AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:00 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

If LS was town teh scums would be all over this wagon right now. They are trying to lurk it away. You know what to do.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:48 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

Hmm. I still think Raskol is scum, but it IS quite possible that bv is just... You know. Suffer is not helping himself at all by lurking his way through lylo. At this point, I'd rather lynch Raskol. Him making a bunch of shit up is far more scummy than the other people's superlurking, simply based on who is, imo, most likely to be scum. However, LS would probably be on my list, if I had one. In order of preference:

Raskol
LS
Suffer

Suffer has at least posted, which makes him slightly better than LS. Also, I think Alamanatee might be correct. Lurkers are always targets for scumwagons, even more so on Lylo. Why the silence?

Anyway, after the other people get back (or on March 8, to be safe) I'll switch.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:54 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Llama, I think you just named the entire scum team right there.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Peabody »

Hey sorry, school has been pretty time-consuming over the last couple days. I will consider a Raskol lynch if it comes down to it.

When I have to time post a more in-depth case, I will. Soon.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Peabody wrote:Hey sorry, school has been pretty time-consuming over the last couple days. I will consider a Raskol lynch if it comes down to it.

When I have to time post a more in-depth case, I will. Soon.
seriously, could you be any less useful
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

Active lurking for the win. Anyway, at this point, I'd be happy lynching either, with a preference for Raskol. LS REALLY needs to appear here, or be replaced.
mod, can we get a prod on lastsurvivor yet?
Other than that, this game is about as slow as longcat is long. It's practically 4 days until the deadline and counting now. Ak, who do you want to lynch most? I dunno if we can get a Raskol wagon up to steam, depending on who is scum. (imo I pegged it, but it's possible that I'm wrong, in which case we could be totally left holding the bag if the votes are split.)

Oh, I almost forgot:
Mod, do we only get votecounts if a player rolls it to the next page?
=P

MOD:
Hm... I might be in the process of replacing survivor, I'll check [temp]
[update]Yeah, I'm still waiting on replies for replacement. Just sent out another five PMs asking for a replacement. Deadline moved.

Yes, when the votecount hasn't changed. (Did I miss a vote?)
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:32 pm

Post by AK47x2 »

Lastsurvivor seems like the safest bet at this stage, considering we're lylo and all.
"If I abandon this project I would be a man without dreams and I don't want to live like that"
- Werner Herzog
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

DEADLINE MOVED!
Deadline will be 1 week from the date of the next replacement.
A mass prod will be sent out when the replacement joins. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Herodotus replaces Suffer.

easje682 replaces Last Survivor.

Deadline one week from today. Mass prod going out soon.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by easjo682 »

Hey! I'm replacing into this game, I haven't read anything yet but give me a little time and I will post a real post.
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by Herodotus »

I'm replacing in too. I read about 5 pages yesterday, but I don't have time at the moment. I'll see if I can catch up tomorrow.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by easjo682 »

I'm about half way through the posting, but if anyone would mind giving me a quick catch up that might be useful.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Herodotus »

I'm getting close to caught up.
I just noticed the votecount was wrong, and I'm voting, unless it got removed automatically when I replaced in.
unvote
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Catch Up Post
(There will be a tl;dr in my next post. Most of this is chronological.)
First thing first -- easjo682, you need to claim. Even if you haven't caught up.

The Almaster wagon seemed null, but the page 3 diamond wagon stands out to me as weak and suspicious. I think it was clear that diamondilium had something in mind when he voted Almaster. It looks to me like the scum saw someone scumhunting and tried to jump on them. This is a common strategy to (a) put someone on the defensive, or (b) poison the well*. But at the point that Peabody and AK voted him, he hadn't explained his ideas, so I'll give some clemency to posts 52 and 53. AK post 60 tastes awful. Torqez feels like a newbie more than anything, but slightly more like newb-scum than newb-town, especially given his later backtracking. Peabody gets townpoints for unvoting pretty quickly after Diamond's response. So for now, I'm fosing AK and Torquez.

* One variant of this is the "chainsaw defense." Another is attacking a townie who has a good town-read on another townie. So this could be evidence for Almaster-town if AK or Torquez is scum.

About my predecessor's "contradiction" -- I more or less agree with his response. People tend to get very
nervous
about placing L-1 or L-2 votes, even if the person they're voting isn't likely to be lynched. The first time I ever placed someone at L-1, I didn't want to log out because I wanted to see the results as things developed, even though I was pretty sure the person wouldn't be hammered any time soon. I even wrote up a 1.5 page, single spaced, essay about my decision (which I didn't post at the time because I was looking for reactions.) So anyways, I can understand suspecting that someone else wanted to downplay their vote by calling it random -- although I don't think it's really much of a scumtell.

I don't think I've ever seen a game with so many comments like
Thanks for pointing that out qax.
It's not scummy, just odd.

I like Peabody 110. At this point, I have mild townreads on Peabody and Almaster, a mild scumread on AK, and I'm feeling uncertain about Torquez.
llamaeat's comments about Almaster in 112 looks like the type of case a townie makes against a townie. Some people find things suspicious that are really towntells.

AK's 123 and 129 move him back to neutral. The change of stance on diamond is a bit late (in contrast to Peabody) but looks good for him.

Major hypocracy in qax42 post 130. He wants townies to stop saying who they think is town, and the comment is mainly aimed at AK. Which means he is indicating he believes that AK is town. Not sure whether it's a scumslip, or just a matter of not thinking about what he's saying.
Oops, he's dead, n/m. Still noting it for future reference. (On an unrelated note, I have learned over time that the benefits of discussing who looks townish outweigh the risks. Just keep an open mind and be ready to reconsider.)

No personal offense intended, llamaeat, but I don't enjoy reading your posts. They're rambling and look like disjointed rough drafts.

I like Raskol post 153:
Raskol wrote:I see we've got the standard "a bunch of people lurk while the active ones all attack each other" style of D1 going. Classic.
His post 160 also looks decent IMO.
It's strange to me that this was the second time Peabody has made a statement, and AK in the next post more or less said "I agree."

I don't think qax should have dropped the issue of Torquez. The case against him wasn't based on lurking, so the points raised remained valid when he flaked out.

I dislike llamaeat post 233. I suppose he was already suspicious of Almaster, so it's semi-understandable that he asks for a big post, but a big post wasn't really necessary -- Almaster's vote for Suave said a fair amount. The comment on Suave's claim also rubs me the wrong way, but it's a gut reaction and I can't explain it.
llama wrote:Maybe Orange has something to say about it?
...? Is this a player in this game?

llamaeat joining the flareonage wagon that Almaster was on while also suspecting him doesn't feel right. (Shortly after that when flare made an unprompted claim and said his lynch was inevitable, it was. But that was later.)
After that, it becomes unclear whether llama suspects Almaster or is just pressuring him for bigger posts.

Similarly, if Peabody was suspicious of Raskol, joining the same wagon as him on both day 1 and day 2 isn't very consistent, and looks opportunistic. Peabody's 308 looks bad.

I can understand the comments on the slow pace of this game. Frankly, I'm glad I'm replacing in instead of having been here all along. I hope we can push things forward.
Has the SolemnJ-Agar-BV310 playerslot said or done anything of note in this game? I can remember the day three vote on Almaster, which I don't like, and the early day 1 bandwagon vote, also on Almaster, which I found to be null. ETA: and the vote on llama, which was a semi-decent vote.

I find Peabody's claim a little questionable. He said during day 2 that
Peabody wrote:during night 1 I began suspecting Raskol as possibly being scum.
The first time I read that, I thought it might be a breadcrumb that he was a cop with a guilty result on Raskol. But then when he claims, he says he didn't track Raskol, but tracked diamond. Claiming to have tracked a dead player is pretty convenient. But here's the bigger thing: suppose Peabody is in fact a townie tracker, and that he was killed during night 2. We'd all go back to see if he'd breadcrumbed his results, and we'd likely decide that he had tracked Raskol to diamond, especially since he specifies that he became suspicious of Raskol
during the night
. I think Peabody changed his mind at some point during day 2, but it sure looked like a breadcrumb at the time.
I don't know what to make of that, but it makes me doubt Peabody a fair bit (though he did correctly state that Suffer had no action, which blunts my doubt some.)

llamaeat, the PGO role, in general, doesn't actually protect itself at all, and in this case AK was pretty clear in his claim. I think I understand where you might be coming from in asking for clarification -- otherwise he might, in theory, alter his claim. But I think that's a stretch and an unlikely scenario, so I see it as mildly scummy. On the other hand, I don't see how it helps scum to know the answer to that question, as they wouldn't target a PGO anyways, so if llama is scum, the question was pretty useless to him. Llama's responses to the votes on him have been full of OMGUS.

The bv/llama exchange is kind of funny. bv accuses llama of ad hominem for something that technically wasn't, then llama responds with an actual ad hominem attack.

Huh. llamaeat's writing ability has improved greatly since the beginning of the game. He's using paragraphs and expressing coherent ideas now. (Too many paragraphs though; I hate walls of text.)
But I think Raskol looks better in their exchanges. He's made it clear that people should look for alternate suspects if they disagree with the llamaeat lynch, so llamaeat's saying that Raskol is trying to shut down discussion is empty.

@Alamaster post 451:
I think the lastsurvivor wagon and the llamaeat wagon are similar in that regard.

By the way, I don't think lastsurvivor ever claimed (which is funny, since he proposed the massclaim.) After this post, I'll check to see if anyone else is unclaimed, but I don't think so. ETA: note at top so easjo will see it.

Some people are voting some other people right now, which makes them more significant to look at.

On AlmasterGM/Torquez-Lastsurvivor-easjo682:
I'm a little surprised that Almaster has been left alive, as he looked pretty townish on day 1, but it's very possible that he's town and the scum were simply afraid he'd be doc-protected.
Torquez had some bad moments.
Lastsurvivor basically flaked out of the game I was modding at the same time he flaked out of this game (technically he was lynched, but that was right before I replaced him.) I don't like his lack of claim, though it might not have been intentional. Even when he was here, though, he seemed lurky.
The Nobody Special kill definitely could have been lastsurvivor's idea -- at the time of night 2, they were daytalking neighbors in the game I just mentioned, and I can see lastsurvivor worrying that Nobody Special would have been able to read him better in this game. That's completely speculative and circumstantial, so I wouldn't rely on it, but it makes me feel a little more confident about the lastsurvivor playerslot being scum.

On SolemnJ-Agar-bv/llamaeat/Raskol:
I find Raskol townish in general. The bv player slot has been lurking and noncontributing. Llama looks more scummy than townie. Either llama, bv, or both, are probably scum.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Herodotus »

tl;dr:

AlamasterGM and Raskol are my main town reads.
AK looked scummy early in the game, but now I'm getting mostly town vibes from him.
Peabody is questionable. I had an early town read on him, which I'd almost be willing to trust, but he's become scummy since then.
llamaeat, bv, and easjo682 are all scummy.

Let's get this game in gear. Once easjo claims, I think I'll be ready to place a vote.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Hey guys I've been v/la, thought I posted here but guess I forgot
I'm on my phone right now, I'll catch up when I get back in 2 days.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by easjo682 »

okay, I've caught up but first off that claim you're wanting, I'm a Watcher. from what I've read I think that raskol or peabody is scum unsure of who the third one would be and I think that llama is just anti town

vote: peabody

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by Raskol »

got the prod. this game's been so dead I almost forgot it was going on.

will read.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by Raskol »

easjo682 wrote:okay, I've caught up but first off that claim you're wanting, I'm a Watcher. from what I've read I think that raskol or peabody is scum unsure of who the third one would be and I think that llama is just anti town

vote: peabody
this post is interesting.

I highly doubt that we have both a tracker and a watcher in this game, so it does seem at least probable that either Peabody or torqez/Lastusurvivor/easjo is lying.

I have to say, I believe Peabody more: if easjo is telling the truth, why didn't she include her results in her claim? A real watcher would be eager to share their info with the town, I think.

easjo? explain?
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by easjo682 »

because having taken over the role from previous person only one person was 'watched' when I gained the role which was a nobody visited result on peabody.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:09 pm

Post by Raskol »

easjo682 wrote:because having taken over the role from previous person only one person was 'watched' when I gained the role which was a nobody visited result on peabody.
This is day three, so there have been two nights. Are you saying that your predecessors didn't use their powers on one of them? Why wouldn't they?

Even if that's somehow true, which night was the investigation on, and why didn't you say that in your post?

I mean, if you're really a watcher then you should have the results right in front of you and it would be easy to say "okay, on night one the power wasn't used and night two they watched peabody and no one visited" or something. How is that hard? I really don't understand how a claim needs to be this drawn out if you're telling the truth.

On the other hand, if you're scum and you're making stuff up then it's easy to see why you don't give any details (you haven't thought of them yet).
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:26 pm

Post by easjo682 »

It didn't say what night that was on, if you let me I'll pm the mod and ask
as for the reason my predessor not using their power, I wouldn't know why they didn't use them, if I was scum don't you think I'd of thought of all the details in order to not have this drawn out.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

Woah, stuff happened!

Watcher and Tracker does seem rather unlikely. Easjo is looking even better for a lynch now. Perhaps Raskol is bussing, or maybe I'm just completely wrong, but easjo needs to die.

vote: easjo682

Do I really need to explain this one? At least this replacement isn't uberlurking, but Raskol does have a point. Watcher + Tracker is too imbalanced, especially with, apparently, a pgo, and I wasn't liking this slot too much before anyway.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by easjo682 »

you couldn't come to the conclusion that someone else is fake claiming?

GMT +12 (New Zealand)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”