farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by farside22 »

But let's actually talk about things that matter. I contend that Robocop is going to flip Town. Your thoughts?
Why? I disagree. He's not trying and at this stage with his experience trying to make a case shouldn't be hard. I'm reading him as newbie scum frankly.
All of your reads thus far are made of words that don't say anything (#14).
You called Robocop a "bonafide hypocrite" (#11) but took your sweet time voting him (#13 the next day).
And of course lots of questions that don't actually seem to go anywhere (#13 and earlier).
I'll give you that my vote on Robo was slow even for me. I don't see my questions going no where. Some questions are to see for later, some are for things that hit me as odd. llama odd and something for later
Questions that seemed contradictory here
Some of my questions are just nuggets for a reminder in the future. I don't see why a concern for the vote count was needed. I don't see mod's posting people's color in this game as it would help scum. So for me Llama's comment is odd.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

LlamaFluff wrote:
farside22 wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:farside is really setting off bells, I think it stems from her intro to the game (and that farside is always scum) but something is just bugging me there.
I'm always scum? When was the last game we were in together?
Mafia 86? Im not sure there have been any other games we have played together.
As for my entry it's pretty typical post I have been making lately. Somewhat policy comment and reactionary at the same time. Interesting to see you don't say anything till now. Why did you wait?
Its nothing I can explain well so nothing worth pushing. If it was something I intended to push to a lynch people would know.
1 game together makes me always scum? That's pretty odd statement coming from you.

seeing you back up when prodded adds points against you in my book
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

farside22 wrote:1 game together makes me always scum? That's pretty odd statement coming from you.
Joke on what Fonz always says. I dont use smilies or anything like that so sometimes jokes are hard to convey
seeing you back up when prodded adds points against you in my book
Im pretty sure my "gut slightly scummy but thats it" has held constant. Where am I backing up?
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by farside22 »

Maybe it's the wrong wording but these post seem noncommittal or vague.
The last post felt like you were backing down off your own read on me.
I have some gut scummy reads on others, but its hard for me to really explain them at this point, so im sticking to pushing what I can explain, and am working from there.
farside is really setting off bells, I think it stems from her intro to the game (and that farside is always scum) but something is just bugging me there.

Its nothing I can explain well so nothing worth pushing. If it was something I intended to push to a lynch people would know.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ah ok. I consider "I think its from the intro" as "cant explain well". I think explain well constitutes being able to make a case on it, which I cant with what I have.

Its just a gut thing, the kind of read that you have to check with a role or expand off other alignments.
Co-host of The USL Show
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Dramo I see you posting. Get your fuzzy butt in here and formulate an oppinion post haste.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:38 am

Post by dramonic »

I find the hounding mostly done by Vas on me to be quite disturbing, especially if he follows it with a vote. It's not a scummy thing to be doing my modding duties while I'm V/LA

Sounds like opportunistic scum to me.
Also Elli saying Omni is obv-town is just weird.

See: VasudeVa
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:55 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Maemuki wrote:*le sigh* Is there an unwritten rule in Mafia that is: "When a spot gets replaced, unvote immediately"? I mean, I wanted the predcessor to post, he got replaced, I want the replacement to post until I unvote.
I wasn't really bothered that you didn't immediately unvote; I usually take a bit of time before moving mine around. It was that you followed up with the notion that the best place for your vote was an empty slot, and that you'd leave it there until it was filled - fortunately that happened quickly, but it could have taken the rest of the day.
animorpherv1 wrote:Back. Still stand behind dramonic.
Fair enough, but what's your opinion of Robo and the cases against him?
Vi wrote:The longer this drags on, the more I expect Robocop to flip VI-Town. I would expect n00bscum to not look so... pathetic.
That dramonic wagon still looks great though.
Drags on...? Nearly to a lynch 11 pages and 7 days in seems kinda quick to me, if anything.
Vi wrote:But let's actually talk about things that matter. I contend that Robocop is going to flip Town. Your thoughts?
I think it's strange that you've completely reversed your opinion to a town read based only on the fact that he's "pathetic" and isn't doing anything.
Vi wrote:farside is totally coasting on this lynch. She said something to me (she didn't
ask
, she made a statement) and it doesn't seem like what she's saying recently is actually intended to gain information or help us along overmuch.
An ISO shows that she's questioned pretty much everyone, much of it with original material, read other games for meta, gone back to re-read this game, given reasons for each of her votes, hasn't ignored questions and is par with the most prolific posters here. I read her as town, and definitely don't see
coasting

How is Robo not coasting in comparison to farside?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:26 am

Post by farside22 »

Sadly I really want to sign up for Vi's game if I wasn't overwhelmed I would so be getting in for it.
That said dramo there is more then OMGUS comments to be made on a player. Your post is full of fail in my view.
Morph list your top 3 scum suspects with valid reason's on what makes them scum.
Mae: What's your view with the replacement of omni and what seacore has said?

Seacore: Can't say I agree with you about information from the robo flip.
If he is scum it's one of those things I can see scum bussing. If he's town I see scum using his wagon as an easy mislynch. I have seen scum place a vote 1st and last. I think reasoning for that vote is something to consider.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Vi »

farside22 258 wrote:Sadly I really want to sign up for Vi's game if I wasn't overwhelmed I would so be getting in for it.
Talking of which! A little bird told me that dramonic is signing up for games right now.
Unsee: ElectricBadger
See: dramonic
(L-3)

dramonic's post 256 is what I'm talking about when I say that I would expect n00bscum to
try
to look Town, rather than fail completely.

Now that I've said that, I'll go ahead and actually read the thread. (>")>
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Vi »

whee ADDing

I don't really see anything particularly damning in farside 250. L-Fluff already cleared up what I was going to say about 251.

So what ARE your reads, anyway?

---
E-Badger 257 wrote:Drags on...? Nearly to a lynch 11 pages and 7 days in seems kinda quick to me, if anything.
Forget the page and date.
We found a someone or two who's acting legitimately scummy. He's not posting except to look pathetic on occasion. People are actively saying they don't want to lynch him (that is, they don't want to pressure him). Therefore the game ground to a halt in that regard.

This is more ranting than anything.
E-Badger 257 wrote:I think it's strange that you've completely reversed your opinion to a town read based only on the fact that he's "pathetic" and isn't doing anything.
He's not acting like I would expect scum to in that situation (based on what I expected). With that said, I can't completely disagree with farside's whatever-it-is-but-don't-call-it-Appeal-to-Experience-because-someone-will-take-that-the-wrong-way-hyphen-abuse but I still don't sense that he's going to flip scum based on how he's giving up. (By saying this his chance of doing just that went up by 20% but etc.) Contrast dramonic 256.

---

Hey Robocopter.
*Could you link to Newbie 926? I totally don't see it in tR2R.
*Why are you underproducing in this game?
*Could you link to a game where you were Mafia?

---

Seacore. Do you
expect
Robocopter to flip scum?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vi wrote:I don't really see anything particularly damning in farside 250. L-Fluff already cleared up what I was going to say about 251.

So what ARE your reads, anyway?
I have Elli as town, then Mae and VV as lesser town. Have RC as scum with a few gut reads, and a few more modifyable after a flip.
Co-host of The USL Show
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

vi wrote: Hey Robocopter.
*Could you link to Newbie 926? I totally don't see it in tR2R.
*Why are you underproducing in this game?
*Could you link to a game where you were Mafia?
*Newbie 926
*I think its because I have absolutely no idea where to start. In the beginning of the thread I felt really lost because it was hard to understand what I should be doing. So i went off the old "If they act like scum they usually are" and voted dram because of his bandwagoning. I really don't see anything else that says, "Im scum."
*Can't seem to find it! I'll post it in a seperate post when I find it.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by dramonic »

OMG READS!

About Ani:
I've mixed feelings here. He's performed numerous thing I see as quite scummy (voting the mod in a non-bastard game, asking for a color-wincon-claim in his first post), but he really is capable of doing those things as town. When asked who is scummier he just deflects it saying both reads are fluffy. Now he just takes a stance on me and say "yeah, let's lynch him" without commenting on recent events

About Vi:
Supporting quicklynch is evil. Also, seems town when I compare with its play in mafia 100

About Vas:
It's been mentionned already, but the contradiction doesnt sit well at all. I'm also quite irked by the martyr-complex about language. Scum defense at its peak. Also the hounding when I'm V/LA is still there, still crappy, still scummy.

Omni:
Well he didn't do f- all, but he's replaced out, so... Seacore is giving me town-vibe.

Robo:
He's displayed a nice IIoA catchup post, which is quite scummy. ISO 7 is freaking hilarious considering he wants to direct us away from some of his games.

Llama:
Giving me a powerful gut-town read, but there's something about 121 that is REALLY rubbing me the wrong way. Take a look at it fellas, it's interesting.

Farside, Maemuki, Tony:
I've yet to develop a proper read on, posts are null in my eyes

Elli EB:
Gut-town, posts are null in my eyes
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Dram wrote: Robo:
He's displayed a nice IIoA catchup post, which is quite scummy. ISO 7 is freaking hilarious considering he wants to direct us away from some of his games.
A
Nice
cathcup post but yet it is still
scummy?
Contradiction.

ISO 7 was just a warning saying that I do not play like that anymore. I changed my playstyle once I realized the playstyle in Newbie 884 completly sucked.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by dramonic »

It's good IIoA
IIoA is scummy
I'm a hoot
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Everyone says I do IIoA. Its because I am bad at explaining my reasons and post the basis off them and don't point out how I connected the dots. It is the fatal flaw in my playstyle.

But I never understood how it is a scum tell.. Information brings out facts. and facts are solid conrcete evidence. Analysis are good, but can be flawed and biased. So why is Info so bad?

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by dramonic »

because it's fact, exactly.
The whole point of scumhunting is to find the motives behind what you are chasing. Spouting fact doesnt give a stance on anything, and it doesnt require you to actually reason, you just summarize what's been said already.
I'm a hoot
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Thats true.

I guess you need Information
And
analysis.

Fact for a basis and Analysis to find a deeper meaning.

Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by Seacore »

Yes, I expect Robo to flip scum.

Robo, I'd like you to claim please. I asked you to do it before. Consider my vote a hovering L-1 for you. I'm just not putting it down, because I don't want you hammered before you claim.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Seacore wrote: Yes, I expect Robo to flip scum.

Robo, I'd like you to claim please. I asked you to do it before. Consider my vote a hovering L-1 for you. I'm just not putting it down, because I don't want you hammered before you claim.
Alright,
I am a regular Robot Unicorn.

I don't think claiming colors is very smart.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Vi »

Seacore 269 wrote:Yes, I expect Robo to flip scum.
The reason I asked was because in your post accusing Robocopter (#3) you seemed to imply rather heavily that you weren't going to apologize if the wagon hit Town. So your surety now is bothersome.

Robocopter - Is dramonic still scum?

Seacore - Why did you ask Robocopter to prematurely claim?

LlamaFluff - That question was directed toward farside, but etc.

dramonic is still lolscum
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Vi wrote: Robocopter - Is dramonic still scum?

Seacore - Why did you ask Robocopter to prematurely claim?
I do think Dramonic is still scum.

Also Seacore explained he did not want me to get hammered before I got a chance to claim. I should be at L-1 soon.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Vi »

Robocopter87 272 wrote:Also Seacore explained he did not want me to get hammered before I got a chance to claim. I should be at L-1 soon.
Claims are requested by the people who intend to hammer, not the ones that drop an L-1 vote. Claims are meant as a last resort to keep you from being lynched, not a curiosity you see by paying the L-1 admission price.

Plus if anyone "accidentally" hammered you they would have hell to pay.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Seacore »

You're misrepresenting me a little bit there Vi, but I don't mind, its normal Day 1 jumping at shadows.

I think Robo is scum. His reaction to his bandwagon has been scummy. His actions leading up to that bandwagon were scummy (thus the bandwagon)

However, if I'm wrong (and there's usually a good chance of that on day 1), I'm not going to lose much sleep over it.
I'm not going to apologise for the lynch, if he flips town. I don't apologise for legit lynches.

Its also not a premature claim. He's at L-2. I'm going to be checking this game frequently for the next few hours (the boss is away). I've declared that I want to vote for him. So that basically puts him at L-1. Which is claim-ville.

In fact, now that he has claimed.

see: Robocopter87

Dramonic is not obvscum, he always looks like this. I've seen him flake out on a game while signing up for a new one and flaking out on that. He was town in both.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”