Open 209: The Invasion of Liten (Game Over)

Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:33 am

Post by Pulindar »

yet again sniper's post just makes me want to lynch him.

SFG- the only problem I see with your logic is that in this game even the scum are looking to lynch scum from the other group. That tends to make me think, even if Furry is scum he would be trying to hunt scum. This game is a bit different, which may be throwing people off.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:09 am

Post by SFG »

maybe. I will admit that this is the first forum mafia game I have ever played with multiple scumgroups, and so I am still learning how to deal with that.
The textwaller of d00m
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Pulindar »

SFG wrote:maybe. I will admit that this is the first forum mafia game I have ever played with multiple scumgroups, and so I am still learning how to deal with that.
Same here, it's been my major problem :(

Either way though, you've had great reads so far ... I just wanted to keep in mind that here even scum need to hunt.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Slaxx »

Okay, I'm going to spend my botany class looking through this thread instead. On Puli's post: This is why its a little less risky to try to lynch Nik's partner. I think we have a better shot at it because we do stuff we're used to: looking for connections.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:36 am

Post by Pulindar »

Slaxx wrote:Okay, I'm going to spend my botany class looking through this thread instead. On Puli's post: This is why its a little less risky to try to lynch Nik's partner. I think we have a better shot at it because we do stuff we're used to: looking for connections.
Yes, and I'd be willing to go after Nika's partner for sure, but I think if we can find at least someone from the other team first that would be best. I suggest looking into that as well. If I still have a lack of reads a little later I'll probably go for the person I think is Nika's partner (sniper)
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Slaxx »

Posts 0-300

Haylen/DeathnoteIn
Post 34
Nikanor actively advocates a Haylen Wagon. I don't feel that Nik would advocate a bandwagon on a scumbuddy that early in the game, although it is possible.
Nikanor wrote:So why don't you jump on the Haylen wagon, Slaxx?
Haylen wrote:I must agree with you here. Go for it.
Defeatism won't save you, scum.

horrordude, why did you not respond to what I said about you?
Posts 145
and
kind of make my gut cringe. She doesn't even have a general clue? Come on, we're over a 100 posts into the game and not even a inkling of a suspicion. However, in
Post 147
, she votes Nikanor, confirmed scum.

Pulindar
Post 19
still reads as an attempt at subtle distancing.
Pulindar wrote:BTW St. Kerrigan I know we talked about it before, but I'd still really like to be a rebel with Haylen. I know you can still switch things around and make that work.

In
Post 43
Pulindar knocks Haylen from L-2 to L-3. Haylen is one of my scum reads and we've already discussed concerns of a Puli/Haylen pair, so this worries me a little bit. However, I don't think its enough to act on. We shall keep reading ^_^.

Pulindar wrote:Haylen's at L-2

Unvote

Strike that, Haylen is at L-3

I don't want some Sniper coming in and Steam Powering the Hammer down.

Vote Nikanor
because she's trying to buddy up with me by saying I'm town :)

Ah, screw it I don't think Nika is scum yet
Unvote

I'll
vote Slaxx
He wants to have a bandwagon go, I started one I can start another on him and we can have two competing ones rolling.
Post 80
is giving me a town vibe, though I don't know why.
Pulindar wrote:@ Nika: Because you're the person I'm most concerned with responding to.
Post 92
Why were you most concerned about answering to Nikanor?
In retrospect, the buddying does seem a little excessive.
Post 153
I have mixed feelings about. Everyone knows I hate his defenses on Haylen xD. So I'll just go ahead and point out that I still dont like how is explanation is he likes the lightheartedness of her posting. To me, someone who is trying to hunt scum, its annoying. And I feel like town Puli would feel the same way, but I don't think I've played with him quite enough (nearly enough, really)to say for sure.
Post 207
makes me think Puli is either keeps slipping on the rebel thing, he is WIFOMing big time, or he's just a really unlucky guy.
Pulindar wrote:Since it is needed
[joke="Having fun with Nika"]
Nika I think that this post points out that you are in a powerful position. This flavor shows, that as Chief of Security you obviously have access to many varieties and classes of weapons. Some of those same weapons were used by the rebels. Are you affiliated with the Rebels Nika? I ask you this with trepidation, but it is a question that must be posed.[/joke] (Nikanor flipped Rebel)
In
Post 231
Nikanor randomly expresses concern two votes on Pulindar.
Post 299
makes my gut cringe too. Instead of just saying the defense was strong, he had to add like 3 qualifiers onto the post.
Pulindar wrote:That defense just seems a bit strong to me. I see Sniper as a possibility, I don't see the need to defend someone so much. But I have no other reason to suspect Nika, which means that even if sniper flipped scum I would probably be unsure and would not be confident in my suspicion of Nika. I'd probably just go from town read to null read. And that's only IF Sniper flips scum.

AldusskelAl makes his first appearance in
Post 73
of the game. He just answers the RQS and jumps on a bandwagon. This doesn't sit well with me.

I get town vibes from his
Post 171
. I wish he would have voted someone else, however. HE seemed to have a stronger read on Puli than Haylen, but either way I don't find this highly suspicious.

Town vibes from
Post 225
and

SFGIn post
SFG gives some good and not so good reads, the one problem I had with them I had already stated. However, her actions following that I have been content with. I feel SFG is town, but I won't be paying any less attention to her as I continue through my reading of the thread.
I'm kind of lazy, do you mind giving me a quick rundown of SPS's meta?

SPS
Post 100
is where SPS appears on the scene. He kind of makes a reach at Nicodemus and the post is overall scummy, as Nic pointed out. However, Nic's same post at that time made me think NIC was scum, just his reaction to the vote. I don't know what to make of this occurrence, but SPS's reason feels forced. By
Post 164
he claims to still not have reads on anybody when many people have sorted out all theirs.
Its 250 posts into the game, and SPS is still commenting on game play mechanics and only has one scum read.

Post 262
seems a little timid. He also passes off on his meta.

Note: Horrordude and Sniper aren't on the list, but please do take note of their lurking.

Questions for anyone I have are italicized within their Read.

Right now, SPS is Arkon along with an unknown person. Puli is the other Rebel.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Slaxx »

Additional Notes: There is 1 broken quote in the Puli section.

Haylen/SPS scumpair is possible.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Slaxx »

Ugh I can't possibly do that for another 800 posts. Maybe later. Anyway, town reads are Aldusskel and SFG. Neutral Reads are Furry and Sniper. Scum Reads are SPS, Puli, and Haylen. Think I got everyone.

I'll look for some connections between Haylen and SPS later.

Puli is my strongest scum read, but I don't want to vote because it seems we're going to try to lynch an Arkon. The thing is, I think Puli is scum/was scum with Nikanor. However, SPS's defense yesterday of Nik makes me not think that. I want everyone's opinions. Motivation for SPS to not lynch Nikanor either means it was his scumbuddy, he honestly thought Nik was town, or he was trying to push a lynch on someone of the opposite scumteam.

Help me guys =(
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Pulindar »

Pulin wrote: - Nikanor - Neutral read - I like how Nika plays, but hated her blatant defense of Sniper. If sniper is scum I'll think Nika is his partner. If sniper is town I'll think Nika is town.
I'd just like to point that out Slaxx.
Slaxx wrote: makes me think Puli is either keeps slipping on the rebel thing, he is WIFOMing big time, or he's just a really unlucky guy.
Pulindar wrote:Since it is needed
[joke="Having fun with Nika"]
Nika I think that this post points out that you are in a powerful position. This flavor shows, that as Chief of Security you obviously have access to many varieties and classes of weapons. Some of those same weapons were used by the rebels. Are you affiliated with the Rebels Nika? I ask you this with trepidation, but it is a question that must be posed.[/joke]
(Nikanor flipped Rebel)
I'm just a really unlucky guy :(

But that does bring up a valid point... I was joking with Nika, but that's something that I gleaned from the flavor... I think it proves interesting enough that we should reread the flavor, see who shows up and how. I guess I should do that... I'll go through St. Kerrigan's Flavor shortly.

We need to see what positions everyone has etc. it might not lead to anything, but it is worth checking out.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Slaxx »

Could you give me a post number Puli?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Slaxx »

For that first quote. Apologies for ambiguity.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Pulindar »

mmm I could look for it. Let me try to find it. I only noticed the quote because it was a in my notes and I was reading through them.... This was the full quote at that time.
Pulindar wrote:- Haylen - Town Read - I've said why numerous times. people keep asking. Ask again and I'll answer again I guess. Though I'll probably just start quoting myself at this point.

- LordChronos Sanhora - neutral read - I've read some of LCs games. I'm still not sure though..

- Max - Slight Scum read - I'm not sure if it's his style, or just his theories about the game that are bothering me, but I'm not feeling it. I don't like how his first post was so accusatory, yet he had nothing to back it up and did nothing with it. Still, there are times where he makes good points, and he is pointing at things others are missing. I'd want to give him another day at least to see if he can find something none of us can. I may just not see the world the same way he does...

- Pulindar - Obv Town - wish he hadn't taken that three day break, really ruined his momentum

- Alduskkel - Slight Town read - Not afraid to push boundaries, not afraid to make enemies. That bodes well. He seems to be a bit wild with his accusations, but he also mellowed out a bit.

- crypto - Slight Scum read - this actually has mainly to do with Ald and SFG. Before I thought Crypto was town, but seeing the way they play, and how it feels much townier, I guess it brings me to suspect Crypto.

- Nikanor - Neutral read - I like how Nika plays, but hated her blatant defense of Sniper. If sniper is scum I'll think Nika is his partner. If sniper is town I'll think Nika is town.

- SFG - Town read - I think I've talked about this, if not then I don't remember why I thought she was town but I have that distinct feeling. If you're wondering feel free to ask, I'll ISO her again and see what I think.

- Steam-Powered Shovel - Slight Town read - My favorite thing about him are his points against max. They seem like pro-town theories. Also, I did not mind how he joined the wagon early in the game. Still, I'm not as certain.

- Slaxx - Town read - I saw Slaxx as scum, and while I see some similarities, I see alot of differences. I don't think Slaxx is slinging mud around like he did in the last game. He's keeping it straight and narrow. and he's looking at all possibilities. All things that he did not do as scum

- Furry horrordude0215 - Neutral read - I like some things, I dislike some things. I really just haven't been able to get a good read on this spot.

- Nicodemus - extremely slight town read - I liked his questions earlier in the game. Honestly I still feel they were good, but I don't like that he's ignoring the game. that bodes poorly for me. Still, he may just play better on later days.

- Sniper - Scum read- Every thing he has done has seemed like obvious scum moves. Sure they make him seem stupid, but they don't stop the fact that they are scum moves.

I have not ISOed anyone today, so these are all from feelings and memories from the previous days.
I'll go look for which post it was exactly.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Pulindar »

my post # 44 on March 7th. my note was last edited on the 9th.
Pul 45 wrote:On a different note. The people I'm most willing to lynch are
#1.) Sniper (whom I've been on from the beginning for his behavior. If he were trying to adapt and change at all I would be more than willing to back off. Instead he continues on with his poor behavior purposely trying to make others get null reads on him.)

Also I don't think that Sniper will be replaced. there's a chance he'll be killed by scum I know I'd want to kill him if I were scum, but I don't know how likely it is that he'll be killed by one of the scum teams.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

Slaxx, it takes a little longer for my opinions to crystallise, I'm not sure why you consider that a scum tell.
Slaxx wrote:Puli is my strongest scum read, but I don't want to vote because it seems we're going to try to lynch an Arkon. The thing is, I think Puli is scum/was scum with Nikanor. However, SPS's defense yesterday of Nik makes me not think that. I want everyone's opinions. Motivation for SPS to not lynch Nikanor either means it was his scumbuddy, he honestly thought Nik was town, or he was trying to push a lynch on someone of the opposite scumteam.
I was voting for my #1 suspect. There's no way I switch to Nikanor there; alignment doesn't enter into the equation.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Slaxx »

Deathnote, give me your opinion on Puli and SPS.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Someone say something?
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by Pulindar »

I think I've said stuff recently, just browsing through to see if I find anyone else suspicious... I don't just yet... have any questions to ask?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Nah i need Deathnote's opinions and actually Al's opinions before I go any further.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Oh and as a heads up finals week is in like 3 weeks, so i might disappear off the face of the Earth that week.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Pulindar »

I figured as much, meaning that you needed to wait for them first.

What did you think of my responses? or do you need to wait for them before saying that as well?

As for finals, thanks for the heads up. :)
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I want to hear what other people have to say, quite frankly. I'm pretty sure me and you have done all the back and forth we're going to do thats productive, unless by some miracle i find something conclusive, which I won't either in favor of Puli-town or Puli-scum. There are still 3 scum out there and they cant hide forever. I want someone whose not SPS and SFG to comment on what they think of my analysis, and also our back and forth's.

I still need a suspect list from deathnote.

Also feel free to ask me stuff too, no one has questioned my thought processes in a while. It helps me find flaws within my own arguments.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by Furry »

Slaxx wrote:Nah i need Deathnote's opinions and actually Al's opinions before I go any further.
Slaxx wrote:Oh and as a heads up finals week is in like 3 weeks, so i might disappear off the face of the Earth that week.
I second both of these things

@mod
- Prods on DN and Ald up yet?
Temporary unretired alt
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Was gonna post but my browser froze and it's gone...
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Furry »

Alduskkel wrote:Was gonna post but my browser froze and it's gone...
Ive gotten in a habit of copying everything before I post. Its saved me a few times and is now second nature
Temporary unretired alt
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:09 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

No, I mean, I was doing the PBPA but that gets really tedious so I goofed off from it and then it froze.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020

Return to “Completed Open Games”