Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hoopla wrote: Wouldn't wagoning someone else available, ie; Mindgamer, be a better way to do the self-preservation thing?
Um, no. If you're an SK, you don't know who is town and who is scum. Joining a bandwagon that could go to a lynch is something SKs don't like to do because it IS a possible mislynch, and it is possible that you might have to post reasoning for it. Lurker votes are safe because it is generally considered a pro-town thing to do (hey, look! I'm getting rid of a non-contributer!), you don't really have to have that much reasoning to back it up (she's lurking. 'nuff said), and people don't normally get lynched just for lurking on Day 2.
Hoopla wrote: I'm laughing at the SK thing though - why would you even attempt to use this as a genuine point? There was no NK. It would be such a bad play to go after a supposed SK out of paranoia, rather than trying to lynch mafia.
Nice misrepresentation. Although I must admit, I should read through the game again because I was pretty damn sure Cyberbob didn't just disappear into thin air. And I would go after a supposed SK before no-lynching, whether "out of paranoia" or not. Wouldn't you?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by Cruciare »

angelmouse still has not shown up (or picked up her prod). Search for a replacement began a while ago.

Vote Count

Mindgamer (3)
hitogoroshi, AGar, Nachomamma8
The Tracker (1)
angelmouse
hitogoroshi (1)
Flareonage
cruelty (1)
RedCoyote
angelmouse (1)
Hoopla

Not Voting (3)
cruelty, The Tracker, Mindgamer

With ten alive, it takes six to stone to death.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by AGar »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
AGar wrote: Hoopla was a town read.
Yesterday, I said that. Earlier today, I said that she had the highest chance of being the SK, if there is one. As an SK, claiming miller is a pretty good way to go, and lately the positions she's been taking (lurker votes, but not jumping on any wagons) have smelled strongly of self-preservation.
No. You said that in your first post today. Here it is:
Nachomamma8 in post 323 wrote:Oddly enough, I don't find the Tracker as scummy anymore. However, I'm really liking the Mindgamer wagon now. He wasn't really that involved yesterday, and didn't take a stand on anything. Add 1 quickvote and a town read on Hoopla, and what do you get?

Vote: Mindgamer
Opening day post was #312. Thus, you are lying.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
AGar wrote: The Tracker wasn't that scummy to you anymore.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean that I'd no lynch over lynching him.
Ok fair enough.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:45 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I wouldn't jump to lying, but that's a pretty clean cut contradiction.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:48 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Flare, what would be your perfect D2 for this game?

Give me the person you most want lynched, at least one person you wouldn't mind to see lynched, and a person you are willing to stand behind as a safe bet for townie.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

RedCoyote wrote:Don't take it personal, Mindgamer. If you feel overburdened, then by all means replace out, but no one here is trying to attack you as a person. There's a definite line between thinking what you did is or isn't scummy and thinking you are making the game non-enjoyable, and so far as I can tell no one thinks you are making the game non-enjoyable.
Ok, then I will stay.

I don't really know what to say at this moment, so I will do what everyone is doing: Tell town and scum reads.
I don't really trust Nachomamma8 and Cruelty. I think Hitogoroshi is town, because he hammered Quagmire while I said I would hammer him. If he were mafia, he would much rather let me hammer Quagmire than hammering himself. A hammer on a townie before deadline is always suspicious.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Flareonage »

RedCoyote wrote:Flare, what would be your perfect D2 for this game?

Give me the person you most want lynched, at least one person you wouldn't mind to see lynched, and a person you are willing to stand behind as a safe bet for townie.
I wouldn't mind lynching tracker. He rarely posts, I'm the same way so I guess that reasoning applies to me

A safe bet for townie? There's no way for me to know who is town so I'm not just gonna blindly trust 1 single player.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by AGar »

Mindgamer wrote:I think Hitogoroshi is town, because he hammered Quagmire while I said I would hammer him. If he were mafia, he would much rather let me hammer Quagmire than hammering himself. A hammer on a townie before deadline is always suspicious.
This is laced and loaded with WIFOM.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by AGar »

Mindgamer wrote:I think Hitogoroshi is town, because he hammered Quagmire while I said I would hammer him. If he were mafia, he would much rather let me hammer Quagmire than hammering himself. A hammer on a townie before deadline is always suspicious.
This is laced and loaded with WIFOM.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

AGar wrote: Opening day post was #312. Thus, you are lying.
Well, I stand corrected... Hoopla still isn't a strong enough town read to no-lynch instead of lynching her.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
AGar wrote: Opening day post was #312. Thus, you are lying.
Well, I stand corrected... Hoopla still isn't a strong enough town read to no-lynch instead of lynching her.
That's helpful - I'd argue that lynching
anyone
is better than no lynching, but we should never be scrambling for lynches at deadlines.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

cruelty wrote:Ok Red, let's take your vote seriously.
RC (my bolding) wrote:
I seriously got the impression that cruelty voted Quagmire almost purely out of spite
, especially after their little slapfest at the end of the day. He won't agree with that characterization of course, but the town can draw their own conclusions. cruelty played a big part in artifically extending that wagon.
He either did so out of emotion and principle, being against Quagmire's D1 play, or he did so to because he did not want another wagon to garner any steam
, as lynching townQuagmire or (supposedly) townTheTracker would've been good enough.

That's inconsistent. The first bolded part, you're sure I'm basing my vote on emotion, then you're suddenly ascribing devious logic to it, saying that I artificially extended the wagon out of
either
spite or strategy.

That's not a case. That's a silly little justification for a vote with a backdoor you can quietly slip out if things don't work out.
mmm yeah, i think i side with cruelty here. hey cruelty, want to start a bandwagon on RC with me? It'll be fun.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Hoopla »

hitogoroshi wrote:If deadline hits us by surprise, the only people I'd rather no lynch than lynch are RC and AGar.
Nachomamma8 wrote: Nice misrepresentation. Although I must admit, I should read through the game again because I was pretty damn sure Cyberbob didn't just disappear into thin air.
And I would go after a supposed SK before no-lynching, whether "out of paranoia" or not.
Wouldn't you?
People really need to stop using this mode of thinking to justify a lynch - it's classic 'keep your options open' play, a premium for scum. Even if these are town posts, it isn't helpful, as it allows scum to manipulate play knowing that players are open to multiple lynches.

If we are scrambling for a lynch at deadline, we have such low chances of actually hitting scum. If we want to lynch scum, we need to organise it before it's too late.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by Flareonage »

when is the deadline? Didn't see it in the last vote count
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Flareonage wrote:
I wouldn't mind lynching tracker. He rarely posts, I'm the same way so I guess that reasoning applies to me
It's called having a life. You tried it, yes?

Anyway, I'm liking a Mindgamer lynch, yes. He seems to be cracking under pressure a bit. Town feels no such pressure and is very unlikely to crack because of the knowledge of innocence. Not to mention the latest post was as AGar said laced and loaded with WIFOM. So yeah, I'm fine with an L-2 to Mindboy.

vote: Mindgamer

Honestly I had no idea why people suspected RC until Cruelty's post. Now I see why.

Flareon...well, as he knows he's being hypocritical putting me in the hotseat for not being around much that just explains that issue away. Most of my stuff on his case was from yesterday though.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:26 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Flare 406 wrote:A safe bet for townie? There's no way for me to know who is town so I'm not just gonna blindly trust 1 single player.
There's not one person here you feel comfortable is town?

---
Hoopla 411 wrote:mmm yeah, i think i side with cruelty here. hey cruelty, want to start a bandwagon on RC with me? It'll be fun.
Tracker 414 wrote:Honestly I had no idea why people suspected RC until Cruelty's post. Now I see why.
Alright, this really grinds my gears (unless you mixed the names up, Tracker, in which case you may ignore this). Apparently my response was just flat ignored because I responded to cruelty in post 396. Why wouldn't y'all quote that? If you agree with him, what do you have to say to it? Why are y'all skimming the game when it's moving as slow as it is?

---

See, I'm in a tricky situation. There is no one I can go with to prop an alternative lynch. Like I said, I think the Mindgamer lynch is okay, and I have no problem moving my vote to his wagon as the deadline approaches. It would just be more helpful for the town if there were to be another strong wagon as opposed to a few individual votes. The problem is that, coincidentally, everyone who
isn't
on the Mindgamer wagon is bad news, with the exception of me and possibly angelmouse's replacement.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Hold it!

I just realized something.
Flare 406 wrote:I wouldn't mind lynching tracker.
So you don't believe his claim any longer?
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by cruelty »

Hoopla wrote: mmm yeah, i think i side with cruelty here. hey cruelty, want to start a bandwagon on RC with me? It'll be fun.
Yeah, I got ya.

vote: RC

RC - I'm not going to bother really responding to your 396. Suffice to say I disagree, I think the original post
was
inconsistent and you're unlikely to be able to change my mind.
RC wrote:The problem is that, coincidentally, everyone who isn't on the Mindgamer wagon is bad news, with the exception of me and possibly angelmouse's replacement.
6/10 (including AM's replacement)? 6 players are bad news, and those (3) on the MG wagon are cleared in your eyes? Interesting.

MG wrote:I think Hitogoroshi is town, because he hammered Quagmire while I said I would hammer him.
Been brought up, but quoted to show my displeasure with this statement.
Flare wrote:I wouldn't mind lynching tracker. He rarely posts
Do you find him scummy or is this entirely due to lurking?
the nexus of the crisis
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:05 am

Post by Cruciare »

EdFrost replaces angelmouse as soon as he posts! And to whoever asked about it, deadline is in about a week.
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:06 am

Post by EdFrost »

/confirm that I'm replacing angelmouse and that I have read my role PM.

I'll read the thread and get back to you guys.

~ F
RAWR
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:08 am

Post by cruelty »

EdFrost wrote:I have read my role PM
(relief)
the nexus of the crisis
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:13 am

Post by EdFrost »

cruelty wrote:
EdFrost wrote:I have read my role PM
(relief)
I suppose this is due to quagmire not reading his role PM? Don't worry, I won't do stuff resembling that.

Hopefully.

~ F
RAWR
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:18 am

Post by Hoopla »

Unvote, vote: RedCoyote
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:19 am

Post by Hoopla »

Hey Ed, earn yourself some early town points and jump on the RedCoyote wagon.
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:51 am

Post by EdFrost »

Hey Hoopla,

Happy Birthday and where's the best case against RedCoyote to check it?
RAWR

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”