Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Seacore »

unvote

I had no intention of staying on that bandwagon for long. I did it merely to create a bandwagon and see how it went.

I think it went well

vote:Master Tang

Your voting post is filled with exageration. Claiming that TLJ acting in character is supposed to lull us into security, rather than standing out like a beacon which is what it does. Nobody is ever going to "oh, it's cool, the avatar that he had before the game started is jeebus, he must be town" Otherwise everybody would trust that guy named "townie mctown town" who just hands out cookies all day long.

You then declare he's jumping on a bandwagon without good reason. And you also say that he's FOSing hiphop. He's not, he's starting a small case (one which I disagree with, but whatever) and then placing a vote. That's what town do.

What scum do, is what you just did. Look for the biggest bandwagon, try and make a separate case from those who have already jumped on the wagon and then hope you can defend it when he flips town after the lynch.

For clarification, I don't think that TLJ is hiding anything in particular. I'm just wary in general of people who talk in character. I've been in games where people have
voted
in character and then gotten away with it! Ugh! So yeah, I'm just suspicious of anybody who claims to have a motivation that isn't scum hunting. And "being the lord saviour jesus christ" is a kind of motivation.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by podium123456 »

esuriospiritus wrote: Way to totally repeat what I said.
Yes. I wasn't hiding anything.

Are we not allowed to agree with something others have said previously? Because several people have already broken that rule. Let us know.

esuriospiritus wrote: What? I've hardly said a word, and neither has he. I certainly don't have a read on hiphop at this time, and if I were not me I certainly wouldn't have a read on me when I've posted all of like three times prior to this post, and one was a random vote and another consisted of one word.
I'm sorry... is there a threshold that must be met before someone can give an opinion on someone's status? I was merely jotting down a few tidbits as to how i viewed everyone thus far... obviously nothing was set in stone.

I based my observation on you off of your post 77. It appeared to be a mini rundown of your thoughts on some players, and (since you have mentioned you dont have much internet access) i thought it might be the most we see from you for a bit. So, i read everything... didn't see any holes or flawed reasoning.... thought it sounded town... said so.

But lets follow your line of reasoning - i wonder why you come after me so hard, yet ignore hiphop, if it's 'really' something that irks you.

I gave an 'opinion' in my player-by-player rundown, based on your summarization post, and it becomes a large part of your reason for voting me. Yet Hiphop actually
placed a vote
on someone, when that person had provided absolutely NO serious input thus far...

That don't jive.

I mean really, look at it -- hiphop places a serious vote based on little to no info, and you label it a null tell... i give an opinion based on an informative post and you label it a scum tell.

:?:
esuriospiritus wrote: because it's a great scum strategy to make a town buddy or two and try to connect yourselves to them as much as possible to drag them down with you.
What's the point of explaining that tactic? It's probably the most basic strategy there is, and i'm sure we are all aware of it. I feel like perhaps you wanted to just contribute something that sounded impressive/intriguing by stating something inherently obvious.

Just accuse me of trying to buddy up to you, and leave it at that. :P

esuriospiritus wrote: He also parrots hiphop's misrep of exilon, which I actually find to be more suspicious than hiphop's original misrep. It's much less risky for someone to jump on something small if someone else has already done so.
Again with the agreeing with another player issue, and AGAIN with (seemingly) preferential treatment. I only gave an
opinion
of my current thoughts on something a player said in my player rundown -- which was later specifically resolved. Hiphop actually PLACED A VOTE based off of what you describe as a 'small misrep'. Yet, you find my actions scummier.

For heavens sakes (TLJ reference :P) all i did was make a comment... i feel like you're treating it as if i used what hiphop said as sole justification for a vote.

And i understand the 'you are simply repeating that' argument. But i feel like it's one of those little basic arguments that can apply in many instances -- and maf can pull it out of their pocket and fire several off fast and easy whenever they need to.

Let's just try and hold everyone to the same standard when it comes to 'agreeing' with other players, if it's going to so quickly (and on such trivial issues) be deemed a guiltyscum move.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it's just because of my frame of reference... but when I break all your points down, it appears that you hold Hiphop to quite a different set of standards than you do me.

Is there a reason for that?
The Lord Jesus
The Lord Jesus
Townie
The Lord Jesus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Post by The Lord Jesus »

I have meditated in the garden.

Esurio: It is unwise to instruct the mafia. If a man gives his opinion on how to excell at sin, who benefits from the conversation? Nor is your case against podium justified. We must not fear every kindness to be an act of treachery, lest we forget to love one another. If one cannot agree with another when it is reasonable to do so, then we cannot work together and the treacherous among us have won. We must break bread with our enemies. So long as we are vigilant and faithful, they can do nothing to harm us.

Seacore: Your discernment serves us well, but your lack of patience does not. Master Tang was correct in that I would be no less sliver-tongued had I fallen from grace. His exaggeration was no more misguided than your own bandwagoning but together you have fertilized the orchard and a tree has born fruit. Shall we taste it?

unvote; vote esuriospiritus
"And when inquisition was made of the matter, it was found out; therefore they were both hanged on a tree: and it was written in the book of the chronicles before the king."
Esther 2:23
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Day 1, Vote Count 2 - A Bagel for Breakfast

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required to lynch. The Deadline is May 2nd, 2010 at 11:59 EST.

Votes

The Lord Jesus - 2
(podium123456, Master Tang)
Seacore - 2
(Wickedestjr, DoomCow)
Deer - 1
(TheCheshireCat)
Exilon - 1
(hiphop)
Podium123456 - 1
(esuriospiritus)
Master Tang - 1
(Seacore)
esuriospiritus - 1
(The Lord Jesus)

Not Voting - 3
(GreenDude, Exilion, Deer)

Activity

TheCheshireCat
is 17 hours away from receiving a prod.
hiphop
is 22 hours away from receiving a prod.
Master Tang
Master Tang
Townie
Master Tang
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:02 am

Post by Master Tang »

esuriospiritus wrote: MT kind of active lurked for a while and all of a sudden jumps on the TLJ wagon.
MT wrote:Currently TJL seems to be most likely to be scum because of his actions.
I believe him acting unusually Just and United with the town is just to lull us into a false sense of security.
Which actions? How so? Elaborate, because right now your vote simply does not have enough reasoning behind it.

FOS: Master Tang

I didn't all of a sudden jump on TLJ. I was finding him suspicious for a while and after rereading a bit I found him to be the most suspicious with his vagueness and his weak voting. My post fully explains all the reasoning that led me to vote for TLJ. I thought his vagueness and him "hiding" behind his character is a way for him to hide his scumminess.
Since TLJ has started posting more often and actually telling us what's on his mind I have since changed my opinion and choose to
UNVOTE
. You're jumping on me after I
gave
a detailed reason why I was voting for TLJ. Even thought I unvoted for TLJ I still am wary of him but he is redeeming himself in my opinion.

@ Seacore: I think you are too actively jumping on people for the smallest of reasons. You jumped on Wicked for his joke post, you jumped on Deer for saying it was scummy, you jumped on TCC for saying you jumped on Wicked, you voted for TLJ giving weak reasoning and the highlight of it being that you think it's time to "start a significant bandwagon", and then you finally jump on me and switch your vote to me because you don't like that I voted for TLJ, even though I had some sort of reasoning ( I thought it was pretty solid)and you didn't even have that good of a reason. I think you are acting very suspicious and scum-like, Seacore. So, I point the
FoS
at you.

As a side not,should I not vote for who I find suspicious if they have more than a single vote on them? That's what both Seacore and Euriospiritus made it seem like considering they bothed jumped on me after I voted for TLJ with an argument.
See you guys later.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

podium wrote:The very next line, after what you quoted of me, explains why i was waiting for you to say who the mafia are. Because when you make a joke like that, and then keep talking about it ("knock knock!"... "KNOCK KNOCK"), people will eventually go "who's there?".

The fact that you used that point as a FOS against me, yet didn't notice that the answer to your FOS question followed directly after the comment in question, makes me think you are just skimming through posts looking for any FOS you can quickly throw out without really thinking about it.

If it was obvious that I was joking in order to get us out of the RVS, then why did you ask for my suspicions? If you knew I was joking then I wouldn't be able to give them.

Seacore wrote:@Wicked. Just because I disagree with you, doesn't make you scummy. But I'm agreeing with Podium, some of your actions since have been scummy. I couldn't have worded it better than his knock knock comparison.

What was this directed? Also, I'm pretty sure this doesn't defend against everything in posts 86 and 87.

Seacore wrote:
He's clearly been around and has added little that people haven't said before.
He's hiding a little behind his 'character' although I will grant that he has promised he won't do that 100%

Couldn't the point in bold be much better applied to Master Tang? At the time of this post TLJ had contributed a little bit, but Master Tang had contributed nothing.

Exilon, who are your suspects at the moment? Do you find podium and/or hiphop suspicious for accusing you of saying you will lurk?

TLJ, I understand your vote now. As for your Father's commandments, why is bandwagoning something that should not be done?

Master Tang's post 96 doesn't make any sense. Master Tang, can you please explain why you think TLJ was trying to get followers on the hiphop wagon and why you think he was trying to get hiphop lynched?

I dislike the point against TLJ that he is mafia hiding behind his character. His username is one that he obviously made prior to getting his role pm, so I think he made the account with the intention of pretending to be Jesus.

I am having guests over for a few days so I may not be online as much as I usually would be.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Exilon »

podium wrote: Sheesh exilon, i was just paraphrasing what it came across like to me.

All you had to do was explain what you meant. No worries, i see what you meant now.
sheesh? --' That's pretty nice and all, and it could be a good way to strive away from any attention, (an "apology"?) but why did you quote a part of the post which had nothing addressed directly to you? In fact, there was a part of it addressed to you, but you didn't even refer it, or answered anything pointed in there.
Here, I'll get it for you; at least what I want to see answered, and that also gets tied with what you said:
Podium wrote: Now, Podium, compare those two sentences, having in mind what I have just said.
No one would say “I’ll also try to be a little bit more relaxed while THIS GAME is still warming up” reflects the same idea as “and im going to try to lurk more in THESE GAMES” (
and does one try to lurk? How do you even do that?
).
Podium, you practically misquoted me, and you didn’t care to check what I actually said. The sentence you constructed also seems a little sloppy, which hints to the fact that you weren’t paying much attention to it.
Underlined is something I would really like an answer to.
You were paraphrasing what you thought it looked like, right? Then explain me the thought process behind the paraphrasing process so I can understand how exactly you translated each word and expression / idea into that final sentence of yours. If it makes sense, then I don't have anything else to point.
Anyway, let it be known (if it wasdn't already by the FoS) that I'm not really liking a vast part of your reasoning. I feel as if you sidestep some points. One example:
podium wrote:I'm sorry... is there a threshold that must be met before someone can give an opinion on someone's status? I was merely jotting down a few tidbits as to how i viewed everyone thus far... obviously nothing was set in stone.

I based my observation on you off of your post 77. It appeared to be a mini rundown of your thoughts on some players, and (since you have mentioned you dont have much internet access) i thought it might be the most we see from you for a bit. So, i read everything... didn't see any holes or flawed reasoning.... thought it sounded town... said so.

But lets follow your line of reasoning - i wonder why you come after me so hard, yet ignore hiphop, if it's 'really' something that irks you.

I gave an 'opinion' in my player-by-player rundown, based on your summarization post, and it becomes a large part of your reason for voting me. Yet Hiphop actually placed a vote on someone, when that person had provided absolutely NO serious input thus far...

That don't jive.

I mean really, look at it -- hiphop places a serious vote based on little to no info, and you label it a null tell... i give an opinion based on an informative post and you label it a scum tell.
There are several things I find that seem to be wrong here. First of all, esurio pointed out TWO people that you said looked town.
You only pointed out reasoning to call one of them TOWN - Esurio. The other one was Hiphop, but you said nothing about him that could pontentially explain your reasoning that led to you labelling him (even if initially) as town.
Yet, in this exact same quote, you seem to provide another view of Hiphop, by comparing him, to you. You start this by saing you're going to follow esurio's line of reasoning to come after you... and then end up on Hiphop?
The fact is... it's a false analogy. One thing would be to say "let's use your criteria for going after people, esurio", but you don't know what method she is using, and she doesn't even state it. She provides two reads of two different people, and for hiphop, she even gave a reason why it was null instead of more suspicious than you, as you tried to state. Yet, I don't see any reference in your post to that justification- only the result.
You also make it sound like he actually placing a vote has much more scummy meaning than what you did, but in all actuality, is it scummy for him to vote to apply pressure? (which is an explanation which makes much more sense).

Let me say this as a breakdown, because I know I can be a little choppy with explanations:
You point out things that she never pointed out in her post that, according to you, makes him look more suspicious than him. You use arguments she didn't actually use, and mix them up with your own, and label it "following her reasoning", which isn't true, since it's not in her post. On the other way around, you don't make any reference to a reason she actually did state. ("too early to be scum.")
But, if everything you said makes him look more suspicious than you, how the heck did you, in your first post, say he was town? What led you to that conclusion, seeing as how there was so much there that you now point out as reasons for suspicion?

And to prove this there's your final conclusion, which isn't right according to her own reasoning, stated in her post:
podium wrote:I mean really, look at it -- hiphop places a serious vote based on little to no info, and you label it a null tell... i give an opinion based on an informative post and you label it a scum tell.
This doesn't follow her reasoning. She never stated that "voting based on no info" = null tell, she says the context of it ("too early to be scum") makes it label the whole post as a null tell.

And you gave an opinion, true - but you never stated your reasons for that same thing. Are we supposed to guess? You only stated your reasoning for it in THAT POST. She didn't lael your opinion based on an informative post a scum tell. What she labeled was the opinion, because she didn't know your reasoning at that time.
Your whole conclusion is off. This is what one can actually conclude by reading her post:

"Hiphop places a serious vote based to little on no info early in the game, so it's labeled a null tell. Podium states two town opinions when there was little information on those players and never elaborates on it on that post, so she labels it as scum"

HEY LOOOK! When you see it like this, it actually seems like you're THE ONE who has something to explain. You distort a lot.

*please have in mind that when I'm implying "suspicion" on this analysis, I'm referring to reasons for someone to go after someone else. The two terms are connected, but I still felt it was necessary to point this out.

For now, there isn't much else I feel the need to point out or comment on (mainly because I want a little more development- if you need any further information, though, I'm more than willing to answer, of course. I still have to build up some opinion on the events going around and because I've written a lot. It seems I can only totally focus on one or two players at the time, which is quite of a disadvantage. I need more practice.)

As usual, if there's anything that seems out of place or a little bit more incoherent, please point it out and I'll try to explain it better. (Also I blame it on being a little sleepy now, but ignore this part)
Feels like I've been here before.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Exilon »

Wicked ninja'd me.
wicked wrote: Exilon, who are your suspects at the moment? Do you find podium and/or hiphop suspicious for accusing you of saying you will lurk?
You'll have to forgive me - I'm a person whose suspicions grow slowly over time, by watching what people saying, and such. So, for now, I don't really have great suspects. There's one or two things bugging me, but I like to wait a little until they are addressed before I make any assumptions / reads on people. What I mean is, I prefer to see what people answer to certain points and then sort out my opinion based on that than outright voting them. This is also why I haven't voted Podium yet (he's got the FoS anyway, so it's known I suspect him) or Hiphop.

I'm not saying I hide stuff or hide my suspicions - quite on the contrary - what I mean is that on Day 1 it is hard for me to have any real suspects, considering the little amount of information I feel I have, which is your answer.

Right now, though, I'm leaning to Podium, due to what was stated above. I want to see what he answers before deciding if I should vote or not, though.
Master Tang
Master Tang
Townie
Master Tang
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Master Tang »

Wickedestjr wrote: Master Tang had contributed nothing.
I wasn't try to contribute immensely or even shine some bright light to reveal scum hiding in the shadows. I was just stating that at that moment in time I thought TLJ was scum and that I had hypothesized that he was trying to get Hip-hop lynched because hip-hop already had one vote and with his it would be a 2nd. This would tie for the most amount of votes and other votes would just stack on. The comment about him "hiding" behind the character was possibly legitimate because I personally
do not
know if TLJ always speaks this way in game or if he was using it as a cover. Without any previous history it with TLJ, it could easily be perceived that he is only using the character as a facade to hide his scum self.

Since then the actions of TLJ has been majoritly removed from my suspicions and others have risen in my suspicious to a much higher level. Such as Seacore who constantly jumps from argument to argument with different players. His actions could be seen as trying to stretch what has been present to look like one of the Townies are scum. For example in Post 70 where he starts arguing with Deer because Deer said in post 53 about his action being both scummy and interesting. He would not let it die that Deer just simply interested by Seacore's "scummy" behavior. After he finally gave up the argument he voted for TLJ stating that he was suspicious of TLJ "hiding behind his character" and that he felt it was "time a significant bandwagon got started and I feel he's a decent candidate."
As soon as I posted my reasoning of why TLJ seemed suspicious on me and I casted my vote, Seacore immediately changed direction and came at me stating about the TLJ bandwagon :
"I had no intention of staying on that bandwagon for long. I did it merely to create a bandwagon and see how it went.

I think it went well"
This seems kind of scummy to me, but then he goes on and basically says I didn't have a point and it was an impossibility that TLJ could be using his character to lull us into a false sense of security, but isn't that very similar to "hiding something" as Seacore put it?
I have not voted for Seacore because I want to see how things go before I make a definite vote and on the off chance someone slips and makes it obvious that they are scum. I think it's pretty meaningless to vote for people just to change votes soon after. I've done it, but now I realize it's mostly a waste of time.
TheCheshireCat
TheCheshireCat
Goon
TheCheshireCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by TheCheshireCat »

meh! I hate walls of text :cry: i am going to read through the last page or so and then post in a few minutes :) brb :)
"As you can probably tell, I'm not all there myself..."
Master Tang
Master Tang
Townie
Master Tang
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Master Tang »

Also as a side note could it be found suspicious of the lack of posting of GreenDude? I am not sure if that is considered scumish behavior or just someone being preoccupied with other endeavors.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Wickedestjr wrote: If it was obvious that I was joking in order to get us out of the RVS, then why did you ask for my suspicions? If you knew I was joking then I wouldn't be able to give them.
Back to my 'knock knock' analogy. I said 'whos there' so i could get 'the punchline'... but... there wasn't really a punchline.

:?

Exilon, who are your suspects at the moment? Do you find podium and/or hiphop suspicious for accusing you of saying you will lurk?

I misinterpreted what he meant by his use of the word 'relaxed'. After he explained what he meant, i see no problem with his original comment. Just FYI as to why i said it.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Seacore »

One Day 1 tactic that I think works better than most, is to create Bandwagons and then see what happens. I avoid creating bandwagons on people I have town reads on, I felt TLJ had enough concerning aspects, which I listed, that he was a perfect early bandwagon.

Your reaction to the creation of a significant TLJ bandwagon was textbook scummy, so I voted for you.
TheCheshireCat
TheCheshireCat
Goon
TheCheshireCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by TheCheshireCat »

TLJ wrote:1. Thou shalt have no motivations before the town's.
2. Thou shalt not make, of the unconfirmed, an idol.
3. Thou shalt not make thy roleclaim in vain.
4. Remember the game and keep it active.
5. Honor your reads and perspective.
6. Thou shalt not bandwagon.

7. Thou shalt not commit WIFOM.
8. Thou shalt not plagiarize.
9. Though shalt not bear false witness.
10. Though shalt not covet thy neighbor's role.
Bandwagoning in and of itself its not bad, if not for bandwagoning, ppl would not be voted, now if ppl jump on the bandwagon for no good reason then you ahve to worry, but if they have a legitmate reason to vote someone who is already voted, then its not bad, seeing as we ahve a few newbies in this game, i thought i should claify that.
:)
Oh can you stop pretending to be Jesus, cause your not, and I'm pretty sure you can go to hell for pretending to be The Savior, :) K Thx.
Wicked wrote:TLJ, I understand your vote now. As for your Father's commandments, why is bandwagoning something that should not be done?
I see someone else has also found the flaw in the "Commandments"
Podium wrote:TLJ - speaking in the role of a character, in the interest of being clever or funny (while entertaining) can be considered scummy (hiding behind it) or at the very least annoying... IMO. Be real man!

Find my self agreeing with Podium...
Exilon wrote:Chesire, I know you don’t like TCC =D So I'll promise to never call you that, and also because you like Repo,
aww thanks :)
Seacore wrote:Nobody is ever going to "oh, it's cool, the avatar that he had before the game started is jeebus, he must be town" Otherwise everybody would trust that guy named "townie mctown town" who just hands out cookies all day long.
Hahahaha I thought this was funny :)

I dont have any hard core tells on anyone, I much like Exilon, where it takes me a while to get any good reads, just by gut and the information we have accumulated thus far, I am leaning on HipHop.*
(*Disclaimer* this on gut and the little that we have seen of him in the game, i have no real evidence to back this up!)

I do think that MasterTang's did come out of the blue a little bit, but i think his reasons where pretty justified. ...
i think that is all i have to say for now, if i think if something else i will post it :)
"As you can probably tell, I'm not all there myself..."
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Exilon wrote: sheesh?
I said 'sheesh' because i was surprised that you got that angry over what was (in the end) a misunderstanding. Sorry. ;)
but why did you quote a part of the post which had nothing addressed directly to you? In fact, there was a part of it addressed to you, but you didn't even refer it, or answered anything pointed in there.
I just snipped a piece out because i thought when i explained that i didn't literally mean what i wrote, and that i misunderstood what you meant, that it would resolve the issue.

Underlined is something I would really like an answer to.

(and does one try to lurk? How do you even do that?)
Yes, maf will sometimes try to lurk. You can do it by not posting very often, or with very much content.

You were paraphrasing what you thought it looked like, right? Then explain me the thought process behind the paraphrasing process so I can understand how exactly you translated each word and expression / idea into that final sentence of yours.

'hey i may have to much to handle' - based on you saying 'lets see if i can handle two games at once'.

'im going to try to lurk more' - i misunderstood what you meant by 'relaxed'. i thought you meant 'im just gonna kick back, take it slow, and not get too involved' ... but what you meant was 'im going to try and not blow a gasket right off the bat' :)

Can you understand better where i was coming from now, when i made that comment?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are several things I find that seem to be wrong here. First of all, esurio pointed out TWO people that you said looked town.
You only pointed out reasoning to call one of them TOWN - Esurio. The other one was Hiphop, but you said nothing about him that could pontentially explain your reasoning that led to you labelling him (even if initially) as town.
Go back to my reasons for saying esurio sounded town, and replace hiphops name for esurio... they are interchangeable for that purpose.

I thought upon reading my reasons for saying esurio 'sounds town', that people would understand that it applied to hiphop as well... since it is a nearly identical situation.

Yet, in this exact same quote, you seem to provide another view of Hiphop, by comparing him, to you. You start this by saing you're going to follow esurio's line of reasoning to come after you... and then end up on Hiphop?
The fact is... it's a false analogy. One thing would be to say "let's use your criteria for going after people, esurio", but you don't know what method she is using, and she doesn't even state it.
Yes, she does. She states that she is suspicious of people considering her town without adequate reason.
She provides two reads of two different people, and for hiphop, she even gave a reason why it was null instead of more suspicious than you, as you tried to state. Yet, I don't see any reference in your post to that justification- only the result.
I was comparing her two conclusions, and showing how they don't make much sense (at least to me). She considered someone making a comment based off of meaningful data
more scummy
than someone placing a vote based off of no data.

Forget the specifics here, and just think about the criteria she is using there. Does that not seem backwards to you?

You point out things that she never pointed out in her post that, according to you, makes him look more suspicious than him.

You use arguments she didn't actually use, and mix them up with your own, and label it "following her reasoning", which isn't true, since it's not in her post.
I think i addressed these above... let me know if you want me to respond to something specifically.

But, if everything you said makes him look more suspicious than you, how the heck did you, in your first post, say he was town? What led you to that conclusion, seeing as how there was so much there that you now point out as reasons for suspicion?
From my POV he (did and still does) 'sounds town'.

Remember that what i was doing was discussing the (apparent) nonsensical nature of her reasoning from
her
POV.

podium wrote:I mean really, look at it -- hiphop places a serious vote based on little to no info, and you label it a null tell... i give an opinion based on an informative post and you label it a scum tell.
This doesn't follow her reasoning. She never stated that "voting based on no info" = null tell, she says the context of it ("too early to be scum") makes it label the whole post as a null tell.
My summary was a description of what actually happened, not a line of reasoning.

But you raise another interesting point. If it's 'too early' for Hiphop to be scum, why is it not also 'too early' for me to be scum?

And you gave an opinion, true - but you never stated your reasons for that same thing. Are we supposed to guess? You only stated your reasoning for it in THAT POST. She didn't lael your opinion based on an informative post a scum tell. What she labeled was the opinion, because she didn't know your reasoning at that time.
Again, i was highlighting the judgement discrepancy from her POV considering what Hiphop did, and what i did.

If she didn't realize that there was more information available for me to make my comment, then there was for Hiphop to place a vote, then it could imply that she was just looking to pick a strong fight against me (or anyone, perhaps) using poor and/or disingenuous reasoning.

In addition to the seemingly backwards judgments she handed down.

Your whole conclusion is off. This is what one can actually conclude by reading her post:

"Hiphop places a serious vote based to little on no info early in the game, so it's labeled a null tell. Podium states two town opinions when there was little information on those players and never elaborates on it on that post, so she labels it as scum"

HEY LOOOK! When you see it like this, it actually seems like you're THE ONE who has something to explain.
Your paraphrasing isn't accurate, and im not sure it changes my point.

I based my comment off of meaningful information. It is assumed that esuri has reviewed other players posts up to that point. In doing so, she would have realized that i voiced my opinion based on that information -- so there would be no need for me to elaborate on it. If i read something and it 'sounds town', then what is there for me to elaborate on? Remember that this was just an off the cuff jotted note... not some hugely important decision.

But the point was made more to draw the distinction between a
comment
, and a
vote
.... as well as
meaningful
information, and
non-meaningful
info and how she judged our actions.

You distort a lot.
After reading my reasonings, do you still believe this?

----------------------------------------

Let me know if there is anything you feel i have sidestepped, and i will be glad to address it. :)
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Post by hiphop »

Exilon- why the overeaction? i was explaining my interpretation of your post. I don't think that it was over reaching either, because podium said something about it too( though I fear he may have been copying from me.) I realize now what you meant by it.
unvote
You do rea;ize that it was just one vote. It wasn't like a mob all voted for you.

Podium- I would rather have you not call people town. That only makes it easier for scum to nk. Also if people start agreeing on who is town, scum could get mixed up as well. Take a look at my [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 07&start=0]last game[url] where popsofctown rode his towniness to the end, therefore people did not look at his posts closer to see that he was clearly budding Spyrex the whole way down. I as scum rode it with him. Calling people town does not help you, does it? I can't see any reason for it.

I do not have time to reread the thread today, so I will do it tomorrow.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by hiphop »

hiphop wrote:Exilon- why the overeaction? i was explaining my interpretation of your post. I don't think that it was over reaching either, because podium said something about it too( though I fear he may have been copying from me.) I realize now what you meant by it.
unvote
You do rea;ize that it was just one vote. It wasn't like a mob all voted for you.

Podium- I would rather have you not call people town. That only makes it easier for scum to nk. Also if people start agreeing on who is town, scum could get mixed up as well. Take a look at my last game where popsofctown rode his towniness to the end, therefore people did not look at his posts closer to see that he was clearly budding Spyrex the whole way down. I as scum rode it with him. Calling people town does not help you, does it? I can't see any reason for it.

I do not have time to reread the thread today, so I will do it tomorrow.
fixed.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Ugh, walls. So much for going to sleep at a reasonable hour. [pre-posting addendum: /irony tag goes here]
podium, 101 wrote:What's the point of explaining that tactic? It's probably the most basic strategy there is, and i'm sure we are all aware of it. I feel like perhaps you wanted to just contribute something that sounded impressive/intriguing by stating something inherently obvious.
I am overly verbose and have a habit of stating things that do not necessarily need to be stated because I strive for as much clarity as possible. I do not intend to change that anytime soon as it is a core aspect of my personality. I can reference completed scum/town games for verification if this continues to be an issue.
didn't see any holes or flawed reasoning.... thought it sounded town
See, there's a major problem here. Can you guess what it is, or do I need to spell it out? (Hint: Scum can form arguments without holes or flawed reasoning too, y'know. Just because you're scum doesn't mean your arguments will suddenly cease holding up to a basic logic check. Unless you suck at mafia, in which case you have bigger problems than your alignment.)

I still hold that it is suspicious to conclude that someone "looks town" with the severely limited content I had provided at that time. I see a far more natural town reaction being a "neutral" on either hiphop or me at the time you posted, and MT's "playing safe", which insinuates at least a mild suspicion, without actually elaborating on that suspicion, fishy.
MT, 104 wrote:I didn't all of a sudden jump on TLJ. I was finding him suspicious for a while and after rereading a bit I found him to be the most suspicious with his vagueness and his weak voting. My post fully explains all the reasoning that led me to vote for TLJ. I thought his vagueness and him "hiding" behind his character is a way for him to hide his scumminess.
Since TLJ has started posting more often and actually telling us what's on his mind I have since changed my opinion and choose to UNVOTE. You're jumping on me after I gave a detailed reason why I was voting for TLJ. Even thought I unvoted for TLJ I still am wary of him but he is redeeming himself in my opinion.
Okay, that's great and all, but we don't have any proof that you actually found him suspicious for a while. and therefore, yes, it is "all of a sudden" because we cannot read your mind and therefore cannot verify that you didn't just jump on TLJ's bandwagon because it seemed like the cool thing to do at the time. That's not so much what I take issue with so much as the fact that I think your reasoning is shoddy, though. The hiphop argument is very weak and the "playing Jesus to lull us into a false sense of security" is BS. (Wicked echoes my line of thought on that in 105). Also, if you really found him suspicious, your vote would likely remain on him when pressured barring a better scum candidate emerging. The fact that you unvoted without voting anyone else when you did along with the perpetuation of your shoddy bandwagon-jumping is something I find
very
suspicious and is enough for me to

unvote; Vote: Master Tang

This in no way clears podium, mind. In fact, I feel fairly confident at this point in time that MT and podium are scumpartners, but I'll get to my beef on him as an individual more in a bit.

IGMEOY/HOS: Podium

Podium, let us, together, read what I said about hiphop again, and then what hiphop said, and then what you said, because you are blowing things out of proportion here.
esurio, 99 wrote:Hiphop's 83 seems like he's trying too hard to put a non-random vote on someone. Too early to be scummy though, imo. Null for now.
hiphop, 83 wrote:First part i can possibly see as AtE as well as a promise that you will lurk. Right? As for the second part I see as sitting back and lurking, and not giving your input. It just reiterates the first point. Activity helps the town. vote exilon not a random vote.
podium, 104 wrote:hiphop places a serious vote based on little to no info, and you label it a null tell... i give an opinion based on an informative post and you label it a scum tell.
Note that I did not say it was a town action nor a scum action; you seem to have this idea in your head based on your reaction towards me that I am trying to excuse a clearly scummy action as one that is not scummy. This may require some background to understand, and so I am willing to forgive your ignorance in this matter, but I have been blasted in the past for trying too hard with my early cases as town before (will link this on request as well) and because of that I am inclined to be lenient when that is what I see from someone else. Since that was the vibe I got from hiphop's post, as opposed to one of malevolence (mind that scum are more likely to hop onto an already steam-powered bandwagon, and hiphop did not) I have mentally earmarked the post for later reference once we have some flips and player connections established, but as of right now I don't think there is anything alignment-related one way or the other about hiphop's post.
podium, 101 wrote:i wonder why you come after me so hard, yet ignore hiphop, if it's 'really' something that irks you.
Blatant misrep. The only thing I ever said irked me (and no, you don't get to use that word, that's one of my favourite words, goddamnit, and you haven't proved yourself worthy of it yet :<) was TLJ's non-reaction to my vote on him.
Let's just try and hold everyone to the same standard when it comes to 'agreeing' with other players
Let's not, as that would likely benefit scum. It's not so much the action of agreeing in and of itself so much as the manner in which the agreeing is done, and discouraging players from agreeing with each other at all would eventually undermine town. Echoing a statement of accusation over a misinterpretation at best/misrep at worst is far scummier than echoing agreement when a case has been talked to death already, for example.

@TLJ: Do you still find my case on podium to be "not justified"? Why or why not?
podium wrote: She considered someone making a comment based off of meaningful data more scummy than someone placing a vote based off of no data.
I think this here could sum up the brunt of our headbutting quite nicely. Y'see, I completely disagree that your comment regarding me was based off of meaningful data, where as you seem to think that a few sentences is adequate to get a read off of.
If it's 'too early' for Hiphop to be scum
Misrep/misinterpreting again. Not too early to be scum, too early to get a read off it. Hiphop has, frankly, not posted enough for me to feel like I have a read on him one way or the other. That is a problem, but we have scummier candidates than the relative lurkers right now.

I am curious, though, podium. I notice that despite our disagreements you have not OMGUS'ed me. What is your current opinion of me now that I've actually posted some things of substance? What is your opinion on MT now that he has been forced to come out of his shell a little more? Is there really no one you suspect more than TLJ at this time?

- PRE-POSTING REFRESH CHECK -

Hiphop, I understand where you're coming from, but calling someone town is not
always
a bad thing, despite what people on this site love telling all the newbies. When people flip (especially scum) it is sometimes helpful to look at who they called town and who they called scum. Like most things, though, it should be used in moderation, and the context defines the pro- or anti- townness of calling someone town. Defending someone you think is town from being lynched by stating that you think they are town >>>> writing a compact list of who you think is scum and who is town with little to no reasoning. Giving away who you think is what alignment is to some extent inevitable anyway.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

The Lord Jesus
The Lord Jesus
Townie
The Lord Jesus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Post by The Lord Jesus »

The Judgment

>Guilty: esurio, hiphop, Green
>Innocent: podium, Wick, Exilon, Seacore, Tang

Wick: When asked what the sixth commandment is, a Catholic will quote, "Thou shalt not kill," whereas an Anglican will say it is, "Thou shalt not murder." If they are at the same table, they will then argue the subject. To bandwagon does not mean to place one's vote with another but, rather, to vote for the sake of bandwagoning. When we meditate upon the wagons that have gone before, we must separate the wheat from the chaff; we do so by examining the perspectives of our brethren and discerning truth from illusion. Look at Seacore's vote for me and his explanation of it. Is it truth or illusion? If we allow ourselves, as champions of the town, to rally under the cry of bandwagoning, then we have made a hding place for those who would decieve us.

Exilon: There is no need to explain yourself in such detail that your message is obscured. Please speak briefly and then answer questions as they are asked.

Cheshire: Even the Rock denied me. Will you weep as he did?

Esurio: Verily I say, your case is unjustified. We should rejoice that he is eager to reveal his thoughts on who is innocent or guilty. To decieve us, our enemies need to change their false perspectives and so hesitate to give them. His agreement, in both cases, was reasonable. In the second it was not so much a stone cast against Exilon as it was an oath spoken in support of hiphop's concerns. Were you reading intent on learning rather than usurping, you may have understood this.

Your accusations are not only unjustified because Podium is innocent, but also because they are rife with iniquity. When Seacore and Master Tang chanted, "Crucify him," you ran from the assembly and loudly accosted two who had already been called unclean. In one breath, you have shown that you understand the early game to be barren of evidence and yet asked the righteous to believe that you have found much of it. In truth, you have found nothing but two accusers whom you hope to manipulate. Repent.
"And when inquisition was made of the matter, it was found out; therefore they were both hanged on a tree: and it was written in the book of the chronicles before the king."
Esther 2:23
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Exilon »

TLJ wrote: Exilon: There is no need to explain yourself in such detail that your message is obscured. Please speak briefly and then answer questions as they are asked.
I do wish I was able to speak clearly enough in just a few lines and make my message clear. It's something that, for me, is a little hard; but I would gain from it (such as everyone else). So I'll try harder.
Hiphop wrote: Exilon- why the overeaction? i was explaining my interpretation of your post. I don't think that it was over reaching either, because podium said something about it too( though I fear he may have been copying from me.) I realize now what you meant by it. unvote You do rea;ize that it was just one vote. It wasn't like a mob all voted for you.
Let me get this out of my chest - when people state things like they are certain of it (and immensely certain), and when people accuse of something which is wrong, and act like it is right... it gets me fired up. I think I already explained this on another post.

Podium said it after you, and yeah, most of it was acquired from you, (certain things in the sentence point to that), and it was a reach in a way that both of you were misinterpreting it. And you were so conviced of it! Furthermore, you even threw in that definition of interesting, but I've already stated this in the other post.

Of course I realize it's just one vote. My reaction wasn't because of it - far from it. In fact, I pounded harder on Podium than you, and he didn't vote for me.

Now... Gee. Podium, you'll have to forgive me - this might be my fault that I don't understand exactly what you're trying to say or not being able to make my point clear so you can exaplin it, or this might be your fault for not being able to write correctly or scummy motivations/ reasoning. I apologize in advance, if that's the case.
podium wrote:Yes, maf will sometimes try to lurk. You can do it by not posting very often, or with very much content.
This is majorly semantics. The fact is you don't 'try to lurk'. Either you lurk or you don't. "trying" is a word that should be used when there is a chance that the action will fail. (for example, you can TRY to swim, you can TRY to fly, etc.) In this case, if you want to lurk, you can lurk. there isn't any chance you'll fail. But as I said, semantics - I know what you meant, so I'll just leave this as a potential example supporting what I said about "sloppy sentence construction".
Podium wrote: Can you understand better where i was coming from now, when i made that comment?
Yeah. I just don't really know why one would interpret relaxed as lazy, without considering other possibilities.
podium wrote: Go back to my reasons for saying esurio sounded town, and replace hiphops name for esurio... they are interchangeable for that purpose.

I thought upon reading my reasons for saying esurio 'sounds town', that people would understand that it applied to hiphop as well... since it is a nearly identical situation.
I don't usually apply the same reason to think some people are town when they have different posts. They're not the same person, yet you bagged them under the same belt. (you used the same reasoning). although, I can see where this could come from, so there isn't much to say about it.
Podium wrote:
exilon wrote:Yet, in this exact same quote, you seem to provide another view of Hiphop, by comparing him, to you. You start this by saing you're going to follow esurio's line of reasoning to come after you... and then end up on Hiphop?
The fact is... it's a false analogy. One thing would be to say "let's use your criteria for going after people, esurio", but you don't know what method she is using, and she doesn't even state it.
Yes, she does. She states that she is suspicious of people considering her town without adequate reason.
If that's her method, then you can't possibly accuse Hiphop from her perspective. Hiphop wasn't the one considering her town. In fact, he doesn't even mention it. So my argument still stands.
Podium wrote:
Forget the specifics here, and just think about the criteria she is using there. Does that not seem backwards to you?
No. First, I'm not going to forget "specifics". Also, I'm not judging her, I'm judging you. Is your defense asking me to look at her, to see what you see? That's diverting attention instead of defending yourself.
podium wrote: But you raise another interesting point. If it's 'too early' for Hiphop to be scum, why is it not also 'too early' for me to be scum?
That's a false analogy. The answer is: Because you're not the same person, and didn't make the same post. That would be a valid question if you and hiphop had done the same things and she had aknowledged that and still provided different tells. But that's just not the case.
podium wrote: I was comparing her two conclusions, and showing how they don't make much sense (at least to me). She considered someone making a comment based off of meaningful data more scummy than someone placing a vote based off of no data.
(...)

Remember that what i was doing was discussing the (apparent) nonsensical nature of her reasoning from her POV.
You weren't comparing HER two conclusions. Her two conclusions, at most, would be this:

In her point of view, she hadn't really posted any kind of informative post / meaningful information, which is what she stated. Yet:
Podium wrote:I based my comment off of meaningful information.
It is assumed that esuri has reviewed other players posts up to that point. In doing so, she would have realized that i voiced my opinion based on that information
-- so there would be no need for me to elaborate on it. If i read something and it 'sounds town', then what is there for me to elaborate on? Remember that this was just an off the cuff jotted note... not some hugely important decision.
She realized that, what she didn't realize is that you had found the post informative. In fact, she states the contrary. Yet, in your whole "Eusrio's POV" post, you act as if she knew that - which isn't true. This is what I have been trying to say.
Podium wrote: Your paraphrasing isn't accurate, and im not sure it changes my point.
Why isn't it accurate? Please explain. Better yet, why don't we ask the lady herself?

@Esurio
: Do you find this paraphrase of your ISO post #3 accurate?

If not, what is wrong there? Is it significant?
Podium wrote: After reading my reasonings, do you still believe this?
No, I don't believe you distort. Not purposefully, at least. However, you have made a little one or two misudnerstandings, and are quite guilty of some fallacies (some please correct me if the word is wrong) in your reasoning, besides some attention diversions.

So, for now

Vote: Podium
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:34 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

The Lord Jesus wrote:
The Judgment

>Guilty: esurio, hiphop, Green
>Innocent: podium, Wick, Exilon, Seacore, Tang
What has Green done that Doomcow hasn't? (More accurately, what have
either
of them done?) What has Tang done that merits an innocent read? What has Seacore done the merits an innocent read? What has podium done that merits an innocent read?

And even if I didn't totally disagree with your list, you've pretty much just done here exactly what I said was
bad
to do in my previous post -- post a scum/town list, particularly with little to no elaboration. Do you know why it's bad? Let's say you're town, and you have a scum and two towns on your guilty list. Scum know exactly which ways they can sway you now so you don't vote their scumbuddy. Let's say you're scum -- you've effectively day-communicated with your buddies regarding which people you want to see lynched.

Adding TLJ to my list of people-who-need-to-be-lynched. This is inexcusable.
Esurio: Verily I say, your case is unjustified. We should rejoice that he is eager to reveal his thoughts on who is innocent or guilty.
lolno.
To decieve us, our enemies need to change their false perspectives and so hesitate to give them. His agreement, in both cases, was reasonable.
How so?
In the second it was not so much a stone cast against Exilon as it was an oath spoken in support of hiphop's concerns. Were you reading intent on learning rather than usurping, you may have understood this.
I don't see the difference. One is equal to the other.
Your accusations are not only unjustified because Podium is innocent
Elaborate. What has he done to merit an innocent read from you?
but also because they are rife with iniquity. When Seacore and Master Tang chanted, "Crucify him," you ran from the assembly and loudly accosted two who had already been called unclean.
Who previously accused podium/MT? Exilon pointed an FOS at podium, but nobody had said a thing accusatory toward MT when I laid down my cases. This is a blatant misrep.
In one breath, you have shown that you understand the early game to be barren of evidence and yet asked the righteous to believe that you have found much of it. In truth, you have found nothing but two accusers whom you hope to manipulate. Repent.
Also a misrep. Where did I ever say that there is no evidence to be found in the early game? If you were "reading with the intent of learning", as you say, you would know that there are things that I have chosen to keep an eye on but cannot glean alignment from at this time (ie, not scumtells, but to some extent troubling) and things that I feel are outright scumtells.
exilon wrote:@Esurio: Do you find this paraphrase of your ISO post #3 accurate?

If not, what is wrong there? Is it significant?
Not quite, but certainly closer. I would add clarification in that I got the distinct impression that hiphop was trying too hard to make a non-RVS case, which is not a scumtell but provides a connection to you that can be further analyzed when one of you flips (and likewise a connection to podium for agreeing with the case).

The latter sentence is accurate.

-

I will probably be unable to post tomorrow. I work a long shift that day. Just fyi.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:48 am

Post by podium123456 »

esuriospiritus wrote: I still hold that it is suspicious to conclude that someone "looks town" with the severely limited content I had provided at that time. I see a far more natural town reaction being a "neutral" on either hiphop or me at the time you posted, and MT's "playing safe", which insinuates at least a mild suspicion, without actually elaborating on that suspicion, fishy.
What if i had said "dont see any scumtells" instead? Would you have still gotten so defensive?

If i had known people were going to get so worked up about those specific words, i would have phrased it differently. I thought that in the context of that post (VERY brief notes and devoid of anything like "I believe esurio is town"), people would assume that 'looks town' only meant that i essentially haven't gotten any scumtells so far.

Note that I did not say it was a town action nor a scum action; you seem to have this idea in your head based on your reaction towards me that I am trying to excuse a clearly scummy action as one that is not scummy.

What i am doing is looking at the main criteria you used to nominate me as scum. Then i am showing that Hiphop and myself were BOTH guilty of violating that criteria. Then i am asking why you consider my infraction worthy of a maf vote, and not Hiphops, when his was more severe than mine.

Blatant misrep. The only thing I ever said irked me (and no, you don't get to use that word, that's one of my favourite words, goddamnit, and you haven't proved yourself worthy of it yet :<) was TLJ's non-reaction to my vote on him.
That wasn't a misrep. You said that you are suspicious of people reaching conclusions without sufficient information. That is what i was referencing as irking you... my reaching a conclusion (but really just an observation) on someone off of little information.

Let's not, as that would likely benefit scum. It's not so much the action of agreeing in and of itself so much as the manner in which the agreeing is done, and discouraging players from agreeing with each other at all would eventually undermine town.
The tone of your response to me agreeing with one of your points, implied that you were trying to paint it as a scum move. This (in addition to using the argument again with the hiphop thing) is mainly what prompted me implying that you were viewing
any
agreement as a scum move.

I just really hate that 'he's just agreeing with x' argument. It's much too easy for maf to find someone agreeing with someone (which happens frequently) and toss it out as need be to help support whatever point they are trying to make.

It's one thing to review someone's commentary over an extended period of time and see that they have a pattern of always taking the safe route by agreeing with other players, but it's another thing to start throwing that argument out multiple times right at the start.
I think this here could sum up the brunt of our headbutting quite nicely. Y'see, I completely disagree that your comment regarding me was based off of meaningful data, where as you seem to think that a few sentences is adequate to get a read off of.
Your post was meaningful/serious information, as opposed to lighthearted RVS banter. That's a fact. What's subjective is how MUCH meaningful information is required before someone can begin to form an opinion.

But the point was, as i have stated several times, you claim that someone reaching a conclusion about a player based off of little information is a scumtell. I reached a much less severe conclusion than Hiphop did (mine was merely an observation), and i used more information than Hiphop did in reaching that conclusion.

So why do you hold what i did as being worthy of being maf, and Hiphop receiving a null-tell, if that issue was
really
so important to you?

I am curious, though, podium. I notice that despite our disagreements you have not OMGUS'ed me. What is your current opinion of me now that I've actually posted some things of substance?
Well... considering my earlier assessment of you, i guess you could say i currently view you as neutral. Some points i am pondering:

You have still yet to explain the seemingly lopsided judgment you handed down, in regards to your issue of someone reaching a conclusion about another player based on little/meaningless information.

I think the 'you are agreeing with x and that is a scum move' argument is being abused.

Slightly odd that you would get so worked up as a townie over someone saying you 'looked town' considering the manner in which i did it. However, if you were a maf, it would be a different story. Going after someone for putting no suspicion on you, could look like an
extremely
towny-move to some people. "i'm so town, that i wont stand for someone to say i'm town without a damn good argument".
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by GreenDude »

Ok I'm here now. I didn't get a chance to post more on tuesday or wednesday and it's already thursday evening now. Time goes too fast.

Anyways, It's rather funny how I have posted 3 times in total. And people have only mentioned my missingness like 5 times. What would happen if I'm scum? There's no evidence on me. I'm surprised there's no bandwagon.

Now I have these huge posts to read through. I'm absolutely thrilled.

TheLordJesus is being really annoying and dumb with his fake holiness act. He's probably an atheist making fun of christians. If we were to lynch him he would probably say he'd come back from the dead in 3 days.
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Exilon wrote:Furthermore, you even threw in that definition of interesting, but I've already stated this in the other post.
I'm quite certain his inclusion of the definition of 'interesting' was directed at me, and not you. FYI

podium wrote:Yes, maf will sometimes try to lurk. You can do it by not posting very often, or with very much content.
This is majorly semantics. The fact is you don't 'try to lurk'. Either you lurk or you don't. "trying" is a word that should be used when there is a chance that the action will fail. (for example, you can TRY to swim, you can TRY to fly, etc.) In this case, if you want to lurk, you can lurk. there isn't any chance you'll fail. But as I said, semantics - I know what you meant, so I'll just leave this as a potential example supporting what I said about "sloppy sentence construction".
You can try to lurk. Perhaps it is a mafia member who is very talkative, and argumentative... that person might want to stay under the radar by not posting, and may not be able to refrain from posting excessively. In that case, the person tried to lurk and failed.

Yeah. I just don't really know why one would interpret relaxed as lazy, without considering other possibilities.
That's because you are only considering it from your POV, i guess. My interpretation was actually more literal to the word relaxed than what you intended, IMO. (lazy/uninvolved vs. non-angry)

Podium wrote:
exilon wrote:Yet, in this exact same quote, you seem to provide another view of Hiphop, by comparing him, to you. You start this by saing you're going to follow esurio's line of reasoning to come after you... and then end up on Hiphop?
If that's her method, then you can't possibly accuse Hiphop from her perspective. Hiphop wasn't the one considering her town. In fact, he doesn't even mention it. So my argument still stands.
I think you missed the broad point. The method she used was 'someone reaching a conclusion on another player based on little information'. Hiphop was guilty of that, as well.

Podium wrote:
No. First, I'm not going to forget "specifics".
Exilon... comon man.

You are quizzing me on why i questioned esuri's judgment call... you didn't understand the point i was making when i included all the specific information, so i stripped the specifics out and just left the meat of the situation to try and get you to understand what i meant.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to get at with this line of questioning. I think you dont understand the point i was making about how she found my infraction less scummy than hiphop's infraction, even though his was worse.

Also, I'm not judging her, I'm judging you. Is your defense asking me to look at her, to see what you see? That's diverting attention instead of defending yourself.
??

Of course
i would have to ask you to look at her actions, so you would understand why i said what i did.

That's not diverting attention.

That's a false analogy. The answer is: Because you're not the same person, and didn't make the same post. That would be a valid question if you and hiphop had done the same things and she had aknowledged that and still provided different tells. But that's just not the case.
My point was that we DID do the same thing. We both reached a conclusion about another player based on little information, and her judgment was seemingly biased.

In her point of view, she hadn't really posted any kind of informative post / meaningful information, which is what she stated. Yet:
Podium wrote:I based my comment off of meaningful information.
It is assumed that esuri has reviewed other players posts up to that point. In doing so, she would have realized that i voiced my opinion based on that information
-- so there would be no need for me to elaborate on it. If i read something and it 'sounds town', then what is there for me to elaborate on? Remember that this was just an off the cuff jotted note... not some hugely important decision.
She realized that, what she didn't realize is that you had found the post informative. In fact, she states the contrary. Yet, in your whole "Eusrio's POV" post, you act as if she knew that - which isn't true. This is what I have been trying to say.
First of all, it isn't a matter of IF she had posted anything meaningful, it was how much.

But the point wasn't whether or not i found her post informative, it was the fact that her post was SOMETHING meaningful, rather than there being NOTHING meaningful from exilon. This is a fact.
Podium wrote: Your paraphrasing isn't accurate, and im not sure it changes my point.
Why isn't it accurate? Please explain. Better yet, why don't we ask the lady herself?
Let's just say it's accurate.

Your paraphrasing of it doesn't change the point i was making.

No, I don't believe you distort.
Ok.
Not purposefully, at least.
That contradicts your previous statement. Reference something you think is a distortion, and i can try to clear it up.
However, you have made a little one or two misudnerstandings,
And? Is that a crime?

and are quite guilty of some fallacies in your reasoning,
Let me know if the explanations i have provided for what you viewed as fallacies weren't sufficient.
besides some attention diversions.
I haven't diverted attention.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Day 1, Vote Count 3 - A Thousand Miles

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required to lynch. The Deadline is May 2nd, 2010 at 11:59 EST.

Votes

Master Tang - 2
(Seacore, esuriospiritus)
Seacore - 2
(Wickedestjr, DoomCow)
The Lord Jesus - 1
(podium123456)
Deer - 1
(TheCheshireCat)
podium123456 - 1
(Exilion)
esuriospiritus - 1
(The Lord Jesus)

Not Voting - 4
(hiphop, GreenDude, Deer, Master Tang)

Activity

DoomCow
has not posted in over 48 hours and has received his first prod.
Deer
has not posted in over 48 hours and has received his first prod.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”