Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:38 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Your gut was right. And totally caught me off-guard.

This situation happened to me in a game recently. It was like Day 7 and this one guy that everyone had been calling town was still around. I voted him off the bat but then got distracted by other things. Guess what he turned out to be.

And yeah, this is why I kept foilist around. I figured he'd be useful in endgame. Impressive scumdar tho.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:44 am

Post by foilist13 »

Dammit mordy!! That was not my fault
in any way, shape, or form. You fucked it up. There was no logical reason to vote me at all. That was an OMGUS vote and you know it. Innocuous comment my ass. Have you ever played before? Seriously?

Whatever, I found the scum. I was right, you were wrong, so I feel vindicated.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:59 am

Post by foilist13 »

Good play papa. Mordy was too thick headed for me to win foilist/papa, no matter what I might bring up. He was always going to go with his "gut" which translated into attacking me as soon as I started talking just because he doesn't like me. There hasn't been anything wrong with my play since D1. That's just when I lost my credibility.

He voted me out of OMGUS, becuase he can't understand the difference between people he doesn't like and scum. Seriously, maybe a fourth of scum players actually come off abrasive most if the time.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Nah. His gut said I was scum, his head said you were. It's a tough decision. I've been there before.

Honestly foilist there was reason to vote you. My case wasn't completely air.

And uh yeah, you did catch me in a contradiction. :D I forgot I wrote that days ago.
Kappa
Just Monika
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:18 am

Post by MordyS »

Seriously foilist13, if you can't see it now, maybe you'll come back in a few years and reread this thread. You were kept around because you were scummy. I could write a multipage list of all the scummy things you've done this game. My final question was who to go with; the guy who wasn't particularly scummy or the guy who was so scummy as to be almost impossible to believe. At first I went with Papa Zito but then you dug in and made yourself look scummier and scummier. Like how you went from suspecting me 100% to voting for Papa Zito the moment it became clear Papa Zito was going to vote for you. The moment he basically said you were his vote, you totally abandoned your case on me. Moreover your game was sloppy and full of name screwups (Gammagooey/Mordy in the first day more noticeably) you made cases that didn't make sense (siding with archaebob two days ago) and totally incoherent at times. I'm not saying you're a bad person, and I hold no ill will towards you, but you made the final choice remarkably difficult for me and if you played a little better during the game, it would've turned out differently.

Which is to say: You may not have felt that you being scummy was a problem, but it clearly was. Maybe you felt it didn't matter. I have a hard time believing you actually believed you weren't coming off scummy. In the end though there was just too much awful play coming from you. I could've never forgiven myself if I voted Papa Zito and you turned out to be scum. It would've meant I was ignoring a thousand scumtells from your direction and latching onto one or two from Papa Zitos. And if you don't believe me, we'll wait to hear what other people have to say.
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Gammagooey »

We actually won o.O. I was pretty sure we were fucked for a while there after Mordy's early vote and foilist voted for Papa afterwards.

Stuff I've wanted to say for forever:

-The whole Almaster's avatar thing was exactly as I said it was

-IMO, we (scum) really really should have killed Almaster after his doc claim, despite his scumminess, but I convinced Papa not to so durr

-I'm STILL a bit mad at Socio for not ever posting seriously in the thread, my personal plan was to go along with the easy mislynch day one and then bus him day 2, but Socio's inactivity and lexprod getting replaced led to that changing with Papa's bus at the last second

-I think the biggest reasons to suspect me were arguing against Socio's lynch d1, although under the guise of "it's a deadline vote not a pressure vote" and actually something else almaster pointed out, when it took me 10 minutes or so after Papa posted his inactive list to respond, it took me that long because I had to change my post to fit better, it originally called out Peanutman for inactivity but I'd just look like a hypocrite if I posted that right under Papa's list having me not posted for a few days.

-If Papa got lynched, I expected it to be on the last day for his lack of activity, there wasn't a whole lot of content there until the last two days or so, there wasn't much chance of him getting lynched before then.

-I don't really blame Mordy for messing up here, and I see exactly where he's coming from.

-Foilist, you changed your vote to Papa after a much smaller scumtell IMO than Mordy's shenanigans, and very soon after Mordy posted which people the scum SHOULD be voting for, you change yours to the "correct scum position" with just a few sentences. Yes, Mordy made the wrong choice in the end but you certainly didn't make it clear you were town.

-Poor Furry got like one sentence before getting night-killed
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:21 am

Post by archaebob »

Good game scum.

This obviously was something of a humbling experience for me...I was wrong about scum for the whole game. Also, I reread Day 2 a few times after it happened, and I can see why I got lynched. I still think Mordy was a darn fool in the way he played though, and that I had totally legitimate reasons to go after him the way I did. I just went overboard, I guess.

sorry Sanjay for tunneling you.
daykill: Sanjay
for hammering me.

I don't think I blame Mordy for losing. I'm impressed that foilist was actually right in the end, but it didn't seem believable that he had changed his mind that quickly, especially with the vote.

Gammagooey had me duped, though I was tunneling other people, so I don't know if that's because of good play on his part, or bad play on my own. I definitely never suspected him though.

Papa Zito...I suspected you a lot after you didn't attack Mordy for hammering me. That contradiction was glaring, and I'm surprised no-else picked up on it. Unfortunately, I was already dead...

I will take credit for preventing AGM from being lynched Day 1, and preventing cruelty from being lynched Day 2 (even though that didn't work out so well). Both of those town read turned out to be right; other than that, I sucked, my bad, I'm sorry, see you next time. This town deserved to lose this game for assuming that bussing the godfather day 1 confirmed you as town. That was a big blunder, and it cost the game. Hats off to PZ for the the biggest scoop ever with that socio wagon; twas a brillliant move, especially since no one in the town had the brains to see through it.

I look forwards to seeing most of you in the future...if you have any comments about my play this game, I'd love to hear them.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:28 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well played Zito. I'd have thrown that hammer too, guaranteed.

What prompted the power shove day 1? That could have backfired REAL REAL bad (if I was the cop you may have been a quick nab).

I was sad to become the dead in this game. Real sad.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:30 am

Post by SpyreX »

Scum QT?
Show

Proud member of BaM
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:32 am

Post by archaebob »

yeah, I want to see that too
"Just asking, jeez..."
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:37 am

Post by MordyS »

Yeah, this was a huge heartbreaker. But like what archaebob said: Scum deserved the win. Between Papa Zito + Gammagooey they WAY outplayed the town. We got two lucky breaks (Sociopath disappearing and the cop result on Gammagooey), and considering I originally voted for Papa Zito, we almost had three. But it would've been like the Raiders beating the Colts -- any given Sunday, but it wasn't gonna be this Sunday. :/

Archaebob, my only recommendation and what I wanted to tell you at the time: Gut feelings are obviously very important, and I wish I had relied more upon my gut than my mind this game, but it's also important to stay calm and logical. The more you argued with me the scummier you made yourself look. It's important to answer people's questions calmly and collectedly and be as skeptical of OMGUS as possible. In fact, I'd suggest to stay away from OMGUS 99% of the time. If the person attacking you is scummy, someone else will notice. When you get involved in something like what happened between you and I, you can't help but dig yourself deeper.

My recommendation for foilist13, though I'm sure he doesn't care, is to tighten your game and play more meticulously. Spell out everything you do, don't make lazy mistakes like name confusion, make sure arguments make sense and are clear. You clearly play by gut, and that can be a really strong way to play, but if you can't convince other people of your positions (and your innocence) you're just a weight on the town. Even the most gutty player has to learn how to communicate their gut feelings.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:44 am

Post by SpyreX »

Cough up that QT!

I'll say of the three of you left I would have been CONVINCED that Zito was the town. Mordy reeked town to me most of the game but throwing the wagon off the GF? Inspired.

Foilist... yea.
Show

Proud member of BaM
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:44 am

Post by archaebob »

my problem, mordy, even though what you say makes sense, is that all of that is extremely applicable to you. How can you justify hammering me like that, without letting me post my explanation? I might have realized I was wrong in the process of going back through the thread, or you might have realized that I actually had good reasons. It was a ridiculously lousy thing to do.

that being said, I appreciate the feedback, and I completely agree with what you said about foilist.
"Just asking, jeez..."
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:52 am

Post by MordyS »

To be honest? I was positive you were scum and I thought you were delaying to try and weasel your way out of being lynched. Worst case, I thought you were town that was going to ignore all the attacks on you and were just going to attack me more. I knew I was town, so that was gonna be a waste of time. If I could do it over I may have done it differently, but when you asked for another day I was positive you weren't going to be coming back with a great defense of your actions.

(Were you? Or were you gonna just attack me with all you had and sidestep the attacks again?)

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Scum QT. It's not a magnum opus by any means.
SpyreX wrote:What prompted the power shove day 1? That could have backfired REAL REAL bad (if I was the cop you may have been a quick nab).
It was a risky gambit.

I wasn't really playing that well, and I saw SocioPath attempting to lurk through the day. The situation was pretty unique... hell, this game was pretty unique. I'd never seen a town at each others' throats like this, not ever. To me it seemed possible that if I could take advantage of the dual townie wagons by bussing an inactive scum, it would earn me enough cred to ride to endgame and let the townies continue to tear each other apart.
Papa Zito wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:Oh look, another useless vote with barely any actual opinions of Almaster and foil. As much as Socio needs to post, two days before deadline after 30 pages of discussion is not the time to pressure vote.
I've already given opinions on Almaster and Foil. They haven't changed. Read the game plz.

And you're defending the lurker? Interesting.

2 days is plenty of time if we build some steam. gogogo
Papa Zito wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:Given that we still can't come to an easy consensus after THREE WEEKS, what makes you think it can happen in about a day.
Why not drop a vote and find out then.
This is me trying to convince my partner to join the bus. If he had we probably wouldn't have had the peanutman snafu.
Spyrex wrote:I was sad to become the dead in this game. Real sad.
You made us think you were a PR. :/
archaebob wrote:Papa Zito...I suspected you a lot after you didn't attack Mordy for hammering me. That contradiction was glaring, and I'm surprised no-else picked up on it. Unfortunately, I was already dead...
I'd spent too much time buddying him to throw that all away.
archaebob wrote:I will take credit for preventing AGM from being lynched Day 1
Hey, I was completely opposed to lynching him too, remember? :D
archaebob wrote:Hats off to PZ for the the biggest scoop ever with that socio wagon; twas a brillliant move, especially since no one in the town had the brains to see through it.
Oh no. cruelty saw right through it. It was very, very necessary for cruelty to die.
Kappa
Just Monika
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Good game, everyone. PZ: that was pretty damn impressive.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by SpyreX »

SpyreX - Dangerous to keep around. SpyreX is the best player in this game.
But he's also been pretty off.
Awwww <3

I wish the bolded wasn't SO true. My lord these days I'm better off RNG'ing.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Thanks AGM. :)
SpyreX wrote:
SpyreX - Dangerous to keep around. SpyreX is the best player in this game.
But he's also been pretty off.
Awwww <3

I wish the bolded wasn't SO true. My lord these days I'm better off RNG'ing.
I read the game before replacing in.
Papa Zito wrote:
Benmage wrote:I need a replacement for mini 873 interested?
Do I get to be scum with SpyreX? :D
I was surprised you were town when I replaced in. You just seemed so off for some reason. Was it all the walls?

Once I knew you were town I started thinking maybe this is how you play PR. And then you started saying power every post like you wanted a doc protect and well. Poof.
Kappa
Just Monika
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

I decided to bug Benmage by submitting NKs in Shakespeare.
Night 1 kill wrote:What a piece of work is SpyreX, how noble in reason, how
infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and
admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of Ur-Quan—and yet,
to me, what is this quintessence of dust? SpyreX delights not me—
nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so. So let's kill him.
Night 2 kill wrote:Is this a dagger which I see before me,
The handle toward my hand? Come, let me clutch thee.
I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.
Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible
To feeling as to sight? or art thou but
A dagger of the mind, a false creation,
Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain?
I see thee yet, in form as palpable
As this which now I draw.
Thou marshall'st me the way that I was going;
And such an instrument I was to use.
Mine eyes are made the fools o' the other senses,
Or else worth all the rest; I see thee still,
And on thy blade and dudgeon gouts of blood,
Which was not so before. There's no such thing:
It is the bloody business which informs
Thus to mine eyes. Now o'er the one halfworld
Nature seems dead, and wicked dreams abuse
The curtain'd sleep; witchcraft celebrates
Pale Hecate's offerings, and wither'd murder,
Alarum'd by his sentinel, the wolf,
Whose howl's his watch, thus with his stealthy pace.
With Tarquin's ravishing strides, towards his design
Moves like a ghost. Thou sure and firm-set earth,
Hear not my steps, which way they walk, for fear
Thy very stones prate of my whereabout,
And take the present horror from the time,
Which now suits with it. Whiles I threat, he lives:
Words to the heat of deeds too cold breath gives.
So let's just kill AGM now and go have some KFC.
Night 3 kill wrote:Blood and destruction shall be so in use
And dreadful objects so familiar
That mothers shall but smile when they behold
Their infants quarter'd with the hands of war;
All pity choked with custom of fell deeds:
And Gammagooey's spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Papa Zito by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion peanutmen, groaning for burial.
Night 4 kill wrote:Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!
You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
Till you have drench’d our steeples, drown’d the cocks!
You sulphurous and thought-executing fires,
Vaunt-couriers to oak-cleaving thunderbolts,
Singe Sanjay's white head! And thou, all-shaking thunder
Strike flat the thick rotundity o’ the world!
Crack nature’s moulds, all germens spill at once
That make ingrateful Sanjay!
Night 5 kill wrote:Alas! poor PhaerieM. I knew her, Benmage; a lady of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; she hath borne me on her back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now, to mock your own grinning? quite chapfallen? Now get you to my lady’s chamber, and tell her, let her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must come; make her laugh at that.

(sorry Benmage. If I'd known you were looking for a PhaerieM replacement I would've told you that she was next. :/)
Kappa
Just Monika
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Good game everybody!

This was a really fun town to play with.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I started to lose my mind with alamaster's soft vanilla claim and then doc claim. And then the foilist factor... yea, I was not in a place to have rationale thought.

I mean, go back and reread that knowing alignments day 1. It's...beautiful in its madness.

I'll give you a little bit of meta since I hate it soo much: I tend to forget what my role is ;)
Show

Proud member of BaM
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Also, I am so so sorry, archaebob.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by peanutman »

First off, well played scum team.

I wanted to talk a bit about my perspective as cop.

It was my first time with a PR and from what I had read, cops usually try to play low-key so as to not be forced to claim. However, that is also the type of person scum are looking to NK (as evidenced from the scum QT as well). Therefore, I decided to play in a way that would allow some suspicion on me, all the while still trying to effectively scum-hunt to benefit the town. My N1 investigation was on AGM simply because I wanted to confirm my sanity and I thought that with the doc claim, whether true or not, AGM would die soon and give me insight on my alignment.

With our D1 lynch, getting the godfather, the town had the big upper hand. I felt that there was most likely one scum flying under the radar but that odds were the other scum was among the main candidates. My goal was therefore to identify the ones who hadn't really been looked at and investigate them. As soon as I was to find a guilty, I would claim, present my results and leave the town with finding the last scum, hopefully more obvious. Unfortunately, I had to claim early but thankfully had a doc to back-up me up and my intuition on Gooey was right.

In the end though, PZ, you played this very well. Mordy, in your position at end-game, with Foilist's behaviour this last day, I would have done the same thing. Oh well, we learn what we can from this one and play better next time.

Final note, Mordy, I agree with you that policy lynches should be taken more seriously after the way this game unfolded.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by Sanjay »

It's a real shame cruelty got lynched.

I had changed my opinion on him pretty solidly and would not have thrown that hammer.

His "oh woe is me" routine, while not very helpful, did not look very much like the final scum.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by MordyS »

What Sanjay said. I was very iffy on lynching Cruelty at that point.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”