Mini 928 - Bloodlust Mafia Remix - Over!

The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:44 am

Post by The1fifi »

Your first vote was Totally RSV? ok then, i can go with that. For now...
unvote

There isn't scum-fifi or town-fifi. i play always the same way. Sometimes with more attention, sometimes with less, but that depends on the mood and not the alignment.
Matteh says :
Also, the wiki is only a REFERENCE point. Don't live by what it says
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

can you link to past games that show this?
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by The1fifi »

I have only one finished game, so i can't link you to other games and give you info about my alignment in them. but i will link you to my first game here if you want, altough i am a lot diferent now, since i gained a lot of experienced
Matteh says :
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Day 1 Votecount:

Haylen (1) - almightybob
almightybob (1) - Mr.Sandman
McZombie (1) - MrSuave
The1fifi (4) - CS, Concerned, julien, bv130
julienwolfe (1) - ConfidAnon
Concerned (1) - Dr.Cyanide
MrSuave (1) - McZombie

Not Voting (2): The1fifi, Haylen

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is March 5th.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by MrSuave »

wait wait.... only 1? was it a noobie game? if not, you remind me of me =D
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:49 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

julien wrote: Honestly, I find the accusation that I say things to make people look bad really annoying. Am I supposed to find scum by making them look good?
No :roll: The things you pick on and the way you do it make you look bad too. Evidenced by your lynch last game.
fifi wrote: Your first vote was Totally RSV? ok then, i can go with that...unvote
Umm, you didn't double check that or weren't aware of that? Before you used it as a bad reason to vote him?
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:32 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Fifi, please do post the link to that game. I think that I need meta on you. (I do think that at best it's useless to say that you play identically as town and scum if you can't show that you do.)
Civil Scum wrote:
julien wrote: Honestly, I find the accusation that I say things to make people look bad really annoying. Am I supposed to find scum by making them look good?
No :roll: The things you pick on and the way you do it make you look bad too. Evidenced by your lynch last game.
As I remember, that lynch was due to a bad statistical analysis of my interactions wtih somebody else that was supported by scum, plus a drunken hammer. Meanwhile, that day, I had managed to be suspicious of both scum, remember?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:56 am

Post by Civil Scum »

To digress from issues here (like lynching fifi), we still lost. Just my opinion maybe, but I'd just suggest keeping your weak/strained points to yourself, and sticking with your better ones. It can have a tendency to throw everyone else off by attracting undue attention to your scum-hunting preceedings.
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:30 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Apologies for my inactivity, been having problems logging in. I'll have a read and post a few thoughts when I get a chance
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:40 am

Post by almightybob »

i play always the same way.
You might think you do, but hardly anyone can play exactly the same. If you could, you would be practically the perfect Mafia player.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Haylen »

Yo Mod-or-ate-or, prods are needed.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Haylen »

Lol, i've only just cottoned on to why AB knew I was SK in the last bloodlust...
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:29 am

Post by almightybob »

Haylen wrote:Lol, i've only just cottoned on to why AB knew I was SK in the last bloodlust...
:lol:

For those that don't know - I created and moderated this setup in Mini 851, which Haylen won as SK. Hence my RVS comments regarding meta.
Oh and congratulations on getting engaged Haylen :)

Anyway, back on-topic:

I'm not hugely impressed with fifi's post 91. Particularly the way she says "pushing for my mislynch", as if it's established that she
would
be a mislynch. It looks like a soft Townclaim to me, and I don't like softclaims.
Plus, the vote looks like pure OMGUS.

Then in post 94, she seems to push the idea that Concerned is somehow scummy for forgetting that he was voting you in the RVS. No connection here that I can see.

Then again in post 97, she seems to be confused as to how lurking could be scummy. Lurking is a good and common scum tactic for several reasons:
It keeps you at the back of people's minds, so you don't receive as much pressure or scrutiny.
It allows you to post less, so that you provide less information for people to get a read on you.
It allows you to keep your options open by rarely expressing a solid opinion or taking a stance on issues or players.

These are all reasons why staying out of the spotlight can be scummy.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:02 am

Post by The1fifi »

Yeah, but i am kind of IN the spotlight, bob... And are you suspicious of me softclaiming town? That is hilarious sorry.

Posting the link pretty soon (i was town)
Matteh says :
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:03 am

Post by The1fifi »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13110

the game is indeed over, but the mod never posted again -.-
Matteh says :
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Prodding Dr.Cyanide and McZombie.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Dr.Cyanide
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Dr.Cyanide »

Sorry, for inactivity. Was working on a vote analysis for another game. Nachomamm8, your prods are awesome.

First of all.
Unvote

Secondly, attack, defend- draw relative conclusions, mislynch. Everyones going to be jumping to conclusions D1. Maybe we should try something else.
Show
"When I said that Mercy stood,
Within the borders of the wood,
I meant the lenient beast with claws,
And bloody swift-dispatching jaws."

"Cyanide has the BEST avatar ever." ~animorpherv1

Back from Sabbatical. Yay me.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by almightybob »

The1fifi wrote:Yeah, but i am kind of IN the spotlight, bob... And are you suspicious of me softclaiming town? That is hilarious sorry.
Yes, you are in the spotlight. Concerned was suggesting that you were trying to shift discussion away from yourself, in order to get out of the spotlight. That was his whole point.

And yes, I am. Why is that hilarious?
You state that your lynch would be a mislynch as if it is a fact, thus implicitly stating that you are Town as if it is a fact. You are not showing us that you're Town, you're telling us. I don't like that.
Dr Cyanide wrote:Secondly, attack, defend- draw relative conclusions, mislynch. Everyones going to be jumping to conclusions D1. Maybe we should try something else.
Why do you assume that the conclusions we draw will result in a mislynch? And what else do you suggest?
I'm a townie! Honest!

The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by The1fifi »

almightybob wrote:
The1fifi wrote:Yeah, but i am kind of IN the spotlight, bob... And are you suspicious of me softclaiming town? That is hilarious sorry.
Yes, you are in the spotlight. Concerned was suggesting that you were trying to shift discussion away from yourself, in order to get out of the spotlight. That was his whole point.

You state that your lynch would be a mislynch as if it is a fact, thus implicitly stating that you are Town as if it is a fact. You are not showing us that you're Town, you're telling us. I don't like that.
Dr Cyanide wrote:Secondly, attack, defend- draw relative conclusions, mislynch. Everyones going to be jumping to conclusions D1. Maybe we should try something else.
Why do you assume that the conclusions we draw will result in a mislynch? And what else do you suggest?
i didn't even think what my alignment was, nor i tought about making it clear in the post. Now that you point it, i see it as a town tell. A intentional one, and thats what makes it a town tell. And the fact that you are using such a weak argument against me, makes me suspect you a lot.
Matteh says :
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

julienvonwolfe wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:Alright, explain how I have a "wanton lack of critical thinking" and the following quote:
julien, 83 wrote:What about 'buddying up to everyone' is trying too hard to have a reason for my vote?
Are you trying to say that I've been buddying up to everyone?
No. If you read my 66, you will see that this was my main problem with Fifi, not you. My vote is on Fifi, not you, which makes your thinking I'm referring to you here quite strange.

Why did you think I was voting for Fifi, seeing that you missed this?
In 83, you made a comment about me having a "wanton lack of critical thinking, then quoted a post of mine, then asked something about buddying up with everyone. Because the question directly followed your quote of my post, I assumed it was directed at me.
Dr.Cyanide
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Dr.Cyanide »

almightybob wrote: Why do you assume that the conclusions we draw will result in a mislynch? And what else do you suggest?
I think its too early in the game to be closeminded. In fact, I don't see the point in being closeminded ingame fullstop. We're supposed to be scum-hunting, not attacking anything we can find, diluting the situation further. This was a weak-based argument that is just cluttering up the thread.
Show

Dr.Cyanide
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Dr.Cyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Dr.Cyanide »

As for what I suggest, I'm not a fan of RQS, but it's a start.
Show

almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by almightybob »

The1fifi wrote:i didn't even think what my alignment was, nor i tought about making it clear in the post. Now that you point it, i see it as a town tell. A intentional one, and thats what makes it a town tell. And the fact that you are using such a weak argument against me, makes me suspect you a lot.
You say it was intentional, and yet you also said you didn't think about it. Which is it?

Also, I fail to see how trying to subtly seed information as fact like this is a town tell.
Dr C wrote:I think its too early in the game to be closeminded. In fact, I don't see the point in being closeminded ingame fullstop. We're supposed to be scum-hunting, not attacking anything we can find, diluting the situation further. This was a weak-based argument that is just cluttering up the thread.
Surely attacking every perceived weakness, instead of just some, is the definition of open-mindedness? How do you scumhunt if not by pressing and attacking positions and arguments?
Dr C wrote:As for what I suggest, I'm not a fan of RQS, but it's a start.
I think we're past the stage of RQS or RVS. There are a couple of decent leads here already, certainly better than anything we would get from RQS. That would be a step backwards now.
I'm not sure I like this attempt to undo what progress we have made by going back to another equally useless Random *blank* Stage.
I'm a townie! Honest!

MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by MrSuave »

The1fifi wrote:
almightybob wrote:

i didn't even think what my alignment was, nor i tought about making it clear in the post. Now that you point it, i see it as a town tell. A intentional one, and thats what makes it a town tell. And the fact that you are using such a weak argument against me, makes me suspect you a lot.
it may be weak, but still... you post the game where you were town, but didn't you say earlier that you think you have probably changed your playing style? you've set up a lot of WIFOM, like "if you were scum, you would try to look like your town game you linked us to so we would think you are scum." stuff like that =___=. also telling people that you calling yourself town is a town tell is pretty fishy. that line alone makes you seem scummy. >=( FOS:fifi
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

dr cyanide wrote: I'm not a fan of RQS, but it's a start.
Yeah, THAT won't clutter up the thread :roll:

Suggest something productive otherwise quit defending fifi. You do realize that he voted someone for "double-voting", not realizing or looking to see that the first vote was a random one they forgot about.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to stick with the top suspect until something else arises. You assume because people are hounding him, they aren't looking at anyone else? The town can't have a top-early suspect?

Just what are you saying? Besides that a RQS is better and will not clutter the thread. That's one of the silliest things I've heard on this site in a long time.

fifi wrote: didn't even think what my alignment was, nor i tought about making it clear in the post. Now that you point it, i see it as a town tell. A intentional one, and thats what makes it a town tell.
I suppose you meant "unintentional". At any rate, you should easily see why this doesn't help anyone else besides you determine anything.

That said, I think it is a weak point. But your OMGUS vote for Suave was terrible imo. As was the unvote.
fifi wrote: But i didn't say it was suspicious not to be friendly.
ORLY?

Well, I guess you didn't say that exactly, but then what was the point of this:
fifi wrote: Ummm.. I don't see nothing wrong in being friendly.
And who was it directed at?
fifi wrote: Self voting isn't something scummy, and voting someone for playing nice and joking in the RVS is scummy as f***.
Not that scummy actually.

Let's not forget the self-voting, back-tracking, to get reactions. Also non-plus fare if you ask me.

Dr cyanide, there are things to look at here, it's troubling to hear you suggest that we abandon it. We still have people to hear from, and I've got a couple other bad vibes, and it's early. But to say we should ignore all of this and do what is, I TOTALLY agree, going BACKWARDS, is, well, very backwards of you.

fifi wrote: Are you so eager in pushing for my mislynch that you even vote me twice?
First off, this isn't a good reason to vote for someone...um not even close, and he retracts it almost immediatly saying that he didn't know suave didn't know he was revoting the same person.

Anyways, more often than not, a person would just use the word lynch here. It is a minor/weak/uncertain point, but I can definitely see why it might strike mr sauve. Especially with how horrific it is to hear fifi saying now that it's a town tell.

Not sure I believe a word from fifi so far, though I have a considerable doubt tied to his responses to julien.

Namely this:
fifi wrote: You are just trying too hard to make me look bad,
He hasn't carried it through to the length I did in my last game with julien, although I cautioned him agaisnt it to be fair, but this was exactly my initial response to julien's attacks then. To have elicited the same reaction from another player as he did from me when I was a townie does cause me to doubt this early case some. Though it could just be something fifi had noticed and latched onto to attack julien, it being a fairly obvious aspect of julien's scum hunting and mainly what I cited in calling for his lynch the entire game.

That's another thing julien, as long as this is still a topic of some debate between us, people may have a hard time getting behind you on things (like I did last game) when your cases on people (like me) are cluttered with garbage.

So far, dr cyanide, your defens of fifi amounts to: "Early cases are never right and never hit scum...it's ALWAYS a later one, the third or fourth..." Interesting defense.
Was there anything else to it?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”