Mini 931: Supreme Court Mafia (Game Over post 682)

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Netopalis »

He probably didn't realize that the research ability expired...
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by camn »

Why am >I< scum?
Because I still want to win?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

pman5595 wrote:why would scum vote their buddy, though? They would try to vote a townie. I really think we beat all 3.
All 3? I doubt Fishy is going to vote for himself.
camn wrote:Why am >I< scum?
Because I still want to win?
You've been scum all game.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by pman5595 »

Dry-fit wrote:
pman5595 wrote:why would scum vote their buddy, though? They would try to vote a townie. I really think we beat all 3.
All 3? I doubt Fishy is going to vote for himself.
I meant we beat the scum (you, Jack, and Fishy) to lynching
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by camn »

I can't see it.
There must be SOME scum voting for fishy, right?

It is a little strange that Jack is alive, I admit. . . But he has played a pretty strong town game. At least one of {pman, Netopolis} must be scum.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by Darox »

Oh wait I'm stupid and I apologize. I'm dead.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Battousai »

Ok, since there is no way town can now win, I will end the day instead of letting it get to deadline.

Fishythefish -David A McCreedy, Vanilla Attorney- has been deadline lynched D4

Netopalis, camn, and pman5595 WIN!!!

Game setup/mod notes coming up
Last edited by Battousai on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by Battousai »

Roles:

Dry-fit
You are . After hearing oral arguments, you have already decided to agree with the previous court's decision and uphold the exemption to the Fourth Amendment.

You are a
vanilla justice
. You win when all anti-town factions are eliminated and at least one member of the town faction is alive.
Confirm by return PM containing role name, flavor name, and partner(s) if you have any. Do not quote the role PM I sent you.

Mini 931: Supreme Court Mafia

Netopalis
You are . After hearing oral arguments, you've decided that the lower court was wrong. However, with these justices, you know your opinion will never be heard. So, you've secretly teamed up with Ruth Bader Ginsburg (pwnman), your lover, and Allen J Counard, your secret hitman you hired (Pman5595) to eliminate the other justices so President Barack Obama can appoint more malleable justices.

You are a
researcher
. Once a night, you may send in a player's name to use your research on. Due to finding precedent, that person would require one less vote to be lynched. The activation of this role will not be announced in the thread. This ability can not be used past Night 2. You win when all other factions are eliminated and at least one member of your own faction is alive.
Confirm by return PM containing role name, flavor name, and partner(s) if you have any. Do not quote the role PM I sent you.

JasonT1981
You are . After hearing oral arguments, you have already decided to agree with the previous court's decision and uphold the exemption to the Fourth Amendment.

You are a
vanilla justice
. You win when all anti-town factions are eliminated and at least one member of the town faction is alive.

Green Crayons

You are a
vanilla justice

DarklightA

You are a
vanilla justice

Camn
pwnman
You are . After hearing oral arguments, you have already decided to agree with the previous court's decision and uphold the exemption to the Fourth Amendment. However, with these justices, your opinion is hardly even heard... sexist bastards. So, you've teamed up with John Paul Stevens (Netopalis), your lover, and the secret hitman, Allen J Counard, John Paul Stevens hired (Pman5595) to eliminate the other justices so President Barack Obama can appoint more malleable justices.

You are a
mafia justice
. You win when all other factions are eliminated and at least one member of your own faction is alive.

Bub Bidderskins
You are . After hearing oral arguments, you have already decided not to agree with the previous court's decision to uphold the exemption to the Fourth Amendment.

You are a
vanilla justice

Jack

You are a
Computer Hacker
. With your son's software, you can hack into the private files of any justice. You will be informed of any action they have taken (power role actions only). You may send me a player's name each night, and you will get the action they did the previous night. You win when all anti-town factions are eliminated and at least one member of the town faction is alive.

Yosarian2

You are an
Investigator
. Once a night, you may send in a name to investigate. You will get a probable or not probable result (guilty/innocent). Your information is not guaranteed correct as the evidence you gather can be explained away. You win when all anti-town factions are eliminated and at least one member of the town faction is alive.

Pman5595
You are
Allen J Counard
. Officially, you are in court to try and overturn the lower court's decision that the police officer's entry was constitutional. Unofficially... you've been hired by justices John Paul Stevens (Netopalis) and Ruth Bader Ginsburg (pwnman) to help kill the other justices, and you've been paid handsomely to do so.

You are a
vetoholder
. Once a day, you may send a player's name to me via PM to be vetoed. That person's vote will not count for the rest of the day. Can not be used past day 3. The activation of this role will not be announced in the game. You win when all other factions are eliminated and at least one member of your own faction is alive.

Fishythefish
You are
David A McCreedy
. You are in court to try and overturn the lower court's decision that the police officer's entry was constitutional.

You are a
vanilla attorney

Darox
Wulfy
You are
Simon Jackson
. You are in court today to help keep the court secure, and to keep order.

You are a
vanilla officer
Confirm by return PM containing role name, flavor name, and partner(s) if you have any. Do not quote
the role PM I sent you.

Night Actions:

N0:

Neto researched Yos2 -success
pman vetoed dry-fit -success (D1)
Yos investigated Green Crayons -not probable
Jack researched no one -success

N1:

Neto researched DLA -success
pman vetoed no one -success (D2)
Yos investigated Jack -not probable
Jack researched jasonT1981- negative
Mafia killed Green Crayons

N2:

Neto researched jasonT1981 -success
pman vetoed -success (D3)
Yos investigated DLA -probable (mistake, should be not probable)
Jack researched pma -negative
Mafia killed Yos

N3:

Jack researched fishythefish -negative
Mafia killed Darox

In this game, I decided to allow what became D4. The point of having that scenario was to see what would happen with a cop and his/her results. Unfortunately Yos didn't survive that long so it was almost impossible (almost is why I let it continue as well) for the town to win going into D4.

Yos was a sane cop, however I believe I gave him the wrong result when he investigated the Dead on the night of his death by mistake.

Jack's role was in there to find the researcher, who I felt would be the most effective role of the two voting roles. He was only able to find roles that have used their role at least once during the game, and uses his/her role at night (On N0, all roles acted at same time and Jack could have gotten a positive result).

I gave everyone a role name first, then I randomly picked who would be scum/town (thus no intended connection). Then I flipped for the alignment of the roles and scum just happened to get both vote roles and town both investigative roles. Then I rolled dice to see which of the town/scum got the role.

On the Secret service agent/officer role. I needed a 12th role, so I invented this character as a fill in. I intended him to be part of the supreme court police force, but as I was hurried to write the initial flavor, I made a mistake and put in secret service agent.

Sorry about the lack of flavor. RL problems and school problems have greatly interfered with what I was trying to do and be able to post. What was supposed to happen was an evil force was controlling the mafia to commit these crimes. The 2 justice mafia internal anger was being manipulated by the evil force, and finally got them to become evil. The evil force feeds on chaos and fear, thus it fed on the fear his creations wrecked. The last person alive (if scum) would become the new evil force and do the exact same thing to another group of people and if town, the last person alive would restore order by calling the police and turning themselves in for the self defense murders of all the townies that died, thus the evil force could no longer consume and would move on to another group of people.
Last edited by Battousai on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Thanks for not making us play that out. Bwahahaha.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Oh, BTW, I was the researcher.

Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Darox »

Man, I go to sleep on day 3 and you lose it for us.

Netopalis was pretty heavy scum and Jason&Dry-Fit were obv town.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Jack »

Neto played a pretty great game I think. I had doubts about twice the whole game and dismissed them.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by camn »

Neto DID play a good game.

I also want to say that you, Jack, Were a Brick Wall when I replaced in.
I was VERY impressed. I thought I could stir up some crap by hitting you hard, but you didn't budge at all. Very nice.

Pman, Neto... I am OK with publishing our QT if you are.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Fine by me. I don't think I said anything too terrible about anybody.

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Jack »

btw, Fishy, if that wasn't a "I'm mafia hammering for the win" post I don't know what is. You had me convinced :lol:

The DLA lynch was our only really bad lynch. It would probably have been camn otherwise, which is harsh.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Meh, had you folks lynched Camn earlier, we'd have probably lynched Fishy today and Pman and I would have done the same thing on D5.

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Jack »

Unless I caught you doing your night action :twisted:
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Bah. I started thinking Neto was scum yesterday, looked like he and camn were conspiring to get me lynched, but I never suspected pman. Good job.

I was right about camn, but other than that I played pretty badly I think.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Tracker?

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by camn »

Also, my apologies, Darox.... I was really egging you on there for a while. I hope you weren't too mad :)
Almost everything I accused you of I was actually doing intentionally.....

I think we really capitalized on the research-mechanic.
We used it with DLA and Jason, right?

When I replaced in, I actually was playing for the town to lynch me. I thought that pwnman was scummy enough to deserve it.. and my scum-play is pretty bad sometimes... So my intention was to link Jack and Netopolis.. tying them together... then my flip would clear them both.

Jack.. do you think that influenced your thoughts on Neto?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Jack »

Computer hacker--previous night tracker.

I did jason, pman and fishy (all did nothing). Oh well. Too bad pman wasn't the researcher, although it makes sense that you wouldn't have him hammer.

Your crazy bill clinton theory was great though.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Darox »

Before day three I pretty much had no suspects, but at the start of day three, my list looked something like this.

Netopalis: Heavy Scum
FishytheFish: Heavy Scum
Dry-Fit: Maybe scum
Camn: ???
Pman: ???
Jason: Town
Jack: Obv town

Near the end it looked like this:

Netopalis: Obv Scum
Camn: Obv Scum
FishytheFish: Maybe scum
Pman: Maybe scum
Jason: Town
Dry-Fit: Obv town
Jack: Obv town
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Jack »

camn wrote:
He seems genuinely convinced I was scum round one, huge confirmation bias. Probably he was just convinced that I was a great lynch.

Were you really not reading the survey results carefully neto? That's pretty funny in retrospect.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Darox »

camn wrote:Also, my apologies, Darox.... I was really egging you on there for a while. I hope you weren't too mad :)
Almost everything I accused you of I was actually doing intentionally....
I noticed that, which is why you got a spot under netopalis at the end of day three.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Jack wrote:
camn wrote:
He seems genuinely convinced I was scum round one, huge confirmation bias. Probably he was just convinced that I was a great lynch.

Were you really not reading the survey results carefully neto? That's pretty funny in retrospect.
Survey results? What survey results? Not sure what you mean here.

As for D1...Yeah, I was convinced that it would be fairly easy to pile people on you. If I were actually looking for scum in this game, I'd have honed in towards you. I think that's a playstyle thing, though.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”