Mafia 109 - A Glitch in time - Game Over!

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Anon, same reasons I've said all game. Except Nacho. Nacho is a lurker and needs to die.

Spy, I have a town read on, but I always do.

----------------------------

Mae anything specific you want me to see?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Ythan »

Anon wrote:Dramonic lynch is pretty non optymal even if he is scum
Meaning?
Pulindar wrote:My advice to you would be to iso people, and just ignore Ythan. He's posted between 1/3 and 1/4 of all the posts in this game. Most of them are one liners with no content.
It made sense when Anon said it but parroting it to discredit someone who wants you lynch is just stupid. You're not stupid right?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:31 am

Post by camn »

Ythan wrote:<snip> parroting it to discredit someone who wants you lynch is just stupid. You're not stupid right?
Is calling someone stupid who wants YOU lynched any better?

Seriously, dude. Your posts are getting absurd.
You should come up with a better argument than "YUR DUM."
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Ythan »

Ignoring all but the part you want to respond to is absurd. Calling someone's actions stupid is a much better argument than whatever you're doing.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Pulindar »

First off, I would like to say thank you to Camn for reminding me I meant to

Vote Ythan

Now that that's done.
Ythan wrote:Ignoring all but the part you want to respond to is absurd. Calling someone's actions stupid is a much better argument than whatever you're doing.
You had nine, I repeat 9, other words in your post. She just didn't feel that including that you said it was ok when Anon said it was meaningful. I don't see why she cut them out, but still 9 words isn't that much, and none of your post was addressed to her.

My case against Ythan includes nothing about him being scum. Honestly I'm to the point that I don't care whether he's scum or not. With how he's buddying up to our town guy drip I believe it's a real possibility, but I'm not going to go there.

He's a determent to town. Camn, you were talking about lynching Nacho for the same reason? I say Ythan is the better option. Nacho hasn't been contributing, he hasn't made much of a case etc etc. He's a genuine lurker, just like McZombie was. Well, he's a bit more active, but still. at least his posts don't distract from the actual cases.

Ythan's posting has been a detriment to town since the beginning. He has distracted from the real cases purely by talking over them. He has made it difficult to find the content worthy posts. He has tied up the time, energy, and space that other people in the game have contributed with his own posts. basically he's been a real distraction. over a full quarter of the posts have been by him. In a 17 person game that should not be the case. about another quarter of the posts have been small ones answering his. or telling him to stop being such a distraction. If Ythan weren't here we'd have about 20 less pages, which would make it much easier for people like who don't have the time to read 40 pages of white noise to come in here and make real arguments. we'd have more real contribution from the people responding to Ythan, and more contribution in general from the people who don't want to deal with him.

My vote goes on Ythan, and you guys can lynch me for it, but unless the white noise is removed I don't think town really stands a chance.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Haylen »

The I hope you made VRK feel loved >=( Vote Count

Dramonic: Drippereth, Ythan
Nachomamma8: camn, SpyreX, Kmd ~
SpyreX: Anon
Ythan: Pulindar

Not Voting: Parama, Nachomamma8, Starbuck, Maemuki,Yosarian2, Weaboo

Lots of Love,
Hayl xxx
Last edited by Haylen on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Pulindar »

Oh, and I forgot to mention this. I did not realize that Anon had posted the same thing above me. My feelings on your contributions Ythan have been well known for a while now I think.

Haylen, I hope you're feeling better soon. I'm having a bad day as well, so at least misery loves company right :)
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Ythan »

Why did I expect more from Pulindar?

Oh well, sitting on this dramonic vote for the time being.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I'd still like to see Dramonic respond to this.
Drippereth wrote: Remember that I had claimed "NOT VIG" so if Dramonic were scum, he knew he wouldn't be making a mistake if he said I don't have a gun.

That's pretty damning I think.
I really am interested in hearing what you were thinking with your choice, dramonic.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by dramonic »

Yosarian2 wrote:I'd still like to see Dramonic respond to this.
Drippereth wrote: Remember that I had claimed "NOT VIG" so if Dramonic were scum, he knew he wouldn't be making a mistake if he said I don't have a gun.

That's pretty damning I think.
I really am interested in hearing what you were thinking with your choice, dramonic.
She didn't claim "not scum" :P

Also, this is a very good point against the people saying I'm vig hunting.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Okay. I'm fine with camn voting me dead, but KMD and SpyreX?

KMD is lurking on point with me, and Spyrex isn't much better. I think that it's a really good idea to note that KMD is protesting the dramonic lynch, and he's also has a town read on someone who isn't really posting a whole lot of content.

I'm confused as to where KMD's scum read on Anon is coming from. The things about Anon he's been "saying all game" are some scummy stuff he's done on page 1. As for Anon himself, I've seen a lot of protown posts from him (SEE: ISO 15), and, as I look over Spyrex a little closer, I definitely agree with the scum read.

Camn's talk of Dramonic's vig-hunting is weird to me. The possibility of a scum gunsmith is pretty small, IMO, and if he was vig hunting, I'd think that he'd simply claim vig and get it over with. The chance of him dying without the scumteam learning anything at all would be extremely small...

Drippereth is town.

I'm still annoyed at KMD's blatant hypocrisy... And I really hate how he doesn't describe any of his reads; Anon and Mae seem like random names pulled out of a hat.

Mae is town. She's careful about the day ending too early... her read on Pulindar is wrong, though.

Parama's been looking more and more town lately. At first, I just thought he was scum buddying Drip, but he's learned how to think on his own. Needs to explain his dramonic case better, though.

Pulindar's town. I've already explained this, though.

Spyrex is not as scummy as KMD, but he's still pretty scummy.

Starbuck/McZombie = Null. I didn't know McZombie was ever in this game...

Weaboo is... town? Maybe? I don't know, he need to post more.

Not sure about Yosarian2 lately. But he's town for right now because he definitely hasn't done anything to make me think differently.

Ythan is Ythan. He posts so much I really don't have a read on him... I don't find myself agreeing with him a whole lot, and I hated his attacks on Pulindar, so probably cum.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

...that last word should read "scum". I missed the preview button >.>
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Drippereth »

Unvote, Vote Nacho
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Parama »

Lol?
I don't get the Nacho wagon. ISO time?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Nah, Elli-gut. He'll explain in due time.

Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by Drippereth »

Post 1135 is a whole lot of lazy scum slop that can be summarized thusly:

"Ooopsy - I'm not lurking! See? Look! A POST! Is it long enough? No? How about now? Is it long enough? No? More? I'm running out of things to stretch out off the top of my head!"
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by camn »

Nachomamma8 wrote:<snip> IMO, and if he was vig hunting, I'd think that he'd simply claim vig and get it over with. The chance of him dying without the scumteam learning anything at all would be extremely small...<snip>.
No, he would just get vigged.
Whereas claiming a protective role would avoid the noose, give him town points for claiming 'gun' and bussing a buddy later, AND draw doc protection.
Hell, maybe he isn't an investigator AT ALL. Maybe he is plain scum.
If he is scum and targeted CSL, then gambling on ALL the townies being gun-free is pretty easy money. It is such an awesome fakeclaim.. . I think I'll use it if I ever get a chance.
But I do think he is an investigator, and is betting on there only being ONE in the game.
(PS.. I thought about

The only problem is last night.
If he drew protection.. why no kill?

Unless of course we have no doc.. and instead have a RB, who blocked a kill. Or a NK-immune somewhere in the mix.

Anyway, theory-wise it isn't weird, it's awesome... but I agree it is a non-optymal lynch TODAY.

Whereas NACHO is a fine lynch.
Set the precedent for the others.
Maybe scare up some activity from the under-actives.
Maybe even hit scum.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by Drippereth »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Nah, Elli-gut. He'll explain in due time.
You knew that was me how?
And remember what happened last time, when you had such a nonchalant attitude? :wink:
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by camn »

dramonic wrote:Also, this is a very good point against the people saying I'm vig hunting.
And no.. it is a GREAT argument that if you ARE scum, you are not an investigator.. and your fakeclaim is ENTIRELY fake.. not just kind of fake :)

I do agree that it doesn't really count against you though.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by dramonic »

I'm saying the people saying I'm vig hunting should explain to me why I'd investigate someone who yelled not vig at the top of its lungs.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Drippereth »

Maybe you thought I was double-stuff WIFOM'ing a claim-non-claim.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Drippereth wrote: I'm running out of things to stretch out off the top of my head!
Or more like "I was going to give a read on everyone, but I'm starting to get lazy!"
camn wrote: No, he would just get vigged.
Good point >.>
camn wrote:If he is scum and targeted CSL, then gambling on ALL the townies being gun-free is pretty easy money.
I disagree. I think that if there was a vig the first person they would target would most definitely be CSL unless they were sure about someone else being scum. So, leaving CSL alive overnight would make way more sense; if CSL survived the night, he definitely could assume all the townies were gun-free.
camn wrote:Anyway, theory-wise it isn't weird, it's awesome...
But doesn't it sound too ridiculously nefarious and complicated to you?
Drippereth wrote:You knew that was me how?
Nacho-gut.
Drippereth wrote:And remember what happened last time, when you had such a nonchalant attitude?
Mhm. There are two important differences for this one, though. 1) I'm town this time. 2) You aren't a vig, according to Dramonic.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by camn »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
camn wrote:Anyway, theory-wise it isn't weird, it's awesome...
But doesn't it sound too ridiculously nefarious and complicated to you?
There is no upper limit to that particular variable in my world.

But I agree that Dram is probably a scum-investigator, and not a plain scumbag. He figured Drip was WIFOMing him, so he went for her.

HOWEVER, I don't like how this discussion is going back to lynching Dram, and away from lynching NACHO.

Your laziness is why you must die. Defending yourself by claiming "lazy" only makes me want you more dead.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Parama »

Going to be V/LA until Friday

As such I need to be placing my vote soon.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Drippereth wrote:Maybe you thought I was double-stuff WIFOM'ing a claim-non-claim.
If so, then claiming gunsmith with a "no gun" result for you would be the dumbest thing ever. Either you'd counterclaim and he'd be proven 100% wrong (since he just said you were innocent), or else you'd just shoot him.

Honestly, if I was a gunsmith, I'd probably be more likely to investigate someone who claimed "not vig". Less chance of a false positive. That being said, it's also obv a good move if he's lying scum.

Eh, I'm willing to wait and see what happens. We'll have more information to better assess the claim later.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”