Mafia 109 - A Glitch in time - Game Over!

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

A clergyman with a hoop wrote: Some less obvious defences than screaming in thread to derail the lynch:
How could you say that, and then quote two posts where I attacked Nik?

Clergy wrote:quote="Yos2 while voting CSL"]Meh, at the moment, I wouldn't be too unhappy with either a Nik or a CSL lynch. Nik has yet to give me any reason to think he's town. I don't know why everyone is so eager to let CSL survive the day without even trying to explain his incredibly scummy and anti-town behavior, though, and I really don't think CSL should survive the day unless he at least tries to start making sense. The way people seem to be leaping in to try to stop him from getting lynched without giving any good reason for it just makes me want to kill CSL more.
Yos2 with Nik at L-1 on page 17 wrote:In any case, though, Nik, I really need to hear something useful from you. A defense, a case against someone, what you think about one of the other people, who you think we should lynch today, ect. Right now, I'm willing to see you lynched mostly because you have yet to really do anything all game, Nik.
[/quote]

The first post, I say I wouldn't mind seeing Nik lynched. The second post, I repeat that, and attack Nik for never giving useful content (which, in a speed game, is pretty much the best tell there is.) There was also a third post where I clearly state that, while I would have rather seen CSL lynched, I was going to hammer Nik on Monday night if he didn't give me a clear reason why not to.

I had 2 main suspects all day yesterday, and I was right about one of them. I was attacking Nik from his first scumtell on like page 2 or something, and I was right. You were attacking me all day yesterday BECAUSE you hated my attacks on Nik and you were insisting he was town, and now you're going to try to attack me because you think i wasn't attacking him enough or something?

Yeah, that's BS.
The two who were pushing CSL the most were Yos2 and Para.
Yup. I'm still amazed CSL flipped town, I don't know how that's possible.

They both take very non-commital views on Nikanor, and have that "Nikanor is an ok lynch but I'm not going to vote him because look over here, this guy is MORE scummy" type of attitude.
False. I WAS voting Nik for most of the day, and only switched to CSL when he acted in an absurdly scummy way. And I always made clear that I was still suspicious of Nik, and was only voting CSL because he looked even worse.
I think I'm going to
Vote Yos2
, with suspicious glaces at Para in second place and the others mentioned rounding out the pack.
And this is clearly a pre-emptive OMGUS. You're voting me because it's clear I'm leaning towards voting you. All of your other reasons are obviously untrue, and I'm pretty sure you know that.

You know what, forget it.
Vote:Clergy
I've given you enough chances to explain yourself, and every time you post you just make less sense then the last. Die scum die.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Haylen »

The Pepsi (Definately not Sprite :P) Vote Count

Parama -
Nachomamma -
McZombie -
Maemuki -
Ythan - Weaboo
Miserable At Best - camn, Nachomamma8, Ythan, Drippereth, Maemuki ~
Dramonic - SpyreX
camn -
SpyreX - Anon
A Clergyman with a Hoop - Parama, Kmd, Yosarian2
Drippereth - Miserable At Best
Yosarian2 - A Clergyman with a Hoop
Anon -
KMD -
Weaboo -

Not Voting - McZombie, Dramonic

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Lots of Love,
Hayl
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Maemuki »

This thread needs moar McZombie.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Ythan »

MaB iso

0 You want RVS to be as big a waste a time as possible?
1 I don't see this request following from slow loading times.
5 So you're useless and we should kill you instead of a contributing potential townie?
6 So you're useless and we should kill you instead of a contributing potential townie?
8 Deflecting the case on you by pointing out that Nik pushed against you is scummy.
9 Yes there's a wagon on you and for good reason.
11 They very well could, when stacked up with your idiotic actions.
13 Pitiful attempt? Die scum.

affirm vote
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:31 am

Post by Haylen »

McZombie has been prodded.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Ythan »

Overall I think the case on me in Kmd's one content post is pretty sketchy. Care to spend a post filling it out?
Weaboo
Weaboo
Townie
Weaboo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Weaboo »

Kise won't be on till later so I can't discuss my thoughts with him before I post. I will say that we really really really really want an Ythan lynch, and would be totally okay with a Parama lynch as well. We were shocked Nik flipped scum, but that wagon was really weak and a matter of luck.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:31 am

Post by Ythan »

Normally when you want a lynch you make a case.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:31 am

Post by SpyreX »

... Yea, Yos was pretty clearly for the Nik lynch most of the time. I'm not sure where that train of thought is going.

Lets play an interesting game though about Yos's vote:
The first post, I say I wouldn't mind seeing Nik lynched.
The second post, I repeat that, and attack Nik for never giving useful content (which, in a speed game, is pretty much the best tell there is.)
There was also a third post where I clearly state that, while I would have rather seen CSL lynched, I was going to hammer Nik on Monday night if he didn't give me a clear reason why not to.
Considering the italics - care to comment on Dramonic or the less than 10 posts squad?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Ythan »

Parama or Mab today. Parama is my leftover suspect from yesterday, who today hasn't seen any improvement, and Mab has shot up my list since daybreak.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Haylen »

Miserable at Best has requested replacement. Pulindar replaces him affective immediately

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Ythan »

Scum. Tough luck Pulindar.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Pulindar »

Hi all, glad to be in this game. now let's see I read all of day one, and a little of day 2, but I need to go over things a bit first.

BTW somewhere Camn said something about if Dripp was scum then we would all loose because he was playing such a pro-town game. I want to put one little bit of meta out there on half of the drip hydra.

Elli played a game with me where he was bussed right from the beginning by his partner, in fact it went all the way to the point that his scum partner CC his cop claim to get him lynched after they already knew there was no cop. Thsu, the precident has been set for elli (or Drip) to pull off a similar move.
Sens Busses Elli from day one RVS starting
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Pulindar »

Ythan wrote:Scum. Tough luck Pulindar.
Thanks, but no thanks.

Feel free to bring up a real case against me, I'll disprove it even without knowing exactly MaB did what he did, I'll still disprove it. Why, because I'm town and I can disprove it. Just randomly calling me scum doesn't help anyone though.

If I misunderstood you and you're wishing me luck in this game, well that's quite an odd way to wish someone luck...
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Ythan »

Pulindar wrote:hsu, the precident has been set for elli (or Drip) to pull off a similar move.
Actually it's not.
Pulindar wrote:Feel free to bring up a real case against me, I'll disprove it even without knowing exactly MaB did what he did, I'll still disprove it. Why, because I'm town and I can disprove it. Just randomly calling me scum doesn't help anyone though.
You fill the same role as the already scummy guy who just replaced out of the game out of the blue. Saying you're town over and over won't fix that.
A clergyman with a hoop
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
A clergyman with a hoop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:33 am

Post by A clergyman with a hoop »

Ythan, in a paragraph or two, can you summarize the MaB case? Vague listings of isolation posts won't suffice. Convince me!
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Pulindar »

what do you have to say that MaB was scummy. like I said bring something up Ythan.

This entire game you've just been talking as much as you can in the hopes that it will make everyone believe you. putting 200 posts saying something doesn't make it true.
Give a Reason
if you don't have a reason then slink away like the scum you are and wait till I'm offline to post your 200 lying posts.

Even though Nik was scum I still don't like how that wagon came about.

Also, it does set precident. If Elli thought it would work then than me may have thought it would work again. Thus it has been set. and it is something that people should know about and consider. If it weren't set like that I would tend to agree with camn, since I've seen it play out already I don't agree with her on that point.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Ythan »

There's nothing vague about my iso post; I think it was plenty specific. He and the other are the two players with a significant body of scummy material. Therefore, lynch one.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Ythan »

Pulindar wrote:what do you have to say that MaB was scummy. like I said bring something up Ythan.
Considering I already posted how about read the game you replaced into. At least the bits relevant to your own cover.
This entire game you've just been talking as much as you can in the hopes that it will make everyone believe you.
Is that how you're going to try to spin it rather than addressing the points, as you can allegedly do without having contact with your predecessor? Quit deflecting scum. And also die.
putting 200 posts saying something doesn't make it true.
It's a shame that I spent all my posts repeating the same thing over and over. Oh wait.
Give a Reason
if you don't have a reason then slink away like the scum you are and wait till I'm offline to post your 200 lying posts.
Terrible OMGUS defense.
Even though Nik was scum I still don't like how that wagon came about.
Because it lynched your buddy?
Also, it does set precident. If Elli thought it would work then than me may have thought it would work again.
A did x so B is y likely to have done x. If your y is anything above maybe you're full of crap.

Die OMGUS obv scum.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Drippereth »

All due apologies sir, MaB is already scum, no case needed any longer. Pulindar, it is but your own misfortune.
And that is a baaad meta example of me bussing (first game on site). A much better one would be the last quick game modded by Incog.

Parama = 100% town btw.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Pulindar »

Oh, btw I just noticed my vote is on Drip, I may question whether he is town but I honestly have a null read on him right now, so:
Unvote

It's not really a null read, it's more of a I'd like to find out if he's using the same tactic he used once before, or whehter he really is a god awesome scum hunter. DMG being part of the drip team sorta is part of the reason I'm holding off as well. I need to look at the game again.

On the other hand Ythan has been bothering me. I don't like how he makes cases without actually presenting anything. he just says (person x is scum believe me) and hopes that people will. He doesn't even give real reasons why he thinks it. KMD's case on Ythan is better, and it's not much either.

vote Ythan
that puts him at L-6
and I am at L-1

BTW there is nothing specific in your post. They're all you just repeating yourself over and over saying that I'm scummy give something REAL.
ythan wrote:0 You want RVS to be as big a waste a time as possible?
1 I don't see this request following from slow loading times.
5 So you're useless and we should kill you instead of a contributing potential townie?
6 So you're useless and we should kill you instead of a contributing potential townie?
8 Deflecting the case on you by pointing out that Nik pushed against you is scummy.
9 Yes there's a wagon on you and for good reason.
11 They very well could, when stacked up with your idiotic actions.
0. some people don't like RVS (though you didn't link the post)
1.why not? slow load times change a person's perspective on the game (again a quote would be nice on your end)
5-6. I assume he's attacking Drip. And no he's not useless he's trying to make sure you don't dismiss someone who may in point and fact be scum. though his demanding a lynch is a bit amature I'll admit, he should instead be asking for evidance, and asking why drip could be so sure of Niks aligment so quickly if drip was not scum himself.
8. Ok, ok, that was a foolish move WIFOM though it could go either way and your saying it definitely goes one way is the same as him saying it definitely goes the other, thus you disproved your own point.
9. there is one, but it's for a terrible reason. and if I do get lynched I hope people note who led it.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Ythan »

I do what? Laughable. Example or die faster.

Your responses to five and six are just bad. No matter what you say you
don't
know what he was thinking, and your attempt to justify his actions is framed ridiculously.

I didn't disprove my own anything. I criticized his argument, I didn't post an answer for the WIFOM. You made up a quality of the argument and used it to attack me?

I also hope people note who led the wagon. Maybe I'll draw a night kill.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Pulindar »

clicked submit instead of preview
Ythan wrote: 11 They very well could, when stacked up with your idiotic actions.
11. Just because you're rude and like to insult people doesn't mean your right
13. you'd say that no matter what. You're obv scum.
Ythan wrote:[quote="Pul]
putting 200 posts saying something doesn't make it true.
It's a shame that I spent all my posts repeating the same thing over and over. Oh wait.
Pul wrote:Even though Nik was scum I still don't like how that wagon came about.
Because it lynched your buddy? [/quote]
I think you just proved my point. By lynching one buddy early on with questionable tactics (they were questionable even if others joined in) you are trying to force other town lynches with those same tactics, and WHEN I flip town you will say that it was because I played scummy, not because your tactics are inherently flawed. Well, flawed for town, not too bad for scum.
Drip wrote:All due apologies sir, MaB is already scum, no case needed any longer. Pulindar, it is but your own misfortune.
And that is a baaad meta example of me bussing (first game on site). A much better one would be the last quick game modded by Incog.

Parama = 100% town btw.
Just because you don't like the proof that the meta brings doesn't mean that it isn't something to be considered. Stop trying to dismiss everyone from considering it. That's extremely rude. Or are you saying people can't go back to old metas and reuse them. BTW the game isn't that old, it just ended two days ago.

Also knowing that someone is town can only be done through a power role (and I didn't see you announce that earlier today so I doubt you investigated him. Though I haven't combed through the day so I'll look again) or through being mafia.

If my death does anything I hope it makes others take another look at you and ythan
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:58 am

Post by SpyreX »

You've got to be kidding me.

Just because the twister whirl worked once doesn't mean its gonna work again.

Go ahead and compare the iso comments to whats said in iso.

Much like Clergy power defending, MaB getting thrown under the bus by scum at the end isn't biting me as a real scum move.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Ythan »

Rude? The specific post I'm referring to, if you'd read it, was about another player's idiotic actions. The fact that you are actually calling
me
obv scum just serves to further indicate how deep in the hole you are. Tip, OMGUS might not be the best way to climb out.

I
proved
your point? Lol.

Can we hurry up and lynch the more obvious of the two obvious scum here?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”