Mini 918 - A Hot, Steaming Bowl of Mafia - Game Over!

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

charter 192 wrote:I don't get why you would do this if you could just kill Locke and bypass trying to convince anyone else to vote him. Although I guess if you are lying about being able to daykill, you don't have long to live.
This...
charter 192 wrote:I think Hoopla should just vig herself and then we proceed with lynching Shotty.
but not this.

It seems incredibly sneaky to not just use your power on Locke if you have it, the way you used it on Sotty. I would sooner use the next shot on SttB or Zach personally, but I can't say there isn't a solid theory explaining Lockescum either. When and if a shot goes through, well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. If no shot happens, today's lynch should be a no brainer.

---
SttB 197 wrote:I see Locke scum if we assume a town Hoopla fairly easy
I don't know about all that; I don't want to play that game.

Even if you're calling out charter (later in the post) kind of tongue-in-cheek, I'd wish you'd use a smiley instead of the microtext though, lol.

---
the Colonel 198 wrote:I tracked RedCoyote on the first night. No result (as in - he did nothing interesting during the night).
I wonder if I should react to this at all. Yeah, if I was scum I probably would've asked someone else to submit the kill for sure.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Unvote: Konowa; vote: Shotty to the Body
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Also (sorry, one more post), since we have a few days, maybe a replacement would help? The Nikanor/Zach slot and the Konowa slot are nearly unreadable. I'd like to hear if Zach or whoever else can bring any new rationale to the game. Hoops sounds like she has all these crazy things going on in her head, playing far more steps ahead in the game than I am. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, a town thing or a scum thing, but I do know she sounds like a vigilante (with the exception being the Tracker claim, which is beyond anything I would gamble).

It shouldn't be glossed over that she just did some real damage to the town, which explains why she's apologetic, but the town also has some room to breathe courtesy of Moai.

I guess what I'm saying is I want to call her town, but I kind of feel guilty for doing so. I wonder if a replacement would feel any differently.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I'm starting to think RedCoyote needs to die. What does everyone think about me taking him out to prove I am the killer?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

D:

I vote nay.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Too late. It's sent. :)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

You're bluffing. You just want me to claim like the Colonel had to.

Tell her to stop the madness, guys!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I kind of wish I was bluffing, because I like you. Sigma is asleep though, so you have ~12 hours to get a lynch to save yourself.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:34 pm

Post by d3x »

you have ~12 hours to get a lynch to save yourself.
I doubt that would save him. The games I've read where this situation comes up has the Vig/SK go through when the day ends {ie- when the Mod shows up} as opposed to saving the target.

I kind of think you're wrong about RC being Scum, but I sure as hell hope you're not.

Hoopla- Why did you agree for the Town to direct your kill and then shoot anyway?
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 pm

Post by Hoopla »

d3x wrote:
you have ~12 hours to get a lynch to save yourself.
I doubt that would save him. The games I've read where this situation comes up has the Vig/SK go through when the day ends {ie- when the Mod shows up} as opposed to saving the target.

I kind of think you're wrong about RC being Scum, but I sure as hell hope you're not.

Hoopla- Why did you agree for the Town to direct your kill and then shoot anyway?
Because I trust my 100% pro-town motivated read moreso than a town consensus riddled with potential scum influence. The general consensus seems to be doubting my killing abilities more so than my alignment. When I am proved I can kill, it either means I am the vig or an SK. Either way, it's in scum's interest to take me out at night.

Who would you have wanted me to shoot, d3x?
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Post by d3x »

I'd be down for a lurker kill and I wouldn't be against a Shotty kill. Either way, I'd have prefered you waited until we saw Konowa's replacement and Zach's hypothetical contribution to the game, but
c'est la vie

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:48 pm

Post by d3x »

I would have also liked to hear back from charter regarding your proposed seppuku.

GTKAS - d3x
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Okay, I didn't kill anyone yet. Red's reaction, town or scum?
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Post by d3x »

In p208, I wrote:I kind of think you're wrong about RC being Scum

GTKAS - d3x
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Do you think any scum were on MIC's final wagon?
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 pm

Post by d3x »

Million Dollar question, isn't it?

I'd believe that there was a 3rd party on the lynch over Scum. Both lurkers were off the lynch and that's got me really nervous. I'm not putting it past a late addition bus, but I was looking mostly at you there. The jury's still out on that, I suppose.

GTKAS - d3x
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:18 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Are you normally a 1-vote per day type of player d3x? I find it unusual, you vote MIC on page 1 and don't shift it. Dry-fit did this too for some reason, but 'confirm' at some stage which at least makes clear his position. You seem to question other players while clinging to your page 1 vote. Why?
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:38 pm

Post by d3x »

I do have a tendency to park my Votes, yeah. I don't care for bouncing my Vote around a lot because I believe it needs to have weight to it. I do have a fairly good track record, so aside from a few embarassing games {one which sigma and Zach can both attest to when/if Zach finally shows his face} it hasn't done me
too
wrong thus far.

Regarding MIC D1, I had legit reasons to keep my Vote there all Day. It wasn't really ever a Random Vote and I never saw any redeeming qualities to MIC's play, so I never had cause to move it. While I was questioning RC on his 'Sotty play', I had a mostly neutral/Town read on him, but I wanted to pressure him to be sure. I also hoped to drum up a bit of discussion and draw out some Scum, which worked admirably. My other game with RC, he was Scum and this just doesn't have the same feel {although admittedly, I didn't catch on to him then}.

All of my games are on my wiki page if you'd like to check up on me.

Quid pro quo- Do you usually Vote 6x D1? Also, why haven't you Voted at all today? I'm also still waiting on that fluff, btw.

GTKAS - d3x
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:21 am

Post by Hoopla »

d3x wrote:I do have a tendency to park my Votes, yeah. I don't care for bouncing my Vote around a lot because I believe it needs to have weight to it. I do have a fairly good track record, so aside from a few embarassing games {one which sigma and Zach can both attest to when/if Zach finally shows his face} it hasn't done me
too
wrong thus far.
Flicking through your games, it does just look like a playstyle thing. It just irked me because the only other time I'd seen it happen is when I was scum with Cyberbob who parked his vote on our other buddy for the whole day until lynch. It proved to be quite an effective tactic, but I don't think you would do this is you were partners with MIC.

Going through the rest of the MIC lynch; Dry-fit has flipped town, we know Cathart is town, we should know I am not scum. That leaves charter and Shotty left on the MIC wagon. Funnily enough I can't see charter bussing so wrecklessly, especially a roleblocker. It just doesn't make sense to me - sure the vote came late, but I think my wagon was still in contention if he really wanted to protect MIC. Just doesn't feel like a charter play. I'm actually also getting vibes that Shotty probably isn't scum either based on his vote - it just again, seems like a silly thing to bus MIC, when he had even more time to get a different wagon pushed.

Scum would concious of this happening, however, and might normally have considered a late bus, but it isn't true with myself and Cathart being the ones to fill that slot. Charter maybe, but I still think it's a low chance. So why wouldn't scum bus in this scenario, knowing that anyone off the wagon would come under pressure the next day? Easy - the lurkers. I really think that one of them is probably scum, not only were both missing almost the whole day, they were both ominously off the MIC wagon. And I doubt the wagon would have gone through in the first place if 3 scum had been condensed in the remaining 10 players who had an influence in the game.

At the moment I see a scumteam containing one of Zach/Konowa and one of RedCoyote/Locke - because I just don't think both lurkers would be scum, AND MIC who was a lurker. The fact that scum killed someone
on
the MIC wagon suggests they are trying to keep the pool of players
off
the wagon as large as possible. Not wifom, trust me!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:29 am

Post by Hoopla »

d3x wrote:Quid pro quo- Do you usually Vote 6x D1? Also, why haven't you Voted at all today? I'm also still waiting on that fluff, btw.
It varies. I'd say about 5-6 votes per D1 is my average. What fluff are you talking about?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:16 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Next person to say 'I'd like to see a Shotty kill' should actually give reasons kthx.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I still don't think RC is scum, but I don't think running around waving a gun in someone's face with threat of death is really going to be much of an alignment tell at this point.

@RC the reason I feel like playing that game is a vig would've counterclaimed Hoopla and even if she's an SK of some variety scum-Locke would still pursue her. It's actually a pretty safe bet to make.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:54 am

Post by d3x »

@Shotty- What changed between your Iso18 and Iso19? Or is your position on Locke only dependant on Hoopla's presumed innocence? Also to clarify, I didn't say 'I want Shotty killed', I said I wouldn't be against it. I know that it's splitting hairs, but the reason is mostly gut and an unsettling feeling in your direction; nothing concrete or factual.

@Hoopla- p190
Are you permitted to post flavor text?

GTKAS - d3x
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:10 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Well, that was an interesting read. Looks like I've missed a lot in a day.

Hoopla: why do you think it's unlikely that both lurkers are scum?

Looking at the votes around Moai's lynch, I agree that charter's vote makes it unlikely for him to be scum. It's an incredibly ballsy bus if he is. We know Cathart is town, I think Shotty is too from the timing of his vote. I imagine my vote on Hoopla looks quite scummy to some people, not really a lot I can say about that other than it definitely wasn't hammertime. I think the hammer vote is horribly timed; we could have waited to get some more reactions and possibly draw a save attempt from a buddy. The only reason I think Hoopla's not scum is down to the fallout from the tracker ploy. It seems very unlikely that RC's scum too after MIC's defence but that's got WIFOM written all over it too, so I'm not going to get too deep into that. I think it's more likely that d3x is right and Moai was trying to get town points by defending someone he knew was town.

I could see d3x as scum; his vote was on Moai all day and moving it off once the wagon got going would have looked terrible. At least one of the lurkers is very likely scum, given how D1 went. I'd be inclined to say Konowa if I had to choose. Konowa's RC vote is odd from any standpoint; an RC lynch was never going to happen at that stage, so voting for him was no good if he was trying to stop a scumbuddy getting lynched and it was no good for a competing wagon if he was a townie who disagreed with the MIC lynch. Also, it's virtually impossible to get a read off the Nik/Zach slot right now. If we are going to get anyone vigged, I'd vote for Konowa right now.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:33 am

Post by d3x »

So to keep this straight, we currently have...

Who wants Hoopla to shoot whom

Hoopla
{1} charter
Locke
{1} Shotty
Konowa
{1} Locke

Haven't Decided or Weighed in
- Everyone else

GTKAS - d3x

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”