Mini 845 - The Amish Village (Game Over)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Ya I know what you mean. This game was a nightmare for me too.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:10 am

Post by Fishythefish »

SerialClergyman wrote:And I had the most blatant and ridiculously bad breadcrumb ever.
But for that breadcrumb, and iauun's spotting it, I would have got that lylo wrong and we would have lost. Oj played a great hand, and I was pretty sure she was protown until the statistics said she was ~80% sure to be mafia.

- A really enjoyable game, thank you all for playing. Very glad I replaced in all those months ago (like pretty much everyone else… I think only magnus was here originally?).
- I like the cult mentor/mentee role. I think good potential strategies include mentees attempting to get lynched towards the end of the game - although they would have to be sure there was no link to the mentor.
- I agree with the decision made here – I’m in favour of jailkeepers who don’t let anything touch their target.
- If Percy had been killed and recruited n1, how would he have flipped?
- Though it didn’t happen here, it seems a bit harsh that a n1 cop investigation can autoloss two players.
- Many thanks to the mod. A well run game, and replacements impressive in both speed and quality, both make a real difference.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

zach wrote:But mainly the reason I chose to claim it, was that we had 2 scum and no indication of other scum or an SK... I figured with a scumteam as weak as ours that a cop couldn't possibly exist.
Well, the possibility of another scum faction should have at least crossed your mind for balance purposes. I once again made the mistake of thinking doubled up kills every night means only one scum team, however....you'd think I would learn.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:43 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Oh wow! Cult had a kill! I missed that. Town pretty well had to rely on crosskills/double kills then.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Fishythefish wrote:Oh wow! Cult had a kill! I missed that. Town pretty well had to rely on crosskills/double kills then.
And a cop. And a JK. Who were both very effective in this game. I mean, had either of those roles targeted me as Cult Mentor, it was either instant game over for my team or I would be greatly behind the eight ball on day 2.
YOUR AD HERE

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:53 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

As a matter of fact, we both targetted you N2 which rendered us both pretty useless VP :)
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Lesson for the future is never target me. :)
YOUR AD HERE

Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:47 am

Post by Ojanen »

Another faction crossed my mind actually at various points. I kept speculating survivors or something, but I never realised a cult mechanic was viable here. I should get less ignorant at some point on the existing role variations.
Also, regarding nightkills, my existing mislynch pool was so small that I taking in account another speculative faction who didn't seem to have a kill seemed a luxury I couldn't afford.
After VP's fake claim wiped out magnus from a mislynch list I kind of gradually gave up hope. I was online and totally bewildered about 2 more pr soft/fullclaims regards to balance and VP's claim. In hindsight I thought the thing that could have given us a win after that would have been an all or nothing gambit from me at that point, navigating out of the VP wagon and back in to hammer. I've seen plenty of imbalanced normal setups though, and that would have been an absolutely massive leap of faith gambit.
Fishy wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote: And I had the most blatant and ridiculously bad breadcrumb ever.
But for that breadcrumb, and iauun's spotting it, I would have got that lylo wrong and we would have lost. Oj played a great hand, and I was pretty sure she was protown until the statistics said she was ~80% sure to be mafia.
Oh come on, it wasn't
that
obvious when the existance of a jailkeeper wasn't given, I wanna keep some credit for spotting it weeks later and having a feverish moment of clarity towards everything Serial. :D (Also, the breadcrumb was the reason you never got extra heat from our team and into claiming range and stuff.)
Also, yeah, I guess what made this game feel so hard was that after I was jailed on N1 for reasons relating more closely to me looking town rather than scum, and my partner being in trouble, and us having to out that breadcrumb by killing you to avoid fast losing scenarios, we felt were already in huge trouble and I saw a bad lylo, if I would get there, from a month before. So the breadcrumb did a lot of good to town.
Of course had we been able to take in account a second kill we probably wouldn't have felt like such hobbits on Mt. Doom and would have done some things differently.
I don't know much about balance, I didn't feel this was necessarily unbalanced, more like each faction had different very weak spots that would lead to easy lose.
Anyway, thought many people played really great in this game. The cult was close to bulldozing it if not for bad luck regards to Zach ties.
@Percy and Fishy: Thank you! :)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oj wrote:I don't know much about balance, I didn't feel this was necessarily unbalanced, more like each faction had different very weak spots that would lead to easy lose.
This is pretty much how I feel about it. This setup isn't very likely to be dominated by both scum teams until the end, so in that regard I think it is fairly balanced. Sure there is the possibilityt that they will get two kills on town even night and obliterate them, but it's not very likely. I think most often, this would turn out where one of the scum teams is around for a couple of days and does some damage before they are completely wiped out and leave the town facing the other scum team in a lylo situation.

Had it be the mafia team who was wiped out, I think it would have been harder for the town since the cult essentially can lynch the Mentee and win the game.
YOUR AD HERE

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:43 am

Post by iamausername »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
iamausername wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote: Ojanen's play is freaking me out. She looks like she's either REALLY town or REALLY scum. I know that seems ridiculous given they aren't really on a continuum, but usually my opinion of Ojanen is starting neutral and working more and more pro-town.
^ Ojanen was SC's target on N1.
You really think flushing that information out was the best play?
Fishythefish wrote:But for that breadcrumb, and iauun's spotting it, I would have got that lylo wrong and we would have lost.
Yes. :D
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Zachrulez »

VP Baltar wrote:
zach wrote:But mainly the reason I chose to claim it, was that we had 2 scum and no indication of other scum or an SK... I figured with a scumteam as weak as ours that a cop couldn't possibly exist.
Well, the possibility of another scum faction should have at least crossed your mind for balance purposes. I once again made the mistake of thinking doubled up kills every night means only one scum team, however....you'd think I would learn.
It did. There was never a double kill or any evidence of it though... lol
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Also, sorry about linking myself to you and getting you lynched VP. :D
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Zachrulez wrote:Also, sorry about linking myself to you and getting you lynched VP. :D
haha, you bastard! You have no idea how frustrating it was to have a mountain of evidence linking me to you and no real arguments to counter with other than "I'm not his partner because I'm on the opposing scum faction."
YOUR AD HERE

Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:03 am

Post by Herodotus »

- Though it didn’t happen here, it seems a bit harsh that a n1 cop investigation can autoloss two players.
We almost had me killing VP on night one. Percy would have remained a townie, but it still would have been harsh for VP.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:49 am

Post by magnus_orion »

frankly, I feel like I screwed up in my play this game...
In hindsight, herodotus-scum made a lot of sense, but I was too convinced of iam scum to notice at the time, since hero-iam didn't make sense.

all in all, this was a fun game, and I felt a lot better once I went and worked through who was who (though I didn't live long after).

many thanks to amished for modding.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:10 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Good work town, glad to see my scum reads were pretty good (eventually), sorry about my weak entrance.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Amished »

Recruitments come after killings, so if Percy would've been killed N1 and then recruited; it would've been a townie kill. I set things up this way cause if the mafia killed the Mentor; I didn't want a random townie killed for the sole reason that they were recruited.

But yea, everyone had their weak spots; had ... Hero? looked as protown as Ojanen, the kill probably would've gone through as well (maybe). Mentor dying killing off their faction is a weak spot, and townies generally getting offed two at a time (or so I had predicted, woops) would make it hard on them.

Really the only "mistakes" I saw was the apathetic/surging end of day replacee lynch that was on the two townies. I don't see a way around lynching either of them though; DeathSauce was obviously the more "mistake" one as RayFrost made it pretty clear that he didn't want to play anymore.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Amished »

Also, I think the deadlines were too long, especially for the first two days (aided by the number of replacements at the time too). Anything to comment on that? Should I go with 3 week deadlines and shorten it to 2 weeks after like D3?
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I prefer 2 week deadlines every day other than perhaps lylo, which could be like one week. That's just how I like my games though.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”