Newbie #915 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #4=-

Zodiark13 (2) - Dreadknight, Trumpet of Doom
Thelas (2) - Captain Pandemonium, TeWuicah
TeWuicah (1) - RedFox

Not Voting (4) - AlmasterGM, Thelas, Zodiark13, DiamondCrash

5 to lynch.

-=Dreadknight and Thelas have been prodded. Trumpet of Doom is also in range, but he did warn us that he'd be away=-
Dreadknight
Dreadknight
Townie
Dreadknight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Dreadknight »

Woah, sorry's people. Didnt realize it had been 3 days since I had posted. Seems things have been moving a little slow. Need to keep up with my posting better.

I do not have a good feeling at all about Zodiark13. After all that he has said or done, it seems none of it gives me a vibe like he is trying to help town. At all. Just seems really scummy to me, and for pretty much the reasons everyone has pointed out already.

Other than that, I can't say that I really think of anyone else as all that scummy. I dont know how I feel about DC or TeWuicah though.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

DiamondCrash wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:DiamondCrash and Zodiark13 as a scumbuddies. Discuss.
No, you discuss. How did you come to that theory?
Your meta defense of Zodiark. Besides, I was talking to everyone in the thread, not just you.
DiamondCrash
DiamondCrash
Goon
DiamondCrash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:11 pm

Post by DiamondCrash »

AlmasterGM wrote:
DiamondCrash wrote:
Your meta defense of Zodiark. Besides, I was talking to everyone in the thread, not just you.
I know. I wanted to hear your opinion though.
TeWuicah
TeWuicah
Townie
TeWuicah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Post by TeWuicah »

AlmasterGM wrote:
DiamondCrash wrote:
If that was your only reason, why didn't you raise the same doubt about me, as I've said similar things? I would like to hear your full reasoning as well.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:31 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

The point of saying "DISCUSS" is because I want to hear original thoughts from other people on the subject, not spew out a case and then hear a chorus of agrees or disagrees. So, no, I will not follow up just yet.
DiamondCrash
DiamondCrash
Goon
DiamondCrash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:58 am

Post by DiamondCrash »

AlmasterGM wrote:The point of saying "DISCUSS" is because I want to hear original thoughts from other people on the subject, not spew out a case and then hear a chorus of agrees or disagrees. So, no, I will not follow up just yet.
How do you expect anyone else to talk about something when you're not prepared to put your own opinion about it? Perhaps you want someone to post so you can agree with their opinion?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Now seeking a replacement for Thelas. Trumpet of Doom has been prodded.=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=horrordude0215 replaces Thelas=-
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

I'll do a readthrough now. If anyone has any questions for me, feel free to ask :)
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Zodiark13 »

Sorry guys for the late notice but I am
V/LA
as of 20 hours ago, for the next 3 days or so. Left in a bit of a rush.
Returning froma spontanious extended sabatical. Posting from an Android with a crappy touch keyboard, so spelling mistakes will occur with wild abandon.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

As promised ( :P ):
Captain Pandemonium wrote:@Trumpet - Care to share your view on Dread and your fellow bandwagoners? I’m uncomfortable and a little surprised that you seem to be focusing exclusively on Z. I’d appreciate some analysis of others. I’m seeing Thelas’s vote as pretty dirty too, but I’ll come to that in a minute.
DK: I'm willing for now to accept his explanation of sleep deprivation for the "let's lynch early" comment, since it was 4:47 am in Kentucky when he made the post in question and I've said and done similarly stupid things when I've been up later than usual or necessary. If I see other scummy stuff, that might find its way back onto my radar.
DC, Thelas: If Zodiark's town (which is very much a possibility - the first wagon of a game tends to hit town more often than you might expect), their positions on this wagon are slight points against them, but not terribly strong - 3 or 4 on a town wagon is a scumtell that's been around so long, it's probably not too effective anymore (though it might be cyclic... I'm not sure). If the circumstances of their votes make one scum, I'd be more likely to say Thelas, more or less for the reason you mentioned.
Zodiark13 wrote:I think he isn't attacking me because he finds me scummy, but because I gave him the wrong kind of attention.

Unvote: ToD
...uhh... what?

1) The "wrong kind of attention" would be the scummy kind, unless I'm missing something.
2) If you think I'm attacking you for reasons other than that I think you're scummy, that sort of implies to me that you don't think I think you're scummy. In that case, why did you unvote?
Captain Pandemonium wrote: I’m a bit dubious of people’s motives who are on a wagon and tell us the potential lynchee is at L- whatever. Firstly have the courage of conviction of your vote so that if a lynch happens you can argue your reasons for voting – if you’re confident of your case, you shouldn’t need to give everyone else a running commentary….otherwise it looks more like you’re trying to convince yourself. Secondly, it’d be a good scum defence for when the lynchee flips town – something like, “I did warn you all they were at L2” Civic duty or covering your scummy ass?
Making sure people know where you are on a lynch is actually a very protown thing to do. One scumhunting tool that I don't use as much as I probably should is vote count and wagon analysis, and it's easier if people say they're L-1 or whatever. (Generally, I only announce L-2 and up, and then only if there are at least 6 or 7 players left.)
AlmasterGM wrote:L-2: No tell.
L-1 with no request for claim:
Slightly scummy.

L-1 with well-reasoned request for claim: No tell.
L-1 with poorly-reasoned request for claim and/or quick-L-1: Scum.
Hammer with justification: No tell.
Hammer without justification: Scum.
Quickhammer: Obvscum.
Fixed. I agree it's not much, but I think it makes it easier for someone else to "accidentally" hammer.
Captain Pandemonium wrote:@Trumpet - In a lot of ways you're worse than Foxy. You've sought to legitimise your lurking when as an IC you should have known better.
:roll: Shit happens/my teachers needed grades from us.

@horrordude: Welcome to the game.
1. Do you think your predecessor's vote on Zodiark was justified?
2. Who do you think is/are scum?
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Trumpet of Doom wrote:@horrordude: Welcome to the game.
1. Do you think your predecessor's vote on Zodiark was justified?
2. Who do you think is/are scum?
First of all, thanks for the welcome :D

1. Not for the reason he gave, no. In fact, had I been playing, I would have seen it as scummy as hell, so I understand the votes.
2. I've almost finished a player analysis... expect it posted within the next half hour at the latest
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Okay, here's a player-by-player analyis of everyone so far. I know there have been a lot of cases on players, but don't expect me to parrot them. Hopefully, I will provide new cases on some people or provide a different perspective on the ones already stated.

AlmasterGM
- Probably town. Active and makes good attempts at scumhunting.

Captain Pandemonium
- Town. Very active and makes some really good analysis, especially for a beginner!

DiamondCrash
- Neutral leaning town. Haven't really got much of a read yet. All I know is that I don't consider the whole L-2 scenario to be worth much at all in an even halfway decent scum case. (Most of my reasons on my Zodiark anal.)

Dreadknight
- Neutral. I think that the suggestion for a quicklynch was more of a noob mistake than anything.

RedFox
- Possible Scum. Actively lurking. Only posts analysis when asked. Other than that, his posts are mostly fluff.

TeWuicah
- Town. Before I would have said scummy, but post 104 made her jump off of the scumdar for me. Why would she encourage people to suspect herself as well? Besides, she has made some good attempts at scumhunting. (See posts 42 and 55 for what I think are good examples of this)

Trumpet of Doom
- Neutral. Hasn't posted much yet, but I look forward to seeing him contribute more as an IC.

Zodiark13
- My strongest suspects for a few reasons.

Reason 1: Always seems to try to get a wagon off of a weak case.
Example 1: I unfortunately can't avoid bringing this up. His FoS on Tod was, to me, rather unreasonable. While I don't agree with Thelas' statement that it was majorly unwarranted, I do see it as a little fishy. Wouldn't he expect even the newer players to work out for themselves that of course ToD was just as likely to be scum as they were? I think it's more like an opportunity to get a valuable town player lynched.
Example 2: The L-2 case against DC. Sorry, but if that isn't trying to rally up the noobs for a mislynch, I'm not sure what is. His attack on DC to me was completely unwarranted and he, as an SE, should know that it wasn't even a good halfass attempt.

Reason 2: Post 59. "Wrong Kind of attention"? What kind of attention could you give him that's wrong? Esp. in day 1, when attention and reactions are all we have to go on?

Also,
I apologise, being an SE came as a bit of a surprise, since I only found out about it a day or so before the game began. I guess the position went to my head.
He's apologizing about the FoS because he realized that it put him in hot water, yet he subtly tried to attack ToD as well. You can tell he does this because he apologizes for letting the "power get to his head", and then later in his post he says
In his "again" linked game, on the first page, he laped up the attention of being IC like a kitten with milk[/b]

This seems more than enough to warrant a vote on him, IMO.

Vote: Zodiark13
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

To summarize, here's an ordered list of the players, with the top of the list being the most probable for town and the bottom being the most probable for scum.

Captain Pandemonium
TeWuicah
AlmasterGM
DiamondCrash
Trumpet of Doom
Dreadknight
RedFox
Zodiark13

Also, please make that [/b] tag in my last post a [/quote] tag. Sorry, it's late here and I'm liable to make mistakes :oops:
Dreadknight
Dreadknight
Townie
Dreadknight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Dreadknight »

Alright, so, I feel like I had to say this. Ok, here is what I said earlier.
With this said, I do think that because of these events, and the way things have went down, even though we are early early in the first day, enough has happened to have major reasoning to maybe make a move on Zodiark already? I mean, it is first day in a 9 person day. I can see more time to talk being completely viable, whether it be to see more bad defense, or a hole in someones accusation. But, I do not think that a lynch soon would be such a bad thing either. Thoughts anyone?
Ok, looking back at what I said, I know I mentioned making a move on Zodiark, but at the same time, I also very clearly said that more time was just as much of an option. I just kinda wanted to point out, I was not really trying to encourage a quicklynch. I brought up taking out Zodiark early, but also just wanted to see what other people thought about it. Not trying change anything, I know what I said was not smart, I am not trying to deny that.

And nextly, I really must say, I really do not feel that Zodiark has in any way helped himself out even since that early on.

So, just to spur discussion, and I really would like to know, is the point we are at now any more viable of a time for a lynch? Or should we keep learning more about everyone until the deadline?
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:04 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Dreadknight wrote:So, just to spur discussion, and I really would like to know, is the point we are at now any more viable of a time for a lynch? Or should we keep learning more about everyone until the deadline?
While I personally would be fine with a Zod lynch, we still have about a week and a half to make our decision. We should probably wait a little bit longer, IMO :wink:
Captain Pandemonium
Captain Pandemonium
Townie
Captain Pandemonium
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Captain Pandemonium »

I think I’d rather focus on catching one scum at a time, and then retrospectively examine any potential links the following day. Having stalked through other games on here, focusing on scum links this early always seems to end in barking up the wrong tree. But, whatever floats your boat I guess.
Zodiark wrote:Sorry guys for the late notice but I am V/LA as of 20 hours ago, for the next 3 days or so. Left in a bit of a rush.
It might have been useful had you responded to the points I’d raised rather than just taking off.
Dread wrote:And nextly, I really must say, I really do not feel that Zodiark has in any way helped himself out even since that early on..
Amen to that.

My vote’s staying put for now. While I’m uncomfortable in general with Z’s lack of response, buddying, flawed/stalled scum-hunting, I’m loathe to end the day prematurely or at least until we’ve maximised the day and exhausted all avenues for investigation.
My number one suspect was Thelas, and although HorrorDude has placated my suspicions somewhat, I’m still very perturbed by Thelas’s bandwagoning.

@Horror – Welcome!
You’ve essentially confirmed Thelas’s original vote on Z. Although your reasoning for the Z vote is more sound than your predecessor’s, your analysis of the other players is a bit….predictable? You seem to be providing a passive commentary as opposed to active questioning. This may be your preferred playstyle, but what seems a bit odd to me is that if I were a fresh pair of eyes in a game, I think I’d have a million questions. Yet you don’t seem to be asking anything? My interpretation of your introductory posts is that you’re playing it safe and flying under the radar. Also I don’t want to hear about who’s a Town player, you’re just painting targets for NK’s, or canvassing opinion.

That’s all I’ve got for now, finally @ RedFox – you’re doing the Town no favours with your lurking or inactivity. Either post and do some investigation or /out!
DiamondCrash
DiamondCrash
Goon
DiamondCrash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:12 am

Post by DiamondCrash »

Horror wrote:(Most of my reasons on my Zodiark anal.)
What do you mean by "my" Zodiark?

Also @Horror; What do you think of Almaster's notion that Zodiark and I are scumbuddies?
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Captain Pandemonium wrote:You seem to be providing a passive commentary as opposed to active questioning. This may be your preferred playstyle, but what seems a bit odd to me is that if I were a fresh pair of eyes in a game, I think I’d have a million questions. Yet you don’t seem to be asking anything?
Yes, I prefer the passive commentary. I was going to try and find some questions to ask, but it was really late when I made that post :oops:
Also I don’t want to hear about who’s a Town player, you’re just painting targets for NK’s, or canvassing opinion.
I always found that outing your town list is rather helpful, because it helps eliminate the possibility of a mislynch.

[quote="DC]What do you mean by "my" Zodiark?[/quote]Let me rephrase that... "More reasons are in my analysis of Zodiark in the bottom of my post"
Also @Horror; What do you think of Almaster's notion that Zodiark and I are scumbuddies?
I don't see Zodiark trying to bus you for that, so I don't really agree with it
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:36 am

Post by iamausername »

-=RedFox has been prodded=-
TeWuicah
TeWuicah
Townie
TeWuicah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:00 am

Post by TeWuicah »

First of all, welcome to the game horrordude! Glad you're already establishing yourself as a much more active player than your predecessor. I'm trying not to judge you too harshly on Thelas' behavior but as things stand, I don't have a better suspect. So my vote is staying where it is, for now.
Dreadknight wrote:Alright, so, I feel like I had to say this. Ok, here is what I said earlier.
With this said, I do think that because of these events, and the way things have went down, even though we are early early in the first day, enough has happened to have major reasoning to maybe make a move on Zodiark already? I mean, it is first day in a 9 person day. I can see more time to talk being completely viable, whether it be to see more bad defense, or a hole in someones accusation. But, I do not think that a lynch soon would be such a bad thing either. Thoughts anyone?
Ok, looking back at what I said, I know I mentioned making a move on Zodiark, but at the same time, I also very clearly said that more time was just as much of an option. I just kinda wanted to point out, I was not really trying to encourage a quicklynch. I brought up taking out Zodiark early, but also just wanted to see what other people thought about it. Not trying change anything, I know what I said was not smart, I am not trying to deny that.
I appreciate the clarification, but I would prefer you give us actual content, ie. scumhunting. If you are sure enough of Zodiark being scum to suggest ending the day, then who do you think is his scumbuddy?
Dreadknight wrote:So, just to spur discussion, and I really would like to know, is the point we are at now any more viable of a time for a lynch? Or should we keep learning more about everyone until the deadline?
If you ask me, any lynch that happens before 72 hours until deadline is bound to be premature, unless the scum have messed up so bad that there is almost no reason for doubt.

Oh, and for the record, I'm male.
RedFox
RedFox
Townie
RedFox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by RedFox »

I'm here o/
and no need study anymore...so i'll try to be more active.
CP wrote: I don't have a better suspect. So my vote is staying where it is, for now.
You and CP voted in Thelas.
I don' t see how L1 is a strong evidence for stay your vote. :?
Freddy wrote:RedFox - Actively lurking.
I understand accusing me because i'm no helping enough but because am i lurking?...this no proof than i'm a scum, only proof than i'm busy.
Dreadknight
Dreadknight
Townie
Dreadknight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Dreadknight »

I don't have enough evidence or feelings about anyone else to say that they would be his scumbuddy. I just think, and I see that I am not alone, that he seems very scummy and has done little to prove otherwise.

Thanks for the input. I think that waiting until then will probably work the best for us then. Because although Zodiark seems scummy to me, I really dont have the vibe for anyone else. There are people who seem definate town to me, but I don't really get any other scummy vibes?
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Dreadknight wrote:Alright, so, I feel like I had to say this. Ok, here is what I said earlier.
What prompted this comment? I was accepting your explanation of "it was late, I wasn't thinking," and I can't see anything that would have prompted this redefense of yourself. There's a line between being defensive and being overdefensive - you just crossed that line and kept on going.
Dreadknight wrote:And nextly, I really must say, I really do not feel that Zodiark has in any way helped himself out even since that early on.
I'm not sure you can try any harder to look town. And trying to look town is a fairly solid scumtell.
Unvote; Vote: Dreadknight.
If we thought we knew who the lynch was going to be, then yes, it would be a more viable opportunity. However...
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”