Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Unvote

I want time to think, and I don't want some random hammering this before I have time to think.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Faraday »

Sir Chris wrote:You know what is weird? You call me confident while quoting a post that lists a worry I have for the lynch I am currently on. I am unsure how you can read my post which says "the votes have been terrible on him" and think I am in the "100% wowmg easy lynch" range. Do you even read my posts?
how can you call your arguments fantastic and not be confident. maybe you're just trying to convince yourself your points are fantastic.
People aren't wagoning me because it is painfully obvious that I a not scum
kinda want to vote you for this sentence alone but i think you're just being delusional as opposed to scummy with it.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Sir Chris »

I mean, just looking at my own thoughts and the people actually on Kirbyoshi is just sending up red flags everywhere to me. So many people who I don't think I can trust.

Why wouldn't cruelty bury me as scum with that big post. What would be his motive, as scum, to ease up on me? Hm.

As scum, why would Kirbyoshi as scum, say to attack sir chris who is town? dying scum shouldnt make it that obvious.

I am just trying to type aloud so to speak to get my thoughts in order. I am still not used to this site as much as I'd like to be. I am used to having more tells on people. I am trying desperately to weed through bad play and scum play, which often disguises itself between the two.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Because every argument has a flip side. Arguments can be well done and still not correct. An argument based off reason can still be wrong. If you want to be good in mafia you can't always be results based.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Faraday »

Sir Chris wrote:Anyway thoughts on everyone.

CrueKnight - doesn't take a stance on alignment
Furry - ...overexagerates amount of people calling furry scum and uses him town as a basis for furry town, lolwat.
cruelty - leans town but may be a master plan.
Sir Chris
kunkstar7 - no alignment stance
Faraday - he's scared of me????
don_johnson - town b/c of a horrible tell.
Kirbyoshi - confidence and badness = scum.
mikeburnfire - no stance on alignment
Heilograph -funny comment but no stance on alignment
fix'd for my own benefit

basically sums up your post :? I mean i'm all for you giving opinion on players if you're actually ya know going to give your opinion but it seems mostly filler.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Sir Chris »

You... are really annoying.

Not every thought has to be a clear statement on stance.

Saying what is or is not a tell without knowing alignment is also bad.

You are not nearly as good as you think you are, Faraday.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Faraday »

Sir Chris wrote:You... are really annoying.

Not every thought has to be a clear statement on stance.

Saying what is or is not a tell without knowing alignment is also bad.

You are not nearly as good as you think you are, Faraday.
WELL LIKE THAT'S JUST YOUR OPINION.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Obviously.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Faraday »

2 of the people leading the kirbo wagon are now significantly less confident. The opther 3 on it just jumped on the bandwagon, this is a horrible lynch. Seriously.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Sir Chris wrote:Anyway thoughts on everyone.

CrueKnight - Seems to not actually read posts, as he somehow missed my entire point against Kirbyoshi to such a degree that he stated the complete opposite of what I had said. (Which means he could be scum trying to make content without actually providing it because he didnt even read the fucking topic)
Furry - ... So many people are calling Furry scum if so and so happens I almost have to be convinced that Furry is town, mostly because I myself am town. (I don't think furry is scum because most people are saying I am scum with him, I am not scum.)
cruelty - Wouldn't be surprised at all if he is 'master planning' this, but at the same time I feel if he would have buried me with his long post about me I would be lynched, so I see no reason for scum to go for a less active target especially when I was losing traction. (I am paranoid as fuck of a good player but logically he shouldnt be scum)
Sir Chris
kunkstar7 - As Kirbyoshi pointed out his votes aren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard for excellence in reasoning. (I don't like how the previous person voted me badly, he replaced, he voted wicked, that's a trail of town voting too. Also that vote really needed more logic)
Faraday - I don't even have a read on this guy and that is just fucking scary. (I hate you)
don_johnson - I think he is town just based off the fact that he seems genuinely fed up with this topic and with me. Fed up is not a scum tell. (Awesome tell is awesome)
Kirbyoshi - I've posted enough on this guy.
mikeburnfire - Man I don't like it when people defend me without actually having to say anything. "You know, NOT SAYING HE IS TOWN OR ANYTHING, but gosh darnit, he is active!"
Heilograph - That vote on Kirbyoshi just makes me want to jump off a bridge. (hint that means I think he has no reasoning and could be scum)
Here I helped.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Sir Chris »

To be fair I did unvote the wagon.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Faraday »

Sir Chris wrote: 1. His first contributing post of the game is not him contributing. He points out that my statement is WIFOM, which I had already conceded, and then says everything against me makes "perfect sense." I believe the term active lurking was brought up, and I believe this post is an example of it. It appears to contribute to the discussion, but in fact it has no value at all. He did three things in that post: Agree with everything against me without putting it into his own words, thoughts, or giving reasoning as to why it looked good; he then proceeds to call a statement WIFOM when I had already stated that I was aware it was WIFOM and was merely posting it to give my thoughts not a defense of myself (which he seems to try to imply I was doing in that very same post) and lastly he voted me, and given the thin support for his vote of me I thought it was a badly placed vote with no actual reasoning of his own behind it.
This case could easily be applied to 2 or 3 other people in the game. I'm ignoring your second point as it's not something i'd ever consider a scum tell in any context. With that being said why is kirbo doing this more scummy than others?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Faraday »

Are you going to be around up to deadline btw, or on before it? My internet is very unstable (if I can get past 11 GMT then i'll be fine but that's not 100% guaranteed)
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Sir Chris »

I don't recall the other instances of people doing this, unless you mean after that post took place.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Um... I will be on around it, I have a small shift later tonight but I'll be on in plenty of time. I always try to be around so I can discuss my thoughts. Honestly I am more than a little confused and I am trying to sort out my thoughts. I think the main problem here is we are working off a different meta in general. I have played one game on this site and about 100 off of it, we come from different communities and I am still playing with an old playbook.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Faraday »

Yeah, helio for instance has done a number of things in that paragraph wouldn't you say.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Well I am unsure if I made it clear but I am trying to work it out if anyone could be as bad as town to say "I don't have a choice sorry guys here's my vote on the leading wagon, gosh darn I wish I had any sort of power to do anything about it, like, say, use my vote elsewhere! Oh well"
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Faraday »

Sir Chris wrote:Um... I will be on around it, I have a small shift later tonight but I'll be on in plenty of time. I always try to be around so I can discuss my thoughts. Honestly I am more than a little confused and I am trying to sort out my thoughts. I think the main problem here is we are working off a different meta in general. I have played one game on this site and about 100 off of it, we come from different communities and I am still playing with an old playbook.
Eh, I've played far more games off site than on too. I don't think there's anything wrong with the way you play I'm just not convinced everything you point out is scummy.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:59 am

Post by don_johnson »

nice appeal to authority.

i have experience too.

i have learned that if i bang my head long enough i can break through walls.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Well, the fun thing about scum tells is they are different for every person. I have not come across a single scum tell, even some of the best ones, that have always been correct. I kind of try to look at it in terms of a puzzle. For Kirbyoshi, to me, it made no sense for someone in their first post to sound so supremely confident to me. Wagon looks terrible, but I still maintain that there was a logical disconnect between the tone of that voice and what should have been present.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Man I am always appealing to something, emotion, authority. Like appealing to people.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Sir Chris »

don_johnson wrote: i have learned that if i bang my head long enough i can break through walls.
That, though, is a wonderfully gutsy thing to say. Terribly off point in this game, but I like it.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Faraday »

Sir Chris wrote:Well, the fun thing about scum tells is they are different for every person. I have not come across a single scum tell, even some of the best ones, that have always been correct. I kind of try to look at it in terms of a puzzle. For Kirbyoshi, to me, it made no sense for someone in their first post to sound so supremely confident to me. Wagon looks terrible, but I still maintain that there was a logical disconnect between the tone of that voice and what should have been present.
/theory most scumtells are bullshit, everything depends on context etc etc. general overall feel of the posts/tone is much more reliable.

anyway off for a bit to watch bones, i'll be back in a while/well before deadline unless i die or something, so yeah.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Kdub »

Vote Count

CrueKnight (0)
-
Furry (0)
-
cruelty (0)
-
Sir Chris (2)
- don_johnson, Kirbyoshi
kunkstar7 (0)
-
Faraday (0)
-
don_johnson (0)
-
Kirbyoshi (4)
- Furry, kunkstar7, mikeburnfire, Heilograph
mikeburnfire (0)
-
Heilograph (2)
- cruelty, Faraday
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (2)
- CrueKnight, Sir Chris

10 players alive, 6 votes needed to lynch.

Deadline is January 22, ~10:00 pm MST

Faraday and don_johnson have asked for a deadline extension. Others may do so if they wish. A majority will be needed before the deadline for the extension to be granted.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Sir Chris »

How long would the extension be if granted?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”