The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by The1fifi »

If you are afraid of a quicklynch, you should unvote.
Matteh says :
Also, the wiki is only a REFERENCE point. Don't live by what it says
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Incognito »

camn wrote:incogwtchforQL, Ima offline for 2h
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Incognito »

I've just been checking out other intangibles to see if anything comes out of it, and I looked at post counts of the living players:

Echo - 7 + camn - 75 =
80 posts
inverno - 2 + jason - 71 =
73 posts
jbernier93 =
43 posts
McZombie - 23 + Incognito - 35 =
58 posts
Nikanor =
40 posts
Seven =
60 posts
The1fifi =
174 posts
. (Good gawd. I didn't even realize fifi posted THAT much. No wonder he was picked on so much at one point.)
Wacky =
41 posts

Wacky's and Nikanor's low post numbers stand out the most to me considering they've both been here since the very beginning of the game.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by camn »

Ha ha.

Obv, I like to win.. but if I have to lose, I would rather die lynching lurkers than any other way!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Seven »

I don't have time to post right this second but I will tonight. Don't lynch anyone.
"You smell like carnies and grade 9 date night."
Town (W/L): 1/2
Mafia (W/L): 1/0
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

4th vote count of day three

Nikanor 3: (The1fifi, Camn, Incognito)

Wacky 1: (jbernier93)

Not Voting 6:
Wacky, Seven, jasonT1981

-With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch
-Deadline is 3/26 @ 9am CST
jbernier93
jbernier93
Goon
jbernier93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by jbernier93 »

I'd switch to nik but I'd rather lynch Wacky or Seven.
unvote
for now.
0/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1tquUo2ng ^Watch this hilarious speech by someone in my Public Speaking class
Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Seven »

Reading over Camn and Incog's posts I'm pretty sure we've found our scumteam in them and jbernier. I don't even care which one we lynch first anymore.

My D2 suspicions were already on camn and JB, Jasper's flip confirms those already. I really didn't get much of a read on Incog (or McZ for that matter), but the last couple pages make him the most obvious third scum.

Camn's trying to coax Fifi into following her vote and pretty much succeeding at this point. Twice in 775 she claims town, twice she reassures Fifi she knows he's town, and three times refers to Fifi's inexperience. Not only is she buddying up to our PR, but she's relying on Fifi's easily swayed vote to manipulate him into almost whatever the hell she wants.

Nik went AWOL for a while, and got all lurky. Considering how all game there is very little to go on I can't possibly see why she is the best lynch. There are a few posts that are slight tells at best, and she's supposed to be our best lynch? Yes, she lurked in endgame. It's not like she had a reason to get lurky all of a sudden, there wasn't any serious pressure on her from D2. It seems more logical that she simply didn't have time to post in every single game. \

In Incog's 776 he starts his case on Nik, acquiesces that JB is being scummy but doesn't seem to want to push the case and is of course denying he sees anything suspicious about camn. And the way he ends it is just classic:
Cog wrote:I still think my case on Jason has some merit to it, so I think he'd probably be my number 3 but certain things about Wacky and Seven still bug me, so I'd need to look through their play to see if I still buy into my Jason-stuff at this point.
So basically at this point every player in the game is a potential lynch except camn and Fifi.
Fifi wrote:And about the jailkeeper.. well, its a protective role, but its not that good, cause it can't protect a power role withouth roleblocking him.
In general I don't think there's any obvious reason to target the JK over the GS. In this game however it was pretty obvious that Fifi would be best to keep around since they had a RB since he can be swayed with a little convincing. I don't think Zach would be as easily persuaded.

In camn's 789 she even gives us the "scumteam" for when JB flips:
camn wrote:I think scumteam =

jbernier93
Nikanor
jasonT1981
Although I really can't see why these three players would be connected, other than the fact that JB seemed doomed to be lynched (and flip scum), and camn/cog have been mutually trying to build cases on the other two that would seem stronger than the more obvious camn/incog/JB team.

I like Nik's 793, I'd like to see the rest of what she has. The only problem with her D1 analysis is that I should have been counted as voting for DTM. I did fully support his lynch at the time.
JB 795 wrote:Most of his day one posts also strike me as those of an active lurker.
I already admitted to active lurking D1, this isn't really a revelation.
camn wrote:SEVEN MUST BE SCUM.

Because of the DTM wagon.
I can't fit it into my head strategically that the ENTIRE scumteam would be on the Day 1 mislynch, right?
Really. This is serious? I WAS ON THE DTM BW. The only reason I didn't end up actually voting was because by the time I was ok with his lynch it would have been too close to letting someone hammer and I wanted to hear from him first (I had requested he do a PBPA). So scum IS all on the BW. Using the phrase "I've never seen it in the X amount of games I've played so it can't be possible" is completely ridiculous and NOT a valid point.
camn wrote:Gosh it totally makes sense.
Seven also somehow got OUT of a lynch.
Wow. I got out of a lynch. You know it's not a miracle, right? It happens. It's not like I unvoted for myself. I deserved to be lynched for the way I was playing, but I got back into the game and thankfully I wasn't the D2 lynch. My lynch would have been wasted at that point anyway.

Incog's 812 is full of ridiculous arguments as well:

Nik's unvote: I don't see what's abnormal about this. I'm pretty sure I did the same thing when I was voting for Jasper and had missed a lot, so I could reanalyze and make sure my vote was in the right place in case someone decided to hammer while I was away or something crazy.

Wacky's "defense" (because apparently agreeing=defending nowadays): Scum throwing more sand into our eyes. Incog is trying to test the waters. Words like "weird" and questions like "can anyone see the potential for" are inappropriate at this stage in the game.

Disintegration of my wagon: Meh, nothing to say about this. Unless all 5 people on my wagon were scum your point is inexistent.
camn 813 wrote:I am practically convinced re:Seven....
You went from convinced to practically convinced. What happened?
Furthermore, I think we need to gamble on seven-scum even if I were LESS convinced... because we can get a lot out of the seven-wagon if he flips.
So we need to risk losing LyLo on the off chance that I'm scum IN CASE I flip? Please.
@ Seven:
You are scum. It came to me in a dream.
Tell us who your buddies are and it will go better for you.
I thought you knew who my buddies were? And I also thought you would get amazing info from my lynch?

It's cute, though, this routine of yours.
Cog 814 wrote:Scum hate it when town begins clearing town, so they try to plant little seeds of doubt on the townies who seem a bit too sure of each other.
You just described your D3 play. Thanks for the heads up, mate.

Incog and camn then do exactly what I expected. They get fifi to put his vote on some townie and immediately place their votes on same townie AFTER Fifi has voted.

Incog's 827 is irrelevant once again. Wacky has had fewer posts but they were full of content. Nik was V/LA twice in a row, and this is NOT the time to lynch lurkers.

JB knows his vote on Nik would be too obvious even though he says he would switch to Nik. He's apparently waiting for 2 more town to vote Nik so he can QL at the end.

Tried to keep it short as possible by not quoting too much.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by Nikanor »

How the hell did I get three votes in one day? I HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED MY BLOODY ANALYSIS.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Since day two was a bit longer, I've prepared things a little differently:
Wacky's votes wrote:
McZombie/Incognito
Jasper
The McZombie vote was part of a gambit, which is a minor town-tell.
In iso27, Wacky does another of her confirmvotes. I still see the same thing as on day one. The fact that Wacky only makes one serious vote per day is really bothering me, though.
Seven's votes wrote:
jbernier
Jasper
Jasper
His first vote of the day is on jb, and is pretty weak. He states reasoning that can easily apply to Echo as well as jb. This vote strikes me as distancing, especially when in the next post Seven unvotes jb and states his suspicions as fifi, Jasper, and camn.
Seven wrote:I think our biggest threat is Jasper. We are pretty sure he has a gun, we don't know if he can use it again. We should lynch him today just to be safe. Once we find out what his role is, we'll know if we can trust fifi or not. So
This is his reasoning for voting Jasper. It looks like he's communicating to his scumbuddies more than anything, 'We know he has a gun, but we don't know if he can use it again, so we should lynch him just in case.'
Then Seven posts O.o posts. I like the reads there, but I won't really go in-depth. His Jasper vote after the walls is a lot better than the one before, too.
jbernier's votes wrote:
Seven
Jasper
The Seven vote is good. Good reasoning. Also the first vote on the Seven wagon. I would say that some of the sheep are more likely to be scum than jb.
The Jasper vote is weak and the third on the wagon.
jb wrote: I know this sounds like crap, but if I say anymore I worry that I would be helping the scum more than the town.
Now that everyone has claimed, can you elaborate?
McZ/Incog's votes wrote:
jbernier
fifi
jason
Oh hey, weak votes from McZombie. Big surprise. :roll:
The first two votes are from McZ.
I like Incog's first vote. I agree with what he says about jason. Good vote.

I'm really losing motivation here. I'm trying to stay unbiased but I know that there are probably two scum on my wagon now: camn and Incog. I don't know if I'll be home tomorrow night to finish my analysis, but if not I'll finish it the day after.
What I've done so far of the day two final vote count wrote:
Jasper
: (
Wacky
Seven
jbernier93
The1fifi
Zachrulez
Nikanor
)
JasonT1981: (
Incognito
, Camn)
Camn: (jasonT1981)

Not Voting:
Jasper
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:32 pm

Post by Wacky »

No time for me to post complete walls today, but will tomorrow.

On low post counts, for the second time, I'm in a different timezone, and it's still about one post per day. And it's content that matters.

Also, VT tell is lurky, flaky and lost (vanilla isn't exactly great motivation to play properly). By comparison, I expect scum to be actively posting about now, so lurker attacks on Nik aren't exactly more convincing. (not to say Nik isn't suspicious mind you)

But this is complete crap logic.

I really, really don't like the feel of especially recent Incog posts (also Camn to a lesser extent), it's too damn bloodthirsty, and very shaky logic in places. It reeks like scum pushing for a quick lynch so they can win already, knowing that even if they get caught out there's still two more chances for the town to screw up.

I also get the feel that Incog posts seem to be aimed at manipulating the1fifi in particular. This + bad McZombie vibes...I've had enough of this:

OMGUS VOTE: Incog
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Post by The1fifi »

Unvote Vote Invog
Matteh says :
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:54 pm

Post by The1fifi »

Incog
AT least for now. Gona do an extensive read tonight.
Matteh says :
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:38 am

Post by The1fifi »

Incognito wrote:This has been a really dense read. I think I'm just about caught up though.

General thoughts about the game

Wacky
- he (or is it she?) was the player
who has the most blood on his hands
with respect to the DTMaster lynch. The thing that's bothered me most about him is his tendency to tunnel on certain players -- I don't have a meta on him, so I don't know if he has a tendency to do this as town, but I can certainly see it as a viable scum tactic in that it would allow him to focus on certain players without commenting on others who could potentially be buddies to him. His recent PBPA also bugs me because it differs fairly drastically from my own. For example, l
isting The1fifi as Neutral just seems really bizarre
to me coming from a player of Wacky's experience -- do you really think a Newbie scum would premature claim like that when he or she would have no idea as to the existence of a potential investigative role? Under absolutely no pressure? And how exactly is jason obvtown?

Interesting, since his first analyzis he has been attacking wacky. Worth of note. Also, this is the second post where he tries to please me.

jbernier93
- I have absolutely no read on this guy, which is pretty pathetic. My general impression of his play is that he generally goes with the flow, which in my experience could come from
either scum or newbie town
. Interestingly, he was the hammer on DTM. I'll cover that end of Day VC analysis a bit later.

Since jbernier admited to be playing since 2006, i don't know how can you consider him newbie. probably you missed that post through your read, cause you weren't that focused on your scum partners' posts?

camn
- as far as I could see, camn is playing how camn always plays. I really liked her analysis surrounding Jasper vs. The1fifi even though I disagree with her Jasper-stance -- she approached it fairly level-headedly and was the first one to take a stance that didn't include one or the other absolutely HAS to be scum. I think a her-scum would have just fed in on the attacks going on at that time.
Probably the second towniest player in the game (behind The1fifi).

Blatant buddying. By the way, my night target was you. You were so friendly that i wanted to mak sure i could believe you. I am gona bet everything on your lych, therefore i hope this post i am doing here helps tomorrow when i am obviously dead.

Seven
- I really don't get why everyone backed away after he reached L-1 and produced a load of content somewhere back there. I was actually surprised by how drastically his play changed when he had that kind of pressure on him -- he went from producing largely one-liners to heavy content analysis. Also, like Wacky, he's another player whose reads differ pretty drastically from my own. I thought I could see a possible him-jason connection, but I'd need to read back to see if it's valid.

Don't know what to think about this on. Trying to imply a jason connection with seven. Maybe seven is scum, and since he was almost lynched, incog was setting here an excuse for a mislynch over jason, in case seven was actually lnched and fliped scum??

Zachrulez
- I've never played with Zach, but I modded him during his first Newbie game on here where he was town and modded him in the now completed
Mafia With The Quickness
where he was scum. I really wasn't impressed by his play in this particular game and
thought it reminded me more of his scum-play than town-play but with the JK claim and lack of a counterclaim, I really can't see myself lynching him at this point. I'll put him down as town for now.

Suspicious of a player we now know is town. Of course there was no need to push his lynch, since he would be the night kill target

Nikanor
- another player I modded in Mini 780 - Chosen. He feels really lurky to me here, but if I remember correctly t
hat's how he was in that game too, and he was town there
. All in all, I think he's
asking questions where appropriate
, and I've agreed with some of his line of thinking particularly in the early game. Therefore, I'd probably lean
town-ish on him.

So you have a lurking town meta on Nik, you liked his posts, you felt he was townish, but now you wanna lynch him at lylo?

Jasper
- I didn't really like much of his play
even outside of the one-shot vig claim, and as I mentioned before, I didn't like his reaction to The1fifi's Gunsmith claim either. His response to my question about Gunsmiths is about what I would expect if he was town, but I'm sure he'd respond that way if he's scum also.
Leaning scum on him.

Why weren't you on the wagon then?

The1fifi
-
as mentioned before, I'm getting good vibes from him and the claim solidifies that for me. Town.

So the investigative powerole who was not killed during the night, was the person you were trying to please the most. I think you don't have a roleblocker, instead i think zach targeted me.

jason
- outside of Jasper, jason's probably the player I take the most issue with (which is also why I'm surprised both Seven and Wacky labeled him as town, with Wacky going as far as to even call him OBVtown). A lot of his posts just give me the feeling that he's not really TRYING to figure out people's alignments -- just that he's trying to paint people in as scummy a light as possible. For example, I disagree completely with his post 33 -- obviously someone who's town shouldn't want to get lynched but it's usually
scum
who have more of a vested interest to survive, and I'm surprised that you seem to think otherwise there. Post 29 is more of the same -- he accuses The1fifi of making some sort of a slip by calling DTM scum but that was pretty clearly a mistake on his part. To label it as a "slip" seems like a really bad misrep.

Summary:

Town/Wouldn't support their lynch

- The1fifi
- camn
- Zachrulez
- Nikanor

Why are you voting him at lylo now??? So suspicious.

Scum/Would DEFINITELY support their lynch

- Jasper
- jason

To be determined/hoping to get a better read of

- Wacky
- Seven
- jbernier93

Also, end of Day 1 vote count looks like this (green is def-town, olive is townish):
the de-blueized version of Post 240 by Sotty7 wrote:
Last vote count of day one

DTMaster
7: (Wacky, Jasper,
Echo
, jasonT1981,
McZombie
, Nikanor, jbernier93)

The1fifi 1: (
Zachrulez
)
Regfan 1: (
The1fifi
)
Jasper 1: (
DTMaster
)
McZombie 1: (
Regfan
)

Not Voting 1:
Seven

-A lynch has been reached
-Mod scene forthcoming...
I'd predict that at least one but most likely TWO scum were on the end of D1 wagon and probably one scum was off the wagon. That's just my experience with Mini games of this type. In any case, my reads seem to be agreeing with this.

I don't want to end the day just yet without getting more info from players so I won't be placing Jasper back at L-1, but I do want to have a vote out. Therefore,
vote: jason
Note that i always said to be suspecious of everyone assuming i am town. Incog was the first, and camn also believed this, following incog right of the bat. ALSO BE VERY SUSPICIOUS OF ANYONE CONSIDERIN A CAMN/INCOG TEAM AND TOTALLY IGNORING A INCOG/MYSELF TEAM, WHICH IS JUST AS LIKELY IN TERMS OF BUDDYING. (looks at seven)
Matteh says :
Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:41 am

Post by Seven »

I have considered Fifi-scum, you know that. At this point in the game with Jasper flipping OSV it seems unlikely. I don't think we have a scum GS.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:18 am

Post by camn »

Ha ha. Seven is totally scum. Post 832 is a scum-fession.
Of course he doesn't "even care which one we lynch first anymore".... it is a scum-win either way!

But more importantly... Nikanor s DEF-scum.

In FIFI, CAMN INCOG.. there is at least 2, and probably three town... which leaves at LEAST 2... probably 3 scum OFF the wagon.
A whole 12 hours went by with 3 votes on Nika, right?
I agree that at this stage scum would be following the thread.. and would have piled 2 more votes on IF NIKA WAS TOWN..

However, since nika is scum, that didn't happen. NIka won't self-vote.. and Seven defended her instead of bussing......
Nikanor wrote:How the hell did I get three votes in one day? I HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED MY BLOODY ANALYSIS.
Because you are caught scum! Just like that one time, at band camp. :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:31 am

Post by camn »

PS.. Lets analyse Seven's confession:
I don't even care which one we lynch first anymore.
OF course not. Scum-win either way.
My D2 suspicions were already on camn and JB, Jasper's flip confirms those already.
Only scum set the stage for their future mislynches. MY suspicions develop based on the events that have transpired. SEVEN'S were well fabricated long ago. Scum.
It seems more logical that she simply didn't have time to post in every single game.
In which case the odds are just as good that she is scum. Outside factors do not a townie make.
So basically at this point every player in the game is a potential lynch except camn and Fifi.
Thats how I see things, too!!
In general I don't think there's any obvious reason to target the JK over the GS.
Except that a JK can't protect himself.
The only reason I didn't end up actually voting was because by the time I was ok with his lynch it would have been too close to letting someone hammer
AND THAT WOULD HAVE LOOKED TOO SCUMMY, SO YOU DIDN'T DO IT!
Unless all 5 people on my wagon were scum your point is inexistent.
Actually, only one or two needed to be. Go look how it went down!
You went from convinced to practically convinced. What happened?
Semantic arguments are the lifeblod of scum.
It's cute, though, this routine of yours.
I am cute! Thanks for noticing.

OK HERES THE BEST:
Incog and camn then do exactly what I expected. They get fifi to put his vote on some townie and immediately place their votes on same townie AFTER Fifi has voted.
Only this is the OPPOSITE of a scum play at this point.
The scumplay in Lylo is to wait till a small townie-fueled wagon builds.. then quickhammer 1-2-3.
Trust me, both Incog and I know that play.
The fact that it HASNT happened proved Nikanor is scum. Practically :)
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:35 am

Post by camn »

Wacky wrote:Also, VT tell is lurky, flaky and lost (vanilla isn't exactly great motivation to play properly). By comparison, I expect scum to be actively posting about now, so lurker attacks on Nik aren't exactly more convincing. (not to say Nik isn't suspicious mind you)
One more thing before I go to school..

This is the biggest pile of manure I have ever read.

SCUM lurk.
They Hide.
they refuse to post info.
Because it BENEFITS them.

Vanilla makes you fearless.
Your Nightkill is no great loss.
Hell, your LYNCH is no great loss.
You can do anything.

Remember this, grasshopper. For the town.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:01 am

Post by Wacky »

... that would be good vanilla town play. I hope I've been good vanilla town.

In real life, though, vanilla town lose interest, flake, and post more in games where they're SK or something.

I'm not against lynching lurkers when they're scummy, but I'd rather be picking someone who has been actively incriminating themselves first than some guy that hasn't posted enough for me to form a view.
camn wrote: In FIFI, CAMN INCOG.. there is at least 2, and probably three town... which leaves at LEAST 2... probably 3 scum OFF the wagon.
A whole 12 hours went by with 3 votes on Nika, right?
I agree that at this stage scum would be following the thread.. and would have piled 2 more votes on IF NIKA WAS TOWN..
You're partially right and totally misrep. Either Nika is scum as you said, or members of the scum-team have already piled on, and other members were inconveniently flaking, etc. Quick hammer is not the only way to play scum at lynch or lose and kinda risky too.

The speed that those three votes piled on leads me to think it's the latter and is the trigger for my vote on Incog.

P.s. Deflecting the issue with a joke about caught scum and band camp is great and all, but seriously why did those 3 votes just appeared in a snap? Feels so wrong and anti-town.

@The1fifi:
1. You're the only investigative role and so suspecting you today is kinda off the table. You're the policy night kill tonight and there's plenty of scum to lynch anyway.
2. Zachrulez was the policy night kill yesterday since if mafia targeted you, you could be protected but Zachrulez can't protect himself. It should not be a surprise to you that you are alive.

So I don't think you should be relying on Incog not suspecting you as a tell, but... the buddying... the buddying... is.

Extra post before sleep time over, good night guys.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Incognito »

This game is becoming clearer and clearer to me by the day. I always knew Minnesota had a bunch of pine trees and stuff, but I didn't think the chainsaws would come out all at the exact same time...

I'll be responding to each post/section/whatever, one at a time.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:52 am

Post by Incognito »

First Seven's stuff:
Post 832, Seven wrote:Reading over Camn and Incog's posts I'm pretty sure we've found our scumteam in them and jbernier. I don't even care which one we lynch first anymore.
In what seems to be a LyLo situation, you're so convinced that you've found a "team" that you're willing to lynch any of the above-mentioned three people Today? I can't even fathom you believing this if you were town. The proper thing to do would be to try to find which person you found to be the most likely to flip scum and then to vote for that person. After all, if you were town you'd realize that the whole entire game practically rested on your decision Today.
Post 832, Seven wrote:Nik went AWOL for a while, and got all lurky. Considering how all game there is very little to go on I can't possibly see why she is the best lynch. There are a few posts that are slight tells at best, and she's supposed to be our best lynch? Yes, she lurked in endgame. It's not like she had a reason to get lurky all of a sudden, there wasn't any serious pressure on her from D2. It seems more logical that she simply didn't have time to post in every single game.
This is a heavily reduced form of the case against Nikanor. I mentioned in my initial analysis of Nikanor that I'm aware of the fact that he tends to be a lurky player as scum OR town, so I didn't put much stock in "lurkiness" as being an actual tell for him. However, I didn't like the fact that when he WAS lurking through Day 2 and when he finally returned to the thread after my entrance, he just decided to hammer Jasper based on really weak reasoning that I outlined in my post #376 instead of him, say, extending the Day and trying to get more out of it from all the players. Particularly if he really did have issues with me and Jason and anyone else he said that he supposedly had issues with.
Post 832, Seven wrote:So basically at this point every player in the game is a potential lynch except camn and Fifi.
Camn is my strongest town read at this point and Fifi seems very likely to be our sole remaining PR. My other reads (aside from my Nikanor one) were in a state of flux that I was hoping to correct. Why is that an issue?
Post 832, Seven wrote:Nik's unvote: I don't see what's abnormal about this. I'm pretty sure I did the same thing when I was voting for Jasper and had missed a lot, so I could reanalyze and make sure my vote was in the right place in case someone decided to hammer while I was away or something crazy.
It indicates that his vote had no teeth, no basis, nothing strong supporting it but yet he apparently felt comfortable with it enough PRIOR to that to place you at L-1. There was no real threat of a quicklynch at that point, so that's not even an issue and if there was a quicklynch and we assume that you're town, the person who cast the lynching vote would have had major explaining to do or would pretty much be obvscum.

Translation: Unvoting was useless and if you're scum like I think you are, it only served as a cheap method for him to coyly back off of your wagon without having to explain his reasoning much.
Post 832, Seven wrote:Wacky's "defense" (because apparently agreeing=defending nowadays): Scum throwing more sand into our eyes. Incog is trying to test the waters. Words like "weird" and questions like "can anyone see the potential for" are inappropriate at this stage in the game.
Why? I have one solid scum read in Nikanor, and I'm trying to figure out who I think his buddies are so that the game can be sealed in future Days. Therefore, it makes logical sense to try and figure out if the entire team makes sense to myself and other people so that we could potentially win the game over the course of the next few Days rather than losing it in the long run. Assuming Nikanor is scum like I think he is, of course.
Post 832, Seven wrote:Disintegration of my wagon: Meh, nothing to say about this. Unless all 5 people on my wagon were scum your point is inexistent.
You're not curious about it at all? If you're town like you claim to be, wouldn't you want to look into something like that to figure out who the scums are? I know that when I'm being wagoned, that's my favorite time to read into people's reasons and really get a feel for who might be scum and town because I myself know that there are probably some people who are just misguided and some people who are pushing for malicious purposes. Figuring them out usually completely opens the game up for me.
Post 832, Seven wrote:Incog's 827 is irrelevant once again. Wacky has had fewer posts but they were full of content. Nik was V/LA twice in a row, and this is NOT the time to lynch lurkers.
Re: Wacky's posts: I'd say about 90% of this so-called content was zeroing in on and tunneling on people who have now been proven to be Town while ignoring suspicious activity from other players along with a strong absence of lurker hunting. He seemed very happy allowing lurkers to skate on by and labeling them as "non reads". Does that really strike you as townish? And Re: Nikanor: As I mentioned above, the case against Nikanor is hardly just a lurker case. I'm not surprised you've reduced it to that yet again.

To all: I know this might be a lot to read, but please look through this and see the really bad arguments and false assumptions that are being put forth here and it should hopefully be really obvious to you as to who the scums are and aren't at this point.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Incognito »

Comments on Nikanor's recent post:

I'd just like to point out that Nikanor's analysis of Wacky seems to be slightly negative
(
"the fact that Wacky only makes one serious vote per day is really bothering me though"
)
, and his analysis of Seven seems to be equally as negative
(
"looks like he's communicating to his scum buddies"
)
, but his analysis of me aside from the eye-rolling next to McZombie is largely positive, but yet he concludes that the scum are likely me and camn at this point. If Nikanor's scum like I think he is, then it looks like he still can't decide between distancing from his potential buddies (Wacky/Seven) and pushing a town mislynch (in me).

Also this feels fake:
Post 833, Nikanor wrote:How the hell did I get three votes in one day? I HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED MY BLOODY ANALYSIS.
Nikanor was around and posting while being wagoned (look at some of the timestamps of his posts in say, Open 209 and some of his modded games). He really didn't notice the wagon forming on him until hours and hours later?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:09 am

Post by Incognito »

Wacky, what happened to your Nikanor suspicions? Did they just evaporate?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:21 am

Post by Incognito »

And finally, fifi: I buddy up to people who I feel are town. It's what I do, and I'm not going to change that aspect of my play. Read any of my town games, and you'll see plenty of cases where I've blatantly buddied up to people when I've had substantial reason to believe those people were town. There are reasons for doing it, which I can go into, but yeah. If that's your biggest issue with me, I really suggest you look into my past play.

And as to why I'm voting Nikanor at LyLo when I previously listed him as town? Have you been reading the thread since Yesterday? My opinion of him completely changed when he hammered the way he did. I explained that back in my post #776 that you apparently liked at the time. Are you suggesting that changing an opinion when given new information is a scummy act?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:31 am

Post by Incognito »

I can't seem to leave this game alone haha.

There are a bunch of unanswered and very relevant questions that I had for Wacky that he hasn't even bothered to respond to that he instead called "crap logic". I'll list them here:
Incognito wrote:
Wacky wrote:Jasper: Would be policy lynch if it wasn't for the flavour of the deaths.
His thoughts about the person he decides to keep his vote on? I don't understand what he's saying here about the flavor. Wacky, explain?
Incognito wrote:
Post 798, Wacky wrote:Perhaps it's WIFOM, but I'm not sure if jbernier is the best choice because the DTM hammer seems too attention grabbing, and I seem to get lazy and lost vanilla town vibes from him rather than scum vibes.
This seems a bit misguided, and I don't understand why you'd feel this way while still suggesting that you find Nikanor scummy when Nikanor also laid down an "attention-grabbing" hammer to end the Day Yesterday.

Also, could you explain your table a bit more? I'm not sure I fully understand it.
Incognito wrote:
Post 810, Wacky wrote:All I'm concluding, though is that Incog is scummy, but camn not necessarily.
That entire post was about camn, but you conclude that I'm scummy? How does that work?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”