Mini 934 - Troubles at Smiths&Catharts (Game Over!)

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Copper wrote:Pom & charter: Is it normally a habit of either of you to try to select scum pairs on Day 1, before any flips or investigations?
A little, but I don't spend the bulk of my scumhunting looking for pairs.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

Pomegranate wrote:A little, but I don't spend the bulk of my scumhunting looking for pairs.
I'm quoting you so hopefully you'll notice (and also so I can make the following jibe; 'you don't seem to spend the bulk of your scumhunting scumhunting either'). I will below re-quote my request to you vis'a'vi your vote. You haven't reacted to my request of you earlier. If you feel the request is silly then at least respond and tell me why it is silly.
Frothingly Angry Vote Consolidation Man wrote:@POMEGRANATE - you have a wagon full of fruit from the Tree of Fail and are at the marketplace. Either start selling that stuff right now or abandon your cart and try to hook up with another.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Frothingly Angry Vote Consolidation Man wrote:@POMEGRANATE - you have a wagon full of fruit from the Tree of Fail and are at the marketplace. Either start selling that stuff right now or abandon your cart and try to hook up with another.
Gotcha. But I still don't kniw why anyone wabts fruits fron the Tree of Fail.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm not sure if you're;

1. implying being just busy and so cannot address this right now
2. being snide
3. not following the metaphor
4. simply joking

I'll explain the metaphor in case it's number 3 (if it's number 2 then I blow raspberries in your general direction, and if it's number 1 it helps reaffirm some of my attitude about voting for you. If it's 4 then I'm dense, but am emotionally okay with that.)

The wagon is your vote.
The fruit is your case.
The marketplace is where you try to convince the other players here to buy your case.

Start selling or find different produce.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@Sotty7, the game Troll played with CSL was the one Troll linked to in Troll's last post, Newbie Game 852.

@Copper, it was you (well one at least one of you) that pointed out the things Troll had said that would make the wagon on TheCheshireCat still potentially scummy. Troll thinks that it be entirely possible that scum who had just replaced in thought that it would be better to get on the scum wagon that was most likely to at that point to end in a lynch rather than waiting and missing the chance to bus and get any cred that comes with it. That would make the most likely scum on the wagon Locke Lamora or CSL, though Kthxbye's vote be an odd one.

It do be somewhat interesting to Troll that you seem to think that looking for scum pairings this early be a dubious thing and also ask those who be voting for TheChesireCat to do exactly that.

Re: Kthxbye's current hammer stance. Troll finds it slightly alarming but it looks more like bad play than scummy play and the rate we be going at it might get more necessary than it should be.

Re: Wagons Troll would be willing to get on. Troll would be willing to go with any of TheCheshireCat, CSL or Pomegranate at this point. Them be the closest things to viable that be of interest and that be the order Troll would pick. Pomegranate still feels more like a wagon that be put out there as a scum-bait alternative that be there because we have been too indecisive as a town and no be taking care of business. Even so it clearly be a much better choice than a no lynch, there be little that we would need to preserve about her play and those on it certainly feel better to Troll than those that were on the Kthxbye wagon.

@Henry Hathaway, what happened to the catching up tonight that you planned to do?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by Copper »

It do be somewhat interesting to Troll that you seem to think that looking for scum pairings this early be a dubious thing and also ask those who be voting for TheChesireCat to do exactly that.
I think it's normally iffy to look for scumpairs without any solid information. But Cheshire is a special case. I don't think it's possible that it was a wagon entirely pushed by town, because it would be quite the coincidence that Locke, CSL, and kthnx were all townies all rushing to push this wagon. As such, people who want to say that TCC is scum have a special obligation to either give names of potential busers or try to defend the idea of every wagoner being town. The difference this and most scumpair analysis is that, while we don't have the concrete information of a flip, we do have the information of the circumstances of TCC's wagon that I'm willing to treat as fairly strong.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:35 am

Post by RayFrost »

Anyway, of the two attacking copper, charter is town, pome is scum, and copper is town.

@ Thunder Man - actually, my case isn't as good as my original idea of 'SLICE OPEN THE POMEGRANATE,' so I'll return to that.

unvote, FoS: Pome

don't want to vote cuz of the whole kthx quickhammer threat thingamajig.
don't you feel silly now?
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:11 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Votecount 1.15

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

If you'll encounter any kind of mistake in my vote count - please point it out.

TheCheshireCat (4):
charter, Zorblag, CSL, Kthxbye
Pomegranate (3): Sotty7, Thor665, Locke Lamora
Kthxbye (1): Henry Hathaway
RayFrost (1): Pomegranate
Zorblag (1): TheCheshireCat
CSL (1): Copper

not voting: RayFrost

current deadline is: 26.02.2010 7PM GMT +1
Countdown

Deadline in ~ 1,5 day.
Last edited by Col.Cathart on Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

Zorblag wrote:Troll would be willing to go with any of TheCheshireCat, CSL or Pomegranate at this point. Them be the closest things to viable that be of interest and that be the order Troll would pick.
Why do you find CSL preferable to Cheshire?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

EBWOP

Rather - why do you find CSL preferable to Pom. (I'm awake, I swear)
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Sotty7 »

charter Post 642 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Pretty much yeah. Pom is pretending to scum hunt without actually providing anything of real use. I have asked her opinions a couple of times and nothing has resulted from it. I'm finding her really fake and scummy.
Can you show a few examples for me?
Sure.

Here, Pom makes a content list. Not a townie scum list, but a content list. This is crap because she doesn't actually say anything about her scum reads unless you want to leap in and say that lurking is her biggest scum tell. However she has a middle category that is called “not making any sense” How is that helpful?

I ask Pom to expand on her suspicions in the form of a townie/scum list. Others in the game say they don't like these lists and so Pom brushes off my case and tells Troll to do a townie/scum list. Notice this comes up after the town objection to the lists.

A few days later she makes this post in which everyone she is suspicious of is a lurker. She also finds TCC and IJL scummy for their “will catch up” posts even though she was guilty of doing so herself. She also doesn't provide her town/scum list even though she said it was "in the works"

I call her out on this and again here only for her to come back with this which is clearly back tracking. I also asked her for some discussion on active posters and she still doesn't provide this. More me calling her out

She then has the nerve to say she would hammer TCC because of poor content. What crap.

This is followed up by really weak questioning of HH with no follow up.

I also noticed looking back a big connection between Pom and Scrambles/HH. She defended Scrambles and his age at the start of the game. She put scrambles in the “not making any sense” section of the fail content list. Then the weak questioning of HH. If Pom flips scum that's where I would be looking next.

Ray if Pom is scum why FOS?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:18 am

Post by RayFrost »

Sotty7 wrote:Ray if Pom is scum why FOS?
Because I like the idea of doing this weird thing called looking for a partner. I know, I know, it's really strange, but I like doing it.

Scotty, why the lack of proper grammar / sudden cessation of finding me scummy?
don't you feel silly now?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Regarding 653: My cable went out last night, a short time after that post. It's affecting all my games right now. And the computer I'm on won't let me quote things right now. I'll try to make a quote-less post.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Pomegranate »

602: I agree that the line 'we need a flip' is scummy. He seems to be trying to rush a lynch, which is what scum want,

611: I sympathise.

617: You (Sotty) find me scummy, and think that the TCC wagon was scum-driven. If you think that I'm scum, why don't you think that I was on it?

625: I agree with you troll that when I've played with CSL that he's been lurky too.

626: Kthxbye, why don't you care who is lynched? That is distinctly anti-town.

635: See what I mean regarding RF?

656: Why don't you (RF) want to vote me? You think I'm scum, but don't want me to be hammered yet, one day before deadline?

661: Just to clarify- RF, you like looking for buddies before any flips?

I'm up for a lynch on RF, also Kthxbye, looking back. Also mayne CSL or TCC.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:29 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Holy crap. I didn't actually notice that Ray actually FoSed Pom instead of voting her. Mistake in my previous votecount corrected.

Activity check in progress.

Oh, and btw:
Deadline in 24,5 hours

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:35 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Prodding... No one. CSL has 24 hours left before forced replacement, still looking for TCC replacement.

Other players... Keep it up!
Last edited by Col.Cathart on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Pomegranate wrote:602: I agree that the line 'we need a flip' is scummy. He seems to be trying to rush a lynch, which is what scum want,
I hardly call wanting a flip (lynch) after 25 pages on D1 rushing

611: I sympathise.
buddy much

617: You (Sotty) find me scummy, and think that the TCC wagon was scum-driven. If you think that I'm scum, why don't you think that I was on it?

625: I agree with you troll that when I've played with CSL that he's been lurky too.

626: Kthxbye, why don't you care who is lynched? That is distinctly anti-town.
at this point, the water is so muddy, and this game has gone on so long EVERYONE has said or done something scummy. Plus, as I said, I was going to see who put someone at L-1 without mentioning my post about the instant hammer. I would have thought that to be scummy had the person lynched flipped town. Thor killed that gambit though.

635: See what I mean regarding RF?

656: Why don't you (RF) want to vote me? You think I'm scum, but don't want me to be hammered yet, one day before deadline?

661: Just to clarify- RF, you like looking for buddies before any flips?

I'm up for a lynch on RF, also Kthxbye, looking back. Also mayne CSL or TCC.
lol. you just said my not caring who was lynched (coming from my willingness to hammer next person at L-1) was scummy yet you just said you're cool with lynching 4 of the 11 players, other than yourself. Yet you see my willing to hammer next L-1 as scummy. You also do realize you are willing to hammer the people that most others have called out for being scummy.
Man oh man. First off Pom, you commented on 8 posts out of 60 posts. Secondly, I really hope you're the next to get to L-1. Who is/are your partner(s) if you don't mind me asking.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Sotty7 »

RayFrost Post 661 wrote:Scotty, why the lack of proper grammar / sudden cessation of finding me scummy?
You can blame the grammar on my dyslexia, but this is pretty funny seeing as you couldn't even get my SN right.

I never said I didn't find you scummy. Your still on my list, Pom is just doing a great job of overshadowing you.

Also, how exactly are you looking for Pom's supposed partner(s)?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Kthxbye wrote:
at this point, the water is so muddy, and this game has gone on so long EVERYONE has said or done something scummy. Plus, as I said, I was going to see who put someone at L-1 without mentioning my post about the instant hammer. I would have thought that to be scummy had the person lynched flipped town. Thor killed that gambit though.

[...]

lol. you just said my not caring who was lynched (coming from my willingness to hammer next person at L-1) was scummy yet you just said you're cool with lynching 4 of the 11 players, other than yourself. Yet you see my willing to hammer next L-1 as scummy. You also do realize you are willing to hammer the people that most others have called out for being scummy.
So was it a gambit or do you really have no reads?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Pom, instead of following down the path I see you so clearly trying to go down, let me ask you this and let you think about it.

Do you think our stronger scumhunters or those who are the least suspicious have/had a chance at getting to L-1? IF they did, don't you think it would be pretty scummy of the people on the wagon that got them there? Wouldn't that be pretty cool if something like that happened? Even if it didn't, do you think whoever is the next to get to L-1 is not going to have a good to great case against them with the players in this game? Answer these questions before you try and make my willingness to hammer the next person at L-1 with (at the time) 3 days till deadline scummy. okay? thanks. buh-bye now.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Answer my question first. Cuz I asked it first. You clearly contradicted yourself in the segments that I quoted in 668.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

Dear gawd people, 24 hours till deadline and Pom and Henry are happily sitting on little fail wagons? Why does it always have to be a wait-till-deadline marathon for vote consolidation? We basically stopped producing much worthwhile information a few days ago.

@Pom - you have given your list of four names. Three of the names already have votes on them (that are not yours) and two include multiple other posters also including them in their 'would be willing to lynch' lists.

The Ray wagon is dead and you are not trying to get it moving.
Get off it.

@EVERYONE VOTING TCC (Save Zorblag who I can actively recall doing this already) - please re-state your case on TCC and also provide the person you would like to lynch second most. (or at least link me to where you already did)

Also - everyone on TCC - what are your thoughts about CSL and his two posts? Do you think he's bussing a partner or just doing reasonable scumhunting? If you don't like his actions, how do you feel about being on a wagon with him?

I would happily lynch Pom, and am content to lynch CSL. Other then Pom I am not too aware of anyone else expressing interest in the Cheshire lynch, who is not already voting that way, which is why I really want to hear more from the people on that wagon.

@Col.Cathart
- Inquisitor was replaced by charter, so the vote is where it belongs but the name is incorrect in your last vote count. Just an FYI for future vote counts.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Unvote; Vote: CSL
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Thor665 »

This seems silly to have to ask, but do you have any particular reasons you favor him as your new top vote?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Well, I said in my last post that my suspects were RF, Kthxbye, CSL, and maybe TCC. I'm reluctant to jump in the TCC wagon right this second (but I will tomorrow if necessary to prevent a no-lynch). I know that a RF lynch won't happen. So there's CSL and Kthxbye. I was sort of a toss up from there, but I decided on CSL because his lurky playing isn't good, and I still don't like thr player slot in general.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”