Mafia 107 - Christmas Time Mafia (Game over)

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Parama »

oh crap I forgot about this thread
if I have a snow day tomorrow (which is likely)
I PROMISE I WILL POST SOME SORT OF LARGE AMOUNT OF CONTENT THOUGH MAYBE NOT ALL AT ONCE
A lot has happened and I need a good reread because atm I'm way behind. But I need to go to sleep for the night and wake up to snow so I can post here tomorrow.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Parama »

EBWOP: Snow Day Confirmed! Will definitely get something up tomorrow.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by ready2rock »

About Richard: it's not that I don't have an opinion on him, it's that I am very confused about him at this point.

I will go and look at Dizzy's posts again tomorrow and (hopefully) finish up with the analysis of each player. The problem is that I keep getting pressured into posting content as quickly as possible, so I go as fast as I can. As a result, I might miss something or not get something right, then people call me out for missing something or not being thorough or careful enough.

Also, I just found where I can do a PBP analysis way faster, so this shouldn't take as long now. Will respond to ckd later.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I still believe you are scum Sora.

@Dizzy: I gave reasons for being on every wagon I've been on when I joined it. I saw no reason to reiterate that when asked your question.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:19 am

Post by Tarballs »

14th Vote Count of Day 1

8 - sorasgoof
(DragonsofSummer, diddin, EtherealCookie, NavyCherub, pman5595, Nicodemus, RichardGHP, TheLonging)
2 - TheLonging
(Konowa, CCARaven4)
1 - RichardGHP
(Parama)
1 - pman5595
(Bogre)
1 - NavyCherub
(DizzyIzzyB13)

7 - Not voting
(malpascp, Fugitive, InflatablePie, sorasgoof, curiouskarmadog, ready2rock, Annachie)

With 20 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.
Deadline for this day is January 21st, 2010.

CryMeARiver replaces EtherealCookie.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:49 am

Post by TheLonging »

It's been 5 days since CCARaven4 has posted. Is he eligible for a prod?
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:52 am

Post by TheLonging »

EBWOP: I really want to see what he has to say on the game so far.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Tarballs »

TheLonging wrote:It's been 5 days since CCARaven4 has posted. Is he eligible for a prod?
Yes, he is. A prod has been sent.
CCARaven4
CCARaven4
Townie
CCARaven4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:22 am

Post by CCARaven4 »

TheLonging wrote:It's been 5 days since CCARaven4 has posted. Is he eligible for a prod?
TheLonging wrote:EBWOP: I really want to see what he has to say on the game so far.
Tarballs wrote:
Yes, he is. A prod has been sent.
Prod received. My last post was 467, which means I haven't posted in over 300 posts, which means I have a LOT to go over. I have some ideas of what I want to say, but I have to leave for school in ten minutes, so I promise content by the end of the day. I'll come home from school and go through it all. It's 9:20AM where I am (West Coast), so I will start my information gathering at roughly 3:30PM Pacific Time, just to give you guys a time frame on when I'll be posting.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:47 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Just came in as a replacement...starting to read through this HUGE thread and I'm fascinated you guys have 32 pages and you're not really close to coming to an agreement on a lynch. As a read, I smell scum in a few places
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:48 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

*As I read*
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:22 am

Post by sorasgoof »

CryMeARiver wrote:Just came in as a replacement...starting to read through this HUGE thread and I'm fascinated you guys have 32 pages and you're not really close to coming to an agreement on a lynch. As a read, I smell scum in a few places
Yeah, but it seems like I'm close. :(

After you're done reading through the thread, I'll be interested in hearing who you think the top 3 scum suspects are.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Konowa »

Posting to say that I am still alive. (I know, I hate these type of posts too.) I really apologize for the lack of content this week, work has me piled in paper up to my nose. I will have content out by tomorrow or you can shoot me. mmkay?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by diddin »

Here's who I think are pro-town.

1. Annachie- He makes good posts and can catch anything scummy in what a player says. Also experienced.

2. InflatablePie- Slightly metagaming here, but his playing style is generally very pro-town and he is especially helpful in later rounds. He was mafia in the previous game we played though, so idunnolol. I think he's town this time though.

3. CryMeARiver- Based on Cookie's play, I have enough to believe he's pro-town. His anger at there being noobs in the game and his aggressive style of playing leads me to believe he's pro-town, he'd abuse noobishness to set up fake scum suspects if he was mafia.

Still waiting for Parama to say something, I'm on the fence about him.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by TheLonging »

diddin wrote:His anger at there being noobs in the game
[citation needed]

Also CryMeARiver: Who do you think are scum based on what you read?
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Finally got all my answers in... 2 days later. Here goes nothin'. I revamped your answers a little bit for organization and consistency, but I didn't change wording or content, swear.

I find it intensely interesting that IP is in every single persons town list.
RichardGHP wrote:
Scum:

- sorasgoof - The whole RBing thing, etc and in general, an anti-town attitude as of late. He's either inexperienced or scum, or both.
- Parama - He seems too aggresive to be town, although that may be a good thing. However, I can't bring myself to suggest that he is town, not at the moment anyway. His aggresiveness just doesn't seem town. He's the player I'm least sure about on this list.
- TheLonging - Even if he's not as suspicious now, he was also VERY aggresive in making a case against me. Before you suggest that I am OMGUSing, let me tell you that this observation is neutral and has nothing to do with the fact that the case itself was against me. He was very aggresive for a while after that, IIRC, and that just doesn't seem pro-town to me. Again, not too sure about this one but I think his previous actions deserve a spot on this list.

Town:

- Bogre - always has something interesting to say which is generally pro-town. If he is scum, I will eat a teabag.
- InflatablePie - We know what he did in the last game, but I really think he is town this time around. Again, he always posts with good content and often points out things that others may miss. Asks a lot of questions, but I'm sure he means well.
- Annachie - Once again, never refrains from offering their opinion, and this confidence leads me to believe that this player is town. Annachie I am most undecided on out of these three, but nevertheless, seems town and is unlikely to be scum.
Scum: All your scum tells are based off of essentially what you call "gut" feeling. Aggression isn't necessarily a scum-tell. I can be a very aggressive player sometimes, as are other players, like EtherealCookie, but that isn't a scum-tell, it's a style of play. Generally I feel like your scum were based off of my list, as I'm the only one that's called out Parama, besides you now. I hope you didn't just pick him to try to please me.

Town: I'm fine with the reasoning behind your town-tells, whether I agree with the people chosen or not.

I think your claim is keeping me from voting for you. We'll wait to see the results of your investigations (and you have a one shot tracking ability right?).
TheLonging wrote:
Scum:

- RichardGHP: I'll state all my thoughts about him in here that I've talked about a lot: overreactive, paranoid, occasional bits of noobclaiming, OMGUS voting on occasion, hypocritical at times, and his claim doesn't seem valid.
- sorasgoof: Doing well until he was talking about mafia roleblockers, then tried to defend himself by backtracking a lot, and doing bad at it, trying to throw all suspicion on Richard, and I think he jumped on a bandwagon.
- diddin: finds free rides on bandwagons, uses flawed arguments against people, his No Lynch vote.

Town:

- Bogre - Despite the fact that he's away from the thread for a long period of time, whenever he does come and post, he posts in a way that's very pro-town and scumhunts.
- InflatablePie - I'd be shocked if he was mafia. He provides logical evidence and arguments whenever he questions someone/defends someone.
- Nicodemus - Actually posts all his thoughts and evidence for/against before making decisions.
Scum: You realize all your scum reasonings for Rich are also noob-tells, right? Minus the claim one. Solid scum evidence on diddin and sora that I tend to agree with. You just seem overly aggressive toward Richard. Makes me think you two are on different sides.

Town: Still a little baffled as to the Pie one, but I'll agree with why you think each is town. Seems sound.

Your over aggression doesn't sit well with me simply because it seems geared toward certain players and not others. It seems inconsistent, otherwise I'd just call it your style of play. You seem to really be aggressive toward the prime candidates, as if you've already decided they're scum and will do anything to get them lynched. It's almost a null-tell still though, because I could interpret that as either overly eager to help the town, or overly eager to lynch up a townie. Either way, you're an extreme in one direction.
sorasgoof wrote:
Scum:

- diddin- Rarely posts, but doesn't really "lurk," per se. Claims I'm "digging my hole deeper," but doesn't really provide any additional content, other than what had already been said. The content he supplied was flawed.
- RichardGHP- He won't listen to reason. Hypocritical, arrogant, and extremely paranoid. He thinks everyone's out to get him.
- pman- Hasn't posted in a while. However, when he was trying to find "evidence" against me, all he could do was quote all of my posts and fail at explaining why they were scummy (which they weren't, which is why he failed).

Town:

- Annachie: He isn't posting much, but when he does, he seems to be a "mediator" of sorts. He seems willing to look at both sides of a situation.
- Nicodemus: Again, he doesn't exactly post as much as the rest of us, but when he does, it's usually very informative. He seems to be playing with a generally pro-town attitude.
- InflatablePie: Actively scum-hunting; asking great questions.
Scum: I like that you're the only one to call pman out, but I find your reasons against Richard to be a lot like TL's. They're all noob-tells rather than scum-tells. diddin seems a little OMGUSy but logic is pretty solid.

Town: Solid

I was never overly suspicious of you, and I'm still a little baffled as to the wagon that's formed so quickly. I included you in the 4 that I asked because of your situation right now. I would say 1-3 scum would be on that wagon because it seems to easy. Your reasoning for all picks was sound, minus the Richard one. Although I'm still confused as to you finding IP more pro-town than some other players.
diddin wrote:
Scum:

- sorasgoof: generally just makes scummy statements and tries to noobclaim and bus Richard. Tends to play more aggressively against who he thinks is scum

- RichardGHP: Bad voting habits, noobclaiming, and somehow thinking saying inb4 before someone calls him on something makes it a moot point. The only reason he's on here is his Jack claim could potentially be a lie and if soras flips town, he's likely mafia. I'd definitely keep him alive until we can hear how uses his supposed night actions.

- malpascp. malpscp for lurking until we find out why, and Parama because of his eagerness for a Richard or soras lynch.

I would like to hear more from DragonsofSummer and Konowa.

Town:

- Annachie- He makes good posts and can catch anything scummy in what a player says. Also experienced.

- InflatablePie- Slightly metagaming here, but his playing style is generally very pro-town and he is especially helpful in later rounds. He was mafia in the previous game we played though, so idunnolol. I think he's town this time though.

- CryMeARiver- Based on Cookie's play, I have enough to believe he's pro-town. His anger at there being noobs in the game and his aggressive style of playing leads me to believe he's pro-town, he'd abuse noobishness to set up fake scum suspects if he was mafia.
Scum: Pretty quick to claim bussing, I think that sora and Rich are on different sides if one is scum. I think you're too easily getting ideas from others. Then you claim if sora is town that Rich is probably scum, even though you think they're bussing? It seems like you're just out to get every serious suspect. Honestly, your reasons against Parama are reasons against you as well.

Town: FYI - experience is not a town-tell. Reasons for IP are essentially just "gut." It seems as though out of every player, you could have picked someone else, besides IP, that you felt more that just a gut feeling were town. At least you had one original pick in CryMeARiver even though you're using the replacy to judge the replacer.

Generally, diddin's list is my least favorite. And by far the last one to get back to me... but that's just general annoyance speaking. His scum ideas are the least original and most hypocritical.

His town tells generally don't have good reasoning either. Seems like IP was picked just because he was in the three other lists, like Annachie was picked for being in other lists, then then CMAR was picked for forced originality, because the logic there is pretty flawed.

Vote: diddin
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Quite a few observations based on what I know so far:
Ready2Rock confuses me...he's sort of lurking by not making many bold statements, then saying he promises a full analysis the next day...I haven't seen one yet

Based on what I've read, it looks like you guys have been attacking Sorasgoof for the wrong reasons and I believe him when he says he's vanilla townie...Your trying to hard to catch him on small things and I believe him when he didn't understand the roleblocker position just like I believe Richard when he said he didn't know what RVS was

I don't really like RichardGHP because he claimed to be JoaT, yet he isn't able to kill someone? That's usually part of the JoaT...he's claiming a rare position in the first place and then he's adding a clause to the position? But I would vote him off just in case he is jack of all trades...if he doesn't give us some info after day 2/3, I'd start accusing him

People that haven't been posting in a while either have a position they don't like (townie/serial killer) or are lurking as scum

More to come...
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Oh, and I appreciate some players great thoughts such as Nicodemus (though not so often) and Annachie who analyzes both sides of an argument rather than outright accusing someone which wouldn't be very mob-like
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

EBWOP: the above post came out wrong...i'm saying that annachie doesn't act very mob-like, not the other way around
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

CryMeARiver wrote: But I would vote him [RichardGHP] off just in case he is jack of all trades...if he doesn't give us some info after day 2/3, I'd start accusing him.
So...you want to vote him off why? What do you mean "just in case" he is a JoaT? Jack of all Trades are beneficial to the town, usually.

Also, I'd say if he doesn't give us some information by Day TWO we need to seriously start accusing him.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

sorasgoof wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote: But I would vote him [RichardGHP] off just in case he is jack of all trades...if he doesn't give us some info after day 2/3, I'd start accusing him.
So...you want to vote him off why? What do you mean "just in case" he is a JoaT? Jack of all Trades are beneficial to the town, usually.

Also, I'd say if he doesn't give us some information by Day TWO we need to seriously start accusing him.
Dang...another mistake...that should have been wouldn't...by the general tone of my paragraph you should be able to tell I meant to say "wouldn't"
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

CryMeARiver wrote:
sorasgoof wrote:

Dang...another mistake...that should have been wouldn't...by the general tone of my paragraph you should be able to tell I meant to say "wouldn't"
Ah, that makes much more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

btw, accusations will be in by the end of the weekend...I have a calling during the week...it's called a life, lol
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

CryMeARiver wrote:btw, accusations will be in by the end of the weekend...I have a calling during the week...it's called a life, lol
Join the party... >.>

Does ANYONE get any free time anymore? :lol:
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by Fugitive »

sorasgoof wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:btw, accusations will be in by the end of the weekend...I have a calling during the week...it's called a life, lol
Join the party... >.>

Does ANYONE get any free time anymore? :lol:
I still don't have classes so I'm free! (minus activities with friends during the week.) I guess I start Monday though, so my time is about to get severly limited. I know Rich doesn't start school til February. L2take computer classes from your school and get on during the day... that's what I did in High School. Computer Applications I & II are generally good choices if offered with a Computer Programming class thrown in.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”