Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:24 pm

Post by Ythill »

Furcalow’s pad isn’t as remote as the vineyard. You head south past Little River on a two-lane that flirts with the surf, weaving through the low hills like a canyon glider. You’re relieved to have survived the night, but an equal sense of trepidation rides on your shoulders. It turns to icy fear as you pull into the driveway to find that Sheriff Green has already arrived and he isn’t alone.

The villa is set on a wide rise overlooking the ocean. The normally picturesque view is unimpressive behind the stenciled doors of half a dozen cop cars, including an unmarked Explorer with federal plates. You consider turning around but the Sheriff spots you from the veranda and hurries over. His scowl is not comforting. “I’m afraid you won’t be able to meet here today,” he says. “Crime scene.” Seeing the question on your face, he tells you, “Nothing to do with product. Homicide.”

“What are the feds doing here?”

“Looking for links. There were two murders last night: this one and Fonzerelli. Turns out he was a fed, been working undercover here for years. He was DEA, but reported directly to the Justice Department. Word is, his job was to await and prevent mafia involvement.” You’re rendered mute by the news, which is groundbreaking on several levels. Green mistakes your expression for grief and places a comforting hand on your shoulder. “I had Maggie go ahead and reserve a room at the Gardens for your meeting. Been sending everyone that way. You’d better move along now, wouldn’t want to be late.”

He’s right. You head back to town. The scenery is no less panoramic, but you hardly notice it. Mendocino is a tiny berg perched high on a rocky shore. It’s a trendy place with galleries and cafes; the patios of the strip are packed with sun-kissed carousers. You coast slowly through the tourist throng and down a steep hill to the only hotel in town: Sweetwater Gardens. It’s a vast but charming structure sprawling over two manicured acres.

You stroll through the wide front gate into a courtyard that looks like Eden: pristine, colorful, and somehow wild despite the care put into the placement of every blossom. Flanked by colorful paper lamps, long tables stand nestled between imported trees. You walk along a wooden terrace with more tables and a large Jacuzzi that has been custom-crafted to look like a natural pool. Through an enormous window, you see the restaurant interior: richly decorated but, at this hour, entirely empty of appointment. There’s no hostess on duty, but the guy stocking the cabana directs you to one of the larger suites. Inside, fifteen gray metal chairs look out of place among luxurious mahogany furnishings, rich paneling, and a cobbled floor. Most of the apartment is open to the sky. Some of your associates are present, milling around or picking through the breakfast that’s been laid out on the wet bar. One of them is lounging in the hot tub. He flashes you a weary but ironic smile.

“Another day in paradise…”

Furcalow has been shot. He was a
Vanilla Townie
The Fonz has been shot. He was the
town’s Jailkeeper

Day two begins!

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The deadline is May 10, 13:00 PDT (GMT-7).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Thank god for that (referring to Furcolow). I think my sanity would otherwise be compromised.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:39 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Alright, let's get some "tracker" results.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:46 am

Post by dramonic »

dont forget the watcher too!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:47 am

Post by Jack »

Furcalow kill sucks though.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:06 am

Post by dramonic »

Jack wrote:Furcalow kill sucks though.
I must humbly disagree. He was a source of white noise and a mislynch in the making.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:11 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

So my town reads on some of Furcolow's posts were right. I'll have to put his inexplicable behaviour down to the stupidity.

I'd like to resume my vote on sirdanilot because he hasn't answered to my case, and I want him to.

Vote:sirdanilot

However, I also have my suspicions about the dana wagon, and I think that will be one of my focal places for scumhunting. The votes nearer the end of that wagon were really unconvincing for me.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:25 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Okay I replaced out of some games (I really really really hate doing that) so I will try to make best of this one.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 60#2218760

Damon's bs case. click on the link

Okay, I dissappeared/fell inactive because of out of game reasons.

My case on Mpr was NOT forced. However your case does look like it:
damon gant wrote: And this post above is mainly a defense against the points that M+R made against him.
(1)
Dissect it yourself, and see if you can find any reasons other than "He isn't scumhunting" in any of these posts, because I'm not seeing it
(2)
(and the scumhunting reason is weak in my opinion because it was still early in the game).
1. How is this not a valid reason? How is this not a good reason to vote someone? How is this not a reason to lynch someone?

1.Argh! your horrible,horrible, HORRIBLE case makes me cringe! Do you see how this isn't a valid case against me at all? Yes, the point in my case was 'mpr isn't scumhunting'. So WHAT? How does it make me scummy?
Do you understand that not scumhunting is VERY ADVANTAGEOUS FOR SCUM and very DISADVANTAGEOUS FOR TOWN?

Now, if you understand this (god save our souls if you don't), how is it unnatural/scummy for me to vote MPR over it?

And then you go on: (see 2)
2. Okay, so if it is not scummy to not-scumhunt in the early stages of the game (which is NOT the case, but hear me out), then how is it scummy that I made a case on someone that included only one point? In fact, it should make me even more towny by your crap logic because I put in even more effort than 'necessary'!

However, obviously it wasn't that early in the game at all, frickin' page 5. And whenever anything is available at all (in games that lack the useless joking phase this can be as early as page 2/3, like this game) scumhunting, or making attempts to start an environment in which scumhunting is possible, is town priority number one.

Because I found this case very incriminating on MPR, I lingered on it. My votes on jack were mostly pressure votes, to get him talking, but eventually I figured that with his playstyle it's not going to happen.

I cannot possible imagine why damon-gant [town] would find me scummy for this. Only because my case had only one, but very very very valid point? I just cannot wrap my head around it.

Damon-gant [scum] sounds a lot more easy to explain here, just looking to post a bullshit case (since he hadn't scumhunted in the entire damn game yet, and thought 'hmm it may be time now') and eliminate one of the more experienced players here. Call this omgus if you wish. But I have absolutely no idea how damon [town] could find me scummy for such a ridiculous crap reason. And THAT is why I am suspecting damon_gant now, not because he voted me (which is the definition of omgus).
And then he goes on to vote Jack, and then after that, goes back to M+R and tells us to look at his other posts for the reasons. I looked, and I found one, very weak reason. This isn't scumhunting, this is applying artificial pressure, and trying to look like they're scumhunting.
Same again. What if it WAS a valid case? Because, yaknow, it WAS. would it then be scummy still?

You are doing the same you are accusing me of. explantion:
sird. finding MPR scummy: 'he's not scumhunting'
damon finding sird. scumy: 'has only one point on MPR'

you do have a second, smaller point but it wasn't your main reason of voting me and by your (faulty) logic this shouldn't make your case much less scummy in the other people's eyes.

Since im on to something here, I will take a small look at your iso.

Okay, what I noticed in your first few posts: sure they don't really look scummy at first. But I encourage you all to look deeper. Do you see any scumhunting? No. Do you see him calling anyone scum? NO! He called a lot of people town. ISO post 1 does contain him finding boberz strange, but no accusation.

ISO 6 things get started in damon's mind. I will quote a part of it for easy reference.
I'm uncomfortable with Fonz. He's been very aggressive all game, and has also taken a strong lead of the town. I'm not saying that's scummy, it seems to be his meta. However, it does make me uncomfortable, and I hope that we don't put all our eggs in one basket with him. It could be a nasty basket for all we know. I don't particularly agree with everything he says either. However, what I do like about Fonz is his passion. Maybe I'm getting sold by an act here, but that feels townish to me.
Oh, the wiffle waffling! Do I need to explain this? Do I truly?

And other than that, only a lot of fluff saying people are town rather than scum.

this one is saillant (not sure if that is an english word):
I include myself in this advice, and that's why I'm hunting for scum outside of Deer and M+R whose cases I don't believe in. However:
where? the only places where you have said anything about people not called Deer/M+R were post 1 and post 6, boberz and fonz resp. neither included even a small attempt at scumhunting, let alone you forming an actual opinion on them.

You are laughable, Damon_Gant. It is only in post 10 that you state you are suspicious of ANYONE (it was furc), and only in post 12 you decided 'hmm maybe its time to make a case'.

His following scumhunting of Furc then is pro-town, I feel I should mention.

ISO 17: oh, where did Diacria pop up on his scumlist out of nowhere.
damon_gant can you explain

ISO19 could be seen as an attempt to get a list of people he found townie (it succeeded) but since I am not too sure what scum would win from this I'll just say that it is unhelpful at best.

Current top-notch suspects: Damon_gant, MehPlusRawr

vote: damon_gant

I want you not to only adress my reply to your case on me, I want you also to reply to my case on me. Why did you not scumhunt? Why did you lie as in saying you did scumhunt? Why did you call so many people town? Why did it take you so long to find anyone scummy at all?

I want everyone to look VERY close at mr. non-obvious scum, Damon_Gant.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:26 am

Post by sirdanilot »

damon gant wrote:
However, I also have my suspicions about the dana wagon, and I think that will be one of my focal places for scumhunting. The votes nearer the end of that wagon were really unconvincing for me.
Oh you can be damn sure we won't forget this promise. Looking forward to see it.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:28 am

Post by Jack »

Didn't read that post, but
vote:sirdanilot
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:14 am

Post by sirdanilot »

What? You didn't read my case on damon but voted me? Or what?

You know I am fucking sick of this jack.

unvote, vote jack

I am not even going to hide that this is a pressure vote (since I said something about them in my case, so my normal behavior of not saying they are pressure votes cannot be done now).

Explain yourself.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:25 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

I like how Sirdan has been OMGUSing the whole game. :D (Except I don't actually like it. I shouldn't have said this last.)
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:11 am

Post by sirdanilot »

I have NOT been omgusing, and here is my defense.

MPR, my rebuttal of damon's case wasn't my only reason of voting him (if it was, then yes I would be expecting lots of accusations of omgus coming at me). Look at the very very incriminating ISO, please. You know you would if you were town.

My vote on Jack is merely a pressure vote, so also not OMGUS. However he does need to explain himself, and I mean really really.

Then, my case on you was before you omgused me, so you are the pot calling the kettle black (or what is this expression).

I nailed 2 of the scum guys: mpr, damon_gant.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:28 am

Post by boberz »

Blatant OMGUS on Jack there sirdan. But before you did that I was on your side I actually quite liked your post on damon.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:49 am

Post by boberz »

What???WHat????WHAt?????WHAT????
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:00 am

Post by dramonic »

On an unrelated topic, I'm still waiting for Jack's explanation of his post (i think it was something like ISO 3?)
I'm a hoot
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:11 am

Post by HackerHuck »

I don't know how anyone [town-aligned] can be happy about the fact that we just lost two townies last night. Although Furcolow was noisy, he really wasn't scummy. Not to mention, he only had two votes at day's end, so it's not like he would really contribute to a mislynch. On the other hand, I don't see his kill as coming from scum. If I were to guess, I'd put Fonz's demise at the hands of the scum and I'd guess that a vig killed Furcolow.

I'd like a few answers:

GreeninDirt
BV310
Why were you two still voting for the claimed Tracker? Were there no other scummy suspects that you saw?

Obviously we need information from the claimed PRs. there's no reason not to get it.

Boberz - why were you against the Danakills wagon?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:11 am

Post by HackerHuck »

dramonic wrote:On an unrelated topic, I'm still waiting for Jack's explanation of his post (i think it was something like ISO 3?)
Why can't you drop that?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:12 am

Post by dramonic »

why should I drop it?
I'm a hoot
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:25 am

Post by sirdanilot »

boberz wrote:Blatant OMGUS on Jack there sirdan. But before you did that I was on your side I actually quite liked your post on damon.
pressure. vote.

comprende?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:26 am

Post by sirdanilot »

boberz wrote:
What???WHat????WHAt?????WHAT????
what? these are my two top suspects. I think I nailed the scum.

Now let's not let these two just coast by guys. At least look at them and form your own opinion, but don't you dare ignoring them.

Boberz: what do you think of damon?
What do you think of MPR?
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:47 am

Post by boberz »

I thought you had just stated it as fact as a slip. Ie knowing you were scum with them. But it was a long shot I was just hoping you had slipped rather than genuinely thinking it.

No I do not ocmprehend your pressure vote. Do you think he is feeling any pressure right now? I am not saying you are scummy sirdan just wrong on a couple of points.

I was against dana wagon because I honestly didnt see where it was come from. His breaking of the contract need not have come from scum and I said so at the time.
Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Diacria »

I don't think sirdani is scum.
Vote: Dram
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Apparently Sirdan thinks I'm scum again. Whoopee. :roll:

Not that he really says why....
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Deer »

OK. I tracked BV. I'll refrain from saying who he visited until he says who he watched to see if they match up. If you guys would rather have me post my results first, then I'll do that - I've never been a PR before and I'm not sure about the best way to go about it.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”