Mafia 107 - Christmas Time Mafia (Game over)

sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

RichardGHP wrote:
diddin wrote:
In other words, noobclaim. Research a role before you claim it.
*headdesk/facepalm*

For your information, I actually did research the JoaT after the varying alignment thing was brought up, and I only found him in the "Protagonistic" section.

I for one am sick and tired of people saying I'm noobclaiming when I'm not.
On a sort of related note, I'm sick and tired of seeing the term "headdesk."

Are we going to wait until the deadline to make ill-advised votes? I think the closer we get to the deadline, the more hastily those that don't have votes on someone will make votes. (Did that make sense?)

I think we do need to come to a consensus. If we don't, it'll end with a no-lynch, which won't do any good at all.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by ready2rock »

@pman: read my post 886. I point out what we could get from a DoS list.

@bogre: Let me clarify what I meant. Let's say I have 2 people that I'm suspicious of:
person A- 70% sure that they're scum, posting what seems to be content on the surface that might misdirect the town's actions at some point in the day.
person B- 70% sure that they're scum, posting almost no content and not directing anyone's actions in any way.

Person A in this case happens to be pman, who I put on the top of my scum list in post 861. Person B is DoS. After Parama made his case, my % of DoS rose to 95%, so I decided that it would be better to lynch the person that I was almost sure was scum than the person that I was pretty sure was scum that was contributing more.

Part 2 of my post: These wagons have tended to form so quickly in this game that it can get to L-2 or L-1 before someone even can make a case for themselves. This is the reason I wanted to wait to vote, to see if he would defend himself. Now that he has pretty much refused to defend himself, I have no problem with voting for him.

Vote: DragonsofSummer

@RichardGHP: you are right this time. If you looked it up and could not find it, then that is not noobclaiming (side note: I couldn't even find noobclaiming on the wiki, so I don't know where it came from).

@Konowa: Where did you go?
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by ready2rock »

Let me try that again since I realized that I still had my vote on pman.

Unvote

Vote: DragonsofSummer
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Parama »

@ r2r: unvotes are not required in this game, as I found out the hard way :/
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

updating tomorrow ....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by ready2rock »

@Parama: OK, but I do want to get into the habit of doing so for future games with different mods.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Parama wrote:@ r2r: unvotes are not required in this game, as I found out the hard way :/
They're still preferred. Read the rules nubcakes. 8-)
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Also, my classes started an my laptop broke, posting this from my Mom's... so my posting is going to slow down. Not that I was overly active before...
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Nicodemus »

DragonsofSummer wrote:Fine lynch me. For anyone who might care to look back at it later, Parama is my 4th on that list. I am very tired of all the ridiculous scum tells that everyone is writing off to newbie play in this game, and I would rather be lynched to give people some perspective than replaced with someone else at this point.
If you're so intent on being the lynch for today, why not claim? I am personally against your lynch (I feel like there are much better lynchee's as far as "active lurking" and "non-contribution" go) but if you really want to help us out before we lynch you, claim your role and give us some of your picks for scum.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:29 am

Post by TheLonging »

Mod: Due to serious stuff happening now, I will bw V/LA for a period of 2-7 days. I will be back, no need to replace me.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Bogre »

Nicodemus wrote: If you're so intent on being the lynch for today, why not claim? I am personally against your lynch (I feel like there are much better lynchee's as far as "active lurking" and "non-contribution" go) but if you really want to help us out before we lynch you, claim your role and give us some of your picks for scum.
He's got like 4 votes, and you're asking him to claim?

And you don't advocate his lynch, but you want help before 'we' lynch you. I feel a townie not sold on a lynch of him wouldn't already be thinking of lynching him, or resigned to lynching him, like you seem to be.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Bogre wrote:
Nicodemus wrote: If you're so intent on being the lynch for today, why not claim? I am personally against your lynch (I feel like there are much better lynchee's as far as "active lurking" and "non-contribution" go) but if you really want to help us out before we lynch you, claim your role and give us some of your picks for scum.
He's got like 4 votes, and you're asking him to claim?

And you don't advocate his lynch, but you want help before 'we' lynch you. I feel a townie not sold on a lynch of him wouldn't already be thinking of lynching him, or resigned to lynching him, like you seem to be.
I'm only resigned to lynching him because he's resigned to getting lynched. His exact words were "Fine, lynch me." I was just pointing out that if he is so willing to be lynched, the least he could do would be claim and give us his top suspects before he died. And no, I don't want to lynch him, but when someone actively calls for their own lynch I don't see a whole lot that's going to stop it.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:33 am

Post by Bogre »

If he's resigned to lynching and will die anyways, we'll get his role on the flip. Effectively, you are kind of suggesting he claim without being open to the possibility that he redeems himself, which makes the claim useless in the first place.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:30 pm

Updating from post 866,
ready2rock wrote:Just a side note, diddin and CCARaven are on everyone's list so far.
what do you gather from that? that they are scummy or easy? What was the point of this post?
pman5595 wrote:
I still think soras is scummier, and a diddin lynch we would learn nothing from.
NOTING THIS COMMENT. this comment alone, might shed light on things.

Post 874, jesus Christ that is a ISO/case…so long he forgot he voted for DoS at the beginning of it. He has got some points in it, though.
RichardGHP wrote:
Parama wrote:Stuff.
Wow... just wow. Thanks for bringing all of that to our attention, Parama. It's great you were actually able to dig out someone who is almost certainly scum, based on an ISO read.

Question: What made you build a case against DoS as opposed to any other players?

The only thing I find wrong with your case is the fact that you have already stated everything suspicious about his posts, so when/if people vote for him, they will be almost inable to provide independant reasoning and thus will be considered to be bandwagoning.

Nevertheless, I find DoS to be scum after Parama's ISO read. The evidence is all there. After the case made against him I think DoS could be a better lynch than sora, perhaps even diddin.

Therefore,
vote: DragonsofSummer
I dont think there is anything about this post or vote I like.
DragonsofSummer wrote:Fine lynch me. For anyone who might care to look back at it later, Parama is my 4th on that list. I am very tired of all the ridiculous scum tells that everyone is writing off to newbie play in this game, and I would rather be lynched to give people some perspective than replaced with someone else at this point.
thats it? Explain why this is a pro-town statement or stance?

Also, think this should be noted, I have not been in a game where DoS has finished (correct me if I am wrong)…I think he has replaced out of 2 maybe 3 games he signed up for…I was even in a game he abandoned….point, this lack of not caring, is a null tell. DoS, if you don’t give a shit, why not replace out, if I recall, you are pretty good at that. If you are town, you are hurting us.

+_+_+_+

I think a diddin or an R2R lynch is so much better……
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:31 pm

bold edit
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Also, think this should be noted, I have not been in a game where DoS has finished (correct me if I am wrong)…I think he has replaced out of 2 maybe 3 games he signed up for
that I have been in with him
…I was even in a game he abandoned….point, this lack of not caring, is a null tell. DoS, if you don’t give a shit, why not replace out, if I recall, you are pretty good at that. If you are town, you are hurting us.

+_+_+_+

I think a diddin or an R2R lynch is so much better……
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

RichardGHP wrote:
diddin wrote:
*headdesk/facepalm*

For your information, I actually did research the JoaT after the varying alignment thing was brought up, and I only found him in the "Protagonistic" section.

You really had no reason to research it...the pm you received should say which side you are on as well as what night actions you have...research of a role should only have to be done if you are faking a claim truly...
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

CryMeARiver wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:
diddin wrote:
*headdesk/facepalm*

You really had no reason to research it...the pm you received should say which side you are on as well as what night actions you have...research of a role should only have to be done if you are faking a claim truly...
*Even more headdesk*

I researched it to find out if it could be mafia-aligned or not, I found that his only possible alignment was pro-town, as of when that list was created.

Of course I know which side I'm on; that wasn't the basis of my researching the character.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

OK, fuck it, I want this game to MOVE

Vote: diddin

Parama, Richard, TL, soras, DoS, pman, Bogre, r2r, Dizzy, Konowa, Pie, Annachie, Navy, CCARaven, CMAR, and yes, even diddin, you're all invited to hop aboard ASAP. Come one, come all, let's lynch the scum and move forward with this damn game!
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Nicodemus wrote:OK, fuck it, I want this game to MOVE

Parama, Richard, TL, soras, DoS, pman, Bogre, r2r, Dizzy, Konowa, Pie, Annachie, Navy, CCARaven, CMAR, and yes, even diddin, you're all invited to hop aboard ASAP. Come one, come all, let's lynch the scum and move forward with this damn game!
Well, since I'm invited, I might as well climb on for the ride!
unvote vote: diddin

unvote
. Before I consider voting for him, mind explaining, in your own words, WHY diddin is scum?
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Nicodemus wrote:
diddin wrote:1.sorasgoof: generally just makes scummy statements and tries to noobclaim and
bus Richard.
Tends to play more aggressively against who he thinks is scum

2. RichardGHP: Bad voting habits, noobclaiming, and somehow thinking saying inb4 before someone calls him on something makes it a moot point.
The only reason he's on here is his Jack claim could potentially be a lie and if soras flips town, he's likely mafia.
I'd definitely keep him alive until we can hear how uses his supposed night actions.
See, this doesn't work both ways. Why is soras obvscum for bussing Richard, but Richard is only mafia if he is lying about being a Jack or if soras is town? If soras and Richard are bussing each other, then they are both mafia. I don't like your contradictory reasoning here.
diddin wrote:@Dizzy: I feel as if I've been able to defend my points better on my recent votes for soras and Richard than my vote for TL. I actually think soras is scum and have defended my reasoning on my vote for him on a few occasions.
This is terrible. Not only did you completely miss the point of the question, your response is that you didn't have much evidence for TL, but you've sure nailed soras and Richard! So basically you didn't believe in the TL lynch at all, but since voting for him was the cool thing to do you jumped right on. Yeah, that's exactly the opposite of a good explanation for your bandwagoning.

Also, you "actually" think soras is scum? Well good for you! Too bad about Richard and TL, who you apparently didn't think were scum but were voting to lynch anyway. If you didn't "actually" think Richard or TL were scum, then why did you vote for them exactly? Because you were bandwaggoning any likely mislynch? Seems plausible.

And Bogre is being quite unhypocritical with his suggestion of bandwagons for bandwagoners, and is actually being rather smart. Why should we let bandwagoners get away with voting for the lynch-ee of the moment? Short answer: we shouldn't.

I still like soras for the lynch, but I'm definitely going to
FoS: diddin
Basically what I said, in my own words, here. diddin has been playing very scummily from the start of this game, bandwaggoning frequently, offering little-to-no original thought on anything, posting bad cases and inadequate defenses, and generally playing a game which favors scum more than town. I'm tired of this day, I'm tired of the endless speculation (be it night actions, power roles, etc.) and I'm ready to lynch the scummiest person and move on to D2. I have all the information that I'm going to get out of today, and frankly I'm not going to change my opinions much until I get some more concrete evidence. diddin is my vote, and he will be my vote until the end of the day barring a straight-up confession from another mafia member.

So, Richard, that's why I'm voting diddin
in my own words.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Fair enough.

Nico, I like how you brought up the fact that this speculation - night-actions or otherwise - is getting us nowhere, and I agree with you on that point. It's hard to not do, but it's still not helping.

I also agree with the fact that diddin makes poor cases, and votes without reason on occasion. I don't even recall a defense after those votes were put on him the first time. That says that he's either scum trying not to slip or just can't be bothered. Either way, his play is anti-town.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

@cks: Its not a lack of caring, its a lack of experience in this game. Any defense I put against Parama will just be scoffed at by those calling me scum because they are either 1. new, or 2. pretending to be new. I'd also like to point out that the only people except for r2r to agree with Parama are the people I have been calling scum for pages now. I feel very confident in my list, and I got fed up with the stupidity. Its all it is, I don't want to replace out, and I am still perfectly willing to fight.

All I have to say in regard to Parama is I really don't like the tunneling he has done on me all game, not just because it is on me, but because it is anti-town in general (I do not find tunneling to be a pro town action in any normal circumstance). And his case against me is I have been active lurking, which was based off of a read of me in iso. Not a very good way to judge active lurking, and an easy way to make it look like you are doing something. Thats why he is 4th on my scum list, not the omgus he claims.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

EBWOP: That should say a lack of experienced players in this game.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Could you repost who you have been calling scum for pages now?
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:51 am

Post by Tarballs »

DedicatedScribe replaces Annachie.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”