Mini 918 - A Hot, Steaming Bowl of Mafia - Game Over!

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Blargh, sorry for inactivity.
Locke Lamora wrote:As for your 'if Moai is scum' post, I thought the original premise was contrived to begin with. It just read like you were eager to start pointing fingers at other players even though you shouldn't have known whether MIC was scum or not.
Well, technically MIC confessed his scuminess, so she had all rights to assume 'if MIC is scum' scenario.

Despite what I said above, I'm still all for her lynch though. Nothing really happened that would change my opinion since my last post.

Hoopla: Locke appeared to me as one of the most townie players of D1. I don't have strong read on him D2. So far I'll go with assumption he's town.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Time to drop the bombshell. I am a tracker, and followed Locke Lamora to Dry-fit last night. He's got some explaining to do about why he was there.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by charter »

d3x wrote:
charter wrote:since I'm not very in to this game, my conviction in Shottyscum is waivering.
Were you more 'into this game', would you not be questioning your earlier read on Shotty? I'm not really getting what you mean here.
Yeah, I'd be pushing harder for Shotty since I'd be more sure he was scum. It's kind of weird, I know, but it's how I generally operate.

Well, I think it's safe to say that either Hoopla or Locke is scum. I think it's Hoopla.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Hoopla wrote:Time to drop the bombshell. I am a tracker, and followed Locke Lamora to Dry-fit last night. He's got some explaining to do about why he was there.
Har har har!

Counter Claim: Tracker

Hoopla is scum, guys...

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by charter »

Ok, well, that makes things easy then.

unvote, vote Hoopla

Really can't imagine Cathart and Locke as scum and Cathart just pulled this out of his ass to save his buddy when they've already lost a roleblocker. Whereas Hoopla trying to shift attention off her makes a ton of sense.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Hoopla »

STOP!

I have a confession to make before you lynch me.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I messed up MASSIVELY! I am the day vigilante, responsible for Sotty's death, and I still have a bullet up my sleeve today that the town should use before you do what you do with me.

I was fakeclaiming tracker on Locke to try and get a read of his reaction, to decide whether to shoot him or RedCoyote today. I had a hypothesis that one or the other is probably scum, due to me being the competing wagon with Moai. I doubted that scum would have not tried to push a different wagon if their roleblocker was in jeopardy.

SORRY SORRY SORRY!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I literally am facepalming myself right now. I need to quit mafia.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Well... Tracker is the new Cop as far as I've seen lately, so you didn't at least consider possibility of the real one around?

Also - You should better have a damn good explanation for Sotty kill.

My vote stays.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Col.Cathart wrote:Well... Tracker is the new Cop as far as I've seen lately, so you didn't at least consider possibility of the real one around?

Also - You should better have a damn good explanation for Sotty kill.

My vote stays.
I did, but I didn't if that makes any sense.

My explaination was that the game was going slow and being boring, and that I am a gambler. Imagine if I hit scum - that would have really destroyed them psychologically, losing a member in the first 3 pages. I picked Sotty based on a hunch. I actually wrote a massive PM to the mod explaining my reasoning and philosophy in extreme detail. I'll post it here if he'll let me.

I don't think you should kill me until you use up my kill though. Maybe I should vig myself, so the town doesn't waste the lynch today.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by sigma »

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: March 6th, 8:30 AM (EST)

Vote Count:

Col.Cathart ( 0 )
d3x ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) Konowa
Shotty to the Body ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 4 ) Shotty to the Body, Col.Cathart, d3x, charter
charter ( 0 )
Konowa ( 1 ) RedCoyote
Zachrulez ( 0 )
Locke Lamora ( 0 )
No Vote ( 3 ) Locke Lamora, Hoopla, Zachrulez
[/quote]
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by sigma »

Konowa has requested replacement.
I will be getting one in as soon as possible.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Here is my message I sent sigma about my kill choice;
This might seem bizarre to use it so early, but this game seriously needs an injection of life. Of the last 80 3:9 mini normal games, scum have only been lynched 17 times on Day 1, which is well below what random would be.

In other games I've suggested a random lynch Day 1 as a viable way of using that lynch - it would theoretically improve our chances at lynch. The downside is losing a good powerrole, and this is still prevelent here. But the difference is, I'm not factored into the random process, protecting a valuable role and slightly improving the chances of a random lynch, as it's 3 from 11 (presumably).

At the moment, I'm tossing up between Sotty, Locke and d3x - I'm vibing pretty hard from all of them and think there is probably one scum there.

Here we go;

KILL: SOTTY7
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by d3x »

W...T...F....

Step 1 -
UnVote:Hoopla

Step 2- More in a sec...
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Hoopla »

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by d3x »

Here are my thoughts, we have Hoopla kill someone of our choice and direction. This way it'll prove the claim {barring DayKill SK} or confirm the Scum.
@Hoopla- Why were you looking at your 3 listed candidates as targets? What were you trying to accomplish with the random bandwagoning yesterday? Are you permitted to post flavor text? Are you only a 2-shot Day Vig?

@C.C- Did you get any results last night?

GTKAS - d3x
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I'm prepared to be dictated, and let the town do what they want with my bullets. If you want to kill me, I understand. I feel very foolish. I don't have a limit d3x (other than 1 shot per day).

As for my vibes, I'm too embarrassed to explain them, because you'll think I'm crazy. They're very wifomy and guess-y. I used to test myself, when I was really into mafia. I'd read the first 2-3 pages in the massive data-bank of newbie games (without looking at roles) and try to guess who the scum were based on gut. I performed slightly better than random, but I think I just got a bit overconfident and carried away yesterday.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by charter »

I'm not unvoting, not sure I even buy the claim either. I don't get why you would do this if you could just kill Locke and bypass trying to convince anyone else to vote him. Although I guess if you are lying about being able to daykill, you don't have long to live.

I think Hoopla should just vig herself and then we proceed with lynching Shotty. Hoopla definitely needs to die, and it's better to do these things sooner rather than later, because her initial claim seems like a ploy to save herself, but then the counterclaim ruined her plan.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Hoopla »

charter wrote:I'm not unvoting, not sure I even buy the claim either. I don't get why you would do this if you could just kill Locke and bypass trying to convince anyone else to vote him. Although I guess if you are lying about being able to daykill, you don't have long to live.

I think Hoopla should just vig herself and then we proceed with lynching Shotty. Hoopla definitely needs to die, and it's better to do these things sooner rather than later, because her initial claim seems like a ploy to save herself, but then the counterclaim ruined her plan.
I'm okay with vigging myself if it's what the town wants to do.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by d3x »

I'm not advocating anyone else UnVote. I just think it's prudent until we sort out exactly what to do.

I am a bit torn over having her self-Vig. What would the SK motivation be for her recent play? If we're not thinking she's an SK, then if she can't kill anyone, we have a DayVig. It'll also be in the Scum's best interest to NK her if she is an SK. Let's talk this fully out before we decide on anything. If we have Hoopla self-Vig, C.C's hung out to dry tonight and that's 2 Town PR's down. If we can preserve one of them, why wouldn't we?

@Hoopla-
I don't get why you would do this if you could just kill Locke and bypass trying to convince anyone else to vote him.

GTKAS - d3x
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Hoopla »

d3x wrote: @Hoopla-
I don't get why you would do this if you could just kill Locke and bypass trying to convince anyone else to vote him.
I thought if Locke was scum, then I have a (probably) 50% chance of trapping him. Then if he isn't, it's a really good way to gauge his reaction. If it feels town, I can shoot RedCoyote instead.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by d3x »

EBWOP: If we're not thinking she's an SK, then if she can't kill anyone
she's Scum; otherwise
we have a DayVig.

GTKAS - d3x
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Well, as long as it's out in the open unless you think you're outting another PR can we get a result CC?

I see Locke scum if we assume a town Hoopla fairly easy, I don't really see RC scum at all. So if we put it to an informal vote I would choose Locke to shoot...
Or we could shoot charter tunneling such and such *grumble grumble*
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

d3x wrote:@C.C- Did you get any results last night?
I tracked RedCoyote on the first night. No result (as in - he did nothing interesting during the night). This proves nothing, as he could just be a goon who didn't send any action, but that's why I was not mentioning him much after talking all about his connection with MIC a t the end of D1.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by charter »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
Or we could shoot charter tunneling such and such *grumble grumble*
Ok, just thought I'd point it out so your scumbuddy Hoopla can see it, in case she missed it :roll:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”