Mafia 109 - A Glitch in time - Game Over!

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:55 am

Post by SpyreX »

Night 2 with Dram I got nothing. Zip nada zilch.
Night 3 with Weaboo I got he went nowhere.

I thought he was playing with games about being roleblocked (since I received nothing saying I was roleblocked) BUT he was softclaiming a power role - which didn't make sense considering I saw him do nothing.

As for the MYSTERIOUS PRIZES - like I said, this is better than average (wea / yos) for being town. However, if I could have managed to not paint a "PR's aren't here guys" list I would have.

---

I'm not sure how this turned into "Yos is a great lynch" either. Starbuck skating and blaming it on the gamespeed? After, of course, being "caught up" enough to be willing to hammer? And then saying that its because we're lynching that she's not playing?

Give me a break.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kmd4390 wrote:I agree with Yos's number 4. If a town power role is a possible lynch, it seems obvious that scum are going to want to push that.

By the way, Yos is still the best lynch today.
I'm still waiting for you to give some kind of reason for that, KMD. Right now, I have to wonder if you're just voting me because you think I might be lynchable, possibly based on "hey, the two confirmed town people suspect Yos, I bet I can get him mislynched today." I haven't heard you give any reasoning for why you find me suspicious, that's for sure.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Yos, it was mostly the way you reacted to Nacho's claim and your post today where you voted Anon.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Parama »

Ugh, I lost my massive post due to site lag.
Retype...
Yosarian2 wrote:
Anon wrote:
Yosa2 wrote:Because scum-Anon really wants to lynch SpyreX for the same reason he tried to lynch Dramonic earlier in the game
- First I dont want to lynch Spyrex, at least for today. See optimal play above. And since when trying to lynch dramonic is a scumtell. Are you freaking serious?
I'm going to explain this one more time.

1. Dramonic claimed an info role.

2. That night, the scum failed to kill, which probably means they attemtped to kill him and failed.

3. The next day, I would expect scum to do whatever they could to lynch Dramonic; if he's an info role and he's getting doc protected or whatever and the scum can't nightkill him he's incredibly dangerous to them. YOu ever seen what a doc/cop pair does to a scum team?

4. So, yes, in that situation, trying to lynch Dramonic the next day is a scum tell, because that's what I would expect scum to do. There's no way there weren't at least some scum pushing the Dramonic wagon.
I dunno about this. i agree that dramonic would've been an easy lynch for scum... but the risk N2 wasn't as great because if dram did manage to find one of the scum, that scum could claim vig, and the only way to really disprove this claim would be for the real vig to cc. Of course, this means that the scum would kno the real vig while the town would not be sure for that day... at night, of course, the vig would probably shoot his cc while the maf shot the vig. I think the mafia would be willing to pull a stunt like this to get rid of the vig. Of course, that would mean confirming dram as town the day following the vig's death, and th possibility that another scum could be found out... I still don't think the maf shot at dramonic N2.
Also, SpyreX's N2 no result = jailkeep. Mae probably jailkept SpyreX that night, which is why there was no result... and someone, be it vg or maf, shot at him.
A total lack of kills N2 makes me believe we also have a doctor in this game. But it could be mafia/vig not choosing to kill as well... dunno why they would.
-----------------------
This is not a retype:
-----------------------
@ Drip, if KMD is scum, then he's the biggest threat to the town, since IIRC he's a double-voter (Day 2 IIRC...) Of course I could be thinking of the wrong person.
Out of the 4 that haven't been tracked or visited by gunsmith... Anon is town, Starbuck is scum, Pulindar is null, KMD is null. Out of the two who HAVE been tracked, Yos is the scum for sure.
Hmm... let's plan out these night actions.
IF WE LYNCH SCUM TODAY (Likely, looking at the wagon currently):
SpyreX needs to track KMD. Really big threat to the town otherwise.
Vig should shoot Yosarian. If I am asking the vig to shoot themself, shoot Pulindar.
IF WE DON'T LYNCH SCUM TODAY
SpyreX should track randomly between KMD/Pulindar/Yos - don't tell anybody who you are tracking.
Vig should not kill. Shooting wrong would put us at LyLo if KMD is scum sided (alternatively, we would still have a whole day left until LyLo if KMD is town).

Starbuck is the best lynch for today as it stands.
Vote: Starbuck

ISO'ed the Starbuck slot really quick.
McZombie's 2nd post is so terrible it's not even funny.
If Starbuck is scum Yos is not. Change what I said earlier.
Parama earlier in this post wrote: IF WE LYNCH
STARBUCK-SCUM
TODAY (Likely, looking at the wagon currently):
SpyreX needs to track KMD. Really big threat to the town otherwise.
Vig should shoot Pulindar. If I am asking the vig to shoot themself, shoot Anon.
Mmk. To be honest today's lynch is the end-all of this entire game the way I see it - we already have this won and we just need to go through several processes first. But then again I'm still withholding some major information that went into the formation of this plan.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Starbuck »

If the town thinks it's a good idea to lynch me, and not lynch someone else. I'll hammer.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Drip already showed why Starbuck isn't scum (Nik-wagon). Otherwise, I'd be all for lynching Starbuck today.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:38 am

Post by Parama »

Parama wrote: IF WE LYNCH
STARBUCK-SCUM
TODAY (Likely, looking at the wagon currently):
SpyreX needs to track KMD
. Really big threat to the town otherwise.
Vig should shoot Pulindar. If I am asking the vig to shoot themself, shoot Anon.
[/quote]
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Haylen »

Trying not to cry, Hayl sat in her dark silent corner of the library. It was becoming too much for her, knowing that her classmates and friends were in that room killing each other primarily because of her.This had been the last thing she had wanted...in fact it was incomprehendable that any half humane person in the world would advocate what was occuring in The Temple at that time. In a very big way, she blamed herself. It was
her
fault she didn't know how to get her pronounciation of latin phrases correct. It was her fault she hadn't tried to learn. She had no idea how they were going to beat the mafia this time. Last time, the scumbags had taken over school of sorcery even though they had ages to work out who the intruders were. Now it would be near impossible due to her incompetance. It was imperative that she corrected this as soon as possible. Otherwise there would be more than the deaths in that classroom to deal with. This whole thing was her responsibility, had she been able to remember what she had forseen when she looked into the Waters of the Future, this may have been prevented. Hell, she still didn't know what she saw that day. Maybe one day it would come back to her...but for now, she was safe in the memory that they had won the first time. Even when it was just two of them. Nothing was impossible.

Three Years Earlier
She felt a small weight on her side as Hayl became conscious, oh well, maybe she had fallen asleep with a book...a feeling of terror and suffering filled her very soul as she remembered the nightmare she had had that night. She'd been kidnapped by murderers, subjected to torture before managing to escape...then she had been attacked by a werewolf. She'd seen a flash of bright white light before waking up. That was all she could remember of it. It had seemed so real...almost as though she was dreaming lucidly again.

Finally, she was ready to open her eyes and begin a new day of lessons and sorcery. She still had a feeling of dread, though; Something didn't quite feel right to her. ,
it was almost as though it was too quiet for The Village where she stayed during the school term. Normally, she was woken up to the older children kicking balls around outside in the courtyard. Now there was just silence.

Opening her eyes, she surveyed the room she was in. This wasn't her room...she knew it was a room in The Temple though...and that wasn't a book resting against her side, it was a human head. Thankfully still attached to it's body. She recognised the person as a mason who worked at keeping the place in order. Kept things tidy. But what on Earth was he doing here...

Without giving her time to speculate, the mason stirred awake. When he opened his eyes, she could tell there was something wrong...you don't see that amount of fear in a persons eyes without something dreadful having happened.

"Hayl, thank goodness you're awake; the mafia -" He bagan speaking, before she interupted.

"Woah, woah, woah. Mafia? As in the murderous dudes I dreamed about last night. The same mafia who kidnapped me and tortured me and then a chased me through a forest where I nearly got eaten by a werewolf? That Mafia?" Hayl spoke quickly, her hands in the air.

"Yeah...thats exactly who I mean..."

"It wasn't a dream..." Hayl thought aloud in shock and dispair. Strong emotions evident in her expression.

"Dream? No, it wasn't a dream. The High Monk saved you. Now he's dead. It's only us left..."

"Then we must fight! We can't just give up!" Hayl smiled absently.

The mason gave her a very weird look. "You're an odd person, you know that?"

To which Hayl responded, "I have been told by many. So what's your name?" She asked, jumping out of bed - she was clothed in her new uniform.

"Nachomamma. I'm a mason here and you're Hayl, the last student and sorceress here."

Hayl reached out and firmly shook his hand, grinning. "It's a pleasure doing business with you, Nacho. Now tell me, why is there a glowey green shield around the door?"

The mason looked over to what she was staring at. "No idea, I presumed it was you..."

She gave him a very odd look. "Tell me. Do you possess any magical abilities or shown signs of any?"

"No, why?"

"'Cause that shield is coming from you. You're creating it. You're the one stopping them getting in. I guess I'm not the last sorcerer here afterall. Oh my gosh, this is so cool. You might be in my class next year..."

Nacho glanced at her in disbelief. "If we survive..."

The energetic young girl hit him lightly on the shoulder. "No if's or but's. We're going to do this...now this is what I want you to do..."

If anyone were spying on Hayl in the library, they would notice a very painful expression on her face.

You betrayed me, Nacho.
She thought,
I forgive you.

---------------------------------------

Meanwhile, back in the classroom of death as it was now dubbed by it's occupants; Another fight had broken out.

"Starbuck, you don't get it do you! We have to find out who's behind the killings, otherwise we might be next!" Drippereth spoke urgently.

Starbuck spoke back almost in tears, "I'm trying my best. You have no idea how hard it is to keep up when time is going this fast. I'm not my fault."

Starbuck could see in their eyes, they had already made their decision. At least some of them had the dignity to be ashamed and not look her in the eyes.

Starbuck tried to plead with them, "Look guys, please listen to me. I am not mafia. I'm a normal person just like most of you are. We need to find the read culprits, not continue ripping each other to shreds!"

Too late.

Just as the tigers had, a gigantic fire breathing dragon materialised into the classroom...thank goodness for high ceilings. It bared its fangs at Starbuck indicating that she would be its victim. Safe in the knowledge that she was going to die, Starbuck completely broke down in tears, sobbing that it wasn't her.

It wasn't a quick death either.

Starbuck had never felt such pain before in her life. It felt like needles dipped in the waters of the river Styx were piercing every millimetre of her skin. Her screams deafened her. Flames the temperature of a millions suns tore apart her flesh.

One would think, something clicked in her mind in her last moments. This horrific pain she was feeling was nothing compared to the emotional pain her classmates were feeling that very second.

Starbuck was Lynched Day 5, She was Vanilla Townie
Last edited by Haylen on Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Haylen »

The High Monk was in pain. So much so that it was unbearable. He had began feeling the aches of an old physical body, even at his young age. It was unheard of though, for a person to age faster if they had experienced a significantly high level of stress during their lives. First he had lost his wife in a fire that left him and both of his children homeless. Then his eldest daughter had passed on aswell. Now his school was being attacked and his pupils were being forced to murder each other out of fear for their own lives. Not only that but The Temple was giving off waves of suffering aswell. The magic inside its walls caused it to give off such energy.

His students were not alone in their suffering and angst during this time. As an empath, he felt everything that they did. It currently felt as though there was a hundred voices screaming and crying in his head over and over. Each individual person in the school fighting for their feelings to be heard. The worst thing was he could do nothing to help or protect them. They had to do it themselves. Just like last time. That caused him more heartache, it so far looked as though history was going to repeat itself.

Last time the mafia had infiltrated The Temple, he had not been High Monk. They had killed the previous one. Bodies of dead students littered the school, all had been murdered in horrific ways. He had been one of the ones to help defeat them last time, when Hayl had called for help.

They had won. But it hadn't came without a price.

Hi eldest daughter had been one of the ones to have been killed. His precious little girl, his angel. She was everything a person could ever want or need. Her personality was calm, kind and caring; she was very intelligent, she was doing sorcery to a skill level far beyond that of the rest of the children her age. It had been said she was an asset to the school. She was beautiful too, his Harmony, she had long dark red silky hair and bright blue eyes with a slim figure. A very pretty face, she had refused many offers from young men who wished to take her out to dinner. But she was dead, dead and gone. Nothing but a memory now. It was a small comfort to her father knowing that she had died in such a heroic way. Harmony's body had been found in a first years dormitory, she had been trying to keep them calm and protect them. She had failed. To her father, it felt as though his very soul had been torn in two when he had found out she was dead. He felt so so guilty over blocking his other daughter out. His youngest. She had only been a first year herself when her sister had been murdered at the age of 17. She had been lucky. Now, the only child he had left was looking to follow in her sisters footsteps...

She needed to stay alive, she just had to. There was no telling what the High Monk might do if he lost her too...

------

Parama glided along an unfamiliar corridor. He knew it had to be part of The Temple, though, it looked similar to the hallway leading to his dormitory. Unable to stop, he was pulled along by an invisible force. It wasn't a malicious force, it was neutral, but he felt an unusual coldness in his heart. He didn't try to push it away, it felt right for the upcoming situation...whatever that was...

He could see a large wooden door at the end of the corridor, it had elaborate patterns on it; they may have had some meaning long ago. Parama felt himself fill with anticipation at what he was about to do. He had seen this door before, but he was unable to remember where...oh well, that was not the issue, what was the issue was laid behind that door.

As he reached it, Parama grasped the brass handle; it felt very cold in his hand. But it did not worry him. Neither did the jewel encrested dagger he held in his right hand. He had to do what he had to do. The was no going back. He was going to be a hero.

He needed to save the world and magic alike.

---------

Every student in the room bolted upright from their fitful slumber at exactly the same time. After a few short words with each other it was soon evident that they had all had exactly the same dream...every single one of them. The fear in there eyes was that to the extent that it couldn't be faked. None of them were lying.

They realised rather quickly that one person had not participated in the discussion.

Drippereth...

He lay in pieces on the floor. During the night, he had been hacked to death, possibly by an axe. It was a bloodcurdling sight to behold. One or two of them were physically sick. At least he would not have felt any pain, the mafia used sleep charms to prevent them from waking up during the night.

Drippereth was killed last night, he/she/it was a SuperSaint

Writing up both sets of flavor now. I've only just been released from the kidnap of my parents >.>. It's now Day 6 with 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Monday 22nd March at 9pm GMT
Last edited by Haylen on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Parama »

SpyreX, results.
Also, thanks for not shooting, vig.
This really should work now.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Parama wrote:
I dunno about this. i agree that dramonic would've been an easy lynch for scum... but the risk N2 wasn't as great because if dram did manage to find one of the scum, that scum could claim vig, and the only way to really disprove this claim would be for the real vig to cc.
I really think your underestimating the power of an info role here.

A gunsmith, like a cop, dosn't even have to find scum to win the game. If he had just, say, cleared 2-3 more townies without dying, town pretty much autowins.

Basically, the scum HAD to get rid of him in order to win. Which probably either means lynching him, or at least throwing enough doubt on him so the doc dosn't protect him later.
I still don't think the maf shot at dramonic N2.
Why's that? As a claimed info role, he's the logical target for both scum and doctor, it makes perfect sense.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:40 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

So this is noobish... but what's a SuperSaint?

And yes, results, now.
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Parama »

If lynched, kills 2 people on the wagon IIRC. I think the last two votes on a wagon. Could hurt the town as much as helping it.
Of course we were never going to lynch Drip anyways so <____<
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Parama wrote:If lynched, kills 2 people on the wagon IIRC. I think the last two votes on a wagon. Could hurt the town as much as helping it.
Of course we were never going to lynch Drip anyways so <____<
Generally it just kills the last person on the wagon, the hammer vote.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Parama »

I thought that was vengeful townie and Supersaint was like a double vengeful townie.
Meh.
Mafia has way too many roles <_<
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Parama wrote:I thought that was vengeful townie and Supersaint was like a double vengeful townie.
Meh.
Mafia has way too many roles <_<
I think the supersaint role comes from the 3 player mafia game of the same name.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=SS3

Anyway, before we get too sidetracked, I'm going to just say that Anon is still scum. Only reason I'm not voting him now is that I'm going to hold my vote until we get results from SpyreX, in the hopes that SpyreX caught us a scum.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I think Yos and Pulindar are scum. Anon is still obvtown. Reck is probably town. Obviously, as has been said, we need Spy's results before we do anything.

And Supersaint normally kills the hammerer. Vengeful means the lynched player chooses who they kill (sometimes has to be on their wagon).
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Parama »

Anon is obvtown, Yos is prob scum. Just my opinions.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Parama »

People need to post more.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kmd4390 wrote:I think Yos and Pulindar are scum. Anon is still obvtown. Reck is probably town.
Parama wrote: Anon is obvtown, Yos is prob scum. Just my opinions.
Town is probably going to lose this game and Anon-scum is probably going to win, because it looks like several people have made up their mind based on absolutely nothing and are absolutely unwilling to consider the possibility that they are wrong.

And I'm not sure what I can do about it at this point, because hardly anyone seems willing to re-consider, even though I think I've played really well this game, beacuse no matter how many times I've been right and either opposed town lynches or supported scum lynches people seem to think I'm scum "just because".

I'm so frustrated with this game at this point. If anyone wants to actually play mafia, has anything they actually want to discuss or question or try to figure out, let me know. Otherwise, have fun losing.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

^Very defeatist sounding for someone with no votes yet.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by Parama »

Oh, I know much more about this game than you think.
Like I said, I'm still withholding some important information.
Though I cracked and breadcrumbed something yesterday. It was so subtle that it probably doesn't matter anyways.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Pulindar »

Yos, a quick question, when did you first consider Anon scum, and why?
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kmd4390 wrote:^Very defeatist sounding for someone with no votes yet.
(shrug) Meh, I guess. It's just unbelievably frustrating when people don't listen to reason, and unless SpyreX caught a scum today, I just don't see this ending well.

Para wrote: Oh, I know much more about this game than you think.
Apparently not.

Quote tag fix ~ Hayl
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Parama »

SpyreX's report today may make or break this game.
Trust me, I've got a whole plan here.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”