Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Quagmire »

Cyberbob wrote:
Quagmire wrote:Well, I suppose it's going to be me or nobody. I've already said I'm not going to read my role PM. Let me stress how silly of a lynch this is.
You also said
why
you're not going to read your role PM - would you care to remind everyone just what reason that might be?
Actually seriously it's a principle thing, and I'm really sick of mafiascum mafia right now anyways... It's really awful. so I don't really mind getting lynched today. Plus, Hoopla's right, there is going to be some valuable information stemming from my lynch here.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:38 am

Post by AGar »

I was going to post a lot of responses here, but things kinda got odd so I'll just go with thoughts.

Re: Tracker's Roleclaim - I'm not inclined to believe it or disbelieve it just because it seems like it would be a semi-safe claim. Really, there's nothing that guarantees a serial killer's presence or a doctor's absence. Mafia could claim something like this and get away with it somewhat reasonably. There's too many variables for me to pass judgment on the claim in this case. I'll see how I feel about it after tomorrow rolls around.

Re: Quagmire's Policy Lynch - If you don't agree with lynching him based on policy, think of it this way. His "policy" has distracted the entire town as well as him not playing a pro-town game either way. In fact, I think that had we not had his role PM brought up, we'd have had less out of him. Distracting the town and providing no real activity isn't the definition of pro-town behavior at all.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Well, I don't see a Quagmire lynch as particularly horrible, but I still seriously want a Tracker lynch over a Quagmire lynch...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:58 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Well I mean, if Quag is sick of mafia, it's the right move to get him now rather than dragging him along.

We've got...14 hours until deadline? I'd vote quag now but it'd be the hammer so I'll stay the lynch a bit. I'll be here all day so there's no rush - though with the site issues I might do it a few hours before deadline to be safe.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 am

Post by cruelty »

Out of context quote time.
Quagmire wrote:I'm the densehead
I know.

You're not seriously comparing contribution here are you? I've brought up solid points against two other players (Flare, Tracker) in the last 2-3 days (Stopped short of making a full-on case because I want you lynched). You... well, you haven't done shit.

Nacho you've been full of one and two line posts lately - why is that? You were pretty wordy earlier on, what's changed?

Mod: I will be V/LA (basically no internet access) for about a week starting in about 4 hours.
the nexus of the crisis
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Mindgamer »

hitogoroshi wrote:Well I mean, if Quag is sick of mafia, it's the right move to get him now rather than dragging him along.
This is a waste of a lynch. Quagmire's participation in this game is his responsibility, not ours. If he feels he no longer has the motivation to go on, he should ask for a replacement.
hitogoroshi wrote:We've got...14 hours until deadline? I'd vote quag now but it'd be the hammer so I'll stay the lynch a bit. I'll be here all day so there's no rush - though with the site issues I might do it a few hours before deadline to be safe.
On the occasion of such a vague lynch, we should use all the time we have. I agree that we should not wait until the last moment, which is why I will hammer 60 minutes before deadline, but a few hours is too much. Who knows, maybe something interesting will be said in those few hours? I'm sure the moderator will be lenient on us if the site happens to be unaccessable for multiple hours at the time of deadline.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is in about
13 hours and 40 minutes
. If there is no majority at deadline, no-one will be lynched.

Vote Count

Quagmire (6)
Hoopla, Cyberbob, cruelty, AGar, Flareonage, RedCoyote
The Tracker (3)
Nachomamma8, angelmouse, hitogoroshi
Flareonage (1)
The Tracker
Cyberbob (1)
Quagmire
angelmouse (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

With twelve alive, it takes seven to guillotine.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by Hoopla »

You guys are seriously cutting it fine. Hito, just hammer, I have no idea why you're dragging this out until the very last hour. There is no reason to.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

We were waiting for the 'discussion'

that totally happened

Unvote, vote: Quagmire
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Hoopla »

What else were you expecting to see by waiting an extra 6 hours?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Nothing much, to be honest, but Mindgamer wanted to wait and quite frankly hammering then or now doesn't really make much difference to me. I was tempted to let it go to Mindgamer's 'I'll hammer an hour before deadline", but if I had an article of clothing for every time delegating responsibility to strangers was a good idea I could use a public shower without raising any eyebrows.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Final Vote Count

Quagmire (7)
Hoopla, Cyberbob, cruelty, AGar, Flareonage, RedCoyote, hitogoroshi

The Tracker (2)
Nachomamma8, angelmouse
Flareonage (1)
The Tracker
Cyberbob (1)
Quagmire
angelmouse (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

With twelve alive, it took seven to guillotine. Quagmire has 'achieved' a majority.

As the day drew to a close, the townspeople had to decide on the unfortunate soul whose head would be unattached from their body. It seems the spotlight soon fell upon a certain man stricken with severe amnesia, not remembering who he was or why he was there. The townspeople did all they could to try restore his memories - from hypnotism to ouija boards - but alas to no avail. Some suggested that they should end this man's suffering by means of euthanasia, and whilst others argued fiercely for his human rights, a consensus was reached that this would be a compassionate and fitting course of action. A certain questionable doctor was known to have arrived in town a while ago, and the townspeople called for him to administer the lethal injection. However, said doctor was nowhere to be found, so the they laid the poor amnesiac under the guillotine and prayed to the heavenly deities for forgiveness before letting the blade drop, followed by an expected splurt of blood and the sound of his head dropping into a basket. The town mourned the poor man's death, whilst secretly hoping that he was actually one of the scumbags who had infiltrated the town. Then with almost comical timing, one of the townspeople came running out of the missing doctor's house with photograph identification in his hand, yelling for the execution to be stopped. Oops.

Quagmire,
CPR Doctor
, guillotined D1

Once per night, you may PM me the name of the player you wish to 'protect': they will survive an attempt on their life that night if an attempt on their life was indeed made, otherwise they will die (unless something prevents them from dying). You cannot 'protect' yourself.

It is now N1. The deadline is set at January 26, 8:00AM GMT/UTC. All night choices that have not been sent in already must be sent in before this time.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Post by Cruciare »

The sun rises on a new day in our humble little town, but contrary to the lovely weather, all is not fine. The townspeople were startled to hear a high pitched shriek that seemed to encore the morning cockerel who had finished his daily call just two seconds earlier. They sprang out of bed still in their pajamas running towards the direction of the disturbace, and a crowd soon formed outside a certain residence isolated from the rest of town. No-one really knew who it was that lived there, but what they did know was that whoever he was, he is now no longer in this world. Apparently one of young women who went to take a stroll in the nearby woods saw the front door hanging open, and found inside a corpse who had had its face completely smashed and disfigured. Blood dripped from the gaping red opening where his face had once been, and not a shred of his facial features remained recognisable. Efforts were made to identify the poor man. On his back was a red jacket, and lying next to him was a red hat which had evidently been blown off his head. A magnifying glass was found in his pocket, and other pieces of equipment found later (up to sophisticated radar tracking systems) pointed towards the man's hobbies of secretly following other people a night. With the discovery of a certain manual in his bookshelf - "Tracking for Dummies" - the identity of this mysterious corpse was starting to become clear. The townspeople opened the bank statements lying on the table to ascertain their suspicions, and there, his name was printed clearly --

Cyberbob,
Tracker
, face smashed N1
(Oh and he was Town by the way!)

Once per night, you may PM me the name of the player you wish to track: I will reply with either a list of players which your target visited that night or "no result", in which case your target did not visit anyone that night or you were prevented from using your night action.

It is now D2. The deadline is set at February 9, 8:30AM GMT/UTC. Get lynching guys!

Vote Count

Not Voting (10)
RedCoyote, hitogoroshi, Nachomamma8, Hoopla, cruelty, Flareonage, angelmouse, AGar, The Tracker, Mindgamer

With ten alive, it takes six to stone to death.
Last edited by Cruciare on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:41 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

A Tracker flip does not bode well for our Miller claim.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:44 pm

Post by Hoopla »

RedCoyote wrote:A Tracker flip does not bode well for our Miller claim.
How does the CPR doctor flip and lack of second night kill bode for our FBI Agent claim then? :roll:
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Again?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Go town.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:43 am

Post by angelmouse »

Can you explain further? I have never played with a tracker before and a little unfamilure with the role and how that doesn't bode well for a Miller.
Hoopla wrote:How does the CPR doctor flip and lack of second night kill bode for our FBI Agent claim then?
it really doesn't bode well at all, unless a SK is setting Tracker up if there is one. I'm about 80% sure now that this a false claim. The other 20% is because there could be an FBI agent and no SK, but unlikely.

Vote: Tracker
you were scummy yesterday and your claim doesn't hold now.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:28 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Only one night kill?

Vote: The Tracker
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:02 am

Post by The Tracker »

Well, the role PM warned me there was a chance there was no SK. But I knew a wagon was going to start and if I get lynched anyway, eh, it happens.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:19 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

First thought: I'm noticing a bit of a pattern here. I think with Cruciare's odd role disclaimer we can expect the unexpected - and I think this might explain why Hoopla is a conscious miller (assuming she's truthful, of course.) An FBI agent with no SK to find and a miller who no one will notice as a miller but herself (or do millers flip scum when they die, as well?) - I could see that coming from Cruciare here. I'm not going to confirm two people as town on such specious reasoning, but it's interesting how their claims kind of bolster the likelihood of each other.

Of course Tracker still isn't really contributing, which is plenty scummy. But the people hopping on his wagon because there was no nk are missing a lot of probabilities; notably, flat-out refusing to consider an FBI agent without an SK. It's an easy place to sit and 'justify' your vote as scum without actually offering any analysis of your own.

vote:Mindgamer
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Hoopla »

The Tracker wrote:Well, the role PM warned me there was a chance there was no SK. But I knew a wagon was going to start and if I get lynched anyway, eh, it happens.
I 95% believe Tracker's claim, based on the knowledge I have of my role.

I fail to imagine a set-up where an SK can currently exist. Trying to balance a mini-normal with three killing roles is ridiculous, even for someone zany like Cruciare. Without an NK now, it isn't even worth considering.

The symmetry with the FBI Agent/CPR Doctor (Vig) and Miller/Tracker combinations seem too purposeful to fabricate. An important thing to note is that my claim, and Tracker's came before these confirmed flips. This means it eliminates the possibility of planned claims based on set-up knowledge. From my perspective, it is far more likely that this is a set-up gimmick, rather than scum-Tracker getting lucky with a fakeclaim that locks in with other roles. Although, having the knowledge a miller/tracker combination exists probably gives me more reason to believe this theory than other townspeople.

~~

Current suspects are RedCoyote and angelmouse, but I'll discuss that a bit later on.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:58 am

Post by AGar »

The Tracker wrote:Well, the role PM warned me there was a chance there was no SK. But I knew a wagon was going to start and if I get lynched anyway, eh, it happens.
I don't like this AtE.

/*I also don't like the fact that we've had 2 town PRs killed, and two non-Vanilla roles who have killed. I feel like there are way too many PRs in this game.*/

That was a bit of a setup rant, but w/e.

Anyways, what I don't like more than Tracker's AtE is Mindgamer's very simple quickvote.

I'm inclined to believe that Tracker's claim is legit with the fact that we've already had two PRs flip.

Vote: Mindgamer
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:15 am

Post by The Tracker »

I'm not trying to appeal to emotion, AGar, you're misinterpreting it. That's just how I feel about it personally.

Anyway, yeah. I'm going to read through D1 again when I have the chance. I'm pressed for time right now.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Oddly enough, I don't find the Tracker as scummy anymore. However, I'm really liking the Mindgamer wagon now. He wasn't really that involved yesterday, and didn't take a stand on anything. Add 1 quickvote and a town read on Hoopla, and what do you get?

Vote: Mindgamer
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Flareonage »

why not?
hitogoroshi wrote:
Of course Tracker still isn't really contributing, which is plenty scummy. But the people hopping on his wagon because there was no nk are missing a lot of probabilities; notably, flat-out refusing to consider an FBI agent without an SK. It's an easy place to sit and 'justify' your vote as scum without actually offering any analysis of your own.

vote:Mindgamer
What? Mindgamer was not the first person to do this
angelmouse wrote:
Hoopla wrote:How does the CPR doctor flip and lack of second night kill bode for our FBI Agent claim then?
it really doesn't bode well at all, unless a SK is setting Tracker up if there is one. I'm about 80% sure now that this a false claim. The other 20% is because there could be an FBI agent and no SK, but unlikely.

Vote: Tracker
you were scummy yesterday and your claim doesn't hold now.
Angelmouse did the same thing but with a little more content. I'm proof that lack of content does not = scum (meta)

VOTE: Hitogoroshi

If you're going to attack one person for something then you should at least acknowledge the other people that did the same thing

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”