danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:48 am

Post by danakillsu »

Maybe he didn't want you to OUT ANYMORE PRs.
Could you explain this statement? I want to be absolutely sure of what you mean by this.
Wreck Star
Wreck Star
Townie
Wreck Star
Townie
Townie
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Wreck Star »

[Reck]

Okay, I'm really high right now. Did hp claim day-BP or night-BP? Or both? I don't see why a town role would need day-BP abilities. It's more likely (imo) that town has dayvigs over scum. If scum had daykill, I have no fucking clue how this game would even work. Someone clarify for me, because reading is nigh-impossible right now.
xRECKONERx + Starbuck = Frakking Awesomeness
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Kast »

@hp-
Thematically, the investigation part is messed up too. We're playing in Episode 4-6. In this time period, Lando isn't a smuggler (and that's never really an integral part of his character even in the extended universe).

@THC-
Maybe he didn't want you to OUT ANYMORE PRs.
Great logic! Let's stop lynching people while we're at it since you know that might out PRs too.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:56 am

Post by FC Groningen »

danakillsu wrote:
It's idiotic to lynch hp now. We should let him live to use his ability first.
What's idiotic is to assume he has that ability and to let him possibly use an amazingly powerful scum ability he has.
Remember that part in Cloud City where Han Solo tries to shoot Vader like 6 times, only to realize that he's no longer holding his blaster, Vader's holding it?
QFT! I remember that. It's possible the mod set it up so that the only person Han COULDN'T shoot was Vader. And if hp has a good chance of being Vader, he has a good chance of having a powerful evil NK. And if he has a powerful evil NK, he should NOT be allowed to survive the day.
thats a lot of "if's" in 1 post, but I'm inclined not to believe one-shot cop claims that happen to be bulletproof as well.
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:59 am

Post by danakillsu »

thats a lot of "if's" in 1 post, but I'm inclined not to believe one-shot cop claims that happen to be bulletproof as well.
Yeah. Um... let me get my calculator.... 2. And those are really only dependent on one thing: him being Vader. If he's Vader (and we have reason to believe he is) he has a powerful evil... and I meant Night Action, not NK. Therefore he should be lynched today.
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:03 am

Post by ReaperCharlie »

Kast wrote:We're playing in Episode 4-6. In this time period, Lando isn't a smuggler (and that's never really an integral part of his character even in the extended universe).
Holy crap. I didn't even think of that. You're right.
danakillsu wrote:
Remember that part in Cloud City where Han Solo tries to shoot Vader like 6 times, only to realize that he's no longer holding his blaster, Vader's holding it?
QFT! I remember that. It's possible the mod set it up so that the only person Han COULDN'T shoot was Vader. And if hp has a good chance of being Vader, he has a good chance of having a powerful evil NK. And if he has a powerful evil NK, he should NOT be allowed to survive the day.
I seriously doubt he's the only person Han/Kast couldn't shoot and kill... this sounds like you're reaching too hard for something extraordinary to believe here...
TwoHeadedCyclops wrote:Maybe he didn't want you to OUT ANYMORE PRs.
Yeah but hp[leaves] obviously should have realized that he
would
be effectively outed by Kast trying to kill him, and him not dying. Now he's only wasted one of our shots at killing scum during the daytime. Kast ASKED everyone who he should shoot.
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:07 am

Post by ReaperCharlie »

ReaperCharlie wrote:Yeah but hp[leaves] obviously should have realized that he
would
be effectively outed by Kast trying to kill him, and him not dying. Now he's only wasted one of our shots at killing scum during the daytime. Kast ASKED everyone who he should shoot.
What I am trying to say is: hp[leaves] should have claimed before Kast attempted to dayvig him. Then we'd have an extra shot at killing scum today. FFS
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:18 am

Post by semioldguy »

danakillsu wrote:Generally, I have experienced that unless it is the RVS, players give reasons for their votes so as not to appear that their votes are scummy. If you don't want to give a reason, you're obviously not obligated to, but repeated unbacked votes set off my scumdar, just letting you know.
Reasons comes at the time I feel they are best for the vote.

@ReaperCharlie
Even if he claimed before he was shot he would have likely been shot anyway.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:31 am

Post by FC Groningen »

danakillsu wrote:
Yeah. Um... let me get my calculator.... 2. And those are really only dependent on one thing: him being Vader. If he's Vader (and we have reason to believe he is) he has a powerful evil... and I meant Night Action, not NK. Therefore he should be lynched today.
Actually:

- Hp had to be Vader
- Han is not able to shoot Vader
- Vader has a powerful NK
- Vader is automatically considered evil (not necessarily although he'd probably lean towards it)

But I don't see the reason to get worked up, because I don't believe the claim in the first place. Also, this reeks to "appeal to probability". Not saying you are wrong, but the way you came to the conclusion might be.
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:39 am

Post by ReaperCharlie »

semioldguy wrote:@ReaperCharlie
Even if he claimed before he was shot he would have likely been shot anyway.
Why? Because his claim was unconvincing? Or because you think Kast is a loose cannon? Or both, perhaps?

Maybe I'm just comparing the HP situation too closely with the THC situation, where he and wolf claimed, Kast backed off, and POW, we have two people that we don't have to worry about stabbing us in the back. Three, if you count Kast. And for those saying Kast can't be trusted, sure I understand, I don't entirely trust him yet either, but I'm at a loss as to WHY a scum-day-vig would claim, and then try to nail a guy who everyone agreed was pretty scummy-looking. That is completely beyond me.

Unless, of course, Kast and HP are BOTH scum, and are just playing us all masterfully, which seems 99.9% patently ridiculous.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:46 am

Post by semioldguy »

Neither of those is the reason why (though his claim is unconvincing, that isn't why. A convincing claim wouldn't have stopped me from shooting him). It is what I would have done and I don't think Kast is a bad player so I'd think he'd be inclined to act the same as I would. The fact that it was bulletproof that he claimed would have made me want to test it. Otherwise scum could just claim bulletproof when they aren't to get town to look the other way.

The same situation would occur if someone claimed unlynchable. In order to prove the claim, you'd have to try lynching them.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Kast »

@SoG-
To be fair, yes, I likely would ultimately still shoot despite a bulletproof claim. However, I would have given extra time for people to think about and evaluate the claim.

From hp [leaves]
claimed
PoV, that he thinks Kast is an SK, he should expect me to leave a claimed bulletproof alone. If he really thought I was an SK, then he should think I don't care as long as I kill anyone (he actually posted something to this effect).
Show

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:34 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Looking at this whole mess I don't see how Lando would be both bullet proof and a one shot cop, hell i don't see how he could be bulletproof. His continued refusal to do much of anything is what is making me feel he is hiding something.
unvote, vote HP
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:37 am

Post by ReaperCharlie »

Kast wrote:From hp [leaves]
claimed
PoV, that he thinks Kast is an SK, he should expect me to leave a claimed bulletproof alone. If he really thought I was an SK, then he should think I don't care as long as I kill anyone (
he actually posted something to this effect
).
So then why did(/does?) he think you're an SK?
semioldguy wrote:Neither of those is the reason why (though his claim is unconvincing, that isn't why. A convincing claim wouldn't have stopped me from shooting him). It is what I would have done and I don't think Kast is a bad player so I'd think he'd be inclined to act the same as I would. The fact that it was bulletproof that he claimed would have made me want to test it. Otherwise scum could just claim bulletproof when they aren't to get town to look the other way.

The same situation would occur if someone claimed unlynchable. In order to prove the claim, you'd have to try lynching them.
Ok, granted; and even moreso because Kast just confirmed that he'd have dayvig'd HP regardless of his claim.

However, now I am interested to know what you think about HP's allegiance, SoG. Do you think he is scum? If so, why, and if not, why not?
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Kast »

- Hp had to be Vader
- Han is not able to shoot Vader
- Vader has a powerful NK
- Vader is automatically considered evil (not necessarily although he'd probably lean towards it)
Also, while I think support on the hp wagon is a good thing, I don't think these statements are inherently true. Vader is a possible bulletproof mafia GF, but certainly not the only one.

The others are thematically possible IF hp is Vader, but are not inherently true.
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Kast »

@RC-
That's the thing, he says he thinks I am an SK, but then his actions show he doesn't actually think that. The simplest explanation is that hp is a mafia GF trying to discredit the town vig.
Show

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Kdub »

Vote Count

d3x (1)
- AlmasterGM
farside22 (0)
-
wolframnhart (0)
-
ooba (1)
- DragonsofSummer
Kast (1)
- hp [leaves]
Toon Fighter (0)
-
ReaperCharlie (1)
- semioldguy
hp [leaves] (11)
- farside22, Scott Brosius, FC Groningen, CryMeARiver, Dragon Phoenix, ooba, danakillsu, bv310, ReaperCharlie, Kast, wolframnhart
CryMeARiver (0)
-
Dragon Phoenix (0)
-
Wreck Star (0)
-
killa seven (1)
- Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon (0)
-
AlmasterGM (0)
-
Scott Brosius (2)
- Wreck Star, TwoHeadedCyclops
danakillsu (0)
-
totallynotmafia (0)
-
FC Groningen (1)
- totallynotmafia
semioldguy (0)
-
TwoHeadedCyclops (0)
-
DragonsofSummer (0)
-
bv310 (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (3)
- killa seven, Toon Fighter, d3x

22 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is May 8, ~4 pm PDT
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Wreck Star
Wreck Star
Townie
Wreck Star
Townie
Townie
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Wreck Star »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
ReaperCharlie wrote:Yeah but hp[leaves] obviously should have realized that he
would
What I am trying to say is: hp[leaves] should have claimed before Kast attempted to dayvig him. Then we'd have an extra shot at killing scum today. FFS
I agree. Now that I'm coming down from my high, this logic makes sense. I wasn't ready to lynch him over simply being BP. I must've missed the part where he took up a bullet. That's a purely scum motivation. But something else bothers me more that I noticed:
wolf wrote:Looking at this whole mess I don't see how Lando would be both bullet proof and a one shot cop, hell i don't see how he could be bulletproof. His continued refusal to do much of anything is what is making me feel he is hiding something.
unvote, vote HP
Uhhh, really? You're willing to lynch someone because the
flavor
doesn't quite work out in your head? This is a bullshit reason to jump on the wagon - reeks of paranoid scum who just wants a reason to lynch someone.

Unvote; Vote: wolf
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

It wasn't so much JUST the flavor that didn't fit WreckStar, it was also as i said in the last line
his continued refusal to do much of anything
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Wreck Star wrote:
Uhhh, really? You're willing to lynch someone because the
flavor
doesn't quite work out in your head? This is a bullshit reason to jump on the wagon - reeks of paranoid scum who just wants a reason to lynch someone.

Unvote; Vote: wolf
And this seems like a BS attempt to stall this wagon. Wolf is claimed mason, there is no point going after him today.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Wreck Star
Wreck Star
Townie
Wreck Star
Townie
Townie
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Wreck Star »

FUCKING SHIT SCOTT'S RIGHT.

ugh.
unvote
. I need to come back and play when I'm not high.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Kast »

-Wolf also isn't the only player to comment on flavor...
--Then again, Reck isn't exactly famous for always making sense.
Show

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by d3x »

I don't believe the claim.

Vote:hp [leaves]

Sorry I didn't get a chance to do much more of an in depth readthrough, but this needs to happen.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by bv310 »

And that's a hammer. Guess I'll hopefully see you guys in the morning.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

sorry about absence after promising a post, will post tonight.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”