Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by Antifinity »

I got some weird flavor last night. A big brown cloaked man shot musical notes out of his mouth at my ears. My guess from the description is that it might be a Tonberry, as many comments are made about how it might not be human. I wasn't told what effect, if any, that the singing(?) actually had.

Looking through the Final Fantasy wiki, I don't see any Tonberry abilities like that, and the description did say that the caster was tall, so maybe it is someone I'm not thinking of. My other guess would probably be a... I don't know, a bard?

Vote Count:

Antifinity: 3
(Iecerint, Glork, dramonic)
Iecerint: 2
(PranaDevil, Chronopie)

Not Voting:

Antifinity
bill1148
bv310
Devotress
DragonsofSummer
FC Groningen
inHimshallibe
JPSalazar
KDub
MehPlusRawr
Starbuck
wolframnhart
WorseExcuse

Lynch:

10 votes.

Deadline:

May 16th - 3:00 PM EST
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by Antifinity »

I would test my voting ability, but I don't want to step on someone else's turn, if they need to vote for their ability, and don't want to set off the Doom on accident.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Post by Chronopie »

vote Count wrote:
Vote Count:

Antifinity: 3
(Iecerint, Glork,
Chronopie
)
Iecerint: 2
(PranaDevil,
dramonic
)
Wait, what?
Chrono wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Iecerint

Dram wrote:
Vote: Antifinity
@Mod: Is this right? or mod error?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:24 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

I've got a feeling that countdown is something along the lines of "whoever casts the last vote dies".

That being said, there's a ton of suspicion on me it seems, so I'm up for throwing the last vote on, as I'd rather that than risk someone else with a decent role go down with it.

Of course, if it's an "auto hammer" type of deal, we need to make sure the right person is being voted (I'd roll with Anti tho'), and if it's neither, and it's a specific person... well hell, it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference who casts it in that case.

I just get a feeling it's the first option.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:28 pm

Post by Starbuck »

PranaDevil wrote:It's also interesting to note just one person died last night, not two, so either someone didn't send in a kill, or they did, but they went after someone who didn't die from their attack through some elemental protection stuff.
This sounds like you are trying to explain why your kill didn't go through.

Also, it's WIFOM.

I'm not familiar with FF. Can someone explain "Doom" to me?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:29 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

More trying to explain why someone elses didn't go through.

And Doom basically is Death. A countdown appears over someone's head and counts down, when it hits zero that person dies.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

Alright I've read up.

Couldn't have missed the red countdown. Now unless someone ninja'd a vote, I'm willing to vote now to get the count down to 1. (gonna refresh before posting to make sure I don't hit 0)

However, where is it established that the countdown means doom/death? As far as I see it, its pure speculation. (although I certainly don't dare to hit 0 myself right now)

To Glork:
First of all, what is a JOAT? Not common with the abbrevation.
Secondly, wasn't it you that wanted Tidus to claim yesterday? "Only good things will happen, I promise". Why was that? Also, do you have any other reason to believe that Tidus is an evil role except for Wolf's post in the Inn the first night?

About Wolf:
I think its in his favor that he immediately "claimed" crybaby in his first post today. His "fluff" in the inn is noted though.

To Prana:
You've posted your reasons after I posted. I also had reason to suspect Zodiark back then, but you weren't related. Because I suspected Zodiark, doesn't mean I wanted to defend you. I do find it strange that you post something in close to "yeah, what he said" later on, when you had a different reason posted than me.

For the record, my reason was the fact that he "conveniently went off the radar on page 6". Your reason was "OMGUS vote and role speculation" and later the statement that he didn't contribute at all. Nowhere related.

vote Pranadevil

an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:33 pm

Post by Starbuck »

PranaDevil wrote:More trying to explain why someone elses didn't go through.
It's still WIFOM. Why you would even bring it up is confusing me.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:44 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

FC Groningen wrote:Alright I've read up.

Couldn't have missed the red countdown. Now unless someone ninja'd a vote, I'm willing to vote now to get the count down to 1. (gonna refresh before posting to make sure I don't hit 0)

However, where is it established that the countdown means doom/death? As far as I see it, its pure speculation. (although I certainly don't dare to hit 0 myself right now)
Name another countdown in the FF games that can happen through an ability (unless Kise deliberately was going to have a countdown day 2 and have something happen, in which case it's not an ability)

FC Groningen wrote:To Glork:
First of all, what is a JOAT? Not common with the abbrevation.
Secondly, wasn't it you that wanted Tidus to claim yesterday? "Only good things will happen, I promise". Why was that? Also, do you have any other reason to believe that Tidus is an evil role except for Wolf's post in the Inn the first night?
JOAT = Jack Of All Trades (various 1 use abilities).

And Glork's explained why he wanted Tidus to claim (the fact he'd claimed a Framer ability, and thus was scum). He said that right near the start of the day.
FC Groningen wrote:To Prana:
You've posted your reasons after I posted. I also had reason to suspect Zodiark back then, but you weren't related. Because I suspected Zodiark, doesn't mean I wanted to defend you. I do find it strange that you post something in close to "yeah, what he said" later on, when you had a different reason posted than me.

For the record, my reason was the fact that he "conveniently went off the radar on page 6". Your reason was "OMGUS vote and role speculation" and later the statement that he didn't contribute at all. Nowhere related.
You quoted the question aimed at me, and answered it, my reason was given after your statement, so please don't go putting words in my mouth.

Now... being that the countdown is at 1, if it's death, g'bye people, if it's not, well... we'll have to go through it to get out of this phase at some point regardless...

unvote; vote: FC

Considering you didn't read what Glork was saying fully, ignored the fact we were waiting in regards to the countdown, and then are trying to swing people onto my case through nothing more than "claiming" your reasons were different to mine.

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:44 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I think I'm the one that got doomed.

I was told that I watched a member of my party (Wedge) get killed by a tornado, that I'm wondering how to flee Doom, and that I have numbers floating above my head.

I'm not afraid of dying. I'm not a PR, just a lowly VT because that's all I ever seem to roll in games. My character is a pretty cute girl named Ridley Silverlake.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:44 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Vote: PranaDevil
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:46 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I probably pissed off a few people by voting, but I don't mind. I'm very lost in all this FF flavor. I just replaced in because I heart Kise.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

PranaDevil wrote:
1 Name another countdown in the FF games that can happen through an ability (unless Kise deliberately was going to have a countdown day 2 and have something happen, in which case it's not an ability)

2 JOAT = Jack Of All Trades (various 1 use abilities).

And Glork's explained why he wanted Tidus to claim (the fact he'd claimed a Framer ability, and thus was scum). He said that right near the start of the day.

3 You quoted the question aimed at me, and answered it, my reason was given after your statement, so please don't go putting words in my mouth.

unvote; vote: FC

Considering you didn't read what Glork was saying fully, ignored the fact we were waiting in regards to the countdown, and then are trying to swing people onto my case through nothing more than "claiming" your reasons were different to mine.
1 No idea, not familiar with Final Fantasy, but that doesn't rule out other possibilities. Appeal to probability noted.

2 In the Inn yes. I wanted to know if there was more to it than that. I also don't get why you answer this in his stead, especially since you can't provide an answer.

3 So because I quoted the answer, aimed at you, means I couldn't post my suspicions? People would have called you out on it if you didn't answer that question yourself. My post had nothing to do with you. Also, I used your words (read back your own posts) so I don't see how I can put words in your mouth. (post 273) Read that post and see how it matches my case.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Post by Glork »

wolframnhart wrote:Long day, just catching up now.

First, I'm blind, thanks for whoever did that crap to me ><

Second, I am the one posting as "crybaby" in the QT, i did it as a joke the first night, the second night i didn't even know what to say, but looking back i probably should have dropped the gag and posted something of relevance.
Unvote, Vote: Wolframhart

Scum. Scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum. There is
NO SUCH THING AS A PROTOWN FRAMER ABILITY
. You are scum scum scum scum scummity scum scum. die die suck die suck kill die die die die die die die die die die.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:10 pm

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: Yes, FC, I said that only good things would happen. Did you expect me to coax a claim out of Tidus by saying "Hey, if you claim, I'm going to get you lynched because I know that you are scum"? I was hoping that if Tidus was dumb enough to blatantly state in the QuickTopic that he is anti-town, that he'd be dumb enough to believe some cock-and-bull story about me having to give him something, and he'd out and claim.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:14 pm

Post by FC Groningen »

Glork wrote:EBWOP: Yes, FC, I said that only good things would happen. Did you expect me to coax a claim out of Tidus by saying "Hey, if you claim, I'm going to get you lynched because I know that you are scum"? I was hoping that if Tidus was dumb enough to blatantly state in the QuickTopic that he is anti-town, that he'd be dumb enough to believe some cock-and-bull story about me having to give him something, and he'd out and claim.
No, just wanted to know if there was more to it than that. Valid point about Wolf by the way. Want to see his reaction first.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:42 pm

Post by dramonic »

Now you guys seem to forgot the countdown here.

Prana's vote make it 0, starbuck -1.
Let's see the new development.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by Glork »

Dram, it's not like we weren't going to vote at all today, just to hopefully keep Starbuck from getting doomed. I treat the Doom as a slightly delayed nightkill.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:25 am

Post by PranaDevil »

We didn't actually know Starbuck was the one who would be doomed until after my "hammer" on the countdown.

So how would we have been trying to keep a specific person from being doomed, if we had no clue in regards to whether it was a specific person or not until after the fact?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:52 am

Post by dramonic »

WEll, it can still be death on the 0, which would be Prana.
Still, a flip could light a few things. I'm starting to develop a theory here...
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:53 am

Post by Starbuck »

You could have asked?

I just got caught back up.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:54 am

Post by Starbuck »

PranaDevil wrote:We didn't actually know Starbuck was the one who would be doomed until after my "hammer" on the countdown.

So how would we have been trying to keep a specific person from being doomed, if we had no clue in regards to whether it was a specific person or not until after the fact?
You know after your WIFOM after the night scene, and the second sentence of this last post, I'm more and more certain that you know EXACTLY what's going on.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 am

Post by wolframnhart »

@Glork
Like I said, the entire post was a joke post, I have no abilities at all, but if you wish to vote me and over exaggerate it then hey, have fun.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:16 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Starbuck wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:We didn't actually know Starbuck was the one who would be doomed until after my "hammer" on the countdown.

You know after your WIFOM after the night scene, and the second sentence of this last post, I'm more and more certain that you know EXACTLY what's going on.
These words... they do not fit in my mouth.

I did no WIFOM, if you took it as that way, fine, but you're the one bringing it up as WIFOM, not me. I asked someone to target me last night, and rather than 2 deaths, we've got 1. Methinks that's because someone did target me and lo, I'm still here.

As for my last sentence there, buh? How's that say I know what's going on? I WILLINGLY cast the final vote 'cause, y'know... if someone's going to get launched out of the game, it may as well be me because no scum will do it, and I have suspicion on me, at least that way I'm actively helping town by being the last one on that countdown.

I actually do hope that the countdown kills whoever made the last vote, 1 - Because it will prove I'm town and 2 - Town can get onto the right track again.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

Hey everybody else, in your honest opinion, did or did not Prana use WIFOM and is he still using it?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”