hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Hey, mafiascum is winking in and out of existence for me so I'm not going to have supporting quotes here. Sorry! :(

Flare, you never answered why you felt it necessary to put your vote back where it was when you had assigned it as part of the RVS.

Quagmire, still no vote?

Haven't seen cathart or mindgamer since the miller claim.

As for the role pm thing, that's gonna have to wait on quag posting on whether or not that's the case here. I think I'd be up for lynching him d1 if it's the case - no associative tells if he's scum, and I certainty don't get a vibe of 'contributes so much content it's worth it to keep him around' from him. But I'll read that thread Hoopla posted in full before I make a judgment, because the idea of not reading a role pm is one that simply hasn't occurred to me until now.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Flareonage »

hitogoroshi wrote:
Flare, you never answered why you felt it necessary to put your vote back where it was when you had assigned it as part of the RVS.
It is a random vote. I just think that having a vote is better then not voting. Check all the games I've been in and you'll see that I've never unvoted without revoting for someone else. I keep my Wiki updated so you can check there
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Quagmire »

hitogoroshi wrote:Quagmire, still no vote?
No, not yet... there hasn't been any good enough scumtells.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Vote Count

The Tracker (5)
Col.Cathart, Cyberbob, Nachomamma8, Flareonage, cruelty
Quagmire (3)
hitogoroshi, Hoopla, RedCoyote
hitogoroshi (1)
Mindgamer
Mindgamer (1)
The Tracker

Not Voting (2)
angelmouse, Quagmire

With twelve alive, it takes seven to guillotine.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Hoopla wrote:
Quagmire wrote:I still don't have much to add... the wagon building on me is silly but probably necessary, I don't have any solid enough scum reads yet, and only two people read town to me so far. I believe I've commented on everything else.
Have you read your role PM?
No, as per usual in games I play in
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Quagmire wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
Have you read your role PM?
No, as per usual in games I play in
*Facepalm

That deserves a policy lynch.

Unvote

Vote: quagmire
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I think I might agree with you, flare, but I do know that the matter deserves more discussion than just 'facepalm.' I'll have to wait until tomorrow when the site will (hopefully) be a bit less finicky and I can read that whole thread and mull a bit on it.

Also - if we do in fact policy lynch quagmire, that would a.) cut d1 a little short for my liking and b.) be the LAST thing we discuss today - meaning that I expect everyone to weigh in on this one.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hoopla wrote: Have you read your role PM?
It doesn't matter. For today, he's town. Tomorrow, we'll monitor his behavior and see how it changes, and we'll simply throw out everything he's done today out of their minds. Policy lynching based on a playstyle you don't agree with is something I've been through before, and it just plain doesn't work in the town's benefit. Especially when you're suggesting to lynch a playstyle that only affects D1...

As for my Tracker vote, I'm still feelin pretty good about it. He's kept the same vote he has had since his random vote, his activity consists of a bunch of one-liners, and half-baked attacks on various people. He also reacted strangely to pressure on him in the beginning. And, finally, he's too big of a fan of disclaimer language. It makes him seem afraid to actually attack someone.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Flareonage »

You're right we should discuss this a little.

if Quagmire is scum then he is not aware of his partner and thus is pro-town

If he's town then he would be useful if he posted suspicions and actually participated a bit.

Maybe we should have him role claim? That way he'll hopefully read his role PM
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And, coming up next, Flareon. I disagree with people who policy lynch. It's pointless and sets the stage for an easy scum mislynch, and guess what? I'm not a big fan of those. So flare, I'd like you to explain just why Quag's playstyle deserves a policy lynch. Hoopla's included in that as well.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Hey people, I'm back from V/LA.

Currently catching up with all of my games. Re-read and post coming shortly.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Now that I think about it it doesn't deserve a policy lynch.

It's weird and a little dumb not to read your role PM. That ruins the whole purpose of the game but like I was saying in my last post if he is town or scum he's not hurting us since he doesn't know his role. He's forcing himself to play pro town
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Policy lynching is wonderful and fantastic and full of sunshine rainbows, Nacho. As I said I need to consider whether this specific case merits it, but to say that policy lynching itself is wrong is itself wrong. If you think it's disagreeable why didn't you bring it up on page 2 when multiple players (myself, cyberbob, RC) all mentioned that it is a factor we consider when picking a D1 lynch candidate?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Flareonage is pretty solidly town.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Quagmire »

hitogoroshi wrote:Policy lynching is wonderful and fantastic and full of sunshine rainbows, Nacho.
I don't want to distract anyone here and change the subject but I got trolled into it. Policy lynches are the worst things that could possibly happen in mafia.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

hitogoroshi wrote:If you think it's disagreeable why didn't you bring it up on page 2 when multiple players (myself, cyberbob, RC) all mentioned that it is a factor we consider when picking a D1 lynch candidate?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hito wrote: Policy lynching is wonderful and fantastic and full of sunshine rainbows, Nacho. As I said I need to consider whether this specific case merits it, but to say that policy lynching itself is wrong is itself wrong. If you think it's disagreeable why didn't you bring it up on page 2 when multiple players (myself, cyberbob, RC) all mentioned that it is a factor we consider when picking a D1 lynch candidate?
I didn't think that it'd come up day 1. The playerlist was not really policy lynch worthy.

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by cruelty »

Why did I vote tracker? Because I could.

I tend to throw out votes if I feel the game is stagnating (I'm aware I've been largely absent and therefore partly to blame but I'm having a very hard time actually browsing these forums at the moment, the site is horribly slow). It's fairly logical to assume that the more active the game, the better town should be doing. At least, the more activity there is, the more information there is. The more information... you get it.

Dunno what's up with Quagmire, weird way to play but eh, scum will slip at some point.

Given the game has been a little more active, I'll
unvote
for now, the Tracker wagon is a little bigger than I thought so in the interest of continued discussion I feel that my unvoting will lessen the likelihood of a quicklynch.

Anyway I'll try to be back with actual content over the weekend.
the nexus of the crisis
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Quagmire 113 wrote:I still don't have much to add... the wagon building on me is silly but probably necessary, I don't have any solid enough scum reads yet, and only two people read town to me so far. I believe I've commented on everything else.
I don't feel as though it's your role to observe the game, but to play it along side us. It's probably sounding a bit like a broken record, but none of us here need to lecture you about the necessity of participation. I'm especially curious to hear you ask questions and provoke other players, not just pop up and say, "have I commented on everything? k, l8r."

Your post 112 is a good example of what I don't want to see. The basis of the question is terrific, but it's asked from a position of weakness and nonchalance. What I mean by that is, like, okay, you spent two seconds looking at the latest vote count, but why not go deeper with it? Why not go back to Flare's latest post, Cyberbob, or Nacho, and ask them about the post with which they voted? If you think the reasoning is weak (you've said it yourself that you've seen nothing scummy so far), maybe you should tell them why it is they're getting overly excited. I'd be happy to see Quagmire v.s. cruelty over The Tracker wagon.

Again, I don't want to come across as patronizing, because I know you're aware of all of this. I honestly just want to see you play the game with us. I feel completely shortchanged at this point.

---
Flare 124 wrote:I was gonna say that it doesn't apply since everyone disagreed with the person that posted it and then I noticed it was Quagmire. Your question is completely valid now
To be perfectly honest, even at the risk of catching flak for my opinion, I don't particularly care whether or not he has. I personally wouldn't play a game that way, but I see the strategy behind it as well. [WIFOM]I think I would care more about it if I was scum, because I would be worried if he were my partner and there may or may not have been someone missing from a QT that may or may not have been available to us before the game started and/or during the day.[/WIFOM] Either way, this would neither encourage nor discourage any vote, policy or not, I would cast for Quagmire.
Flare 126 wrote:It is a random vote. I just think that having a vote is better then not voting. Check all the games I've been in and you'll see that I've never unvoted without revoting for someone else.
That's a valid strategy, but there's something seriously amiss here. First of all, you're either skimming the thread, which is bad, or you're ignoring us, which is worse. Both me and Hoopla asked you, and then hito reminds you, before you finally answer. I don't even think it's that great of an answer to be honest. You say it's part of your meta, a strategy to keep a vote active at all times, which is fine, but not when you're keeping your vote on a "random" person. So, secondly, you're skirting responsibility for your vote. When you say that The Tracker is your "random" vote, this implies that you don't want to be held accountable for it, and that you're excused from casting a vote based on your real suspicions. That just ain't going to fly with me, pal. Lastly, this shirking of responsibility is dangerous when your general philosophy of playing is,
  • Flare 82 wrote:I'm not gonna go attack someone cuz then someone will attack me for attacking someone
If you're going to stick to the "always vote someone" strategy, then you need to make it count. Don't come back at us with, "I have to always vote someone", and then call your vote random. It doesn't work that way at this stage of the game, and especially not when your "random vote" happens to be on the largest wagon. Unless I am overestimating you, you are playing some serious misdirecting and dodgy games with us. I'm getting a serious bad vibe from you, and I don't know if your playstyle and rhetoric is just completely turning me off, or are you just acting extremely scummy. I think it's somewhere in the middle.
Unvote
because a
vote: Flareonage
is much more in line with my heart and mind at this point.
Flare 130 wrote:That deserves a policy lynch.
As I've said above, I'm completely neutral on this. I happened to catch the thread before Hoopla brought it up, and it doesn't really positively or negatively affect my position on Quagmire. If Quagmire continues to play like he has, I can support his lynch, but I am firmly against a policy lynch otherwise. It just makes it worse that you, of all people, are the first one to vote Quagmire on this basis. Mostly because I feel as though this is your out to cast a "non-random" vote without "being attacked" for your opinion.

---

I like Nacho's 132, and I think he breaths a little life into what may or may not have been a dying Tracker wagon.

---
Flare 136 wrote:Now that I think about it it doesn't deserve a policy lynch.
So will you be unvoting and revoting your "random" target again? Already you're backing away from your position again.

Are you normally this flightly, Flare? That may be what's giving me such a negative view of you, because I think people who wagonhop, especially when they hop back to a "random" vote, completely turn me off. I really don't want to be seen as tunnelled on you, but seemingly every post you make gives me a worse impression of you. Don't get me wrong, I also get frustrated with stalwarts who would sooner slit their wrists than see another point of view, but I'd much rather someone argue their point of view than raise the white flag the second someone questions them. I don't have to tell you, Flare, which group you fall into.

---
Flare 138 wrote:Flareonage is pretty solidly town.
Quagmire 139 wrote:Policy lynches are the worst things that could possibly happen in mafia.
Flare 130 wrote:That deserves a policy lynch.
Explain, please. Do it with passion too, because I'm on the complete opposite side.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Re-read done.

1) Tracker's explanation of using the word 'mislynch' is as good as any. I'm not going to pursue this topic anymore for obvious reasons, but I'm putting that on my 'potential scum-slips' list, which may come in handy later in the game. L-3 wagon is nice though, and I still quite like it, so my vote stays.

2)
FoS: Mindgamer
. Even after Tracker told everyone, word 'mislynch' was used by mistake, not as a joke, he's still counted it as one. This leads me to think, he's just skimming the thread, instead of reading and scumhunting, which is bad. Not to mention, he's not participating in this game at all.

3) Hoopla's claim: I have mixed feelings about this. I never played a game with Miller before, and Hoopla's explanation seems valid enough. On the other hand, the last two games I read just for the sake of reading had scum fakeclaiming Miller on D1. For now I'm willing to believe this claim.

4) Quagmire case: I participated in quite a bunch of policy lynches on anti-town players, and so far nothing good ever happened because of it. So no, I don't like policy lynches. I also like NM8's idea. Let's wait a day and see if the playstyle will change... Assuming he'll actually start playing, because so far he's apparently didn't.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Oops. Obviously Quagmire wrote post 138, that was a typo on my part.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Hoopla wrote: Have you read your role PM?
It doesn't matter. For today, he's town. Tomorrow, we'll monitor his behavior and see how it changes, and we'll simply throw out everything he's done today out of their minds. Policy lynching based on a playstyle you don't agree with is something I've been through before, and it just plain doesn't work in the town's benefit. Especially when you're suggesting to lynch a playstyle that only affects D1...
He is not town. He is not anything at the moment. Until he knows his win condition, there is no way he can work toward it. This has nothing to do with a playstyle disagreement, because he isn't playing the game.

The only way this 'tactic' could possibly be viable is if you don't tell people you didn't read your role PM. The supposed benefit is not creating any obvious links between you and scum partners, as you don't know who they are. But this benefit becomes moot when everyone knows this is your tactic.

Not reading your role PM can only possibly help your scum game (even though it won't), therefore it is scummy/anti-town, as it's an attempt to gain an advantage
only
as scum.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:07 am

Post by Mindgamer »

hitogoroshi wrote:Haven't seen cathart or mindgamer since the miller claim.
Yeah sorry. I have a few tests coming up and I don't really have the time for mafia games. To make things worse I'm going to have to

V/LA untill the 20th.

I promise I'll be at full activity from the 20th on.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:47 am

Post by The Tracker »

Nachomamma8 wrote:As for my Tracker vote, I'm still feelin pretty good about it. He's kept the same vote he has had since his random vote,
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was America.
unvote

his activity consists of a bunch of one-liners, and half-baked attacks on various people.
*shrugs* No excuse for this, I suppose.
He also reacted strangely to pressure on him in the beginning. And, finally, he's too big of a fan of disclaimer language. It makes him seem afraid to actually attack someone.
Defending yourself for being attacked isn't 'acting strangely.' It's a common human reaction. And could you explain what you mean by 'disclaimer language?'
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:55 am

Post by Cyberbob »

The Tracker wrote:Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was America.
unvote
haha what the hell is this

Defs keeping my vote right where it is for now.

Hoopla:
Would you mind offering up some kind of response to my point about you declaring Hito to be your strongest town read right after he had conveniently managed to convince a bunch of people to keep you alive? Because it seems to me like there's definitely an element of buddying there.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”