Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

EBWOP: Also not really liking the people on the wagon.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:23 am

Post by Deer »

Who are your top suspects, wicked?
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:29 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

@mod:

esuriospiritus is V/LA until April 26, 2010.
O.o Actually, I'm technically LA till further notice. In my confirmation post I mentioned not having internet inside my apartment and having to go elsewhere for it, and those circumstances have not changed. It doesn't hamper my activity THAT much, but sometimes I do go over the 48 hour thing as a result of that and splitting my internet time with another game, so yeah.

unvote

SSBF needs to claim, but he needs to do so before some noob waltzes in, hammers, and goes, "herp derp I totally didn't know he was at L-1, sawwi ^____^;"

vote: MT

And anyway, I'm starting to think MT is even more obvscum than SSBF, which aside from the "I hate buses lol" comment would make me wary of the SSBF wagon for the sole reason that he is on it.

@Wicked: Are you going to respond to Seacore's defense?
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Master Tang
Master Tang
Townie
Master Tang
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Master Tang »

How does "I hate buses lol" turn into "I'm scum vote for me". I took a bus to NYC as a field trip for a class. We went to the Met, MoMA, the UN building, and finally to Chinatown. We got stuck there for 4 hours leaving at midnight instead of 8pm because of bus issues. Stop reading into it lie it's some secret scum joke.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:46 am

Post by podium123456 »

The Lord Jesus wrote:
The Judgment

>Guilty: Super Smash, Tang, Green
>Innocent: podium, Wick, Seacore, hiphop, Deer

Podium: Patience is a virtue. When the time is right and I have explained myself fully, you will agree that my silence was golden. And that time may be drawing near.
Hahaha. Well... i guess i'll give u a few points for not being a jerk, but that doesn't overcome the deficit acquired from being cryptic. :)
Wickedestjr wrote:which makes me think he is trying to avoid having to take a stance.
What?? I certainly wouldn't accuse seacore of avoiding having to take a stance, based on his votes and language -- and i doubt anyone else here would as well. You really think he has avoided taking stances? It feels like you are really stretching things to make this argument. Which makes me ask myself, 'why'?

If you are only referring to the time period at which the posts you referenced occurred, then:

A. Why mention it now, if you have seen his activity since then.

B. At that time, most of the players had failed to say anything of substance... so why would you single out seacore with this accusation?
Wickedestjr wrote:EBWOP: Also not really liking the people on the wagon.
That's a possible scum-line that falls right in with Deer's 'interesting' post, due to all the reasons seacore gave. it is vague and lacks information, and can easily be molded to fit an argument in the future, if the need arises.

WHY dont you like the people on the wagon? Is it because it is at L-1 and someone could hammer prematurely? Is it because it's a full wagon, and full wagons are suspicious? Is it certain players on the wagon that may be working together, or an individual with malicious intent?
Master Tang wrote: Stop reading into it lie it's some secret scum joke.
Master Tang, forum mafia.

Forum mafia, Master Tang.

I'll give you guys a few minutes to get acquainted.

:P

------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------

UNOVOTE
VOTE: TheLordJesus

SSBF, we need a claim please.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by podium123456 »

I guess i'll add that currently i have SSBF and MT tied at #2 on my scum list. MT had begun redeeming himself after the TLJ vote, based on his conversations, but all that was negated with the SSBF vote. Just another poor move, IMO... from either faction, really.

TLJ remains my top suspect, but im aware that my POV (based on our 1 to 1 conversations) may be distorting his image slightly. A lot of my reason for having him at #1 is due to the cryptic nature of some of his responses... but no one else appears to be alarmed by this... so perhaps i am reading too much into it.

...and then, of course, there is our wildcard Greendude :? I don't know what the protocol there is... it's either a maf flying under the radar (successfully), or an extremely non-helpful townie... so how do you handle it? Perhaps opposingforce can shed some light on that situation.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Seacore »

SSBF is definitely our town top lynch suspect of the day.

I think taking votes off him is a bad idea. He should remain at L-1, until he claims.
I've previously been blasted in another game for fearing the hammer that comes before the claim. And that's because we shouldn't be. It's a good trap to set and the hammerer would look scummy regardless of flip.

Podium, having TLJ as your personal top lynch suspect is good, we don't all need to agree. But the cryptic nature of his posts is probably not a good reason for him to be there. a) He's improved a lot since we started pressuring him. b) It's a good reason to look at him more closely and to treat him as more suspicious, but probably not enough to vote for him. In between his flavour posts, he's actually been very town, with good assessments made of different cases.

I do agree that Wicked's focus on me looks odd. I don't read it quite as scum, but I'm not as 'comfortable' with him as with others. I'd like him to respond to my responses. I think it's more likely that he thought he had this great trap in the way of his first post and has tried to milk something from it.

SSBF needs to claim I guess, although I haven't seen anybody willing to hammer.

Let's recap, at the time of Wicked's post SSBF was at l-1. In that post Wicked :
1) Asked for a claim,
2) Asked for people to take their vote off him, and
3) Declared he didn't find SSBF scummy and was suspicious of the bandwagon.

This is not a great town move. You shouldn't ask for the claim of somebody you think is town. That's a form of rolefishing. If he doesn't think SSBF is scum he should be looking for an alternative, not asking him to claim. Leave it up to someone who's willing to be the 7th vote to demand a claim.
Asking people to take their votes off him is also wrong, as I've explained before. It's a good trap and it keeps the suspicion on.
And finally, yes, I would like to know who he thinks is scummy in the bandwagon. Assuming we have 3 scum in this game (which is usually about right), I imagine we have one or both scum on the wagon. Personally I think it's one, Master Tang.

But whether there is scum on the wagon is secondary to whether the wagon is good on it's own. Scum will nearly always bus their buddies. Especially if they do as bad a job as SSBF has.

Summary. People should be staying on the SSBF wagon, 6 of us recently agreed he's the scummiest scum who ever scummed. The pressure should remain until a 7th person says they are willing to vote for him. Even a quick hammer provides us with information. Wicked's tactics are incorrect, but I don't find him scum for it.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by podium123456 »

EBWOP:

Wickedestjr - I wanted to get your total case on Seacore, and did an ISO on you. In doing so, i saw that what i referenced in my above post was a repeat of a question you asked back then and never got an answer to. So that answers my question as to why you brought it up now.

I have opinions regarding the other questions you want answered, but i guess i'll let seacore speak for himself. As far as my opinion on seacore... well i haven't really found anything overly scummy... save for my natural wariness of anyone that seems to take charge prematurely and/or be overly assertive.

But, do you believe that (with allllll that has went on) seacore is the scummiest of all choices... all (seemingly) based on what transpired following your odd attempt at a joke?

IMO there are much better candidates for scum, and i wonder why you dont think so... as a matter of fact, prior to your post today, you hadn't even FOS'd anyone else - besides calling me and TCC suspicous near the start of the game. (With me, you have later backed off of that claim... with TCC, you didn't give any reason why you called her suspicious at the time u said it, and haven't mentioned it since.)

Even today, 'im getting a bad vibe' (concerning hiphop) is kind of vague, and you merely pointed out a few suspicious posts made by players. You have asked a lot of questions, but have responded to few of those replies... and haven't said much about anyone else except Seacore, in terms of your opinion of their alignment.

Just an observation of mine.

p.s. - who is in your avatar?
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Seacore wrote: Podium, having TLJ as your personal top lynch suspect is good, we don't all need to agree. But the cryptic nature of his posts is probably not a good reason for him to be there.

To clarify... when i said cryptic, i was specifically referring to the comments he made in posts 191 and 231, where he tells me he has additional information that may explain himself better... but remains silent now, for a reason that i will understand in the future.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Seacore »

Ah, that's entirely valid. I too would like to know about that. Secrets like that don't help town.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

I am officially claiming Vinalla Townie here.
The Lord Jesus
The Lord Jesus
Townie
The Lord Jesus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by The Lord Jesus »

Lo, a claim has come. Rejoice for no power roles will be exposed today. If you still believe Super Smash to be dishonest, now is the time to show us with a vote. Though some replacements have joined and are joining, it is of my opinion that both roles have posted sufficiently already. The night will provide them an opportunity to catch up.

Seacore and podium: The vote is certainly appropriate. Podium asked a question with which to better determine my guilt or innocence and I declined to answer. I hold that such is in the best interest of the town but, if he disagress, then his vote is the perfect vehicle with which to communicate, save only that it would be better used in concert with ours to end the day. If I am yet alive on the 'morrow, then we are ever closer to hearing my answer to podium's question. If I am not, then my alignment will be revealed and the question will be moot.

Master Tang: The details of your trip were tangential chatter. Verily, I say, it is fair to suppose that those details were chosen, or wholly invented, as an innuendo.
"And when inquisition was made of the matter, it was found out; therefore they were both hanged on a tree: and it was written in the book of the chronicles before the king."
Esther 2:23
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:10 am

Post by Exilon »

I'm going into V/LA for the next few days (and there's nothing I can do but to apologize). I'll be here, but I won't be able to look for stuff as I really wanted to. By Firday I should be all ready again. (and should have a better view on everyone. I don't want anyone to think I'm stalling or anything so as to not have to post anything because that's not true :s )
(Noted. --AGM)

To MT: it just seems too much coincidence of how that comment could fit in trying to pass a message.
Feels like I've been here before.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:10 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Day 1 - Activity

RankStranger replaces hiphop effective immediately. Many thanks to RankStranger!
RankStranger
RankStranger
Townie
RankStranger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:52 am

Post by RankStranger »

Hello. I read through the entire thread, and it's quite a bit to take in. I'll post my thoughts after work today. Thanks Almaster.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:35 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

I am happy with my vote where it is at the moment, but as I said before I am okay with either lynch and if it comes down to it I am willing to hammer. It would have taken something big for me to buy SSBF's claim anyway, and if worst comes to worst and we lynch town!SSBF, at least we're not lynching a power role d1.

@SSBF: If it becomes obvious that we are lynching you today despite/because of your claim, could you post for us a comprehensive list of who you think is town and who you think is scum before you die? If you flip town it could be useful to have a confirmed townie's perspective on the game out in the open going into day 2.

Right now I am most concerned with hearing more from the more lurkerish individuals, and those who have replaced in.

@Mod:
you forgot to edit your post 2 so it says who RankStranger is replacing.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Master Tang
Master Tang
Townie
Master Tang
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Master Tang »

Exilon wrote: To MT: it just seems too much coincidence of how that comment could fit in trying to pass a message.
The Lord Jesus wrote: Master Tang: The details of your trip were tangential chatter. Verily, I say, it is fair to suppose that those details were chosen, or wholly invented, as an innuendo.
What kind of message would I use through "I hate buses"? I can give you some descriptions of things I saw. For example in the Metropolitan Museum of art, they have an armor section which holds some duke's medieval festival armor, it's black and gold and was approximately like 25-50lbs I forgot which exactly, but it was heavy enough where it wasn't function for battle. There was also decorated sabers, one of which was for a Sultan or something, but he was murdered by his brother before he ever got the chance to get it. There is also a gun/sword combo, which kind of looks like a meat cleaver with a gun on it. The blades on blades/guns were only to be used after the gun is shot. Let's see. There is plenty of paintings of Jesus (TLJ would probably enjoy that). Um.....lets see what else.....At the UN they retardly overprice every souvenir, it costed me almost $10 for a shot glass and a magnet. At the Museum of Modern Art there is a tree sculpture garden thing, a stool with a wheel on it (some art thing), and a large painting done on 2 canvases one is entirely orange and one has prints of a car accident on it. Also the MoMa is currently having a Tim Burton thing going on (if anyone is interested and is close enough to NY to check it out), and some famous artist is there having "silent exchanges" with people (she sits across from you [as long as you choose] and you kind of convey thoughts through the silence. she stays there from opening to closing and she doesn't do anything except sit there silently). So yea, if I some how fabricated all of this stuff then I think I should get a medal of some sort. :/
RankStranger
RankStranger
Townie
RankStranger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by RankStranger »

I don't much care for SSBF at all, for reasons that Seacore struck on. That being said, I'm not 100% prepared to dive in with a vote just yet. I'd like to at least hear who his suspects are before we put the final nail in the coffin. It will be helpful tomorrow.

I would really prefer to hang TCC today, honestly. Almost every post he makes leaves a scummy taste in my mouth. That started with post 58. Whenever someone starts going on about what the mafia must be thinking about X event, or just envisioning things from their shoes a little too well, it raises my hackles.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Deer »

I think TCC is probably one of my top suspects too, basically because she refuses to put down a vote and just FoSes people.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@Master Tang: Completely useless and irrelavent post. That latest post of your gives absolutely no informaton whatsoever with what's going on in Mafia games.
Master Tang
Master Tang
Townie
Master Tang
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Master Tang »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@Master Tang: Completely useless and irrelavent post. That latest post of your gives absolutely no informaton whatsoever with what's going on in Mafia games.
True, but it aggravates me to no end that people think that I made up a trip about my going to NYC.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Seacore »

This post is directed at Town-SSBF.

Hello,
FIrst, I don't think you exist, I think your evil brother scum-SSBF is here instead. But if you do exist please understand, you are going to die today. You played scummy, and you had a vanilla claim, so we know we're not risking a PR with this lynch.
But here's the best part, you'll still win if the town wins. So please help us out.
Who do you think is scum?

Is it me?
Is it Master Tang?
Is it Greendude?

Please tell us why.

And then we will kill you.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Seacore »

Tang.

Get over it, people use real reasons and fake reasons for posting/not posting all the time.
Other people believe and disbelieve these reasons interchangably.

Personally, I think the "I hate buses" comment is irrelevant. I think you're scum for different reasons. What I like to think are 'actual' reasons.

Can people go back to voting for SSBF, bringing him to l-1, so he can make a final post and die. This is what should happen today.

Mastertang is not scummy enough to die today.
Greendude/Rank only just replaced in and we will learn a lot about him by SSBF's flip
I'm definitely not scummy enough to die today.
TCC certainly isn't either, but I agree, I don't like a style that doesn't vote.
Nobody comes close to being scummy enough to die today except SSBF. So lets do this thing.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:13 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Day 1, Vote Count 7 - Rush Hour

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required to lynch. The Deadline is May 2nd, 2010 at 11:59 EST.

Votes

Super Smash Bros. Fan - 4
(Seacore, Deer, TheLordJesus, Master Tang)
Seacore - 2
(Wickedestjr, Super Smash Bros. Fan)
The Lord Jesus - 2
(OpposedForce, podium123456)
Exilon - 1
(hiphop)
Master Tang - 1
(esuriospiritus)

Not Voting - 2
(Exilon, TheCheshireCat)

Activity

TheCheshireCat
has requested replacement. I have begun searching for a replacement.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Deer is starting to look suspicious to me. I feel he is contributing very little.

@TLJ- Why do you feel the need to defend people? Do you think it is ever helpful for town and in what ways? Also do you think it is ever detrimental and in what ways?

Deer wrote:Look guys (Cheshire, Seacore) just because TLJ has an irritating posting style doesn't make him scum and/or worthy of today's lynch. There's scummier people.

And yet you have only given one of your suspects.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”