Mafia 107 - Christmas Time Mafia (Game over)

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Bogre wrote:
Sora- I think much worse of him now that a mafia RB has been shown. It seems extremely likely that he slipped.
who is the him and what slip are you talking about with sora?
nevermind, you are answering my question ABOUT sora...not directing it TO sora...disregard.
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:10 am

Post by Tarballs »

2nd Vote Count of Day 3

5 - TheLonging
(RichardGHP, CryMeARiver, DedicatedScribe, ready2rock, sorasgoof)
2 - pman5595
(TheLonging, Bogre)
1 - Amished
(Konowa)

5 - Not voting
(DizzyIzzyB13, CCARaven4, Amished, pman5595, curiouskarmadog)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline for this day is February 9th, 2010.

Prodding CCARaven4.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:10 am

if it gets close...please do not hammer before the last nieghbor can reveal...i think it might be important.

if it gets to -1 and the neighbor doesnt reveal...I think I shall.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Konowa »

@Amished - You are correct that no scum situation is going to be the same. Would this not contradict what you later say that stats shows what is really going on? I am not basing my wagon analysis off of Dizzy's post. My belief is that mafia saw a solid vote on Navy and wanted to steer discussion and votes in another direction. My conclusion is that TheLonging being on three of the wagons after the initial vote is likely to be mafiascum. Initially, I wanted to vote TheLonging coming into this day, however by the time I got around to posting he was already at L-1 and I am not ready for a lynch just yet. The only other people to vote multiple times are r2r, Parama (who flipped town), and Pie. Now, add to this Nico calling for us to end the day and I would say that that is an easy enough excuse for mafiascum to flip their vote to diddin to further steer discussion away from Navy. That would leave TheLonging and Pie. Now I believe that one of you two are mafiascum and would be fine with lynching either one of you. Saying that, I do not believe that a fourth mafiascum would also be on the wagon. Which leaves the group {sorasgoof, ready2rock, Bogre, Raven, CryMeARiver} of which, as I already said, I think soras and Raven are the most likely to be mafiascum. I think my analysis is quite strong and am quite happy with my vote right now.

@Bogre, TheLonging - Do you think pman to be mafia or SK? I am having a hard time seeing him as mafia.

@DedicatedScribe - I can not really explain it any further than that. I just do not like the progression of thought over something that took ~two pages. It just seems that you wanted to fit it in with everyone's different feelings about the situation.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:08 am

Post by TheLonging »

I don't know, I think he could go either way. I haven't played a game where there was a serial killer though so I don't know what SK's usually play as, and thus can't tell if he is a SK. I'm thinking he's probably more mafia than SK.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:12 am

Post by TheLonging »

I don't know, I think he could go either way. I haven't played a game where there was a serial killer though so I don't know what SK's usually play as, and thus can't tell if he is a SK. I'm thinking he's probably more mafia than SK.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Konowa »

I will wait till Bogre posts whether he thinks pman is mafia or SK before I reply regarding that, TheLonging.

@Bogre - Along with answering whether you think pman is mafia or SK, who else do you think is scum?

I am interested in what Raven has to say once he gets here.
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

I am back and may post my thoughts later on today.
CCARaven4
CCARaven4
Townie
CCARaven4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by CCARaven4 »

Hi guys, I'm back. I had the first half of my only final today, the second half is on Friday, and I was gonna get back in the game at that point, but then I got the email about having to respond within 24 hours, and I still want to be a part of this game, it seems very interesting, not much voting, but a lot of names flying around.

I haven't posted since D1, so I had to catch up on both days real quick.

I'm liking what Amished is doing with his posts, I didn't have a read on Pie before he left, so I'm gonna go with Amished as town.

Konowa is definitely town as well. No scum would try so hard to scumhunt. I'm calling Vanilla Town on him, because he really is playing like he has nothing to lose but his life. I really liked his post that ended up with
Konowa wrote: One of {TheLonging,
InflatablePie
Amished} is mafiascum.
One of {sorasgoof, Raven} is mafiascum.
One of {ready2rock, DedicatedScribe} is SK.
and because I believe that Amished is town, I'm going to go with TheLonging as the mafiascum in that group. I'll get to the sorasgoof and me group in a minute, but out of the R2R, DedicatedScribe group, I'm leaning toward R2R being scum there.

As for the group I am a part of with sorasgoof, I think it's basically there because we haven't been posting much. I don't believe he's scum, and I know I'm not.

vote: TheLonging
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by TheLonging »

So Raven: Between me and Amished, you think I am mafia in that group. Sounds fair. So you think I am the only scummy person in the game then? Or do you think out of the two you listed as scum... why do you think I am more scummy?
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

CCARaven4
CCARaven4
Townie
CCARaven4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by CCARaven4 »

TheLonging wrote:So Raven: Between me and Amished, you think I am mafia in that group. Sounds fair. So you think I am the only scummy person in the game then? Or do you think out of the two you listed as scum... why do you think I am more scummy?
The other person I listed as 'scum' was R2R in the Serial Killer category. I think it's pretty clear that there's a serial killer, and out of him and DedicatedScribe, I'm leaning toward R2R, but not significantly. You were the only one that I saw as significantly different than their 'partner' in Konowa's groupings.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

School is going back in a few days so I will be a little less active from now on. I'll be on in the weekends, but I will try and post at least a few times during the week.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

EBWOP:

Mod: I will be V/LA from 29th to 31st January GMT +13 time.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by Bogre »

@Konowa

He's scum, I don't know whether mafia/SK.

As for other scum, I'd say soras, TL, and Crymeariver are probably the people i'm going to look at next.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:44 am

please do not hammer until the 4th neighbor claims...

I will give them 24 hours to do so, if they dont I will
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Tarballs »

Prodding pman5595.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:50 am

Post by ready2rock »

I'm back and will respond to everything later today. Right now, I have homework to do.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Konowa »

Okay, now that both TheLonging and Bogre have replied I want to say that it is very unlikely that pman is mafia due to his interactions with malpascp, Flareonage replaced him. I do not think that mafiapman would vote malpascp for lurking, unvote him when comes back, and then revote him for lack of content (iso posts 22, 27, and 31 for your viewing pleasure). Now, this does not preclude pman from being SK, I just do not think he is.

I am not liking Raven's buddying towards me, nor the lack of original thought in his two posts.

Since TheLonging is L-1, I will reveal myself as the fourth neighbor. Thoughts?

Seeing as how I think that the possibility of either TheLonging or Amished is scum is very likely, I will hammer TheLonging tomorrow afternoon when I get off of work, if he is not already hammered.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:10 am

Post by pman5595 »

well. Just got prodded. I've been reading the thread, but just not posting >.> I'm still active for everyone wondering.

*spends 15 minutes trying to find the post from day 1 with bogre's case on me*

*reads case*

This is what I see in that case
• pman asked for thelonging to claim when thelonging was L-1. SCUM!
• pman was not talking mean to thelonging when he was close to being lynched. that means he might be scum
• accuses me of buddying to parama be calling my vote to put pressure on lurkers the parama option (hey it's what parama does). I was not buddying to parama. I was voting a player to make them stop lurking.

so yeah, I don't like the case on me. It includes information but nothing that really means anything. I think that is called waffling. I don't really blame Bogre though. What is more scummy to me is how TheLonging jumped on the rival wagon ( I believe Parama wrote a song about that. I suppose Bogre will think this is buddying lol).
FoS: TheLonging
. Still not quite sure enough to vote.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:53 am

Post by ready2rock »

OK, I'm going to try and respond to as much as I can. If I miss anything, let me know.
CryMeARiver wrote:
ready2rock wrote:EBWOP TheLonging fails, as requested by soras.

By the way, that was a hammer.
Not a hammer...
I was referring to the linked post (TheLonging's vote) being a hammer on NavyCherub, not my vote on TheLonging.
curiouskarmadog wrote:you are giving me an FoS because I think you are scummy...well join the fucking club with Sora...both you decided to bitch about that on the same page....explain to me what is scummy about me thinking you could be scum? Maybe if your play improved or you did something that was pro town, my opinion might change.
I was giving you a FoS not because you thought we were scummy, but because you always seem to draw everything back to the people you are suspicious of instead of actually commenting on what other people have said. As I said, it's tunneling and I'm getting tired of it. In every post, you seem to mention me or soras even if we haven't posted. You will say stuff like "@x person: don't you think that r2r and soras are being really scummy right now?"
curiouskarmadog wrote:lol, why are you so afraid to repost it? maybe it has something to do with you are trying to push a case that you posted in 510..and we are at post 1200? I will check out these posts….but for someone who is supposedly trying to find scum and if you really think that pman is scum, you should be REALLY advocating his lynch. I ask for a case, you should repost it immediately…maybe even give some current insight on him. When you say look it up yourself, if tells me that you really dont want my vote on pman. It tells me you dont really feel like your case is a good one to repost and actively talk about it. This just stinks of someone who is not really scum hunting. Why would anyone who thought someone was scum, not want to repost a case they believe in? Why are you not asking people's opinion of pman? If you think he is scum, wouldnt you want to know people's stances on him. So what you posted it before(in day 1), I ask you to repost it today (day 3)…but you are being dodgey instead. Why the fuck is someone who is protown so dodgey? Welcome to the top 3 of my scum list. You are not scum hunting, only trying to look like you are.
Interesting how you found a way to do the same thing bogre is doing now on day 1 when I was asking you the same thing.
Also check out my post 7, Kon asked who I felt was scummy.
Also, after that I asked where he had posted a scum list OUTSIDE of that post, and he responded in post 759 still referring to that same post.
-I (as you have stated) haven’t posted that much, so I don’t know why you are having such a hard time finding information in them….please read my post 11, I explain why Richard is not a good lynch for the town (actually the first person in this entire game to use this reasoning)…now that you have found please address.
concerning TL:
@TheLonging: Interesting. You never said anything about quoting and paraphrasing originally when someone asked you why the color was green. You just said this in post 192:
TheLonging wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:@longing, why did you use the green font? Why not just say vanilla. did you copy and paste? if so from where?
I copy and pasted it from my role PM. Which is why I used the green font.
This is what I was trying to prove in my previous post. If you had copy-pasted it as you said you did, there would not be green font.

Also, this is the SECOND time in the game that people have said that this was the only reason I voted when I put:
For this and other reasons pointed out by CMAR and Richard including contradictory statements and backtracking, I have no choice but to Vote: TheLonging
This also happened when I voted on Richard and it was the initial reason ckd voted for me.
Amished wrote:@soras, ready2rock, TheLonging: How do you feel about how you've played this game so far?
This is the first time that I have said this all game, but this is the first game of mafia I have participated in. I have followed threads of other mafia games and read on the wiki quite a bit, so I felt confident enough in my abilities to be able to skip the newbie phase. However, I discovered that there are certain things that you can only learn by playing in a game, and I made quite a few mistakes early on (see: my 7-way FoS at the beginning of the game). I am trying the best I can to eliminate scum and play a good game.

So, in summary, I think that I have played a good game so far for my first game, but there were some curve balls thrown at me that I wasn't expecting. I hope that answers your question.

On me "pushing the diddin lynch" and yet avoiding it, I have already explained the post you are referring to at the beginning of the day in post 1145.
It was more of an informational post. The point of these lists was for the town to come to a concensus, and this was the closest to a consensus that we reached.
Speaking of that post, you STILL haven't answered the question I posed to you day 1. How are CCARaven and I (me?) a scumteam?
TheLonging wrote:I don't know, I think he could go either way. I haven't played a game where there was a serial killer though so I don't know what SK's usually play as, and thus can't tell if he is a SK. I'm thinking he's probably more mafia than SK.
LFE was a SK in Scorehero Mafia 1.

*runs*

Just kidding, I know what you're saying.
Konowa wrote:Since TheLonging is L-1, I will reveal myself as the fourth neighbor. Thoughts?
ckd is scum between you two.

/wall of text
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:16 am

Post by ready2rock »

EBWOP: I forgot to add something to the part concerning diddin. I was not on the lynch because I was not online at the time. By the time I actually got to the thread, it was night 1. The day 2 lynch also happened really fast.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:21 am

Post by TheLonging »

ready2rock wrote: @TheLonging: Interesting. You never said anything about quoting and paraphrasing originally when someone asked you why the color was green. You just said this in post 192:
TheLonging wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:@longing, why did you use the green font? Why not just say vanilla. did you copy and paste? if so from where?
I copy and pasted it from my role PM. Which is why I used the green font.
This is what I was trying to prove in my previous post. If you had copy-pasted it as you said you did, there would not be green font.
I did copy and paste it, I quoted it. Anyways, did you use this as the basis of one of your votes? Someone did it, but whoever did it, it's a bad reason to vote.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:49 am

Post by ready2rock »

@TheLonging: You never paraphrased anything though. You are backtracking. You are saying different things every time when I ask you this.

Concerning my reasoning to vote: read the VERY NEXT LINE of that post.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:44 pm

r2r, i have expressed suspicion of Sora, YOU, and Bog..and i am scummy for tunneling on all 3?...bullshit...perhaps you dont know the meaning of tunneling.

you have yet to explain WHY I am scummy...if you think i am scum, put a case together...push it..get others to comment on it, force players to make stances on me...you are not scum hunting (either, like bog)...
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by ready2rock »

curiouskarmadog wrote:r2r, i have expressed suspicion of Sora, YOU, and Bog..and i am scummy for tunneling on all 3?...bullshit...perhaps you dont know the meaning of tunneling.

you have yet to explain WHY I am scummy...if you think i am scum, put a case together...push it..get others to comment on it, force players to make stances on me...you are not scum hunting (either, like bog)...
1. Here is what I think tunneling is: focusing on one player to the extent that that is almost solely what you focus on. This is what you seem to be doing and what I acused you of the 1st case against you. You voted pie saying he was the scummiest, but then after I made a suspicious post, you forgot all about him and focused almost exclusively on me. Then once soras posted something suspicious, you probably would have posted almost exclusively against him had I not voiced my suspicions of you. Then, in almost every post, you try to get the town to lynch us.

examples:
curiouskarmadog wrote:also, R2R is a much better wagon.....
curiouskarmadog wrote:I think a diddin or an R2R lynch is so much better……
curiouskarmadog wrote:sora, you are in all types of shit tomorrow!
curiouskarmadog wrote:also I havent forgotten sora's "what about a mafia RB, before we had any knowledge of any type of RB yet" post either...
curiouskarmadog wrote:cry what has sora done you deem town?
OK, maybe "tunneling" isn't exactly right in this situation, but you do seem to try to draw everything back to soras and I more than every other player.

2. I have explained my case on you multiple times. Look in my iso and control-F your name, and I'm sure you'll find the reason why I'm calling you scummy and had a vote on you for a long time on day 1.

If you really want me to, I will find the points that are still relevant later, but right now, I need to do more homework.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”