Does your role PM confirm your sanity in such a way that you KNOW it's the truth?
Phate wrote: Actually, I've changed my mind. Let's massclaim tomorrow.

At any rate, JL is still definitely the best lynch.

Vote: Faraday
You do realize this will make you look TERRIBLE should Faraday be lynched and flip cop.

Faraday wrote:

SSK certainly isn't behaving like someone with information on someone being scum either, I mean if I'd got a guilty I'd at least want the person I got it on lynched, it'd give some information, but he just doesn't seem to care.
I'd like to think he trusts me, but that would kinda be precluded by him accusing me, ne? I do agree he's a little fishier.
Glork wrote:
The partial-reveal means that dead players will be revealed as "Guilty" or "Innocent" without additional information. This jives perfectly with what Faraday claimed as getting for his investigation results, so either he happened to guess at how alignments/investigations would work (very highly unlikely), he had inside information about reveals as scum (unlikely at best, though possible), or he's telling the truth.
This would have been my guess, but do you have anything that supports this officially, or is it conjecture? Rather important to establish, IMO.

Glork wrote:
One thing that struck me this morning: If I were scum, I'd probably want to keep the cops alive, at least as long as they continue to put faith into their own investigations. I'm not really sure how this reflects on me, since I've stated that I 100% believe Faraday's claim, but take it for what it's worth.
Glork wrote:
I will also go on record to state that at least one of the players who just tried to re-rail the JL/Faraday lynch {Phate, SB, SSK} is probably scum. I'm still willing to accept SB as innocent given the manner in which she partial-claimed, so SSK and Phate are both up on my list of potential scums.

Please resolve the apparent contradiction.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:53 am

Thank you, SlySly, for the random quote fix. Well done :P.

I shall deign to read Vala then ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Glork »

UncertainKitten wrote:
Glork wrote:
One thing that struck me this morning: If I were scum, I'd probably want to keep the cops alive, at least as long as they continue to put faith into their own investigations. I'm not really sure how this reflects on me, since I've stated that I 100% believe Faraday's claim, but take it for what it's worth.
Glork wrote:
I will also go on record to state that at least one of the players who just tried to re-rail the JL/Faraday lynch {Phate, SB, SSK} is probably scum. I'm still willing to accept SB as innocent given the manner in which she partial-claimed, so SSK and Phate are both up on my list of potential scums.

Please resolve the apparent contradiction.
I am not your average MafiaScum player. I'm pretty sure I (still) don't think like most people do.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:54 am

Glork wrote: I am not your average MafiaScum player. I'm pretty sure I (still) don't think like most people do.
Even so, if it's possible, there's probably an explanation for the apparent contradiction. I wouldn't mind it being resolved, since I'm reasonably sure someone as celebrated as you also has the ability to on some level explain their thought process.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Glork »

UK wrote:This would have been my guess, but do you have anything that supports this officially, or is it conjecture? Rather important to establish, IMO.
Official.

Also, to elaborate on the previous point: Scum knee-jerk reaction is "COP! GET IT KILLED!" I'm pretty sure that, given SSK's "99% certainty" of information earlier, that your average player isn't thinking "a cop in a bastard game can do more harm than good." Fishy seems to have recognized this, even going as far as to use it as reasoning to keep his vote on Faraday, so he's lower on my list. Most players, I think, would hold to that initial reaction without thinking "How can I use this Cop to screw over the town?" Heck, the fact that "I would keep the Cop alive" didn't occur to me until today, should tell you that those two posts aren't inconsistent.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:59 am

Glork wrote:
Also, to elaborate on the previous point: Scum knee-jerk reaction is "COP! GET IT KILLED!" I'm pretty sure that, given SSK's "99% certainty" of information earlier, that your average player isn't thinking "a cop in a bastard game can do more harm than good." Fishy seems to have recognized this, even going as far as to use it as reasoning to keep his vote on Faraday, so he's lower on my list. Most players, I think, would hold to that initial reaction without thinking "How can I use this Cop to screw over the town?" Heck, the fact that "I would keep the Cop alive" didn't occur to me until today, should tell you that those two posts aren't inconsistent.
Understood. To be fair, I technically could have been considered as someone finding the idea of a bastard cop harmful in that I derailed the Vaya lynch to do a confirmation check.

I'm unsure what this would mean though.

Anyway, been looking at Vala. It's kinda scary when your first 9 posts of the game are all IIoA and I don't see a stop to it in sight.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Glork »

I don't think it means much, because I think it takes a certain deviousness and level of bastard-familiarity that most (if not all) of us are lacking. Heck, I played in the first official Bastard Mafia
as scum
and the thought had never occurred to me until just a short while ago.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:12 am

And...indeed the IIoA continues. I can't believe that that, coupled with the crazy Battle Royale theory didn't ping everyone's radar. But yeah, all 15 posts involve ZERO scumhunting and 15 posts of IIoA. Actually more like 13, since I can't include the replacement request posts.

/me reads Phate

Phate's first real post is decent, all things considered.

Too bad it drops to an obsession with Josh, and more importantly his activity, whereas with the case stated he could move on to interacting with other players.

This is basically a sarcastic confession. Why did no one notice this?

Then the call for massclaim and more tunneling on JL and...nothing else.

I am suddenly VERY comfortable with
Unvote, Vote Phate
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Iecerint »

Vala was pretty vapid, but she wasn't as vapid as Pom. So if that's all there is, this is a little silly. There was this, though:
Vala Mal Doran wrote:Your response just prompted me to re-read my role PM, and it does in fact mention town.
I didn't think much of it at the time, but it's potentially, ye know, damage control.

I liked Phate up until the utterly bizarre massclaim request (quickly retracted) and his continuing to target Faraday. I would normally dispute that FT's providing a "better reason" ("Cops don't matter!") for his continuing support for Farawagon exonerates him, but the fact that's he's claimed CrApple Miller does help him more than it would otherwise.

Phate, why did you originally request a massclaim?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Glork wrote:In fact (and you're going to love this, and I sincerely apologize for the quadruple post),
. I just looked over Vala's posting, and Phate's posting, and I have no idea how he's slid under the radar this long, but he stands out quite a bit to me now.
This, plus the repeated call for massclaim, and the vote on Faraday after his cop claim? I can't not
Vote: Phate
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Faraday »

Pomegranate wrote:
Glork wrote:In fact (and you're going to love this, and I sincerely apologize for the quadruple post),
This, plus the repeated call for massclaim, and the vote on Faraday after his cop claim? I can't not
Repeated? eh, he's done it once.

Have you previously expressed any suspicioun of Vala/Phate, Pom?

I ctrl+ F'd your posts and didn't really see you mention them in a negative light at all up till now.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Faraday wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
Repeated? eh, he's done it once.
Twice, actually. Once for today, and once saying that we do it first thing tomorrow.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Pomegranate wrote:This, plus the repeated call for massclaim, and the vote on Faraday after his cop claim? I can't not
Oh look, a wagon, let me quick get on it.

Scum-E.
UK wrote:This is basically a sarcastic confession. Why did no one notice this?
I personally don't buy your argument. I have entertained making (and have possibly made, IIRC) posts like that as town before. I don't see how honesty is a scumtell.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:56 pm

Alm wrote:
I personally don't buy your argument. I have entertained making (and have possibly made, IIRC) posts like that as town before. I don't see how honesty is a scumtell.
It is more liable that scum would hang a lampshade on antitown behavior as opposed to town.

Also, why do you suddenly decide to defend Phate half heartedly, and only counter one of my points anyway?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Wait, wait, wait, I got lost a few pages ago between Faraday's claim, SSK and Phate. What's with Phate? Other than wanting to lynch Faraday (which I can't say much about).
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

He's done very little, and has suggested mass-claim.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

UncertainKitten wrote:It is more liable that scum would hang a lampshade on antitown behavior as opposed to town.
Why?
UK wrote:Also, why do you suddenly decide to defend Phate half heartedly, and only counter one of my points anyway?
Because my defense IS half-hearted. I agree with the other arguments against Phate. I just disagree with that particular part of the accusation.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:42 pm

S_B wrote: Wait, wait, wait, I got lost a few pages ago between Faraday's claim, SSK and Phate. What's with Phate? Other than wanting to lynch Faraday (which I can't say much about).
Iso him and decide.
Alm wrote:
Why?
I think the page I linked explains it well enough, actually.
Alm wrote:
Because my defense IS half-hearted. I agree with the other arguments against Phate. I just disagree with that particular part of the accusation.
then you're just being nitpicky ^-^. But fair enough.

Also, Pom seems to be following the wagon with just about as much effort as you defended Phate with...dunno what to do here.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Faraday »

Today is deadline, right? Come on. Sociopath has been posting in other games, stop avoiding this one.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:58 am

Post by Faraday »

Oh right, sorry it's next Friday. MY bad.

Votecount plz mod
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Phate »

Pomegranate wrote:He's done very little, and has suggested mass-claim.
I would like for you (not anyone else, until she's had a crack at it) to explain exactly why suggesting a mass-claim is scummy.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:16 am

Post by Iecerint »

(After she's done so, please answer my question.)
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:28 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Phate wrote:
I would like for you (not anyone else, until she's had a crack at it) to explain exactly why suggesting a mass-claim is scummy.
I want to hear this as well.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Phate wrote:
I don't have time to explain fully right now (due to my weekly V/LA). Mass-claim is generally a bad idea in early game because once PRs are outed, then often they're killed soon after. Yes, we can coordinate our night actions better, but it's a trade off, because usually the mafia NK the PRs ASAP. That's the basic reason not to mass-claim early in the game.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”