Newbie 934 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by mb53 »

Coach Travis: Who is the best lynch today and why? Do not say yourself.
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

@Charlie:I'm not scum, and I don't have a PR, so you can figure my role out from there. Don't beleive me? You'll likely have it confirmed very soon.

@mb53:Right now, my serious top suspect is Super, due partially to process of elimination since two of my top suspects have been better lately(LC and Charlie), and Matteh is still getting a null read, and voting him probably was wrong, because as I said, I was never all that convinced.
Unvote

Super, however, I've not liked at all this last little while, due to some contradictions, and a bit of hypocrisy of his own, things I myself have been called out for. Basically, his whole saying he's open to voting LC and Charlie, then in the same sentence, saying his vote on me is set in stone, is a contradiction, and his posts where he complained about Robo unvoting him when he still found him town, then himself unvoting LC who he still found scummy, is hypocrisy. So yeah, since my back's against the wall, I'll just go with my top suspect, and
Vote:Super Smash Bros. Fan
I didn't do it earlier to prevent further suspicion on me, but I really have nothing to lose at this point, since I'm probably getting lynched anyway.

I'm also not totally sure about you anymore, simply because unvoting someone you actually think is scum just doesn't seem right to me, not to mention, you either contradicted yourself, or outright lied:Earlier, you pointed out a post where I was scum hunting, then recently you said I never scum hunted at all, which is again, either you just contradicted yourself, or told an outright lie. Either way, it's scummy. So I definitely think you're worth looking into after today. But right now I think it's either me or SSBF gone, and I'd obviously prefer it to not be me.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by mb53 »

myself wrote:
None. Whole game, none.
Once. Whole game, just once. Because you are bad at it. At the start of this game I thought I was a really crappy scum hunter (feel free to see newbie 916 if you want to know why I thought I was), but I put forth an effort. You really, really haven't been trying.
The point still stands. And yes, I do think that Matteh is scum, but you are scummier. The scummier person gets the vote.
CT wrote: unvoting someone you actually think is scum just doesn't seem right to me
Well voting someone that you aren't fully convinced is scum is just as bad, if not worse right?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@Coach Travis: No offense, but all these points were already thrown out by me from other people, particularly Deer and LordChronos. Anything else you'd like to add in my case that no one else has noticed?
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

@mb53:No, I don't believe it was that bad, because he is my second suspect, so it's not like I was voting someone I thought was town, and I seriously believed I'd get called out for an OMGUS vote if I voted Super, so that vote seemed like my best option. Obviously I was wrong, and just managed to once again prove how bad I am at this game. Where you just suddenly unvoted someone you were convinced was scum, to hop on a bandwagon. It sorta makes me think you are scum, baiting me into that vote just so you could have a reason to switch your vote back to me like that.

And no, I don't have any other reasons for voting Super right now, but I do agree with the case on him, and as I've said, coming up with my own cases has always been a problem for me, and the reason I can't be a good scum hunter. I do believe he's the most suspicious right now, which is why I voted him.
Shadsticle
Shadsticle
Goon
Shadsticle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Post by Shadsticle »

Super wrote:If the person lynched on Day 1 is revealed as scum, it means that scum team speculation is impossible on Day 2, so wouldn't it be better to do it now?
Personally I don't mind scum team speculation if it's warranted and if there seems to be a lot of evidence towards them, but this makes no sense. The later on in the game, the better as far as speculating on scumteams goes, because you have more to work with. The way Day1 usually becomes useful for finding scumteams is going back and looking at the votes on Day1 after finding a confirmed scummer. You seem to be saying that it's better to team-speculate on day 1 'cos there's a chance (12.5%?) there will only be one scummer left on Day2, which is silly.
Civilize the mind but make savage the body

Newbie 926 - Townie Cop, lynched Day 1
Newbie 915 - Mafia Goon, lynched Day 4
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:51 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Okay, so I think I know when speculate scum teams. Looks like I was wrong and you guys were right.

@Coach Travis: You can't even use the "I'm a newb." excuse. This was your very first post in the game:
Coach Travis wrote:2.Yes, but on smaller forums where most people were new to it, so it was strange. I've completed one game, and am now in a second one, probably going to lose tonight.
Maybe you're new to Mafiascum games, but you have played AND completed at least one Mafia game.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:51 am

Post by Charlie »

SSBF's recent posting makes me less suspicious of him.
Kindness
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:33 am

Post by mb53 »

Coach Travis wrote: Where you just suddenly unvoted someone you were convinced was scum, to hop on a bandwagon. It sorta makes me think you are scum, baiting me into that vote just so you could have a reason to switch your vote back to me like that.
I unvoted you to find other options, voted Matteh because I thought he looked scummy, then you made a very bad post. That post convinced me that you are the best lynch for today, so I unvoted Matteh, and voted you. And how did I "bait you into voting for Matteh?"
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Okay, so I think I know when speculate scum teams. Looks like I was wrong and you guys were right.

@Coach Travis: You can't even use the "I'm a newb." excuse. This was your very first post in the game:
Coach Travis wrote:2.Yes, but on smaller forums where most people were new to it, so it was strange. I've completed one game, and am now in a second one, probably going to lose tonight.
Maybe you're new to Mafiascum games, but you have played AND completed at least one Mafia game.
I noticed this to, and he responded:
CT wrote:Nowhere anyone here would have heard of, but that's irrelevant. It was less than the equivalent of a newb game, that's all you need to know.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:34 am

Post by mb53 »

EBWOP wrote:I noticed this to, and this is how he responded when I asked him where he played before now:
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:38 am

Post by LordChronos »

Charlie wrote:SSBF's recent posting makes me less suspicious of him.
Specifically what has SSBF said lately that makes him less suspicious?

@mb53,Super

That is a good point about Coach Travis.

Where did you play before, Coach Travis? Why should we accept your "I'm a newb" defense when you have played mafia games before?
I'm a talking computer.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Coach Travis »

Fine, I won't actually name the site, but basically, it's the forums for an RPGMaker game. I'd read mafia games on a pay to register humor forum before(where it actually was well played), so when I saw it on a site I was registered for, I decided to play it. Found out the other players were really bad(I was above average there), and the whole thing was a disaster. So at the end I still sorta felt like a newb.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:42 am

Post by mb53 »

I think CT is due for a lynch now. We only have a day left, I really hope we don't get a no-lynch.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Deer »

mb53 wrote:I think CT is due for a lynch now. We only have a day left, I really hope we don't get a no-lynch.

I'd really prefer a Super lynch. I can't help but just get a gut town read on CT, sadly. If it gets to be between a CT lynch and a no-lynch, though, I'll take the CT.
Mod: can we get a votecount? Thanks.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I'm at 4 votes, Super's at 3. Problem is, I've pretty much dug my own grave at this point, and I'll admit that. I'm not scum, but I've done enough to come across that way, so it's my fault. I accept whatever happens, and just hope the town does better on day 2.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

LordChronos is still my top suspect, undoubtedly. The breadcrumbing incident has solidified my read on that. Charlie makes a joke about a townie breadcrumb, prompting LC to simply say "Don't breadcrumb." This is scummy because he doesn't vote for Charlie (even though in RC's eyes, it's rolefishing), and he doesn't ask what the purpose of the question even was. To me, it's just LC waffling on an issue. He points out rolefishing and tells Charlie not to do it to gain townpoints, but he doesn't take the risk and throw out a vote or ask any questions in fear of being challenged. It's also scummy that his top two suspects just happened to be the top two bandwagons (which allows him to switch from bandwagon to bandwagon and remain completely justified), and his third suspect is a lurker who he accuses of doing something that he didn't even do in the first place.

Second suspect is Matteh, for active lurking. If you haven't noticed it, here's a few quotes from his 23 posts:
Should be able to get something a little more substantial up after uni
Apologies, spent time with the girlfriend after uni and didnt get on the laptop
Spent the weekend chasing kids and dogs
Also, he hasn't been aggressively scumhunting at all. His suspects constantly vary, and he promises rereads on people that we never see the results on. If there's lurking scum in this game, it's Matteh.

Finally, third suspect is Shadsticle. He's been sitting on bandwagons, and hasn't really commented on the goings-on of the game unless prodded.

However, we are one day from deadline hitting, and none of my bandwagons have taken off. I'm not sure if I can get on the computer tomorrow, and I'm not a big fan of letting other's decide my destiny, so it's time to decide out of CT and SSBF.

SSBF: I suspected him in the beginning, but he's definitely became a lot townier as of late. The newbietell of looking for scumpairs early on is DEFINITELY not a scumtell; it shows confidence in reads, and it shows he's reading the game as closely as he should be. As a result, SSBF has climbed from my biggest scumread to a fairly strong town read.

Coach Travis: Null tell, honestly. However, the appeals to emotion lately haven't really given me a good vibe at all. His promise for more content tomorrow if we leave him alive seems an empty one, especially if he isn't that amazing of a scumhunter as he says. And when faced with the decision to lynch a town read and a non-contributing null read, I
Vote: Coach Travis
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Charlie »

By my count that was the hammer. We're now in twilight. Coach Travis, if you're town then now would be a great time to post your final thoughts and suspicions.

Again, Nachomamma8 makes a good post. Personally, I'm interested in the middle suspects: Matteh and Shadsticle. Till now it is really hard for me to get a read on either. I want to see more from the two of you guys D2.
LordChronos wrote:Specifically what has SSBF said lately that makes him less suspicious?
Nothing specific, really. I read all his posts and generalized that they were no tunneling nor inconsistancies. This leads me to conclude that what he posts is genuine and scum is less likely to make genuine posts.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Charlie »

EBWOP: mb53, your current avatar is giving me an epileptic aura. Maybe I should brand you scummy for that.
Kindness
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Alright, I'm pretty sure I'm about to become a ghost. Before then, brief thoughts:

mb53;I really didn't like him towards the end of day, between the lies I pointed out, and doing the flip flopping I was sometimes accused of. Watch out for him.

Super:Obviously, I think he's scummy. I'd rec him as the next to be lynched, though I'm still not 100% sure on him.

Charlie:I actually began to like him at the end of the day, became helpful later on, and generally seemed like a townie I thought. Same for Shad, LC and Nacho:Those three seem like the most obvious townies at this post, and I'd be shocked if either were scum.

Matteh:As null as ever. By default, this means he seems scum ,especially since he didn't even show up to vote in the end, as if letting everyone else decide to finish, because he knows who's town due to being scum.

In conclusion:I tried, and failed to play this game and I'm sorry for that, but going ahead look out for Super, Matteh, and mb53. Oh, and I apologize if this isn't allowed:I'm just doing it because of Charlie's post.

Posting in twilight is fine, but be sure to read the rules if you're in doubt - not all mods or games are open to such. -EB
Shadsticle
Shadsticle
Goon
Shadsticle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Shadsticle »

Well, 368 would make it seem a reread is in order, sorry I've been posting less than I could two weeks ago, starting a new job that has taken up a lot of time, luckily there's internet in the room. 8-)
Civilize the mind but make savage the body

Newbie 926 - Townie Cop, lynched Day 1
Newbie 915 - Mafia Goon, lynched Day 4
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Charlie »

That...sounds like a mislynch D1. Sorry, Coach Travis, and thanks for your input. For what it is worth, that last post seemed to have some good effort put in it. I assure you that it is okay to post in twilight! Check out this here second post by our mod, ElectricBadger:
ElectricBadger in Rule no. 6 under Voting, Deadlines and Death wrote:Once players have reached a majority no further voting will be counted for that day. After this point and before the end of the day – “twilight” – discussion may continue, including the victim. I will post the final count a few hours before revealing the victim’s role, to allow for any last minute corrections (which will have to be sent via PM, as the thread will be locked).
Kindness
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Okay, I just wanted to make sure it was fine:Where I played before as soon as there were enough votes to lynch, it was considered night and no one except the mod could post until the next day.

And I forgot to mention Deer:I think he's town as well. In fact, he goes up there with the other 3 I mentioned, maybe even ahead of them:I thought Eklipse contributed a lot in the few posts he made, and Deer has been even more active and even more helpful than he was. So yeah, I'm very confident that Deer is a townie.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

Day One Final Vote Count:

With 9 players alive, it took 5 to lynch.

(3) Super Smash Bros. Fan: Deer, LordChronos, Coach Travis
(5) Coach Travis: Charlie, Shadsticle, Super Smash Bros. Fan, mb53, Nachomamma8

(1) Not Voting: Matteh

Coach Travis,
Vanilla Townie
, has been lynched.

Night is 72 hours long; it ends 11 PM PST on April 21st. Any actions not sent to me by then will be lost.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:28 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Nachomamma8,
Town Doctor
, was killed during the night.

Day Two Begins!

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

(7) Not Voting: Shadsticle, Matteh, Deer, Super Smash Bros. Fan, mb53, Charlie, Lord Chronos

Day Two ends Midnight PST, May 13th.
Matteh
Matteh
Townie
Matteh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Matteh »

Right. First of all I apologise for not being around during the lynch but I DID mention that it was a busy week for me:

my dissertation was due in
my driving test (which I passed)
my 21st birthday.

I still made one or two posts to reply to questions or post directly about me.

----

There, I put a line under that because I hate making excuses for myself in mafia games. Most of the time you have a choice whether or not you post, but I literally had next to know time last week.

So.

For what it's worth, I don't think CT was scummy enough to deserve a lynch.

Ironic though, that the two people who directly had a problem with me (nachomamma quoted my "active lurking" and CT read me as "lurking scum") are both no more - I feel like I'm being set up. I actually WILL get a read up tonight if it kills me.

I think mb53 needs a look at.
"Everything of importance has been said before by somebody who did not discover it."
- Alfred North Whitehead.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”