bv310 (1)
- Wreck Star
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (4)
- Kast, Toon Fighter, killa seven, FC Groningen

22 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is May 8, ~4 pm PDT
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:21 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

Hi, just read the game so far, and I don't really know what bandwagon to support right now.

K7 - seems very inactive, even with all the votes on him, and isn't really answering any question.

Wreck Star - seems to have nothing but RV and opportunity votes in his bandwagon. He responded against the people who voted him, and they crucified him. I don't see him as suspicious

THC - Here it smells a bit more scummy. He voted for Wreck Star claiming to get rid of the opposite hydra (that was WS' 3rd vote)(post 31), and they attacked each other in page 4. He unvoted WS when we felt pressured, and changed to the easiest target, K7 (post 95). I find that to be suspicious.
~Toon fighter~
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:27 am

Post by danakillsu »

dana: why the vote on K7 with the word POST next to it?
I wanted him to post.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:33 am

Post by farside22 »

danakillsu wrote:
dana: why the vote on K7 with the word POST next to it?
I wanted him to post.
Not including his lol or wee post he has posted 6 times compared to your 3. What type of post are you expecting. Why do you want him to post when he already had posted more then you?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:35 am

Post by ooba »

Kast wrote:@ooba/BV promising to stop lurking-
It's not ambiguous or debatable. Reck is completely in the right on this point. He called out BV for his lurking meta, BV promised to try to lurk less. BV is not succeeding in that attempt.

BV and Reck both clearly understood each other; there is absolutely ZERO reason for townies to twist either of BV or Reck's posts to excuse lurking from BV. It sounds like people are pushing a terrible case to discredit Reck.
By debatable, I was not talking about whether BV lurking or not lurking is debatable. It was about what BV meant when he said
BV wrote:I'm trying to get better.
Two ways to take it:
a) I'm trying to get better at the game and lurk less
b) <sarcastic> I'm trying to get better at lurking

Reck, CryMeARiver say its "b" while Konowa says its "a".
Konowa wrote:@Wreck Star: I think you are stretching things when you say that "he [bv] is trying to get better at lurking".
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:38 am

Post by danakillsu »

What type of post are you expecting. Why do you want him to post when he already had posted more then you?
I was expecting a post where he would answer people's questions. That's why I wanted him to post.
@ Farside
How do you develop such a long scumlist so early in the game?
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Kast »

@Ooba-
BV clearly meant a).

Reck understood it as a).

Konowa falsely claimed that Reck interpreted it as b).

Cry understood it as a) and that Reck understood it as a).

3PO falsely claimed that it is ambiguous and that Reck could have interpreted it as a) or b).

b) should never have been mentioned in the first place. Nobody said or implied it.

This isn't ambiguous and shouldn't be hard to follow.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:45 am

Post by semioldguy »

farside22 wrote:Nope, but I notice he is more talkative so far as he has been in previous games. Would you agree?
I don't think he is much more talkative than normal thus far. So, no, I do not agree.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:09 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

wolframnhart wrote:KillaSeven's posting reminds me of another players in an on going game.
If you are referring to this:
Killa 7 wrote:Id like to think ive been pretty active so far in this new game. lol
then I suppose you are talking about me lol
FC wrote:I don't see however how I am walking in circles, unless you mean that I'm consistant on in my opinion on activity. Its just the way it worked on a different site so I'll fare on that for a while.
You keep referring to the lurker's argument rather than providing content, in other words "walking circles around it".
Ooba wrote:So what exactly is your point here?
That Wreck contradicts himself
farside wrote:CMAR: Needs to stop talking about movies, music and tv and start scum hunting nano
I have with my last few posts. Also, there is usually reason to almost everything I post,
almost
everything
farside wrote: Nope, but I notice he is more talkative so far as he has been in previous games. Would you agree?
His posts have had no content, they are pure nothingness, as well as the fact that he is pretty much outright refusing to respond to his wagon at all. The only thing he has done with any meaning at all is refuse to vote.
ooba wrote:Reck, CryMeARiver say its "b" while Konowa says its "a".
I did not think it was "b". I knew he meant he was trying to get better at not lurking. I brought it up because he said that, yet went on to lurk.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:21 am

Post by farside22 »

danakillsu wrote:
What type of post are you expecting. Why do you want him to post when he already had posted more then you?
I was expecting a post where he would answer people's questions. That's why I wanted him to post.
@ Farside
How do you develop such a long scumlist so early in the game?
What question did he not answer?
Most is gut based on what people type. 2 head is more based on his vote on k-7 after being critisized by others.
I don't think he is much more talkative than normal thus far. So, no, I do not agree.
How often do you see k-7 post in a game?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:27 am

Post by farside22 »

His posts have had no content, they are pure nothingness, as well as the fact that he is pretty much outright refusing to respond to his wagon at all. The only thing he has done with any meaning at all is refuse to vote.
This post had content:
killa seven wrote:
d3x wrote:@k7- Do you not like/see the worth in the RVS or simply don't want to Vote in it?
I usually don't random vote but I'm not against it, and also I'm not "refusing" to vote i just said i hadn't planned on random voting.
Most of the rest is fluff but how would you expect k-7 to respond to a wagon on him that is mostly based on mindless bw comments?
Pretty much I will tell you what I expect from k-7. This...exactly what he is doing. The i don't care, i'm going to do what I do attitude whether town or scum. I voted for him for his play style but I also had a motive to watch those voting and see what or how they responded.
Wreck Star
Wreck Star
Townie
Wreck Star
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Wreck Star »

[Reck]

If we could get a
prod on bv310
, he could get in here and PROVE he was talking about not lurking. I mean, literally, no other interpretation makes sense. He even VOTED for me to prove how serious he was about it.

@farside22: I don't know of any other non-lurkers more than bv310...but it could be that he was just fresh in my mind due to an ongoing game.
xRECKONERx + Starbuck = Frakking Awesomeness
Wreck Star
Wreck Star
Townie
Wreck Star
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Wreck Star »

CMAR wrote:That Wreck contradicts himself
You're clearly delusional. By the way, this IS a Reck/Starbuck hydra. Only... Starbuck seems to have forgotten. >.>;
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Kdub »

Wreck Star wrote:If we could get a
prod on bv310
bv310 has been prodded.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:17 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Wreck Star wrote:
CMAR wrote:That Wreck contradicts himself
You're clearly delusional. By the way, this IS a Reck/Starbuck hydra. Only... Starbuck seems to have forgotten. >.>;
No I am not
I'm pretty sure I highlighted exactly where you contradicted yourself and kind of wanted you to state which you believe to be true. But I must say that I do think the wagon on you is ridiculous and I agree with many of your points.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:21 am

Post by bv310 »

Prod received. Good god people, I meant that I was trying to get better about non-lurking. Probably shouldn't have made that commitment before exam weeks, but that's the way she goes.

Anyway, I'm doing a quick catchup.
Wreck Star
Wreck Star
Townie
Wreck Star
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Wreck Star »

CMAR wrote:Did your initial vote on bv310 not have basis or purpose? It seemed like it did
Is THIS how you think you've caught me in a contradictory statement? How are these two thoughts even related - I was talking about my wagon being random and not having any real weight behind it, and you're talking about my vote on bv310. HARDLY CONTRADICTORY. LRN2MAFIA

And... oh, wait... what's this?
bv310 wrote:Prod received. Good god people,
I meant that I was trying to get better about non-lurking
. Probably shouldn't have made that commitment before exam weeks, but that's the way she goes.

Aaaaand... checkmate

Unvote; Vote: TwoHeadedCyclops

FoS: Konowa
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:55 am

Post by FC Groningen »

semioldguy wrote:
Unvote; Vote: FC Groningen

I really dislike the way you unvoted. It has a small amount of foul odor.

If you are going to unvote, why not vote someone else?

If you are going to FoS someone, why not just vote him instead?

Could you shed some light on your insight behind why you did this the way you did?

Well for the reason to unvote, see the post itself. My only reason to vote Dana was to get him posting, which he did although his post didn't add much. About not voting, I didn't see the point. I believe twoheadedcyclops had no votes at that time (might have been wrong here, didn't count) so a FOS would seem to have the equal effect as a simple vote.

Also, I don't think its time to "vote" yet. (As in trying to seriously getting people lynched or to L-1/L-2) There are plenty of votes already (mostly on K 7 and Wreckstar) and those guys started talking. At first I thought it was scummy not to take part in the RVS stage, but apparantly, also according to you, its very normal for K-7. Since we got that cleared out, I was surprised to see twoheadedcyclops join the K-7 bandwagon right after, which I described as "late". About Wreckstar's bandwagon, I also commented that it seems mostly random or based on disliking him.

I could simply vote for him now, since he'd be a considerable alternative now. (3 votes if I include mine? Sorry, its late so I fail at counting) However, I obviously wouldn't call for a lynch yet. Or will it be scummy now that I vote after being pressured into voting? Guess I'll find out soon enough.

vote TwoHeadedCyclops
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi
TwoHeadedCyclops
TwoHeadedCyclops
Townie
TwoHeadedCyclops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:20 am

Post by TwoHeadedCyclops »

FC Groningen wrote: In fact, I think we should be wary of the people that join the bandwagon now and try to push for a lynch so early.

FOS: Twoheadedcyclops
for joining the K7 bandwagon this late.
We didn't push for a lynch, and we were the earliest on the wagon.
farside22 wrote: 2head: post 66 Why is kast poiting out nonsense worthy of an fos?
It made his pbpa looked more like scum scum hunting than town scum hunting to me.
farside22 wrote:
unvote:
vote: 2head

I don't like how he backed off during the pressure on his and voted on the mindless bw vote.
Yeah right like you would have been satisfied if I escalated pressure on Kast? If you think my nitpicking suspicion is worth a quote war then you are free to argue it. I don't think it would be any more productive than my partner's bandwagoning at this point. Frankly right now I don't want to pressure, I want to hear quieter players.
Toon Fighter wrote: THC - Here it smells a bit more scummy. He voted for Wreck Star claiming to get rid of the opposite hydra (that was WS' 3rd vote)(post 31), and they attacked each other in page 4. He unvoted WS when we felt pressured, and changed to the easiest target, K7 (post 95). I find that to be suspicious.
Where did someone pressure me for my WC vote? I can tell you I didn't feel pressured.
I've had too many cups of cofffee today
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:28 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Wreck Star wrote:
CMAR wrote:Did your initial vote on bv310 not have basis or purpose? It seemed like it did
Is THIS how you think you've caught me in a contradictory statement? How are these two thoughts even related - I was talking about my wagon being random and not having any real weight behind it, and you're talking about my vote on bv310. HARDLY CONTRADICTORY. LRN2MAFIA
Yeah, I totally misread that. By "my wagon" I thought you meant the one you were on, or something. Actually, looking back, I have no idea what I thought.
Wreck Star wrote: And... oh, wait... what's this?
bv310 wrote:Prod received. Good god people,
I meant that I was trying to get better about non-lurking
. Probably shouldn't have made that commitment before exam weeks, but that's the way she goes.

Aaaaand... checkmate

Unvote; Vote: TwoHeadedCyclops

FoS: Konowa

Haha
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:29 am

Post by FC Groningen »

TwoHeadedCyclops wrote:
We didn't push for a lynch, and we were the earliest on the wagon.

It made his pbpa looked more like scum scum hunting than town scum hunting to me.
See my earlier post. Assuming Semioldguy wasn't completely wrong about K-7 (that he always refuses to take part in the RVS stage), there was no more reason to vote for him, but you joined that bandwagon after. Post 95, so I also don't see how you "were the earliest on the wagon", or do I really missed your point here?

I'd also like to hear what makes you think Kast's summary was scum looking?
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi
TwoHeadedCyclops
TwoHeadedCyclops
Townie
TwoHeadedCyclops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:39 am

Post by TwoHeadedCyclops »

This isn't ambiguous and shouldn't be hard to follow.
lol

player 1:I'm voting you before you start lurking
player 2:I'm trying to get better

[player 2 disappears]

What about that interaction suggests player 2 wanted to get better at *not* lurking instead of meaning "i'm trying to get better (at lurking)"? He has a history of lurking, he is lurking, he said he was trying to get better "obviously in reference to lurking"(according to wc). He never said he wasn't gonna do something or promised he would do something to suggest that.

So it is ambiguous and just because it shouldn't be hard to follow doesn't mean it is.

Also to suggest anyone had scummy intentions when no one voted or made any serious accusations over it is ridiculous.

Voting me over this is just ridiculous WC. If the statements weren't ambiguous why did you wait for the clarification to vote me? Why is it scummy to misunderstand? Why did you react so strongly over a mere clarification? This seriously seems messed up to me and I will vote you for it if my partner agrees.
I've had too many cups of cofffee today
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Kast »

@3PO-
I still don't see your answer for why you said I should have posted more analysis on the irrelevant fluff.
Show

semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:53 am

Post by semioldguy »

I never claimed that it is usual for him not to random vote. I am saying it is usual for him not to participate or post frequently/usefully.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Kast »

@3PO-
-To be clear, you claim that you seriously think BV posted that he is intentionally trying to be scummy. Is this correct?
--If so, wth didn't you vote him right then and there?
--Also, why is it bad if WS attacks a player who is lurking and you think has promised to continue lurking?

-If you also tell us that 1 + 1 = 52, and you can't realize that it isn't; that is a failure entirely on your part. It doesn't mean that 1 + 1 is an ambiguous statement. It just means you fail. Likewise for the Reck/BV situation.
--Even if nobody voted or made a serious case (which
is debatable
), that doesn't mean it cannot be a scum tell.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”