Mini 953: Star Control: Alliance Initiative (Over)

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 7

animorpherv1
- 1 - Riceballtail - (L-6)
bouncy.bouncy
- 1 - Dry-fit - (L-6)
CF Riot
- 1 - Merkabah - (L-6)
cruelty
- 1 - Papa Zito - (L-6)
Papa Zito
- 1 - Porkens - (L-6)
Porkens
- 1 - Plum - (L-6)
Riceballtail
- 5 - animorpherv1, Kast, CF Riot, Gammagooey, cruelty - (L-2)

Players not voting: bouncy.bouncy

I voted gamma in the first place because I felt he was fishing for who would be an easy enemy of a lot of people (aka easy mislynch). Currently, I think he's just a non-threat 3rd party.

I'm voting Ani right now because in places where I know him to be town, he posts much more frequently. Thus, lurking = scum.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by cruelty »

mod i'm voting for rbt

Noted and Updated
the nexus of the crisis
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Riceballtail wrote:I voted gamma in the first place because I felt he was fishing for who would be an easy enemy of a lot of people (aka easy mislynch). Currently, I think he's just a non-threat 3rd party.

I'm voting Ani right now because in places where I know him to be town, he posts much more frequently. Thus, lurking = scum.
I'm not sure what kind of 3rd party shouldn't just be lynched...

Why did you wait until being asked to give a reason for voting animorpherv?
Gammagooey wrote:@Merk- Dry is more gut scummy to me than anyone else (both of his last two votes have been on stuff other people pointed out, and none of his posts have brought up anything new)
I've only made one non-rvs vote.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Post by cruelty »

animorpherv1 wrote:
cruelty wrote:this isn't deliberate inactivity, i'm just struggling to find anything to say that hasn't been said already. i hate day 1.
This. I'm no good at finding scum period, and even worse on Day 1.
this sorta seems like a cop-out to me. like, it's not so bad since cruelty said it. ho hum.

RBT wrote:I believe I know what Gamma's role is at this point. If I am correct, he is neither town or a threat to.
this needs to be explained to me.

gamma wrote:I am town, and I'm pretty sure I know why Porkens has the same ability as me
comments like this bother me. i feel like there's some important information flying around above my head that i can't quite grasp. either explain yourself fully or don't make the comment - it seems suspicious to me.
the nexus of the crisis
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:38 am

Post by Papa Zito »

@Mod: I've voting cruelty. See 136.

Noted and Updated

Lawl, I know what Gamma is.

I liked this quote:
Dry-Fit wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:@Merk- Dry is more gut scummy to me than anyone else (both of his last two votes have been on stuff other people pointed out, and none of his posts have brought up anything new)
I've only made one non-rvs vote.
Way to nitpick and not argue the actual point.

Merkabah's not paying attention to the game. Might be scum, or just lazy, dunno.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@cruelty- But leaving hints is SO MUCH MORE FUN. I had actually hoped that just me and Porkens would get it but if other people figure it out then whatever.

I have no idea what logic train Rice is pulling out of his(?) ass to get to third party from the info provided, but explaining at least part of it WOULD be pretty awesome.

@Porkens and any other hammer brothers out there- I won't hammer before a claim if you won't. Unless it's Dry-fit. Then you can hammer faster than a bullet train.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Kast »

@RBT-
You should consider claiming; especially given the claimed hammer-related roles.

@Gammagooey/Porkens-
-Are either of your claimed abilities demonstrable?
--ie. If you hammer, will the mod make a special announcement and/or will you be able to prove that your power-up/bonus/whatever actually happened?
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Kast- I really don't think the mod would make an annoucement, and I don't think there would be a way to distinguish an ability gotten from hammering from one that's been available the whole game.
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:16 am

Post by Merkabah »

PZ wrote:Merkabah's not paying attention to the game. Might be scum, or just lazy, dunno.
No, I think you're not reading the CF situation properly actually. I was quite surprised you backed off so easily with such a poor excuse.

Unless you're referring to something else, in which case feel free to edify me.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Riceballtail »

I'm a Mycon, bulletproof town.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Merkabah wrote:
PZ wrote:Merkabah's not paying attention to the game. Might be scum, or just lazy, dunno.
No, I think you're not reading the CF situation properly actually. I was quite surprised you backed off so easily with such a poor excuse.

Unless you're referring to something else, in which case feel free to edify me.
You had my reasoning right, but (I figured) failed to notice his explanation and our subsequent vote changes. It's kinda like if you suddenly bust into the room screaming "THE CAKE IS A LIE!!" at the top of your lungs. Old.

Maybe I like his explanation because I value bandwagons so much too.
Riceballtail wrote:I'm a Mycon, bulletproof town.
Oh lawd, here we go.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:27 am

Post by Kast »

@RBT-
Role PMs should include a pilot section and a ship section.

I'd like you to claim more completely, flavor included, and I want to hear Zito's evaluation of how well that fits with SC. Any other players who are very familiar with the source are encouraged to chime in as well.
Show

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Man I didn't even want a claim yet, I just want to know where this DERF GAMMA'S THIRD-PARTY crap is coming from.

But if you're gonna claim yeah, what Kast said.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Kast »

Btw- we had a ton of discussion in the previous game regarding pilots/ships, jettisoning/rescuing, and other mechanics. That's been mostly absent from this one. I'm assuming most of the players who are apt to ask those questions played in the previous game and understand those things fairly well now, but for those who didn't play, it's probably worthwhile to browse the rules again and ask any questions you have.

One thing to note, when we lynch, we are lynching the pilot.
Show

CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:07 am

Post by CF Riot »

Merkabah wrote:I think what PZ is saying is that you are voting him for something you declare null while also saying you see RBT and Dry-fit at least somewhat scummy.
Yes, I agree that is what he was saying, but it was not correct. See below.
Merk wrote:PZ "currently [has] the most votes and it's early game"....so what? How is that a reason to leave it there when you see someone else as actually being scummy?
Two things here. 1, I never said Zito was null. I legitimately suspected Zito outside the Plum thing, which I've already said. 2, wagons are useful, and having one of my suspects with 3 or 4 votes on them (whatever it was) is more valuable to me than another one with only 1 or 2 votes. I've already said this too.
Merk wrote:Why not vote Dry-fit, who you happen to find scummy, and who has just as many votes as PZ?
This was never the case.
----
Glad activity picked up. Rice's claim doesn't change my mind at all. Explaining actions now when he wouldn't before. Claims after only 1 person asks. Not defending himself at all or suggesting any new targets. Incomplete claim, and claims bulletproof which is extremely convenient. I say we get the rest of his claim out of him then let him swing.

Depending on flip (if Rice gets lynched) I'll be interested in these posts.
Dry-fit wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:Best I can tell our town is disinterested and our scum are hoping I'll just end up as the default lynch. Sad situation is sad but I can't win this solo so I dunno what else you want me to do.
I think you're exaggerating a bit (except for the town being disinterested part.)

I agree RBT's vote is bad but I'm not sure he's scum for it.
cruelty wrote:this isn't deliberate inactivity, i'm just struggling to find anything to say that hasn't been said already. i hate day 1.

i'm gonna
unvote, vote rbt

i have to go for a 4 hour drive now, i'll try to post something meaningful when i get home this afternoon.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:12 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

cruelty wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:
This. I'm no good at finding scum period, and even worse on Day 1.
this sorta seems like a cop-out to me. like, it's not so bad since cruelty said it. ho hum.
I was going to say it anyways, but since you said it, I just quoted you.

@RBT:

Um, if I'm thinking of the game you are, I lurked untill I outed myself.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Kast »

I say we get the rest of his claim out of him then let him swing.
-This sounds like you want a claim for the sake of getting a claim but have already determined to lynch him regardless.
--If that is correct, then you're adopting an anti-town position regarding RBT. Claim is requested to improve analysis/evaluation of RBT as a lynch candidate. If the claim is credible and/or would be seriously bad for town to lynch, RBT may no longer be the best lynch candidate.
Show

CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Yeah sorry. I get what you're saying, maybe I just worded that poorly. Obviously we'll consider the claim. If I'd already decided he's scum, there would be no reason not to lynch him before the claim anyways. I doubt it will change my mind though. 5 bucks says it's a red ship.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Riceballtail wrote:I'm a Mycon, bulletproof town.
So you're conclusions about gamma's affiliation aren't related to you're role? Then how did you come to the conclusion that he is not only third party, but a harmless one? It doesn't make sense.

Hey animorpherv, can you say something that's actually related to this game?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Merkabah »

ani wrote:It hasn't been yet, but I find it helps to distinguish the players in the Hydra.
Ok, I will do my best to sign my posts, but I find that I tend to forget after awhile so I sort of gave up on doing that. Just so everyone knows, Amished will be V/LA until Monday, so I will try to do my best keeping up with the added burden.
Gamma wrote:Papa would be a decent lynch too if he wasn't one of the most active person in an entire thread full of lurkers, his behavior just seems off to me and unless Rice/Dry flips scum RF's lack of a vote change doesn't seem scummy to me.
Why specifically did/do you think Papa would be a good lynch?
RBT wrote:Currently, I think he's just a non-threat 3rd party.
What? How did you determine this and how did you determine he's a "non-threat"? In the first game there was a Survivor...which becomes a threat in a LyLo situation. We'd like some actual indepth explanation of this.

Additionally, Gamma why are you on the wagon if you gain a power at hammer? Do you trust Porkens enough to be town that you'd rather let him have the power than you?

Kast wrote:Your claim is eerily reminiscent of this one. I acknowledge that you were quite good at guessing roles from flavor hints; but your guesses were also backed up by knowledge that those players were really town/telling the truth.
I'm not quite I know what you're saying here, Kast. Admittedly I didn't put more effort looking at that game other than the front page (which didn't have alignments), so if you could explain how this relates here I'd appreciate it (sorry for being lazy).
cruelty wrote:comments like this bother me. i feel like there's some important information flying around above my head that i can't quite grasp. either explain yourself fully or don't make the comment - it seems suspicious to me.
Do you typically feel the need to know everything as town? What is your read on Porkens?
RBT wrote:I'm a Mycon, bulletproof town.
Ok, multiple issues here.

I'm tempted to argue the early claim scumtell since it was only Kast who asked for this and you're only at L-2. You've been around long enough to know that claiming willy-nilly if you're town is very harmful. However, in my experience, scum are much more likely to claim early. Second, why would you not full claim here? Third, are you an SK? Fourth, why did you ignore the many questions about your supposed third party read on Gamma?
PZ wrote:You had my reasoning right, but (I figured) failed to notice his explanation and our subsequent vote changes. It's kinda like if you suddenly bust into the room screaming "THE CAKE IS A LIE!!" at the top of your lungs. Old.

Maybe I like his explanation because I value bandwagons so much too.
No, it's not that. I just thought it was poo poo that he was riding your wagon for as long as possible when switching to one of his scum suspects (Dry-fit) was available and seemingly much more effective. I don't think he was actually pressuring you in any kind of way. I find that kind of coasting scummy.
CF Riot wrote:
Merk wrote: Why not vote Dry-fit, who you happen to find scummy, and who has just as many votes as PZ?
This was never the case.
I was referring to Page 5 when you were still riding your vote:
Page 5 vote count wrote:Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 7

Dry-fit - 2 - Gammagooey, Porkens - (L-5)

Gammagooey - 1 - Riceballtail - (L-6)
Kast - 1 - Dry-fit - (L-6)
Papa Zito - 2 - CF Riot, cruelty - (L-5)

Plum - 1 - Merkabah - (L-6)
Porkens - 1 - Plum - (L-6)
Riceballtail - 1 - animorpherv1 - (L-6)

Players not voting: bouncy.bouncy, Kast, Papa Zito
Bandwagoning desires aside, I feel like you were riding the vote on someone who wasn't even really that scummy to you when you could have been adding much more pressure to Dry-fit, who you had recently said was scummy.
Dry-fit wrote:So you're conclusions about gamma's affiliation aren't related to you're role? Then how did you come to the conclusion that he is not only third party, but a harmless one? It doesn't make sense.
What? You thought that RBT was saying she was reading Gamma as third party because of her role? How did you come to this conclusion?

Fun fact of the Day: Plum and bouncy.bouncy are actually in this game. Who would have guessed?
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Merkabah »

-VPB (see what I mean)

apologies for the mega post
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Merkabah wrote:
Dry-fit wrote:So you're conclusions about gamma's affiliation aren't related to you're role? Then how did you come to the conclusion that he is not only third party, but a harmless one? It doesn't make sense.
What? You thought that RBT was saying she was reading Gamma as third party because of her role? How did you come to this conclusion?
I don't know how you can come up with a "harmless third party" read in the same way you'd come up with a scum read or town read, just by reading their posts. Also, since it's a very specific read, you'd think she would have been able to give her reasoning for it. The only reasoning I could think of to hide her reasoning is because it was related to her role, although I guess rbt hasn't really been too eager to explain anything else either.

C'mon Andy!
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Plum »

Fun fact of the day:sorry, cobbling together both the time and attention span for stuff overall has been hard this week, case in point the fact that I ought to be finishing the conclusion of an English paper right now. But anyway.

... RBT. I'm tempted to just say lynch all claimed bulletproof. Well, not quite; I rarely believe in absolute policies, but the conjoined early info claim followed by early actual claim combined with the fact that the claim
has nothing to do with the claimed info and indicates no way RBT got this info
. Yeah. That.

Skimming for anything useful here.
Porkens wrote:I say we cut Zito open and see how he knows that Plum is town.
I say that we cut you open, stuff you with onions and a bit of rosemary and serve you with an apple in your mouth (though I'll pass on the feast, religious mandates &c.). Really, if I could read you (have I seen you as scum? Crud, I think I have and you're like a few other players. Dang scummy looking simply by playstyle, that's what. I was going to switch my vote to you in this stream-of-consciousness just for that, but I'm already voting for you. This isn't poking around "are you serious, Zito?" This is basically an intent to pressure into revealing information without accompanying general suspicion of Zito stated.

And yet somehow I or my gut is swayed by Gamma's early mini-case against Dry-fit. The vote on Bouncy is rather harsh and . . . self-satisfied? No, I'm not certain why I'm getting that vibe, might have to do with the fact that he doesn't refute Bouncy's reason for why he didn't answer Gamma's questions. Hm, CF, I see, feels similarly.

Porken's explanation for above pressury rolefishery sounds rather like him as Town. I'll go with enough of a Town-gut to balance out the more empirical scumminess of the action because that's just how I'm rolling there.

Am keeping an eye on CF Riot. Bad vibes. Overexplainy is one word for it; I've known that flaw in my own scum play in the past. Also, leaping ahead, he dissects my lurking, and Cruelty's, providing bolded links for impression value but not mentioning that the latest posts he uncovered were both extremely short and the three earlier ones were in a game approaching deadline. He seems to have done what might be called research but not given the Town with his empirical results any analysis or evaluation. Ehhhh.
Porkens wrote:I'll hammer anyone at L-1.
As per usual, captain? Want fries with that?
Riceballtail wrote:
Unvote; Vote:Ani

Gamma is not a threat to the town.
I take it this is new to you, as you were previously voting Gamma? What changed, if you don't mind? Are you trying to mimick Zito for bizarre Town cred?

Cruelty, why vote RBT in Post 140? As opposed to anyone else?

Unvote; Vote: CF Riot

RBT, finish claiming or bad things will happen to your intestines. How fond are you of them?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Merk- The off behavior is in what I saw as a lack of enthusiasm answering the first question and
Myself wrote:Papa- You ask me to explain my questionaire thing to the smallest detail and then you don't even tell us why you're voting CF? What?

Also, he's not a good lynch, he's a decent lynch. lurkers are good lynches. Rice is a great lynch unless he has a similarly great explanation for his read on me. Dry seems like a FANTASTIC lynch to me right now, but I might be tunneling a little bit.

Hey Dry, tell me what you think of people who others haven't already mentioned recently. (aka not Rice) Papa or Merk read would be great.

Merk I'm on Rice's bandwagon because IMO it says to Rice that if he's slow enough in claiming some of this MYSTERIOUS INFORMATION and one more person votes him, Porkens would love to send him to a quick death.
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

People's reasons for voting RBT seem weak. This wagon happened too fast. However, I agree that his claims don't seem to be made by somebody with a smart town mind.

If RBT is town, maybe GG is a townie with a different race than him and that's why he thought GG was third party?
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”